Walnut Creek Yacht Club
1555 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Creek Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutcreekyachtclub.com/
- Phone: 9259443474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Weinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus for any size party. We also have a private patio area, which is fully enclosed and heated in cooler weather. It's great for private events all year long. Please check out our Banquet Menus on our website www.wcyc.net.
- Private Party Contact: Manager David Keane 9259443474
A word from Walnut Creek Yacht Club
Ellen McCarty and Kevin Weinberg opened the Walnut Creek Yacht Club in May of 1997 with the mission of bringing the finest and freshest from the sea to Walnut Creek. Why do we call ourselves a yacht club? Because we want to bring the atmosphere of a day on the Bay to landlocked Walnut Creek. We want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcomed. Our décor includes many beautiful nautical touches: teak, mahogany, stainless steel, and even an authentic jib which was a gift to Kevin from the America’s Cup Defender, Alinghi. In January of 2008 we completed an extensive remodel, expanding the restaurant by twenty-five percent, and adding an oyster bar. We have been voted Best Seafood Restaurant in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the last 11 years, and have won numerous other awards, including Best Chef, Best Bartender, and Best Sommelier. We have a full bar, and a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Walnut Creek Yacht Club - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (62)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (42)notable wine list (41)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (16)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always fresh with excellent serviceLgleglVIPDined on 10/17/2014I come her again and again because the fish is always fresh, the service excellent and the wine list extensive.Special Features:
- 1stardinerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always fresh seafood and everything always prepared perfectly... Simply delicious.Special Features:
- JeffVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food and ambiance are always good. Very comfortable place to dine and after many times eating at WCYC the service has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Hot Spot!!!looking4newplacesDined on 10/13/2014It is my favorite restaurant in the Walnut Creek area. Had oysters and mussels - yummy!!!Special Features:
- LLLLLLLLDined on 10/11/2014Yacht Club is one of our favorite restaurants - we had s great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood, Not So RomanticGriffinDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary after hearing great reviews of the seafood. The food was indeed excellent - great calamari appetizer, our "dockside" fish (salmon for him, halibut for me) was cooked perfectly moist and flaky, and the pumpkin spice cheesecake was the perfect fall dessert! My only negative aspect was that it was much more of a lively, boisterous ambiance, as opposed to an intimate, romantic one. I think it would be great for a family or group gathering, but not recommended if you want quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Love the Yacht Club,EileenwestVIPDined on 10/10/2014but this dinner wasn't up to their usual standards. We started with their clam chowder, which is so good, it's hard to describe! But, then I ordered the grilled halibut with mushroom pilaf. For $27, the piece of halibut was small (tail piece) and dry. I've had lovely pieces of halibut, but this wasn't one of them. The mushroom pilaf was also dry, even had an end portion that was stuck together, like it had been sitting in a pot somewhere for quite a bit. Not their best effort. Service was stellar. I do wish they could do something about the noise level, but it's always been loud, so I expect that. We will go back, but they need to step up their game with their fish, if they want to continue to be known for great seafood.
- Really Nice PlaceBWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service with very friendly staff. All the staff looked so happy to be working there. Food was OK not quite as good as I expected but the calamari was the tenderest I have ever had. Also the crème brule was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a winner!funtimesDined on 10/6/2014I have been going here since they opened and have never been let down. The fish and seafood is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Friendly ServicecomidaycompaniaDined on 10/3/2014Food was delicious and our waiter, Alex H. was very informative, friendly, and attentive with us. We ordered the fish and chips. The fish and fries were great, the fries were a bit salty but still good. We also ordered the halibut with wine sauce-best halibut and it was cooked just right. For dessert we had the pear crumble and the bread pudding. Overall, enjoyed our dinner and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchJapangirlDined on 9/26/2014My first time here for my birthday lunch was delightful! I enjoyed the nice touch of my name printed on the menu and the delightful surprise of a creme brûlée birthday dessert! I had the delicious Lobster Roll sandwich that was chock full of fresh lobster in every bite- and am so glad that I decided to add a side of the best clam chowder I've had on the West coast... full of bacon bits and chunks of clam in a creamy home made savory tasting soup...I blown away! I am excited to try the fish options on my next visit !Special Features:
- Seafood Lover RejoiceswcdaneDined on 9/22/2014From the half dozen fresh oysters beautifully displayed on a bed of sea grass, to the superbly grilled halibut and the best fish and chips my children have every enjoyed, and finally to the refreshing Spanish sparkling wine and luscious chocolate pot de creme to wind things down, our evening at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club was a pleasure from beginning to end. Thank you, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014We dined here for our anniversary and were not disappointed. Wonderful food that was savory and satisfying. Will return again and again,Special Features:
- Best seafood east of the TunnelSteveVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our only regret is we've lived in the area 18 years and never tried WCYC till now. This is our new favorite place for really fresh seafood. Our waiter Todd was very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They have a large selection of oysters; my wife enjoyed the Kumamoto and Kusshi. I tried the clam chowder which is flavorful without being overly thick. Both my wife's scallops and my wild king salmon were perfectly grilled, and they have a variety of interesting sauces you can get on the side. Even the crusty, fresh bread is very good. The atmosphere is very lively though, so if you're looking for a quiet meal, you'll probably want to go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place With Good Food!madabouttownVIPDined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy this restaurant as the staff is friendly and the scene is lively. It may not be the best place for the hard of hearing on a Friday or Saturday night, but the plusses make up for it. My boyfriend loved the salmon BLT and even though they ran out of sole, they made the same special with halibut and it was very good. They have the best brown bread and their meals are consistently good. In the past, some of their fish portions were a little small, but lately they seem to have increased the size and I don't go away hungry. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Walnut Creed AreaNomadDined on 9/17/2014Been going to The Yacht Club for fifteen years plus. Great seafood - eight or ten types of fresh fish offered per day (cooked various ways). Can't beat it in the East Bay!Special Features:
- Last time for the Yacht Club63YearFanDined on 9/13/2014Lackluster food, indifferent service, insanely overcrowded, overpriced/undervalued, and impossible to carry on a conversation without SHOUTING. Never again. Why it has this near-cult status, lord only knows. Never again for me!
- AnneVIPDined on 9/12/2014Best seafood in the east bay. We have been dining here for many, many years and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodSpencerDined on 9/8/2014Everything was good, I had a corn and zucchini chowder, trout, and a vanilla crème brulee. The waiter was very friendly and good with recommendations. He stopped by a couple of times, and we weren't ready to order, but when we were, it took a few minutes to flag him down. Noise is not bad, although there was a big group nearby, and the loud drunken laughter made it a little to hear conversation. Overall though, this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentLeicaManVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been dining at Walnut Creek Yacht Club for years. This is our favorite place for seafood in all the bay area. Great food, great service, in a friendly, neighborhood restaurant. Try it!Special Features:
- Great service, spectacular foodCasualFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Best oysters ever, followed by perfectly grilled halibut paired with a couple glassed of good wine. And for how great the food was - the service was even better. Our waiter correctly perceived there was a lot of talking going on, and did not rush anything and made just the right suggestions at the right time to create a great meal.Special Features:
- MycalbeMycalbeDined on 8/30/2014Crowded. Load with very inebriated patrons at the bar who from all indications were regulars. Food was the winner here. Would not recommend for people who want to converse.Special Features:
- Celebration77Celebration77Dined on 8/30/2014Party of 6 celebrating a birthday an a night out. The service was fantastic . The food - we all had fresh fish - from oysters, scallops, Mahhi Mahhi, Sea Bass, Salmon & Seafood gumbo. Delicious. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Took out of town guests there and it was most enjoyable. Food is always well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Fish is amazingDinerDined on 8/27/2014Server was extremely nice, courteous however food service was pace was slow
- YC Lost je ne sais quoiKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Still good, and seafood is still good, but staff seems to communicate poorly, and there are rough edges here and there, although it is still a reliable dinner house.
- Good fish tacos, lackluster winesjulia952Dined on 8/23/2014We started with a plate of oysters and cocktails, very nice. We then had an iceberg lettuce salad with a deliciously spicy dressing. Two fish tacos (an appetizer) served us well as an entree. Desserts were enormous (maybe too big). Portions were generous throughout.
- WC Yacht ClubEllenVIPDined on 8/21/2014As always, we had a wonderful dinner. The fish was so fresh it tasted as if it just came out of the water! Joe's salad was great too. The desserts are mouth-watering. Great occasion.Special Features:
- NomadDined on 8/21/2014The Yacht Club is the premier seafood restaurant in Walnut Creek, with multiple varieties of fresh fish every night. We've be going for many years, since shortly after it opened. Scott's Seafood is a very, very distant second (or third).Special Features:
- It was fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014There was nothing wrong with this restaurant. We did not have a bad experience and our waiter was really great, but when I pay almost $30 for an entree I want it to be delicious and memorable. This was just fine. Had a paid half the price for my meal I would probably be writing a different review.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A favorite monthly visit. The scallops are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 8/16/2014Started with calamari great! Then on to oysters again great! Server forgot our salads but they looked great! My husband had a pasta I had halibut with fruit salsa which were both fabulous! Ended the meal with the best sundae I have ever had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I had the fried Ling Cod it was overcook and had an odd taste. I didn't finish it. Also the regatta fries had garlic on them. I didn't know regatta meant garlic. The clam chowder soup was amassing and the Oysters were fresh and very good. I'll continue to come back. But won't order the Fish and chips again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Soft-Shelled Crab!!JaneVIPDined on 8/14/2014I LOVE soft-shelled crab, and here in the west, one seldomly finds it on a menu. When I saw it in the form of a poorboy sandwich with Remoulade sauce, I didn't hesitate for a moment! The sandwich came with coleslaw and a choice of chips, fries or red potato salad. I chose the potato salad, which was excellent. But the true high light was the poorboy! The soft-shell crab was prepared to absolute melt-in-one's mouth perfection! The Remoulade sauce was the exact correct compliment for the crab, and the French roll was toasted or fried somehow to also make it taste special. The slaw added a tartness to the meal which was a nice balance. Our server, who had waited on my husband and myself a week earlier for dinner, was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish and Awesome ServiceFoodnutVIPDined on 8/12/2014I just love when my server likes food as much or more than me. We had a great experience here and would love to come again. Great healthy food, passionate service and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still in love!IhvreservationsDined on 8/9/2014I have been dining in this restaurant for many years. I have always had excellent food and service except for a brief time about 4 months ago, but they are back! Everything was superb! I am sooo happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service without the extra touchFrench19Dined on 8/8/2014It has been a few years since since we dined at the Yacht Club, and while the food on our recent visit was fine, the service was truly lacking. We ordered the prix fix lunch and while the servings were small, it was plenty of food for those of us with small appetites. The waiter did warn us about the portions which we appreciated, but once he realized we were ordering the lunch special, his service fell off completely. He made absolutely no effort to interact with us and his service became perfunctory rather than gracious. With so many restaurants to chose from in Walnut Creek, this is not a good sign. We will most likely not return.
- Good food, weird waiters...Billy2013VIPDined on 8/6/2014Good quality food, head waiters ALWAYS weird, can't answer small & quick Qs, maybe just taught to answer with dramatic & long responses to UPsell? Weird, easier to read menu by selves...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWconnollyDined on 8/6/2014Petrale sole was delicious. Great service and personal attention and accomodation from the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat WCYCSherbearVIPDined on 8/6/2014WCYC is our go-to restaurant for the freshest seafood around, the best service, and the best bar.Special Features: