Walker's Dam Grill
1428 Outpost Road
Lanexa, VA 23089Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Walker's Dam Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rockahock.com/HiddenPages/WalkersDAMGrill.aspx
- Phone: 8049668333
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday& Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Walker's Dam Grill
We are a small, Italian Fine dining restaurant. Reservations are recommended. We only accept cash or checks. Entrée price range $13.95 - $25.95.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walker's Dam Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)scenic view (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FABULOUS ITALIAN FOOD!FoodieintheBurgVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our first time here and will not be our last. Yes, it is tucked away in a campground on a lake - kind of hidden from the world. The food is AMAZING! Great Italian cuisine made with care - delicious - haven't had food this well made since I was actually in Italy at a 5-star restaurant. This place deserves 5 stars across the board. Visitors to Williamsburg are missing a real treat here! Enjoy! Mangia!Special Features:
- Great food, great wine, great time!MagnoliaDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were so glad to hear the restaurant was back but were scared it might have changed the quality of its food over the past few months. We had no reason to worry. The appetizer was delicious and started the night off perfectly. The wine was full bodied and complimented Italian food of all kinds. The portion sizes were very generous and we had enough left over to eat well again the next day! I would recommend the now named Walker's Dam Grill to all who enjoy great Italian food and wine.Special Features:
- Great Italianschautzie1013Dined on 9/20/2014Was given the name of this restaurant with rave reviews from diners. They weren't kidding. It is the best Italian we have had in the area, and we have lived here for 13 years. Started with the Mussels Limone. Outstanding, the buttery, lemon wine sauce was over the top. My husband had the Rockfish, I ate the rest of it the next day. So much food, we took home the yummy Risotto too. I had the Flounder, also had mussels, and little neck clams enough for two people took that home as well. Loved this restaurant. We will be back! It is a drive but who cares when such good food is available. Can't wait to bring family here when we want to go out of the way for the best Italian food in the Williamsburg area.Special Features:
- Great FooddstanziDined on 9/14/2014If you are looking for a fancy place to eat; this is not it. But if good italian food is your objective, WDG is the place for you.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJBonesDined on 9/6/2014This was our fourth visit to Walkers Dam and the food is what brings us back. They have their wine and beer license renewed now so we enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Noir with our Lobster Ravioli and Rockfish specials. They also had their seafood soup which we have enjoyed on past visits and is an excellent first course. We enjoy the casual ambience of the place and, though it gets abit loud at times, you can tell that it is a dining room that attracts a satisfied crowd. We carried on a lively conversation with our waiter throughout the meal and enjoyed his comments about the food prep. Walkers Dam will be our "go to" restaurant when we have friends in from out of town and when we are in need of another great meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerJohnPDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is about a 25 minute drive west of Williamsburg and well worth the effort. It is located in a campground setting on a scenic river just off of Rt. 60. The "Special" that we had was a fabulous Italian dinner that consisted of an appetizer, salad, garlic knots and two entrees for a total of $25! I think that it is a Wednesday promotion. Even without the promotion the food is well worth the drive. The wine list was fine with the house selections being "Banfi" and were priced reasonably. The service was good and reservations are suggested as the place was packed. Be sure to check the operating hours and and keep in mind that they accept Cash and Checks only for paying the bill. AAA+++Special Features:
- Excellent FoodExcellentFoodDined on 7/12/2014Food is great. The design of the restaurant creates a frantic scene for the servers but that is overcome by the quality of the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodDeliciousDined on 7/9/2014Four of us went there for lunch. It was our first time. The Italian cooking was really outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always a Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Tried a coupe of new things this visit - the eggplant & ricotta appetizer and trietta carbonara. Both were excellent and more than you could eat. The appetizer in particular is sized for sharingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Best Italian food in Williamsburg/Hampton Roads. Don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Mrs.Live2eatwellalwaysDined on 6/26/2014Best Italian food ever! Definitely will be back. Everything was so good, and such a variety of dishes to choose from. Will be sure to bring our out of town guests to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Walker's Dam Grill reviews archive.
- A great boating destinationWToyDined on 6/4/2014An excellent destination by boat with ample docking available. The Wednesday night special is a very good deal and includes an excellent salad, numerous appetizer choices, and many main courses available for one low price. The food is very good with ample portions served by an excellent attentive staff. A bit out of the way but well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Even though the restaurant is a bit out of the way, it's a great place for a good meal. We were in Williamsburg and wanted to drive a bit from the city to find a good meal. We found it at Walker's Dam Grill. We had read about it online. When we arrived it was very busy inside and since it was a nice day in May, we asked if seating was outside. They said 'yes' and we were seated. It would have been great if the construction machines doing work on the dam were not sitting right in front of us. At the end it got a bit busy when a big group was seated at two or three tables. The food was great. we shared a delicious appetizer, a sort of cheese pizza with a salsa on top. I couldn't finish my salmon, but took it home to enjoy later.Special Features:
- Always excellentordinaryJoeDined on 5/10/2014As a frequent diner at Walkers Dam, the food is always excellent. On this trip we were seated in the new dining room. It is quite small and there was a large party at one table that was quite loud. Once they left, everything was fine. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to Satisfy!SsnsailorVIPDined on 5/10/2014Have dined here on many occasions. When first found it was the "best kept secret". Now the word is out. This gem of a dining location is unsurpassed in food and service. Portions are allways plentiful, more than enough for a next day or two meal. Italian food extraordinary. Always pleased with selections. The flavors in each dish leaves the diner wanting more. Not a Weight Watcher's dining place, too much temptation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret placeDealDined on 5/4/2014Love the restaurant. Off the beaten path but all who know it love it. Food and service excellent and a good value.Special Features:
- Jim's reviewnappyDined on 5/4/2014As always the food was outstanding I am hooked on the mussels and linguine with shrimp, clams and calamari we brought friends who are now a big fan My drive from Williamsburg is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualGCBCDined on 2/15/2014Overall this restaurant consistently delivers great food at an excellent value. The daily specials have never disappointed. Wine list is modest but has some good choices at reasonable prices. Service is also consistently good with friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, we had a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014As always, we had a very good meal for a great price. The service is nice & the location is low key.Special Features:
- Great Local Hideaway!JavaJenDined on 2/1/2014It's in the middle of nowhere at a campground, but the food is fantastic! You need a reservation on the weekend for sure. The portions are huge and the specials are usually inventive. Great to get wine by the carafe too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food at a goodPJFFDined on 12/22/2013Great Italian Food at a good price. Service was excellent served in a friendly atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a superb Italian restaurant!GHRGHRDined on 12/11/2013Truly a superb Italian restaurant! Fine food and service. Relatively small so a reservation is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseSteph0562Dined on 11/8/2013This place is out of the way, but so worth the venture! We decided to eat here on our way home from Richmond. Had no idea about the place and a great fine. As soon as we got there, I quickly realized we aren't the first to come upon a this jewel. It's on camping site. So many choices it was hard decide what to order. I order this dish with scallops and shrimp with lobster & crab ravioli. The portion so big I had leftover and the sauce and flavor was so tasty. I will go out of my way to go there again.Special Features:
- The best food in the area.YummyYummyDined on 10/30/2013We love going to this place! I would go every week if I could. The food is amazing & the specials make it hard to pass up. If you love Italian food this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,and service atBruceDined on 10/23/2013Great food,and service at a reasonable price. It felt like the owners really cared and were excellent in their craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!SsnsailorVIPDined on 10/6/2013Service, selection plentiful, quality of food superb. Wine choices varied and reasonable. EXCELLENT. A must visit and enjoy nothing short of great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceivingitchymaxDined on 10/5/2013Located in a campground (one that is in need of, and has been undergoing improvements...lots of construction materials and equipment scattered about), it doesn't look very promising upon arrival. The restaurant shares a building with the camp office/store, but has it's own entrance. The dining room is rather small, hence the suggestion for reservations. Of course the other reason for reservations is the food. All the eccentricities (like the walk through the prep/expedite area to be seated, and the no credit/debit card thing) are quickly overlooked when you get your food. From salad to garlic knots to the entrees, it is all outstanding and it is no wonder, despite it's location and appearance, this place is quickly developing a following.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatTom58Dined on 9/20/2013As usual the food at Walker's Dam Grill was delicious and more than I could eat. Aldo and Dora do great work here and for those that might have to travel bit to get here it is worth the trip! A reservation though not always necessary is always a good idea as the restaurant is on the small side. Once again a great time at Walker's Dam Grill!Special Features:
- the staff are wonderful, thecycledudedonDined on 8/31/2013the staff are wonderful, the food is delicious, everything is homemade, the garlic knots are awesome, my husband love the rockfish stuffed with crabmeat with creamy garlic sauce, had it twice last weekend. one of our favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walker DamokeydokeyDined on 8/31/2013This was a disappointing meal - service was barely adequate and food was just so-so. I had pork shank which was too heavily salted, husband had lasagna which I tasted and Stouffer's frozen lasagna is MUCH better than theirs. Strange taste and texture. There are too many good restaurants close to Williamsburg to enjoy so will not be a repeat customer.
- Don't judge a book by its coverdoolessVIPDined on 8/23/2013When I heard the name "Dam Grill" I figured, hey if the food is mediocre it sounds like a place with a nice view. Maybe a Dam, or at least water. My view was of a lot with heavy machinery! When I first arrived, I thought they must be kidding. This can't be it. I laughed along with my wife and daughter. Well. After eating the food I was pleasantly surprised. Chicken cutlet parm was just as good as any I have ever eaten in NY. The scallop appetizer was delicious and the steak I had was tasty. The place looks like an old lake cabin living room with authentic spider webbing, but the food was worth the trip from far away Fords Colony in Williamsburg. About 20 Miles and some real tight country roads, so I recommend an early dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingSsnsailorVIPDined on 8/4/2013We have dined here many times and continue to be pleased with service, atmosphere and Food. We were a party of 7 initially, then grew to 11. The staff accommodated our every need Expeditiously. All of our selections were filled with flavor and expertly crafted. No doubt, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the driveanonymousDined on 7/20/2013First time there. Good menu options. People were very friendly. The food was excellent and the portions were more than enough. They were also accommodating for gluten free request. Off the beaten path but well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast before going....KathyVIPDined on 7/13/2013Portion sizes are extra large, you will leave with a box in hand for yet another good meal.Special Features:
- Hidden GemKLMillerDined on 7/5/2013What a delightful find - totally unexpected! Small and unpretentious. Just the right amount of attention from the wait staff. There was a good variety of choices, plus daily specials. Very reasonably priced. We enjoyed our dinner very much and look forward to coming back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013glad this restaurant has reopened...food was very good-fresh and very generous portions...well seasoned--no extra salt or pepper needed...quiet atmosphere...good for conversation...well worth the drive from lakeside area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good priceDealDined on 6/22/2013Seated quickly. Food was good and plenty of it at a good price. $2 bootle beer out of a bucket was a nice surprise. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time backdiascundDined on 6/2/2013it is nice to have Dora and Aldo back in the neighborhood. it was great to see tony and barabra did a great job. I can't believe we waited this long to go back to see them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food...great price!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2013Fantastic food...great price! Go on Wednesday nights when its 2 for $20 and enjoy more than you can eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2013What a delight this little place is. Went on Mother's Day with family who live in area and knew about it. Took a friend on following Wed. Also lives in area but had never heard of it. We enjoyed their " Two for $20" Wed special. More food than the 2 of us could eat! What fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.