Walnut Grill - Bridgeville
1595 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Walnut Grill - Bridgeville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatwalnut.com/
- Phone: 4125645746
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Simpson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We can offer parties private dining from 12-70 guests. Please contact the restaurant for more details on our menu options, and layout options.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 4125645746
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR: Currently we offer two times for Happy Hour! From 5-7 Happy Hour includes a $5. appetizer menu, $3 draft beer, $3 house wines, and $3 Pinnacle Vodka Drinks! From 9-11 Happy Hour consists of 1/2 price pizzas, 1/2 price boneless wings!
A word from Walnut Grill - Bridgeville
Come experience Walnut Grill - Bridgeville! Here at Walnut Grill we offer delicious American cuisine with exceptional fresh seafood prepared by our Corporate Executive Chef Randy Simpson. The modern atmosphere of our bar and lounge area makes us the perfect destination to bring a date and enjoy one of our specialty martinis or distinct craft beers. Our full bar is equipped with multiple large screen TVs and can accommodate you and your friends when you are watching your favorite sports team! Or you can come to celebrate your next special occasion in our dining room! If you would like, we also offer dining on our outdoor patio that is sure to make your dining experience with us exceptional! Delicious food, gracious energetic service and our upscale ambiance is designed to please every diner! We accept reservations for our dining room and banquet dining room, our patio and lounge areas are seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Walnut Grill - Bridgeville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Walnut Grill - Bridgeville reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (49)good for groups (38)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was a special occasion (my wife's birthday) and our server, as well as any other help that came to our table, wished her a happy birthday. The food and beer selections were exceptional and the prices were commiserate with the quality of the food and drink. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightGibeanieDined on 9/13/2014Made reservations, asked for an outside table, but by the time we got there the temperature had dropped and we asked to be seated inside. The hostess made accommodations for us in the bar area to honor our reservation. Very nice hostess and wait staff. Our waitress was great but seemed to have too many tables. Was happy to sit in bar area so that we could watch Saturday night football, only to learn that the restaurant couldn't get the game because they did not have Big 10 network. After this was found out many, many tables left and the atmosphere really went down from there. We finished our meal and left. Food was good, but need to figure out bar/entertainment situation. Could be a fun place for games.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinnerbingo831Dined on 9/6/2014Went to the Walnut Grill this past weekend -- the service was excellent and the food was absolutely wonderful! The steaks and the seafood dishes were all excellent - two of us had steak and it was soooo good. Other 4 people had seafood and loved it. ONly complaint i had was the noise level was not good -- it gets so loud as the booths are close together and the people across from us talked very loudly. But aside from that, it was excellent. Would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Excellent Server2localdinersDined on 9/5/2014Our server made great recommendations and was quite attentive. Food was good for some of us, but outstanding for others. I guess it's really what you choose. Definitely would return and hopefully have the same wait staff.Special Features:
- ReservationsMeloDined on 9/3/2014Reservations made for two. I arrived first and was seated. When the second person arrived she was told they don't do reservations. She had to call me to find out where I was seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChelleBDined on 8/30/2014Love the brie quesadillas! Nice selection of beer, drinks, and appetizers.Special Features:
- luv2paintDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyable close to home restaurant. Can be noisy at night with music and bar scene, but fun none the less. Outside spot is pleasant with fire pit but if you don't enjoy people.........stay home.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My family and I went to the Walnut Grill for my birthday. We ordered 4 different entrées off of the menu and each one was delicious. We will definitely be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterDined on 8/21/2014I guess this was our third time there and things went quite well. The spinach was exceptionally spicy; the server took it back with a new portion which was much better.Special Features:
- shrimp & flounderLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was the most delicious stuffed shrimp that I have ever had! it was doen to perfection. As usual, the flounder was amazing too! THis resturant does it right! PS: Try the Sangria Special on Sundays - white or red and its perfect for the time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The brunch was wonderful! It was very pleasant atmosphere. There was much more room than the Mt. Lebanon restaurant. I will definitely recommend it as well as return for dinner. Thank you Donna SchiebelSpecial Features:
- Awful dining experienceMarlouDined on 8/16/2014Everything from the inexperienced hostess who couldn't find our reservation or a table (althought the place was only 1/3 full), to the appetizer that was dripping with grease and returned only to be replaced (after a long wait) at the same time as our entrees, (which were cold), to the waiter who forgot the lemon for my water (I had asked twice ) who never offered bread ( every other table had been servered bread, would have asked but could not find him), who never offered a second glass of wine, to the overpriced entree and dried out "shaved roast beef" ( I think it was a Steakem).....was an awful dining experience.
- Visiting relativesFamilyfromthesouthDined on 8/15/2014I had relatives from NC visiting and they loved the food and portions. They did not care for our service. We had to ask sometimes more than once for refills and she forgot many times what she was doing and had to go back. Overall we enjoyed ourselves enough to want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Above average price for below average food. Sterile atmosphere.Special Features:
- Operations ManagerGR8FDLUVRDined on 8/14/2014Great place for lunch - food and service are great. I am looking forward to having dinner at WG in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic is the wordGbondVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a birthday poarty for my wife and the service was incredible. Couldn't ask for anything more from them and the food and drinks were all just fantastic Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food/ Not so great servicefoody4lifeDined on 8/12/2014I can't say enough things about how good our food was. However it was brought to our table too fast. We received our appetizers and hadn't even passed those around and they were bringing our salads. We didn't even finish either our appetizers or salads and our entrees were brought out. There was barely room on the table for everything. It felt like we were being rushed and they were trying to make room for more patrons. The food was great but I felt like we didn't have time to enjoy it. If we hadn't felt so rushed I'm sure we would of stayed longer and had a few more drinks and dessert. If your in a hurry great place to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/10/2014What a lovely and delicious brunch. There were omelets made to order, salads, fish, pork, sliced beef , brownies, and much more! Excellent service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sophie dogluv2paintDined on 8/8/2014Decent local restaurant. Food menu is rather limited for such a big restaurant. Could use a few more healthy choices, but in general, the food is good. Rather loud, but a fun place. I had a reservation for 7 o'clock for outside and was told when I arrived that 3 walk-in parties were ahead of me. I had to wait a half hour for an outside table. Was not a good system and I had to insist on being placed ahead of walk-ins.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMrsMolsVIPDined on 8/5/2014I'm at Walnut grill frequently and have a few favorites on the menu. The service is always good and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThirstydinerDined on 8/2/2014Waited 15 minutes for a waiter. Waited 10 more for water. Food came out with our drinks. Too rushed-won't go back
- Pretty goodFoodLoverDined on 8/1/2014I've been here several times and the food is always great. The reason I gave mine a 4 was because the green beans had a fishy taste to them this time; otherwise, everything was good. The server kept disappearing which left us with empty drinks often & she never brought us bread which is usually the 1st thing you get (with drinks). On the several occasions I've been here, the service has always been great except this time. I will be back... hopefully get a different server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Service could have been better as our server was not very attentive and did not pay attention to requests and questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014The cod was absolutely delicious! Service outstanding. This resturant dies it right from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are reservations for?justinHatDined on 7/25/2014Having a party of 8, we made reservations for 7:30 PM ahead of time. When are whole party arrived, around 7:25 PM, we were told that they are getting our table ready, but if we want to eat inside it would take longer. We opted for outside and we're told to wait at the bar. 45 minutes later, our outside table was ready. They comped us 1 appetizer for our table. Upon getting the appetizers, the server spilled two glasses of water on the table, in my lap, and in a purse next to me. Food wasn't too bad though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencediningdivaDined on 7/24/2014loved every bite. Ahi appetizer was perfectly prepared. Hubby devoured his steak...a big compliment as he is very picky. Service was wonderful. Our server Drue took great care of us. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- First timer, busy, reservations okBeeJayDined on 7/24/2014Food was good and amount adequate. Seating was on time. Small problem, waiter mixed up bills, putting the wrong credit card on the wrong bill. It was corrected immediately upon noticing the error, but it should not have happened in the first place. Definitely would return and definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood dinner spot15216Dined on 7/24/2014Close, friendly, great fish tacos, awesome bar. Love this place better than other WG locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, as alwaysPAWildsDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I love the menu at Walnut Grill. We would rather eat here than at any of the chain restaurants. I have the beet salad every time I eat here. The food is always well prepared and delicious. The bread they serve is very good and we had a choice of french toast butter or garlic hummus to spread on it. I had a drink that incorporated ginger beer and two kinds of rum. Our server said a lot of people send it back but that's probably because they don't know what ginger beer is. I love ginger beer and the drink was awesome. Our service was very good but a tad slow, but the restaurant was pretty crowded. They had jazz music playing in the dining area which really added to the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Disappointed !AndyDined on 7/18/2014Online site for the menu locks your computer up!!!!!Dropped off a cake for a surprise birthday dinner and when the waiter came...asked who's birthday it was because a cake was in the back.....so no surprise there ! Drinks were expensive anywhere from $5 to $9,50. Bathroom was small dirty with broken toilet paper holders and for some reason to add to the space problem was a mannequin with a wedding dress on it.. did not help! Dinner for 4 was over $200 with tip, not bad but 2 diners only had appetizers....and food was not that great. Might try for lunch but would not go back for dinner. Did have a great outdoor space with awesome fire pit & outdoor TV's.Special Features:
- Enjoyable first visit at WGLeslieDined on 7/13/2014Initial impression walking in the front door is a clean, trendy, upscale bar/restaurant. We had reservations and were seated immediately on a Sunday night at 6 PM. Looking around the bar & dining room there appeared to be quite a bit of available seating. The menu presented a nice variety to choose from, so much so that it was hard to choose what to order! The Sunday special drink was sangria; it was very good and quite a huge drink for $3! I had the roasted beet salad and seared tuna tacos - both were excellent. My husband, who enjoys a variety of microbrews, ordered a beer, Caesar salad and Parmesan crusted chicken & gnocchi - he was also pleased. We shared the Brownie Works for dessert and split it four ways and it was plenty!Special Features:
- Great food, amazing drinksdinnerwithkidsDined on 7/11/2014Such a variety on the menu. Appetizers and filling enough if you just want small plates and drinks. So many options and have never been disappointed. Great kids menu or enough on the appetizer menu for kids to choose from. The wait staff is what you would find in an upscale expensive restaurant, but this is more of a neighborhood place.Special Features:
- SpecialsLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/4/2014The Thai barbaque with Mac n cheese was absolutely wonderful! So much flavor in one dish! Love love this place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, Great service.MazDinerDined on 7/3/2014There were 8 of us for dinner and we had a wonderful time and our server, Devon, was the best! She truly seemed happy to take care of us, and we were able to have fun with her. She even complimented US at the end. Nice time! There were a couple of glitches with a couple of meals that were not her fault. One was my own fault and one was there were 2 others (I think) that the kitchen was at fault. Thank You Walnut Grill and especially Devon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2014Great Moscow mules! The salads are great, but can get pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Walnut Grill clearly takes great measures to hire servers with great personalities. Without exception, every time I've been there, the service has been wonderful. The fantastic service is a pleasant compliment to the delicious food and extensive beer and wine menus. This is a fun place to dine, with no chance of disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChelleBDined on 6/27/2014The dining at Walnut Grill is excellent. Great choice of apps and beverages and great food selection.Special Features:
- TGIFLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/27/2014What a great place to relax on a friday and have have food served with exceptional service.Special Features:
- WOWJAYJAYDined on 6/26/2014FIRST TIME VISIT AND NOT THE LAST. WE HAD SOME GREAT SPECIALS. THE SERVICE WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME. MOST CERTAINLY WILL RETURN. THANKS TO THE ENTIRE SERVICE STAFF!Special Features:
- Great food and drinksMrsDCDined on 6/21/2014We went for girls night and ended up ordering multiple appetizers and multiple desserts. Nice variety of drink selections. The fruit and cheese plate was very generous, fresh -fruit and cheese choices. Lobster mac also very good. White pizza great. Excellent waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.