Walnut Circle Grill
115 Walnut Street
Hattiesburg, MS 39401Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Circle Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.walnutcirclegrill.com/
- Phone: 6015442202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a large selection of Hors d’oeuvres, Three Course Banquet Menu, and Buffet options.
- Private Party Facilities: Ask us about "The Walnut Room" adjacent to Walnut Circle Grill.
- Private Party Contact: Damien Christian 6015442202
- Entertainment: Live music in the courtyard on Friday nights - no cover.
A word from Walnut Circle Grill
Located in historic downtown Hattiesburg, Walnut Circle Grill offers casual fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Circle Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great FoodChaconiansDined on 3/29/2014Walnut Circle plays big, but is really an intimate, special place.Special Features:
- Great Food, beautiful placeFoodismorethanfuelDined on 3/28/2014Outstanding meal, the Shrimp and grits appetizer and the chocolate ganache cake are not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayAMGfromVADined on 3/14/2014Moving to VA, it is nice to come home and see new restaurants. I treated my husband and myself to your restaurant. It was very nice and quite. We like the location due to the tranquility in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review the grillnotahappydinerDined on 2/15/2014excellent food excellent service. Staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Valentines night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Great place to dine and eat, also romantic place to take you love one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/20141st time there, went for valentines day. It was so romantic and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatMichaelDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day. We liked the atmosphere (they kept it dim and didn't overbook). They didn't really have a special V-day menu and the waiter didn't know his menu. My food was not good at all (Cajun steak with mashed potatoes and veggies). My steak wasn't good, the mashed potatoes were cold and bland, and the veggies were blah. My girlfriend had the opposite experience, she loved the duck( can't remember her side items ).Special Features:
- food not cooked properlynoway1Dined on 2/14/2014Order a medium steak. It came out rare. The restaurant did not even try to get it cooked. Just gave me ticket. I paid and left forever.
- This was my second visit.DRRAESRDined on 2/14/2014This was my second visit. I loved it just as much as the first. Our server was brand new to the job and did an adequate job. The ambience is great. The food was TERRIFIC. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014I took my girlfriend here for a nice dinner we had reservations and it was really peaceful the waitresses weren't over bearing they kept our glasses full without us having to ask. It was a great atmosphere and it had a New Orleans French quarter feel. Good place to good. Amazing crab cake for the appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must when youJayJDined on 12/31/2013Definitely a must when you are downtown hattiesburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCindyLouDined on 9/14/2013I recommend this place to everyone. This was my first fine dining experience and it will not be my last. I took my boyfriend here for his 30th birthday and he absolutely enjoyed it. The atmosphere was perfect and the host was very welcoming. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and recommended perfect foods for us for the night. We had the shrimp and grits for an appetizer, lasagna and creole pasta for the entrees' and the white chocolate bread pudding for desert! Oh my goodness the shrimp and grits were fantastic and seasoned just right. The entrees were ideal, the lasagna had a great flavor and my boyfriend enjoyed his pasta. Saving the best for last, the Bread pudding was the big wow factor there are no words to explain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice timepdkeane0822Dined on 8/22/2013It was the perfect place to have an anniversary dinner. Nice setting and environment, with the option to go out to the courtyard and enjoy the jazz and drinks.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWeddedBlissDined on 8/21/2013We celebrated our 14th year of marriage that day. Our visit to Walnut Circle was the most appropriate cap on an exceptional day. We plan to go back and to bring friends and family next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemNewLocalDined on 8/20/2013The service was excellent, restaurant was beautiful, and the food was great. I would say that it is the best fine dinning experience In Hattiesburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a winnerFatSandwichDined on 8/16/2013Great place for casual drinks or a special dinner. Seafood is great, ribeye needs work. The only thing I would change is a better ribeye. The cut was too thin, they need to offer a thick cowboy cut or even a tomahawk. Can't find a good steak in this town - adding a signature piece of beef would turn this place into a destination restaurant. Overall though this place is great! I look forward to going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walnut's got it going!notahappydinerDined on 8/16/2013Great food. The steak was wonderful! Service was great. Waiter was friendly and knew his stuff. This was a special occasion for u. My wife and I went there to celebrate being married 33 years. We were not disappointed! We will be back for 34.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013Requested time of reservation was met with a table prepared and waiting for our seating. Food selection was very good, evening special was outstanding. Food server was very accommodating, stating menu was only a recommendation but each item could be tailored to request. Food server was very knowledgeable of the menu and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bright spot in Hattiesburg.glory7Dined on 5/10/2013We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner with Walnut Circle and are appreciative that we used Open Table to make our reservations. This restaurant maintains a certain level of excellence in a town not known for high end dinner experiences. The service was warm and friendly and not overbearing. The food was prepared to our liking and was fresh and tasty. This was a big night for the restaurant as Southern Miss was having its' graduation ceremonies that day and Walnut Circle was in high gear to accommodate the large groups. They handled everything with professionalism and a smile. Well done. For those desiring to have a nice evening with your date/wife, you cannot go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- The group that attended WalnutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013The group that attended Walnut Circle was the Secretaries from South Jones High School. It was Administrative Professional Day. The principals from our school treated us to lunch. We had a great time. The food was great. We will definately eat there again.Special Features:
- The food here was mediocre,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2013The food here was mediocre, at best. I got a salmon special which was very aggressively and unpleasantly spiced with clove and coriander, while my partner ordered a steak that was lacking in the most basic kiss of salt and pepper. Our side dishes were similarly unremarkable as we were served baby carrots which were unseasoned and virtually raw, and the mashed potatoes lacked the kind of richness a touch of cream and butter could have offered. The deserts on offer were also tired: we shared a chocolate ganache cake that was just OK, although it was probably the highlight of an unremarkable meal. For Hattiesburg, this is a beautiful space in a downtown area with a lot of potential; but our meal was just blah.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013The food was great and the service is even better.Special Features:
- Good, fancy restaurant. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Good, fancy restaurant. I would certainly try it. It could certainly use some areas of improvement.Special Features:
- Walnut Circle Grill is a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Walnut Circle Grill is a romantic restaurant with excellent food and staff! I always feel so special and pampered when we visit. I especially love the shrimp and grits, walnut salad, and steaks that are prepared to perfection. Overall, it's a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- The ambience at walnut circleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The ambience at walnut circle was elegant and warm with sophistication. In combination with the food, it was fantastic.Special Features:
- I ordered the lasagna butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I ordered the lasagna but had to send it back because it was cold in the center. Overall, the food was mediocre for the price paid. We were not very impressed. The table next to us also had a problem with their order.Special Features:
- 1st time in a while at an old favLove2findDined on 2/8/2013Was good but not great. I think we may have caught them on an "off night". Big crowd and bit of noise coming from the bar towards the end of our dining experience. My 8oz filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare but it was a bit tough, lukewarm and dry. Smoked duck for the appetizer was good and so was the wilted spinach salad. Wine list probably adequate but not what I was expecting. Service started out a little slow but was very good once we got started. We will go back to dine here again at some point in the future.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012Outstanding food, great selection to satify any taste, freindly knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012It was by far thebest dining experience that we have had. The food was excellant, the service was outstanding, and the atmosphere is out of this world. It was my wife's birthday and you went our of your way to have a candle lit cake for her. We are hooked and will make it a point to dine there for all our special occasions.Special Features:
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012I did not know of this restaurant until I googled it, but my wife and I went here for a nice romantic dinner. We had a great experience with the food and atmosphere. Our waitor Johnathon was the best waitor we have ever had! I have never had my cup refilled as many times as he did it (cup was never at the halfway point). Even one lady who was not our waitress filled up my glass! Waitor was very knowledgeable of menu and very courteous. Food was exceptional and on the table in less than 30 minutes. It was a little heavy on the pocketbook, but well worth it considering that is what we were shooting for.Special Features:
- Great for impressive firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Great for impressive first dates. Food was top notch as was the service. I highly recommend!!Special Features:
- My husband and I had our anniversarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012My husband and I had our anniversary dinner at Walnut Circle Grill and it was an excellent dining experience! We felt so pampered and the food was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Excellent food, friendly and efficient waitstaff, great atmosphere, i.e. open and airy in a rustic building. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant; greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2012Beautiful restaurant; great service. There were ten people in our party and some raved over their lunch (especially spinach and strawberry salad), while others were somewhat disappointed. Outstanding desserts! Definately worth the calories! Excellent lunch prices!Special Features:
- Good food but very small wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012Good food but very small wine list. Nice live musicSpecial Features:
- We had a family group forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012We had a family group for graduation celebration ~ couldn't have been nicer!
- Everything was perfect! IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012Everything was perfect! I had a group of 9 plus a baby. We were celebrating my son's graduation from USM. I was very impressed with the service and the food. I expected a major wait and was thrilled that we were seated as soon as everybody had arrived. The food was fabulous. I would definitely recommend the Walnut Circle Fir any occasion. Many thanks for making my son's graduation lunch with my family perfect!Special Features:
- Me and my girlfriend was thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Me and my girlfriend was thoroughly impressed by the food from the appetizers to the bread pudding desert. Our service was perfect and extremely helpful with our entrée choice!Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2011We very much enjoyed dining at Walnut Circle Grill and will dine there again in the future. This was your first experience at Walnut Circle grill and regret not having dine there in the past. Service was outstanding along with the food and service is a main part of dining out.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. OutdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Great atmosphere. Outdoor area is really nice and great for groups and socializing. The management changed the menu though, and it went from great to good. They really took a step back in our opinionSpecial Features: