Wall & Water
75 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wall & Water
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wallandwaterny.com/
- Phone: 2126991700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, 6:30am - 10:30am, M - F.
Lunch, 11:30am - 2:00pm M - F.
Brunch, 7am - 2:00pm, Sa, Su.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victor Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Andaz Wall Street offers nearly 14,000 square feet of modern, versatile Manhattan style private dining & event space.
There’s also a lounge and an innovative communal kitchen/dining area where your guests dine at a chef’s table.
- Special Events: Join Wall & Water and bar Se7en 5ive for the opening of our terrace this spring/summer. Enjoy the beautiful weather while sipping hand crafted cocktails and noshing on fresh, local cuisine.
A word from Wall & Water
Wall & Water at Andaz Wall Street brings uncomplicated, unpretentious and stylish drinking & dining to New York’s financial district. Our Lower Manhattan restaurant features market-to-table comfort food, sourced from local Hudson Valley farms and markets, in a simple and elegant setting. The seasonal menus at our downtown New York restaurant use locally produced fresh ingredients and emphasize traditional cooking methods, simple presentation and exceptional flavors. The chefs at our downtown NYC restaurant have reinvented classic dishes while maintaining the use of traditional cooking methods such as smoked meats and homemade chutneys, as well as simple baked goods and mouth-watering rustic breads. Dishes are served on small plates, family style and a la carte. Wall & Water is open daily for breakfast and lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wall & Water reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Had to remind wait staff twice for coffee. Steel cut oatmeal was mushy, belying its description on the menu as being steel cut. Bacon for eggs came late. Cart used to replenish the buffet table was ungodly loud as it was rolled over the tile flooring thereby shattering whatever ambience had existed prior. Is that noise level unnoticed by the staff? Smoothie was good.
- No more coffee please!DrDreEatsDined on 8/13/2014Stayed at the Andaz and met colleagues for breakfast one morning. Waitress was at the table every couple of minutes wanting us to order, refilling our coffees constantly without asking (thus disrupting the delicate balance of milk and in some cases sugar), or checking if I signed the bill that was left on the table way too early. Some would say this is attentive service. I would say it felt like we were being rushed despite many tables being available if needed. This may have been a new employee and others have had a better experience. For me the experience is much better if the waitstaff is attentive and allows you set the pace.
- good for client lunchdiner130104VIPDined on 8/7/2014good place to bring your client for lunch. problem: if you were not looking for it, you would never find it. really really good tofu dish - very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Beautiful SpreadJJPIRDined on 7/5/2014Buffet that included raw seafood (oysters, shrimp, smoked salmon), plus choice of entrée, plus 1 bloody mary or mimosa. Very nice.Special Features:
- We'll be backxsmp21Dined on 6/26/2014Wall & Water was great for the lunch we were hosting. The restaurant is modern and very beautiful. The food was delicious - we have 5 people with different meals, and there were no complaints. We also enjoyed 2 desserts. The location is ideal in the FiDi, and the price is reasonable for an upscale business lunch.Special Features:
- Breakfast Meeting2754ccmeDined on 6/10/2014Perfect place for a working breakfast/business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseFoodhunterVIPDined on 5/25/2014A great option for brunch in the financial district, especially for brunch in the weekends.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Visited for brunch based on an online recommendation. The atmosphere was great - quiet on a Sunday morning. Good value for your money. Went with the downtown brunch option and had an entree, options from the buffet, a mimosa and a tea all for under $30. Would definitely suggest this place to others.Special Features:
- BrunchJust1203Dined on 5/17/2014Had the brunch, $28 for buffet with a main and either a Bloody Mary or a mimosa. The buffet consisted of some prawns, smoked salmon, bagels and chose of leftover breakfast pastries. Whilst they had capers for the salmon, there was no sauce for the prawns. A half-hearted selection, not even some salad. The Bloody Mary was just awful! How can you get vodka with tomato juice, horseradish & Worcestershire sauce so wrong! Mimosas were good. The mains (skirt steak with steaks) were ok. Just ok. Good job we were not really hungry. Staff were very pleasant. A miss I think!Special Features:
- Best in NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014Although far from midtown, Wall & Water is worth the commute. The service is second to none, the hostess remembers your name (it had been at least 9 months since my previous visit) and the breakfast is great. The staff is so attentive that we never had to ask for water and coffee refills and the coffee was actually hot. While the menu may seem like the usual breakfast fare, it has little surprises like Eggs Benedict being served on a Portuguese roll rather than an English muffin. More restaurants should learn hospitality from this staff. I recommend Wall & Water without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 402 reviews are from the Wall & Water reviews archive.
- A gem near Wall StreetWestchesterfoodieDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant is wonderful for lunches and breakfast near the financial district in NY. I have eaten there several times and I have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2014This was my first time at W&W as needed a spot to have a business lunch in the Wall Street area. I was beyond pleasantly surprised. I had their green salad and added salmon - The salmon was perfectly cooked. My colleagues had the tofu platter and pulled pork sandwich. Everyone cleaned their plate. Our waiter was awesome. Highly recommend and psyched to now have a goto restaurant if in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meeting plaecOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014There are limited places to have a good lunch where you can sit in a professional surrounding and actually hear the other person in downtown NYC. this is one of them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2014I thought the food was good, but the portions are very small. The men with me were not happy with the size of the steak. Service was also very slow. Cookies on the way out are not worth the calories.
- Quiet, spacious - this is New York?scotchontherocksVIPDined on 2/20/2014My colleague took me out for my birthday. This was basically the closest restaurant to the office on Open Table. Quite a find. Pretty typical for a NY restaurant lunch menu, but spacious and calm. We enjoyed a great meal and a better conversation.Special Features:
- The service was poor and ourBT123Dined on 2/19/2014The service was poor and our food was overpriced and extremely average.
- I think the waiter forgotKateDined on 1/15/2014I think the waiter forgot about us several times. Took forever to place our order then no follow-up.. Ordered coffee and was given it without a spoon. had to wait another 5 minutes to find the waiter to ask for one.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for brunch in FiDiLaineySDined on 1/4/2014This is a hotel restaurant so the atmosphere is reflective of the location, not a place to dress up for, a lot of guests are dressed for a day of sightseeing. The brunch menu includes all you can eat buffet (with raw oysters, shrimp and salmon, delicious pastries and fruit), a main course (the selection is quite generous), a soft drink and a brunch cocktail. A great value for the money considering FiDi prices. The food was good and definitely a lot of it. The service was friendly and obliging but overall not impressive. The restaurant is a bit too dark on a bright day. Overall, not a place for a special occasion but a good option to fall back to if you have no other plans.Special Features:
- christmas dinner outluv2eatoutDined on 12/25/2013Wall & Water is the perfect place to spend a special Christmas dinner out with the family. The food was delicious, & the many different choices of food in the buffet were fabulous. The wide selection of vegetables was one thing our family really enjoyed. The pumpkin wedges, mashed potatoes, & salmon were just a few of the things that were favorites of my family. There wasn't one food on the buffet line that we didn't enjoy! We'd like to make it a tradition to dine here when we are in NYC for Christmas. Also the price was one of the best for Christmas dinner that we found! That, along with the fabulous food selection was what we were looking for when we chose Wall& Water for our special Christmas dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewUrban0travelerDined on 12/18/2013Beautiful space, nice ambience. The hostess and waiter were very courteous. Members of our party of four (business group) did not arrive all at the same time, but early arrivals were able to sit anyway, which was great. Although a rather attentive waiter, it took a long time to order. Once the food was served, two peoples' dishes were not exactly what had been specified to the waiter; and another's was missing an ingredient stated on the menu. We did not make much fuss. It seemed there was a communication breakdown either between the waiter and kitchen staff, or kitchen staff just made whatever they wanted regardless of specifications or menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible business lunch spotALMNYVIPDined on 12/17/2013The booth seats at this place put you in a full recline while you wait (a long time) for your food. When the food does come it will be bland (the soup) and soupy (the fish). Not cheap eats in a nice looking restaurant but definitely a bit rough around the edges - probably won't go back for a while.
- Work LunchHelenaDined on 12/11/2013Took some clients - good place for a quiet, uninterrupted discussion with a broad enough menu to suit all tastes.Special Features:
- Nice place in the Financial !FloreVIPDined on 12/11/2013Very cozy atmosphere, the food was great the service as well and not that expensive !Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Brunch was SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/28/2013Took my family there for thanksgiving it was better than we expected. Huge variety of food..Great choices ----Desert was also spectacular with an abundance of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch Financial DistrictBenzDined on 11/20/2013Great place for Business lunch small vBulletin or large. Innovative menu keeps it current. Atmosphere makes conversation easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on Wall Street (and Water)...todie4VIPDined on 11/18/2013This place in the Andaz Hotel is just perfect; great food (simple, perfectly executed), wonderfull ambiance, very good serice...has become my "go to" place downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienced Chef needed for W&WOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2013lately, i am not as happy with the chefs at Wall and Water. Let's hope things improve. Let's get an experienced Chef back in the kitchen, some of us can tell the difference. I had introduced many people from my office to W&W and they are also complaining to me that they have noticed a difference in the preparation and execution of some of their favorite dishes.Special Features:
- Great experienceGinaDined on 11/12/2013The food was excellent with solid service. Try the pasta bolognese.Special Features:
- A Great Find near Wall StreetHowardDined on 11/3/2013This wonderful gem was wonderful for brunch with ample selections from the buffet or from the a la Carte menu. Our server was efficient, prompt and was able to cater to our needs. One of our guests had challenges walking, so restaurant provided elevator as a welcome relief. Our brunch was casual, ample and very comfortable. Sunday moring or early afternoon appears to be an odd time which worked to our advantage. Restaurant was sparkling, bright and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down..dreamgirl69Dined on 10/18/2013This place could be a city hot spot but you have to find it first!! They need a new wait staff!! our waitress was gone for so long at one point that my group almost walked out with paying!!! NO one was on the floor for about 20 minutes then finally a waiter came out from the back... Food was your typical American/no flavor food, the drinks were ok, the only thing working at this place was the DJ downstairs in the empty lounge and the beautiful deco. could be so much more to bad there is no management of this Wall Street stop.
- Ok Hotel Foodbklyn4Dined on 10/18/2013This place was billed as "farm to table," and was priced accordingly, but it was really just sort of ordinary food you'd expect at a hotel restaurant. Many diners had bags that they put on the banquettes, making me nervously speculate where the bags had been set down recently (subway? LGA men's room?)
- Perfect Business LunchFALGDined on 10/2/2013Excellent seafood and perfect ambiance for a business lunch; i would also recommend for a special occasion or larger groupSpecial Features:
- bring your expense accountOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2013This is probably Downtown's best restaurant. Locally sourced ingredients, intriguing salads, large portions. Delicious. Wear a suit and you will fit in just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceGuacamoleDined on 8/31/2013Do not judge this place by the relatively small menu. The dishes we tried were all outstanding in their taste and presentation. The service is just professional as it is extremely focused on customers' specific needs. They do not just serve, they really make the overall dining experience pleasant with their manners, attention and sometimes creativity meant to unexpectedly please the customers. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a special nightAimzaVIPDined on 8/30/2013The food here is a bit pricey so I only went for a special occasion. The charcuterrie (sp?) platter was huge and delish. I have no idea how much it cost but I think they gave it to us for 5 people instead of a smaller plate which would have been more useful as it was an app. We took it home, so it was fine but it sure was a lot of food! Steak was good, not awesome. Spinach was okay, Potatoes were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic yet unstuffyAlexVIPDined on 8/30/2013This is a favorite business lunch spot, but not because it is corporate or boring. The food is perfectly executed, the wine list is long and decently priced, and the decor is clean lined but comfortable. I've been back a few times and have never had a bad experience (even the time we did restaurant week, which can be a gamble at any establishment).Special Features:
- great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2013this is a great quaint place for business lunches!!Special Features:
- Good business lunch spotScentristDined on 8/21/2013This is a little hidden gem for setting up business lunches in the Wall Street area. Noise level is low enough to facilitate discussion, service is not constantly intrusive, food is outstanding though portions could be a bit more well-rounded --was perfect for me at lunch, other diners might feel it slightly small. Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentDrFoxDined on 8/8/2013The food is very good. Havent been here in awhile but everything is still excellent: service, food, ambience.Special Features:
- Best burger in Financial DistrictDCAMichaelVIPDined on 8/2/2013Stayed at the Andaz and kept coming back to get the burger! Excellent attentive service too -I would recommend this to a friend.