Walnut Creek Yacht Club
1555 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Creek Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutcreekyachtclub.com/
- Phone: 9259443474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Weinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus for any size party. We also have a private patio area, which is fully enclosed and heated in cooler weather. It's great for private events all year long. Please check out our Banquet Menus on our website www.wcyc.net.
- Private Party Contact: Manager David Keane 9259443474
A word from Walnut Creek Yacht Club
Ellen McCarty and Kevin Weinberg opened the Walnut Creek Yacht Club in May of 1997 with the mission of bringing the finest and freshest from the sea to Walnut Creek. Why do we call ourselves a yacht club? Because we want to bring the atmosphere of a day on the Bay to landlocked Walnut Creek. We want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcomed. Our décor includes many beautiful nautical touches: teak, mahogany, stainless steel, and even an authentic jib which was a gift to Kevin from the America’s Cup Defender, Alinghi. In January of 2008 we completed an extensive remodel, expanding the restaurant by twenty-five percent, and adding an oyster bar. We have been voted Best Seafood Restaurant in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the last 11 years, and have won numerous other awards, including Best Chef, Best Bartender, and Best Sommelier. We have a full bar, and a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (65)vibrant bar scene (53)great for lunch (52)good for groups (40)notable wine list (40)hot spot (31)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Last time for the Yacht Club63YearFanDined on 9/13/2014Lackluster food, indifferent service, insanely overcrowded, overpriced/undervalued, and impossible to carry on a conversation without SHOUTING. Never again. Why it has this near-cult status, lord only knows. Never again for me!
- AnneVIPDined on 9/12/2014Best seafood in the east bay. We have been dining here for many, many years and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodSpencerDined on 9/8/2014Everything was good, I had a corn and zucchini chowder, trout, and a vanilla crème brulee. The waiter was very friendly and good with recommendations. He stopped by a couple of times, and we weren't ready to order, but when we were, it took a few minutes to flag him down. Noise is not bad, although there was a big group nearby, and the loud drunken laughter made it a little to hear conversation. Overall though, this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentLeicaManVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been dining at Walnut Creek Yacht Club for years. This is our favorite place for seafood in all the bay area. Great food, great service, in a friendly, neighborhood restaurant. Try it!Special Features:
- Great service, spectacular foodCasualFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Best oysters ever, followed by perfectly grilled halibut paired with a couple glassed of good wine. And for how great the food was - the service was even better. Our waiter correctly perceived there was a lot of talking going on, and did not rush anything and made just the right suggestions at the right time to create a great meal.Special Features:
- MycalbeMycalbeDined on 8/30/2014Crowded. Load with very inebriated patrons at the bar who from all indications were regulars. Food was the winner here. Would not recommend for people who want to converse.Special Features:
- Celebration77Celebration77Dined on 8/30/2014Party of 6 celebrating a birthday an a night out. The service was fantastic . The food - we all had fresh fish - from oysters, scallops, Mahhi Mahhi, Sea Bass, Salmon & Seafood gumbo. Delicious. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Took out of town guests there and it was most enjoyable. Food is always well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Fish is amazingDinerDined on 8/27/2014Server was extremely nice, courteous however food service was pace was slow
- YC Lost je ne sais quoiKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Still good, and seafood is still good, but staff seems to communicate poorly, and there are rough edges here and there, although it is still a reliable dinner house.
- Good fish tacos, lackluster winesjulia952Dined on 8/23/2014We started with a plate of oysters and cocktails, very nice. We then had an iceberg lettuce salad with a deliciously spicy dressing. Two fish tacos (an appetizer) served us well as an entree. Desserts were enormous (maybe too big). Portions were generous throughout.
- WC Yacht ClubEllenVIPDined on 8/21/2014As always, we had a wonderful dinner. The fish was so fresh it tasted as if it just came out of the water! Joe's salad was great too. The desserts are mouth-watering. Great occasion.Special Features:
- NomadDined on 8/21/2014The Yacht Club is the premier seafood restaurant in Walnut Creek, with multiple varieties of fresh fish every night. We've be going for many years, since shortly after it opened. Scott's Seafood is a very, very distant second (or third).Special Features:
- It was fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014There was nothing wrong with this restaurant. We did not have a bad experience and our waiter was really great, but when I pay almost $30 for an entree I want it to be delicious and memorable. This was just fine. Had a paid half the price for my meal I would probably be writing a different review.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A favorite monthly visit. The scallops are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 8/16/2014Started with calamari great! Then on to oysters again great! Server forgot our salads but they looked great! My husband had a pasta I had halibut with fruit salsa which were both fabulous! Ended the meal with the best sundae I have ever had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I had the fried Ling Cod it was overcook and had an odd taste. I didn't finish it. Also the regatta fries had garlic on them. I didn't know regatta meant garlic. The clam chowder soup was amassing and the Oysters were fresh and very good. I'll continue to come back. But won't order the Fish and chips again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Soft-Shelled Crab!!JaneVIPDined on 8/14/2014I LOVE soft-shelled crab, and here in the west, one seldomly finds it on a menu. When I saw it in the form of a poorboy sandwich with Remoulade sauce, I didn't hesitate for a moment! The sandwich came with coleslaw and a choice of chips, fries or red potato salad. I chose the potato salad, which was excellent. But the true high light was the poorboy! The soft-shell crab was prepared to absolute melt-in-one's mouth perfection! The Remoulade sauce was the exact correct compliment for the crab, and the French roll was toasted or fried somehow to also make it taste special. The slaw added a tartness to the meal which was a nice balance. Our server, who had waited on my husband and myself a week earlier for dinner, was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish and Awesome ServiceFoodnutVIPDined on 8/12/2014I just love when my server likes food as much or more than me. We had a great experience here and would love to come again. Great healthy food, passionate service and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still in love!IhvreservationsDined on 8/9/2014I have been dining in this restaurant for many years. I have always had excellent food and service except for a brief time about 4 months ago, but they are back! Everything was superb! I am sooo happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service without the extra touchFrench19Dined on 8/8/2014It has been a few years since since we dined at the Yacht Club, and while the food on our recent visit was fine, the service was truly lacking. We ordered the prix fix lunch and while the servings were small, it was plenty of food for those of us with small appetites. The waiter did warn us about the portions which we appreciated, but once he realized we were ordering the lunch special, his service fell off completely. He made absolutely no effort to interact with us and his service became perfunctory rather than gracious. With so many restaurants to chose from in Walnut Creek, this is not a good sign. We will most likely not return.
- Good food, weird waiters...Billy2013VIPDined on 8/6/2014Good quality food, head waiters ALWAYS weird, can't answer small & quick Qs, maybe just taught to answer with dramatic & long responses to UPsell? Weird, easier to read menu by selves...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWconnollyDined on 8/6/2014Petrale sole was delicious. Great service and personal attention and accomodation from the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat WCYCSherbearVIPDined on 8/6/2014WCYC is our go-to restaurant for the freshest seafood around, the best service, and the best bar.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerDinersRUsDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and based on the recommendation from our son, we made reservations. On-street parking was difficult to find, but there are a couple parking garages nearby that are available. We were greeted by the hostess and she wished us a Happy Anniversary. (I had commented it was our anniversary when I made the reservation on Open Table.) She sat us at the back of the restaurant at a very nice booth where we could have privacy. The waiter and his staff were very attentive and took our drink order gave and us a very thorough explanation of how the menu. Both of our dinners were excellent; from the wedge salad (highly recommend) to the entrees. The scallops were awesome. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winesnobDined on 8/5/2014Food and service were perfect. Table was very small and crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Night out!LadiesnightoutVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, service was excellent. We were very impressed.Special Features:
- Overall disappointingSRVdinersDined on 8/1/2014Went there to celebrate a wedding anniversary. Booked reservation via OpenTable. They couldn't find the reservation, even after I showed them the email confirmation. They were able to find us a table, but this rough beginning started us off on the wrong foot. Interior looks tired and in need of a refresh. Very noisy, so conversation was difficult. Air conditioning was insufficient; we usually get coffee with dessert but passed because we were too hot. Food was good but the ambiance is poor relative to the cost of the meal, so overall this was a disappointing experience. There are a lot of other restaurants to choose from in this price range. We won't be going back to this one.
- AnneVIPDined on 8/1/2014Best seafood in the east bay. We always have a great meal. They also have special events like the lobster feed that are well priced and delicous!Special Features:
- lobster office lunch = home runMarkVIPDined on 8/1/2014we had an office celebratory lunch here - we pre-ordered 2 lb lobsters - they charged us 2 lbs but they had to be bigger; and they were amazingly fresh and delicious - and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Great!!JHDGDined on 7/26/2014Every time we go to WCYC, we have a wonderful experience. The food is great, the service is great, the atmosphere is great. Couldn't ask for a better restaurant!Special Features:
- Delicious, as alwaysOuttatownerDined on 7/23/2014We were frequent diners at WCYC several years ago when we lived in Walnut Creek. Now that we come back to visit, this is our go to place when we want great seafood, service and a nice wine selection. Lunch or dinner is great and the Skipper's menu is a nice snack in the afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent this restaurant.KenSVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is our go-to place for fish in the area, always fresh and perfectly prepared. Our last visit was for a party of six and we elected to use the Aft Deck dinning area where it is more quiet for conversations to flow. Our server was great and knew the menu very well. The bar has the best mixed drinks that I have ever had! Insider Hint: join the loyalty program and come to the Skippers Meeting every day from 3 to 6 for some very special treats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, friendly atmosphereVisitorhostingalocalDined on 7/21/2014Happy energy in the place. Intriguing menu with wide selection. Great food. The kitchen was very slow the evening we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableNativetahoeDined on 7/19/2014Great service, fun drinks and the oysters and mahi mahi tacos were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!gail4949Dined on 7/18/2014Took my son here for his 40th birthday. Sat outside on a perfect evening. Waiter, Joel, was terrific. As was the drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goto spotTpm06Dined on 7/16/2014I met a colleague here for a business dinner that could not have chosen a better place in Walnut Creek. Fish was fresh and the Chief must certainly know what he's doing because even the gumbo was good, validated by a native Louisianan. The wait staff exercised great patience with us as we stayed longer than most would normally for a party of two to work out some important issues. The only challenge with the area is parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it's Tuesdays, it's WCYCLetsEatVIPDined on 7/15/2014For oysters! A group of us love oysters and we try to go every Tuesday. The oysters are THE BEST anywhere....fresh as you can get. The drinks are terrific and the service is outstanding. This is not a fancy place but the food is outstanding. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joy of Fine Food, Drink +WaitstaffDonnieDined on 7/11/2014Reservations were made before we knew a friend was coming for drinks. To accommodate our friend they offered a larger table in the back of the restaurant for a half hour before that reserved table was to be occupied. This meant the staff had to clear the big table for us and reset it for the later reservation. Waiter:excellent and accommodating, hostesses: clever and cheerful. The staff took the discomfort away + made the best of it. This restaurant has consistent excellent food. I have died and gone to heaven twice when I order the sauteed scallops. My husband has had the fish and chips last visit and the fish tacos this time. We felt pampered. Thanks to the staff at the Yacht Club. We will be back. Yum doesn't say enough.Special Features:
- Lwhitney111Dined on 7/8/2014The food was really good, as were the drinks. We had a wonderfully attentive waitress.Special Features: