Walnut Creek Yacht Club
1555 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Creek Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutcreekyachtclub.com/
- Phone: (925) 944-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Weinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus for any size party. We also have a private patio area, which is fully enclosed and heated in cooler weather. It's great for private events all year long. Please check out our Banquet Menus on our website www.wcyc.net.
- Private Party Contact: Manager David Keane 9259443474
A word from Walnut Creek Yacht Club
Ellen McCarty and Kevin Weinberg opened the Walnut Creek Yacht Club in May of 1997 with the mission of bringing the finest and freshest from the sea to Walnut Creek. Why do we call ourselves a yacht club? Because we want to bring the atmosphere of a day on the Bay to landlocked Walnut Creek. We want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcomed. Our décor includes many beautiful nautical touches: teak, mahogany, stainless steel, and even an authentic jib which was a gift to Kevin from the America’s Cup Defender, Alinghi. In January of 2008 we completed an extensive remodel, expanding the restaurant by twenty-five percent, and adding an oyster bar. We have been voted Best Seafood Restaurant in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the last 11 years, and have won numerous other awards, including Best Chef, Best Bartender, and Best Sommelier. We have a full bar, and a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Walnut Creek Yacht Club - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (64)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (53)good for groups (48)notable wine list (44)hot spot (26)romantic (17)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- 1stardinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Service was not very good this evening. First time in a long time that we've been here on a weekend night. We always come on week nights... Asked for extra bread and didn't get any... No one returned to ask if we wanted an extra glass of wine as mine was empty. Water was never refilled. I had to get water from my friend's glass. Ordered coffee and no one ever returned to ask if we wanted any refill. Got everything we ordered and that was it. Been here a few times this year and this was the worst... Thought the place was getting better... Used to be a great place.... Will probably not return for a while.... A pity, as we do like the clam chowder and raw clams...
- Great LunchSodiumDined on 11/20/2014Fantastic lunch, met some road tripping friends on a weekday and had a wonderful meal. Cannot wait to find a reason to come back for dinner.Special Features:
- looked very earnestly to find a true Moscow muleClintonDined on 11/17/2014Found it here and then some, the 1941 Mai Tai also outstanding. The food was good and the service excellent. The last time I came here 4 years ago I wasn't treated very nicely. This visit turned everything around. I even became a memberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WC Yacht Club is always solid!!TerriDined on 11/15/2014Don't come here often enough. Always love it! Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnitaDined on 11/15/2014Great reasurant! This is my 3rd time to enjoy food at Yacht Club! And I defenately come back sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So noisy we couldn't have a conversation.DubyaVIPDined on 11/14/2014We finished our lunch and went to Peet's for coffee so we could hear each other.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Our waiter was tremendous and made the night a memorable one.Special Features:
- Regular DinerforeverfoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2014I always visit the WCYC because of its outstanding offerings - whether it's for lunch or dinner. The oysters are particularly outstanding and the lunch specials are always of very good quality - and price.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL FOODCarolVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food we order was very good had to send back the salmon as it was undercooked. We had the best crab cakes ever. Our server was wonderful. My only complaint was it was way to loud to have a nice diner conversation.Special Features:
- Great serviceLadiesnightoutVIPDined on 11/8/2014We took our kids here for our son's birthday. Food was fabulous! Service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Great First Time VisitShamusDined on 11/1/2014Searched on Line for a choice for dinner in Walnut Creek and wanted to try the WCYC for the first time. All around impressive starting with the welcoming service and knowledge of the staff. Food and drinks were excellent and I specifically asked the staff both at the bar and at our table for their suggestions and recommendations and they were spot on. I'll definitely recommend and plan to come back another time and see what it is like on another night of the week.Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fishBubblesDined on 11/1/2014The oysters were tremendous - very fresh. The fish also was fresh and well prepared. The restaurant was clean and quiet - immaculate rest rooms - a good sign. The server was very knowledgable and helpful. We were there for lunch and it was very fairly priced. I would certainly recommend the restaurant to friends and family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014In just a few words WCYC is simply professional at what they do. Food, service and environment.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/28/2014Fantastic seafood dishes and excellent service! I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickMickDined on 10/23/2014Our first visit here although we were with friends that consider it their favorite place..The service was outstanding and so was the food..will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLocalgDined on 10/21/2014Spontaneously decided to have my BD dinner here. Everyone was kind and service efficient. All of our food was thoughtfully prepared and either met or exceeded our expectations. (Only issue was the wine list. X's 3 on their mark up and no local wine. Chose to order bar drinks, also pricey) The crab cakes were heavy to the crab and very good. We both had the halibut. Mine was a bit underdone. They surprised me with a lovely creme brûlée. Overall a nice experience and we would go again.Special Features:
- Always fresh with excellent serviceLgleglVIPDined on 10/17/2014I come her again and again because the fish is always fresh, the service excellent and the wine list extensive.Special Features:
- Not your average "yacht club"!ChowBellaDined on 10/16/2014Knew this place would surprise me, given it's called Walnut Creek Yacht Club in the landlocked suburban WC, but I didn't expect the restaurant to be so modern, the staff to be so warm and helpful, and the food to be so outstanding! Add to this, that I'm not an adventurous seafood eater yet I had a 3 course meal from the sea! Everything at the table was fantastic: the Mahi Mahi fish tacos (go grilled), Albacore ceviche (amazing!), Thai curry with prawns, grilled halibut, and a shrimp scampi with roasted brussels sprouts and bacon. Oh! And the cocktails - we had the Zentini and Ceilo Rosso - were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1stardinerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always fresh seafood and everything always prepared perfectly... Simply delicious.Special Features:
- JeffVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food and ambiance are always good. Very comfortable place to dine and after many times eating at WCYC the service has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Hot Spot!!!looking4newplacesDined on 10/13/2014It is my favorite restaurant in the Walnut Creek area. Had oysters and mussels - yummy!!!Special Features:
- LLLLLLLLDined on 10/11/2014Yacht Club is one of our favorite restaurants - we had s great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood, Not So RomanticGriffinDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary after hearing great reviews of the seafood. The food was indeed excellent - great calamari appetizer, our "dockside" fish (salmon for him, halibut for me) was cooked perfectly moist and flaky, and the pumpkin spice cheesecake was the perfect fall dessert! My only negative aspect was that it was much more of a lively, boisterous ambiance, as opposed to an intimate, romantic one. I think it would be great for a family or group gathering, but not recommended if you want quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Love the Yacht Club,EileenwestVIPDined on 10/10/2014but this dinner wasn't up to their usual standards. We started with their clam chowder, which is so good, it's hard to describe! But, then I ordered the grilled halibut with mushroom pilaf. For $27, the piece of halibut was small (tail piece) and dry. I've had lovely pieces of halibut, but this wasn't one of them. The mushroom pilaf was also dry, even had an end portion that was stuck together, like it had been sitting in a pot somewhere for quite a bit. Not their best effort. Service was stellar. I do wish they could do something about the noise level, but it's always been loud, so I expect that. We will go back, but they need to step up their game with their fish, if they want to continue to be known for great seafood.
- Really Nice PlaceBWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service with very friendly staff. All the staff looked so happy to be working there. Food was OK not quite as good as I expected but the calamari was the tenderest I have ever had. Also the crème brule was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a winner!funtimesDined on 10/6/2014I have been going here since they opened and have never been let down. The fish and seafood is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Friendly ServicecomidaycompaniaDined on 10/3/2014Food was delicious and our waiter, Alex H. was very informative, friendly, and attentive with us. We ordered the fish and chips. The fish and fries were great, the fries were a bit salty but still good. We also ordered the halibut with wine sauce-best halibut and it was cooked just right. For dessert we had the pear crumble and the bread pudding. Overall, enjoyed our dinner and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchJapangirlDined on 9/26/2014My first time here for my birthday lunch was delightful! I enjoyed the nice touch of my name printed on the menu and the delightful surprise of a creme brûlée birthday dessert! I had the delicious Lobster Roll sandwich that was chock full of fresh lobster in every bite- and am so glad that I decided to add a side of the best clam chowder I've had on the West coast... full of bacon bits and chunks of clam in a creamy home made savory tasting soup...I blown away! I am excited to try the fish options on my next visit !Special Features:
- Seafood Lover RejoiceswcdaneDined on 9/22/2014From the half dozen fresh oysters beautifully displayed on a bed of sea grass, to the superbly grilled halibut and the best fish and chips my children have every enjoyed, and finally to the refreshing Spanish sparkling wine and luscious chocolate pot de creme to wind things down, our evening at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club was a pleasure from beginning to end. Thank you, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014We dined here for our anniversary and were not disappointed. Wonderful food that was savory and satisfying. Will return again and again,Special Features:
- Best seafood east of the TunnelSteveVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our only regret is we've lived in the area 18 years and never tried WCYC till now. This is our new favorite place for really fresh seafood. Our waiter Todd was very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They have a large selection of oysters; my wife enjoyed the Kumamoto and Kusshi. I tried the clam chowder which is flavorful without being overly thick. Both my wife's scallops and my wild king salmon were perfectly grilled, and they have a variety of interesting sauces you can get on the side. Even the crusty, fresh bread is very good. The atmosphere is very lively though, so if you're looking for a quiet meal, you'll probably want to go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place With Good Food!madabouttownVIPDined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy this restaurant as the staff is friendly and the scene is lively. It may not be the best place for the hard of hearing on a Friday or Saturday night, but the plusses make up for it. My boyfriend loved the salmon BLT and even though they ran out of sole, they made the same special with halibut and it was very good. They have the best brown bread and their meals are consistently good. In the past, some of their fish portions were a little small, but lately they seem to have increased the size and I don't go away hungry. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Walnut Creed AreaNomadDined on 9/17/2014Been going to The Yacht Club for fifteen years plus. Great seafood - eight or ten types of fresh fish offered per day (cooked various ways). Can't beat it in the East Bay!Special Features:
- Last time for the Yacht Club63YearFanDined on 9/13/2014Lackluster food, indifferent service, insanely overcrowded, overpriced/undervalued, and impossible to carry on a conversation without SHOUTING. Never again. Why it has this near-cult status, lord only knows. Never again for me!
- AnneVIPDined on 9/12/2014Best seafood in the east bay. We have been dining here for many, many years and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodSpencerDined on 9/8/2014Everything was good, I had a corn and zucchini chowder, trout, and a vanilla crème brulee. The waiter was very friendly and good with recommendations. He stopped by a couple of times, and we weren't ready to order, but when we were, it took a few minutes to flag him down. Noise is not bad, although there was a big group nearby, and the loud drunken laughter made it a little to hear conversation. Overall though, this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentLeicaManVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been dining at Walnut Creek Yacht Club for years. This is our favorite place for seafood in all the bay area. Great food, great service, in a friendly, neighborhood restaurant. Try it!Special Features:
- Great service, spectacular foodCasualFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Best oysters ever, followed by perfectly grilled halibut paired with a couple glassed of good wine. And for how great the food was - the service was even better. Our waiter correctly perceived there was a lot of talking going on, and did not rush anything and made just the right suggestions at the right time to create a great meal.Special Features:
- MycalbeMycalbeDined on 8/30/2014Crowded. Load with very inebriated patrons at the bar who from all indications were regulars. Food was the winner here. Would not recommend for people who want to converse.Special Features:
- Celebration77Celebration77VIPDined on 8/30/2014Party of 6 celebrating a birthday an a night out. The service was fantastic . The food - we all had fresh fish - from oysters, scallops, Mahhi Mahhi, Sea Bass, Salmon & Seafood gumbo. Delicious. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.