Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga
#1 - 2575 Dundas St W.
Mississauga, ON L5K 2M6Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walkersfishmarket.ca/mississauga/South_Mississauga.php
- Phone: 9056073474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Middlemost
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga
Seafood Restaurant. Great Fresh Fish, Choose your Catch!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationfishloverDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service. Accommodated a special request.Special Features:
- Oysters- fabulous!Jaleung09Dined on 9/20/2014Fabulous oysters! quiet setting! Amazing service! would be nice to have two waitresses or more to be visible in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit experiencemickieDined on 9/19/2014Wanted to try this restaurant for a long time . . . to start we ordered the daily special soup and a caesar salad. The crab soup was a disappointment. It tasted like chicken stock with added crab meat and luke warm. Caesar salad was good. Entrees ordered: seafood trio, snapper and shrimp tacos. All were satisfying. Shrimp in tacos were probably fried and tasty. Salmon in trio was delicious.
- Dads Birthdayfit2btyedDined on 9/16/2014Its been two weeks since we were there ,,but here goes.First off..most impressed we received a room to ourselves for eight of us! We were celebrating dads 86th birthday ..and my sister is confined to a wheelchair..so the chef said we could gladly have the oyster Happy Hour feature in the private room..we were very grateful as they have stairs leading down to the bar area where it is featured. Secondly ..the owner came by and turned the air-conditioning down for us..as it was warm out and inside. Our server..what a nice man..always bobbing in and out..topping up our wines and my beer..by the way..Walkers in house draft...great choice. We all enjoyed our oysters and our dinners..and wine.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come againSatisfiedDined on 9/12/2014This is my third visit to Walker's Fish Market. I have entertained business associates here and my wife and I have had dinner here. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to any of my friends. The portions are generous, the service is attentive without being smothering. The food is varied and always well prepared. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner For 6insideoutDined on 8/28/2014All I can say is the outstanding level of food and service has me in awe.It was my wifes birthday, and six of our family dined well. Jack our server actually came out with a cake and candle and sang Happy birthday for my wife! Not only that the food was excellent, the wine and atmosphere made us feel welcomed. I definitely will be returning!! Strongly recommend those crab cakes and dynamite shrimp.Special Features:
- Horrible and boring.chinese2ambitiousDined on 8/22/2014They lost our reservation but seated us anyway. We ordered our food but it took 20 minutes just for our oysters to come out. When they did, they had been done by "someone in the kitchen" instead of the usual bartender / shucker because they were "so busy" (only 2 other tables seated in our area). Not one oyster had been properly cleaned or shucked. They looked like they had been chewed and spack back out, with little bits of shell in them (suggests they aren't very fresh). The waitress was mortified and had the manager discount the oysters for us. Caesar salad had way too much dressing on it, even for a dressing lover like me. The lobster mac and cheese is actually not bad. My server however was very apologetic and friendly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I was sorry to learn the Walkers Fish Market in Burlington closed, so we took a trip to Mississauga for my boyfriend's birthday. I made the reservation online, and was unfortunately disappointed. The waiter didn't write down our orders; had to come back to confirm my boyfriend's selection, and then brought mine out as the wrong dish. I made the waiter aware, but didn't want to send it back, as it would mean waiting another 20-30 minutes, while watching my boyfriend eat. The waiter was also sweating profusely, which was a big turnoff. It's unfortunate as we were both looking forward to a nice evening out, and in the restaurant business it's very competitive, so to obtain this level of service/quality was a real bummer.
- Night out for fishTim2puttDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant was very nicely decorated and very tasteful. The food was good, but not very special. Good for the price. Drinks were expensive. Waiter was rushing us too much, considering there were only five tables occupied and three waiters. With better service this place should be busy.Special Features:
- Good food - Great Valuein2livingDined on 8/7/2014Coming in from Scarborough and my friends coming from Niagara, we selected a half way point to meet. We spent a couple of hours on the patio during "happy hour" the drinks and appetizers were excellent and we loved the discounted menu. A couple of glasses of wine and several appetizers in which we shared totally filled us up without breaking the bank. A perfect place to meet and catch up. With plenty of parking and easy to get to we will definintely be back again!Special Features:
- Underwhelming Fooddjc02Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is under new management and they are still in trouble. It was really quiet for a Saturday evening. The service was great. Really friendly staff and the meal came out super quick. The food however....while edible...was very disappointing...and not worth the cost. I certainly wouldn't go back again.
- Lovely dinner with friendsCaChDined on 7/26/2014We were, admittedly, dining a bit early on a nice summer Saturday evening when people may have been vacationing or staying outdoors as long as possible. However, given the high quality of the food and service it surprised us that they weren't busier. The location may be a factor; it is in the midst of a 'Home and Design' center and all the shops were already closed. My husband and I had their (excellent) seafood chowder and rainbow trout, and the other couple had salad and Arctic char. All were absolutely delicious. Our server was extremely attentive and affable. We split a 'frozen key lime pie' and regretted we hadn't gotten one each. All in all a great experience and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & fresh seafood!1FoodieFanaticDined on 7/25/2014Walker's Fish market has beautiful decor and comfortable seating. Variety of options on menu even for those that do not prefer fish/seafood. Fresh fish and seafood prepared in various ways. Quite a variety on kid's menu. Desserts are made in house and Delicious! Great prices and delicious food with top notch and accommodating service make it perfect location for all! Overall a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The server recommended one of the specials and which sides were suggested for the entree. The food was fabulous. The service was impeccable. THey were out of bread pudding for dessert but we were definitely satisfied with the apple blossom and ice cream. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Struggling to stay open?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Ordered drinks and an app platter. Decided to share a main b/c we were full from app so we ordered bronzed catfish. Our server repeats what we want and leaves to order. After 15 minutes our dish comes out but the fish is brought grilled. So we correct our server and say this is not what we ordered. To which she says "Oh, I understood you wanted grilled." Our dish goes back to the kitchen. She returns less than 5 minutes later with our "corrected" dish. This consists of the same piece of grilled fish topped with half a cup of what looks like canned salsa and the sides changed to what they should be. We send it away, appalled & ask for the bill. She charged us for the main! We refuse and she adjusts the bill. The place was empty for a reason.
- birthday dinnerRosepetalDined on 6/7/2014The whole experience was great. Our waitress, Kayla, was wonderful, funny and her suggestions from the menu were perfect. Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Walkers Fish Market - Mississauga reviews archive.
- Make sure they aren't doing buffetKatieDined on 5/11/2014I went on a friend's recommendation who told me about the lobster. It was a 3:30 reservation for Mother's Day. When I got there they proceeded to tell me that they were serving buffet until 5 that day. I was extremely disappointed but where are you going to go last minute on Mother's Day so we stayed. There wasn't enough selection (especially of hot food) to make it worth our while. If we went to the Mandarin we would have been better served. I went there with the intention of ordering from the menu and not buffet.
- Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Six of us dined at the facility and the service and food were very good. The menu had a good variety of options and two of our party had specific requests re degree of preparation which were accommodatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited availability of menu itemsPaquierVIPDined on 5/3/2014One requested beverage and two food items on the menu were not available. The mussels were described as not fresh enough to serve. I commend the waiter for saying so but was disappointed with the restaurant.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I definitely will be coming here again. Food is absolutely amazing. Please send my compliments to the chef and kitchen staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, but only fair foodJavance1Dined on 4/26/2014Walker's has a nice ambiance, and is well decorated inside. Service was good. Bar was good. Wine list pretty good. But regrettably, food was only fair. Portions were small, sauces were only so-so, vegetables were limited-choice and rather dry. Clam chowder soup was thin and watery. Soup plate was unusual, and unfortunately, inconvenient for both patron and server. Presentation was OK, but not great. Relatively expensive for what you got. Wish I could give a better review, as the restaurant has a nice tone and good service, but food only so-so.
- Not worth the tripDonotgoDined on 4/18/2014The fish was soggy, oil definitely not hot enough when cooked. Fries were too thick and undercooked. Tarter sauce was over powered with dill.
- Nice restaurant, food wasdannyDined on 4/12/2014Nice restaurant, food was ok; the oysters are a little small… they should add some fresh tuna to the menuI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday celebrationBirthdayDinnerDined on 3/30/2014My family took my mom here for her 75th birthday. There were three kids under the age of 10 and 5 adults. There was lots of variety on the menu and found enough options for everyone, including the kids, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Our waitress was really nice and friendly. We went on a Sunday so we got the kids meals for free and because there was at least 4 adults my mom's entree was free too, so it was a good way to have some savings for a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was overheated.katbenDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant was overheated. Food was lukewarm at best. Clam chowder had a slightly vinegary taste, though did have plenty of clams and chunky potatoes. Fish and chips portions are absolutely gigantic - easy could be shared between two people. Server was skilled at upselling. Wines were pricey. Can get better food for less money elsewhere.
- Quick Service and Delicious Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I came here with my boyfriend on a Friday night, around 8pm. There was no wait to be seated and the service was fast. The food was absolutely delicious! I got the fisherman's trio and I especially loved the battered fish and the dynamite shrimp. The sangria I got to drink was also delicious! I'd definitely recommend this place for a date night and we will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MealMannyDined on 3/7/2014Haven't had a bad meal like this in quite some time...
- The expanded menu is goodLornaKDined on 2/23/2014The expanded menu is good as we can bring non-fishy folks to the restaurant. The waitress we had on our last visit was very nice and bubbly. The Sunday no corkage fee was good news, we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut very good, but . . .GeorgeDined on 2/17/2014The halibut and chips that we ordered was very good. However, the two pieces were too much for the average appetite. It would be very helpful if the basic order was for one halibut (at a reduced price) and the existing two halibut dinner at the current price. As it was, all three of us ordered halibut and chips and all three of us had to ask for take home containers. Also, the lava dessert was excellent for two; too much for one. Very nice decor and excellent service. George O.Special Features:
- Great ambiance! Love the decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2014Great ambiance! Love the decor. It really screams that it's a seafood restaurant. Staffs are very friendly and accommodating. Food selection is good. Their prices are ok (affordable) but their serving portions are pretty small so I would think that it's overpriced. Sadly, they ran out of lobster, which is kinda big deal for us as to think that it's a seafood restaurant. But overall, dining experience is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!!RandyVDined on 2/2/2014My wife and I had an enjoyable meal including the oysters to start. The gumbo was amazing!! Definitely will go again just not to often as it was a little pricey. Outside of that everything was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriends out for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013Girlfriends out for dinner and catching up, our server was great - didn't push or rush us to order. It was a weekday evening 1 wk prior to Christmas, not sure this was normal practice or only because it wasn't busy that night, but it was appreciated. We had the Lobster Chopped salad and Lobster Mac + cheese. They had no problem accommodating my food allergy. My only complaint would be everything was a little too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood Lovers....Of CourseTiandreDined on 11/9/2013The seafood is tops and quite filling. If there is someone in your party who is not a seafood lover, they do have burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013Lovely meal, great service, an enjoyable evening. We will return with our dinner club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was adequate butEatsDined on 11/9/2013The food was adequate but the wine list was weak and the price of alcohol very expensive. This applies to both wine and beer.Special Features:
- Great FoodJackieDined on 11/2/2013The food was great. Temperature, flavour and presentation. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAshyDined on 10/23/2013Incredible sea food and we are not really sea food eaters!! Loved it! The staff are excellent and even gave my wife her entree for free since it was her birthday (we had a coupon but did not fit the criteria of having 4 people with us)! Ambience is great as well. Highly reccomend and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wed wine and date nightBradRapidsDined on 10/23/2013We just happened in on we'd wine and date night. Excellent special's and discount on wine. Great value for your money and service was great too. The crab bucket, berkshine pork and fish n' chips were all a hit,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFoodieDined on 10/10/2013My coworkers attended this restaurarnt and we decided to check it out ourselves. We were both really impressed. The food tasted wonderful and the presentation was really nice. Our only complaint was the service. Our waitress was not good. We ordered wine and a beer along with calamari as an appetizer. She brought our appetizer without any beverages. No water, no drinks. Midway into our calamari, we asked for some water, which we had to waive her down for. She brought our drinks after our calamari was done. We asked for additional lemon, which we never recieved. We ate our main course without her even coming by to check with us. Our reservations were made for Thursday evening at 7PM and the restaurant was not busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.