1123 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutbrewery.com/
- Phone: (303) 447-1345
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am / Thursday - Saturday: 11am - 2am / Happy Hour, Monday - Friday: 3pm - 6pm & 10pm - Close / Happy Hour, Saturday & Sunday: 10pm - Close / Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Bill Cassel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Trivia 10pm Friday Night D.J. 11pm
- Public Transit: Boulder bus terminal is located two blocks east of the Walnut Brewery.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage directly across the street from the restaurant. Parking in the garage is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Meter street parking is also available. Free street parking after 7pm and also on Sunday all day.
A word from Walnut Brewery
Boulder’s Original Brewpub offers seasonal and traditional options for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch alongside award-winning beer brewed on-site. Located a block off Boulder’s historic Pearl Street mall, the Walnut Brewery offers locals and visitors a casual alternative for dining. Ask for a brewery tour, beer sampler, patio seat, or head straight to a table in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Favorite place in BoulderSpunkygirlVIPDined on 11/14/2014Okay, Boulder has some great restaurants but there is no better brew pub or neighborhood restaurant than Walnut Brewery...hands down. The beer is the best in Boulder and perhaps anywhere I've tried and the food is decent. They actually train their front of house staff and servers which is refreshing as so many establishments throw the staff on the front line and hope for the best. If you ask for a split plate, they actually bring you two plates and not just an extra fork and side plate. I love that WB caters to families but there are just as many tables full of age peers and folks just enjoying an evening out or a good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last choice AT BESTTheTrueTrueDined on 11/1/2014If you like sloppy, fatty frozen food that's been reheated, this is the place for you. Don't bother with the bison or beef burgers. They're frozen patties that are really rough and charred when reheated then freezing on the inside. The artichoke dip tasted spoiled. Really terrible customer service as well. College kids that havent had a single day of training. No refills, EVER on water. No picking up empty glasses. Blonde waitress dropped appetizer plates on table and made no eye contact with anyone at our table. Only made eye contact with her phone in the corner. Overpriced for an AWFUL eating experience. Oh yeah, tons of up charges.Special Features:
- disappointedcoloradomamaDined on 10/11/2014It had been years since I went to the Walnut, but the food was poor and the service was slow. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Good timesRckymnthighDined on 10/5/2014Great experience. Sunday during football season. Allowed us to watch the out if town games. Really good beer and enthusiastic waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like we remembered!!LittleMissMaddieDined on 10/4/2014Stopped by here before a CU Game. Chicken Nachos are to die for and Buffalo Gold is the best. Walnut Brewery is solid and always reliable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThursdayDined on 8/28/2014Not very good. A lot of beer choices but the food was cold and the service indifferent. Made me wish we had gone to the Rio.Special Features:
- Good Family DiningIronmateDined on 8/1/2014My family (me, husband, 2 kids under 10) enjoyed our recent dinner at Walnut Brewery. With my Open Table reservation, we were seated right away (7pm on a Friday). Our server was friendly, had some helpful recommendations, and ensured our order was taken promptly. I really enjoyed the beer flight and my Bourbonzola burger was fantastic. The pizzas were good too. There were several larger groups dining at the same time we were there (crowded due to Ironman triathlon weekend in Boulder), but service was what I would consider normal and I did not notice any delay in food arriving to not only our table, but others as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for families and to those looking for a variety of good, local brews.Special Features:
- disappointedcleoDined on 7/31/2014The food was mediocre, at best, especially for the price. Several menu items we enjoyed before were not on the menu.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Walnut Brewery reviews archive.
- Good food, too noisyartgeckoDined on 7/20/2014The food and service was good and the staff friendly. We wanted to visit with friends and found this very difficult because the music, during the lunch hour, was much too noisy (even when we moved locations). would not go back again because of the noise (music).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Serviceable Gastropub cuisine, I like the nachos. Above average beers. 30+ visits, this is about as good as it gets. Also like Ft. Collins breweries and Lafayette's "The Post".
- no longer goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We were not happy. They were playing really loud obnoxious music and the food was bad. My husband's food was so salty he good barely eat it. We used to really like this restaurant. We're not planning on going back. It was fairly empty on a Saturday night so most people must have already figured this out.
- Very Good SaladsFoodieFanVIPDined on 4/23/2014I have ordered the cobb salad here many times and always enjoy it. They also have a great selection of beers. Our server was good-natured and attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Boulder PubLaurieSDined on 3/11/2014Walnut was noisy but not distracting the food was good and pricing in line with expectationsSpecial Features:
- The food and beverages haveGourmetGalDined on 3/8/2014The food and beverages have been consistently good. This time, though, the service was outstanding. The server appeared at just the right time and was very pleasant and helpful. Had not been to WB in years but will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and beer...FoodieFanVIPDined on 3/4/2014We have dined at Walnut Brewery many times and it is consistently very good. This past time was very enjoyable- we enjoyed a variety of foods and the service was excellent. They also have a great selection of beers. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Better thanDanoVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great service. Better than average food. Beer good. Nice atmosphere. Check it out. Worth trying if you haven't.Special Features:
- Consistently goodGrandma48VIPDined on 2/20/2014Walnut Brewery is a good place for a quick bite or brew. Happy Hour prices are great. Carrot cake is to die for!Special Features:
- greathelpDined on 2/14/2014Hope you can fix my mistake-previous review was meant for Cheesecake Factory, we didn't have a reservation!!! The Walnut Brewerey was great, typical good, personal Boulder service, suggestions as to menu items, good service, etc. Sorry if they get the review for the Cheesecake Factory.Special Features:
- The food was really good.GreatEats1200Dined on 2/13/2014The food was really good. Ordered the pulled pork sandwiches quickly feel in love. The other person I was with ordered the Santa Fe salad also delicious. The brownie was a great ending to the lunch. The service however was poor we had to wave multiple times at our waiter to get refills and to order dessert and to get our check. Our server didn't ask if we wanted to order until 20 minutes after being seated and then never asked how our food was after we got our food. Thank god the food was so good it made of for the awfulness of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsJjxjcjysntnzkgjDined on 1/25/2014Making reservations online was really convenient but having to call you back to confirm my reservation was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014I'm not sure how you get to a 4 or 5 star review for this restaurant unless you are there to drink beer. We went there to eat with my son at CU based on the greater than 4 star review average; and average is what the food is. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I had the fish and chips, which again, was okay. My wife had the enchiladas, which were a very small portion, even for her. My son had wings, which looked like they were cooked and then had the sauce poured on to drown them. I like a lot of sauce, my son doesn't, they should be tossed and then plated so they weren't swimming in a 1/4 inch of sauce. All in all, go here to drink, not eat, unless you need some bar food with your beer.
- New Year's EvesuzieDined on 12/31/2013The food, table location and service were really great and fun. Recommend for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandwich orders left wantingluv2dineDined on 12/20/2013Recommend with reservations. All sandwich orders were just so-so, and fries were only warm. The pasta dish was the best order placed-no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for indoor tailgate!dagunk1787Dined on 11/23/2013We went to WB for the CU game when the temp was going to be in the 20's. We had a large group and the service was great. We were pleasantly surprised to find happy hour prices on drinks and food on a Saturday to boot.Special Features:
- Great food and beerBigJimGunbarrelDined on 11/15/2013Reservations for seven worked extremely well. Buffalo faitas were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food, but ourHappyDCDinerVIPDined on 11/10/2013We enjoyed the food, but our server was not very attentive. Good for a Broncos game with a great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers. Food consistentlyGrandma48VIPDined on 11/2/2013Great beers. Food consistently good ( though not gourmet). Wifi availability is a plus!Special Features:
- A variety of food among theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2013A variety of food among the 6 of us. Overall good, not exceptional. Our server, Kristen, made the day, with excellent service and a friendly smile.Special Features:
- Great Place to Take Out-of-TownersDougDined on 10/18/2013Took the in-laws here on a Friday night. Good food and good beer - everything you would expect from a micro brew place. A little crowded around dinner time, so make a reservation if you can. We did and walked right in.Special Features:
- Hopping placeFarmerJerDined on 10/10/2013Great food and beer with noisy fun. Will be looking forward to next visit. I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walnut Brewery is greatjustmeDined on 10/3/2013We dine at Walnut Brewery often. The menu has a ton of offerings for everyone. The food is consistently good, and the service is awesome. We don't always order from the dinner menu, but from the appetizer menu. We order a bunch of different ones and each is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGVAGlenviewDined on 9/27/2013As expected, they had a great selection of beers and the food was pretty good as well. I wouldn't necessarily send recommend Walnut just for the food but with a great beer selection, an energetic/fun environment and outstanding wait staff service, I do recommend this place. A shout out to our server Tony who provided outstanding service and had a great/fun attitude that added to our enjoyment for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every way!KinConiferDined on 9/26/2013Awesome food. Employees were the best. A little loud, but a great place to watch a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Must-GoFrontrangeFoodieDined on 9/6/2013Our server was efficient and attentive. That's the best thing I can say about the Walnut. The ales were uninspiring; the mess on the floor around our table was unapplealing and smelly; and overall, the food was poor. We sampled some pub grub as well as salads. One bright spot, though this rating is relative, was the artichoke dip. Everything else was not worth the time, money, or calories. Sorry Walnut. We wanted to like you.
- Not worth your moneykoalaVIPDined on 7/28/2013I hadn't been here in 20yrs, but we went here as someone in our party preferred pubs, and I remembered it being pretty good. They mentioned that they had gone their once before but left without ordering due to slow service, but we thought we'd give it another chance. Unfortunately what I encountered was a couple young girls (hostess and waitress) with attitude and little desire to be helpful. I literally got a scoff from the waitress when I asked if they had a gluten free menu or could guide me on which items would be gluten free. They must be the last restaurant in Boulder and the Denver Metro who doesn't accommodate this kind of request. Ultimately our table felt the food was fine, but no one was overly excited. Won't be going back.
- Great menu~JRfromMNDined on 7/20/2013Great brew pub with a nice selection of food. We tried the Buffalo tacos and the Smoked Salmon Fish & Chips and they were both wonderful. This was a great spot for a family with young kids as well - enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned after a long absenceReturingSoonDined on 7/10/2013It has been several years since we have eaten at the Walnut Brewery. When my husband recommending inviting our neighbors out to dinner we thought this would be a great change. Even on a Wednesday night the place was full but not overcrowded. The beers were great and the food a real treat. You would think a hamburger is just a hamburger but not at the Walnut Brewery, they still remember how to do it up right. I made my meal out of the appetizers, enjoying the Tuna that tasted as fresh as if I was on the Florida coast and the spinach/jalapeno cheese dip (yummmmmmmy). The server gave us just the right amount of attention. We won't stay away so long next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeGinaDined on 5/27/2013I loved the beers and food! We were just visiting Boulder and were told to head here. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot to have fun with friendspblesfDined on 5/24/2013Good variety of beers and other drinks, as well as a different approach to american food. Service was friendly, and the food came incredibly fast. It's a little bit on the pricey side, but I'll definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013I should have done more research to have known that this is essentially just a Rock Bottom. While that is just fine, I wanted something local and fun. It is definitely a chain restaurant.