Wai’olu Ocean View Lounge
223 Saratoga Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Wai’olu Ocean View Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/waikiki/honolu
- Phone: 8086837456
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:30qm-10:30am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-6:00pm
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Shoji Namatame
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: At Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, we are committed to accommodating your every desire. We will assist with preferred vendor selections including: musicians, photographers, florists, specialty cakes and any request to make your experience a most memorable affair.
- Private Party Contact: Jay Kitashima 8086837451
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 6:30p.m. - 8:30p.m. Friday from 7:30p.m. - 9:30p.m.
A word from Wai’olu Ocean View Lounge
Experience "liquid artistry" at Wai"olu Ocean View lounge. Come experience specialty drinks "created" from the finest and freshest ingredients and "al fresco" dining with delectables tapas from every region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wai’olu Ocean View Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (10)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Ummmm?WHUFCDined on 8/24/2014On the 6 the floor of trump hotel, very quiet, lovely view admittedly and server did her best.it appears let down by supporting staff like chef and bar staff.. Order appetizer and main..turned up staggered, my wife and kids 1st then finally mine(wrong appetizer delivered), returned then actual appetizer served followed immediately by entree, still eating appetizer:-(. Wine requested and served half way through entree, we'd nearly finished dinner..view of the city nice, really quiet, other restaurants like downstairs, BLT had queues.. Enough said, sorry, the waitress was pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice1NUreviewDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant is tapas style. It is nice and the food that comes out is very beautiful and tasty. The mushroom soup is to die for. We were given these small little cups as complements from the chef. I almost lost my mind how rich, creamy, and delicious it was. Kudos to the chef!It's definitely a nice place for a date or if you have a friend that is a foodie and doesn't mind spending a couple bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the ambiancefoodfanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the open air lounge and tapas style menu. Great service. A limited view of ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Excellent ExperienceNJBobDined on 8/7/2014Very pretty restaurant with a great view. Tapa portions are good sized. For a party of four we ordered 5 plates and that was plenty. Good wine list and great service. My daughter accidently left her camera and the maitre de rushed down to the lobby to return it to us before we left the hotel. Overall great experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jhs1Dined on 7/29/2014Very nice lounge with a perfect view of the city. Service and food were both great.Special Features:
- Awesome viewQueenDined on 7/26/2014We love the bar so much! The food is awesome, lots of drink menu, and great great service. And nice couches are so comfortable. I want to go there every weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and wonderful foodChuckRobertsDined on 7/12/2014We had a great view of the city as it began to be lit up for the evening from our table. Very romantic. Good soft live music playing. Not overpowering conversation. Great bar with amazing works of liquid art. The absinthe is a must for an after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner!ladyjDined on 6/17/2014Came to celebrate my friends Birthday and it was a perfect evening, the service, the food top notch! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Wai’olu Ocean View Lounge reviews archive.
- ocean view lounge...ho humkakigirlDined on 5/1/2014very disappointed for what we thought was a Trump highlight hotel. ...noise from the street, peek view only to the ocean, limited selection of beers, no music. ...had a drink ...then left to Moana Surfrider where we got music, ocean view, and good overall service.
- Nice setting, good food, too priceyMJNJVIPDined on 3/15/2014I expected anything with Trump name on it to be high-end but this was too much money for too little.
- So loudProfileDined on 3/11/2014This is my second time but I think it will be my last.... There were group of some punky kids right next table and was so loud that we couldn't enjoy our food or drink - not to mention the sunset. And our server seemed more attentive to other tables ( touristy ) but not ours. May be because we're next to the really loud goup of people? Or because we were not the tourist? Anyways , was not worth it. There were so much food left over but nobody asked us how the food was.Special Features:
- Tasty small plates, decent viewCardinalFlyerVIPDined on 2/15/2014This is more of a bar on the 6th floor of the Trump hotel. It's open air with a great view of the Honolulu skyline and an OK view of the ocean. It gets more street noise than would be desirable for the atmosphere they are trying to achieve. There was a solo guitarist/vocalist doing mostly soft rock and folk. We were seated at a lounge area of couches big enough for 8 people, despite just the 3 of us. It was still quite comfortable and pleasant. Excellent drinks. The menu has good variety and everything was tasty although some items were a bit spicy. The Kalbi spring rolls were better without the sauce which was way too salty. The bill adds up quickly though as you go through several plates. Overall- enjoyable, nice, not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOnoliciousDined on 2/13/2014Good service and service. Nice place to just kick back, relax and enjoy an evening. Very friendly.Special Features:
- First time here but we will return!Shawsy50VIPDined on 2/10/2014We heard from a friend about this restaurant and glad we did! They serve small plate items and all were very good. We recommend this place for a great view of the Waikiki sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingginal3646Dined on 2/1/2014We had a perfect dining experience! Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable and the food was amazing. The view is perfect! You can see the ocean and a wonderful view of the Honolulu skyline. They also had live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Waikaki View at NightphishermanVIPDined on 1/26/2014Variety of small plates include western and Asian specialties. We chose this restaurant bar for a later light dinner after the Pro Bowl game and it perfectly fit the bill. After a starter cheese and cured meat plate with our martinis we chose spring rolls and a grilled lamp chop, all perfectly prepared. It was nice to have very good "regular food" after a few days of high end specialty restaurants.Cappucino and desert was excellent and the view of the western half of Waikaki at night was dramatic. Although not on the beach, the Trump hotel would be a good choice as well . We were very satisfied with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014I visit your restaurant the last night of my vacation. Thank you very good service,thank you very good food and drink,thank you nice sunset view ! I will back again next time! My English conversation level is very low,very sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked SpotShepherdDined on 12/28/2013Great spot in Waikiki. Simple food done right. Not as pricey as the ambience would suggest. Extensive drinks list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trump TowerKathyDined on 12/20/2013We love this spot & go there often. It's a nice place to go to "chillax!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Velveeta for Nachos?OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/20/2013A bit disappointed. Expected more from a Trump establishment. We think they used Velveeta for the Nacho cheese - runny stuff. Edamame dip was bland. Nothing too special about other fare. Then it took forever to get a dinner menu. The place needs blinds that they can roll down to cut the glare right before sunset, especially if you're seated in the view seats. Otherwise, the view of the sunset was beautiful and the fireworks from the Hilton were an added bonus.Special Features:
- Hidden treasureJerseygirl1970Dined on 12/16/2013Better than expected. Food was 4 star, service was 4 star, view was 5 star and drinks were 4 star. Highly recommend this place to anyone!!! Would go back in a second. 2nd best restaurant on the islandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013The food was interesting and very good. The wait staff was knowledgeable about the menu and wine pairings. We had a very nice evening eating, drinking and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AfternoonByakuyafiendDined on 11/29/2013What a wonderful way to kill time between engagements. Reserve yourselves a lounge, sit back and relax. Sip on some wonderful cocktails and enjoy attentive service. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Hide awayOnlythebest808Dined on 11/24/2013We came here for restaurant week. And ordered the special they were offering. The lobster appetizer was very good. I had the New York steak butter yaki. Delicious ! My friend had the catch of the day, That was very good too. Followed by chocolate fondue yummy !!! Nice staff, Great service. I would definitely come back here. It was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alyshea is a gemBirthdaygirlDined on 11/11/2013Aloha from beautiful WIkiki. When in O'ahu next please plan a stop at the Trump Tower to their Wai'lou Ocean View Lounge. You do not need to be a hotel guest to enjoy this delightful spot on the 6th floor. View of the sunset was phenominal we had their fish and chips with house made tartar sauce. Huge portion of delicately fried fish and their fries were the best I have had on the island.Our server Alyshea was a star and set the level of service pretty high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2013Forget about the Trump stigma, the fish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular View and AmbianceChip00Dined on 11/6/2013We had a table for two with an outstanding view of the city and beaches of Waikiki. The lighting in the restaurant was subdued. The noise level was low to moderate. There was a guitarist and vocalist providing live background music. The small plate dishes were delicious and expertly prepared. The restaurant was only about half full and our service was excellent. We enjoyed our dining experience a great deal and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night in WaikikiTenor4uDined on 11/4/2013We had already dined at some great places, most of those crazy busy in Waikiki. The Wai'olu was a welcome change. Pretty much like relaxing at home and bring waited on. The 3 of us shared a dining/couch area as well as delicious small plates and very nice wine. The open air and gorgeous view adds to the experience. The service was impeccable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new fav placeFrenchbreadVIPDined on 9/18/2013Service was off the charts, Michael was great and so was our female server whose name, regretably, I cannot remember...but she was also outstanding. Nice wine goblets with ample pour, reasonable portions to the usual pupus. A gracious and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2013Food, service and view were all great! Would definitely go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Request not followedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013When making a reservation on open table I requested lounge type seating. The girl checking us in said none were available and it was not on the request from open table. Since no one was in the place and after a few minutes of explanation she sat us where I requested. She made it clear it was not on open table and that we would need to leave by 7:30 since the area was reserved by another party. Since it was only 5pm I let her know that was not going to be a problem. I have been there many times with the same request placed on open table and have never had this problem beforeSpecial Features:
- Not so bad, but....MiyamausuyukisoDined on 7/13/2013They serrved our draft beer with no bubbles on it.The machine was broken. They told us about it when we asked another glasses. Foodies are not so bad, but one dish was too salty and one dish was too sweet for us.Special Features:
- For the More SocialNancyEFVIPDined on 7/6/2013As an older couple we were not impressed by the food or drink provided. Definitely geared for a younger, more with-it crowd - who seemed to be having a great time.Special Features:
- Nice Place for a Change of SceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013We had a very pleasant experience dining in this place for the first time. Its seatings were very comfortable and relaxing. Foods were great , and the view was fantastic. Overall, we had a marvelous time, and definitely will go there again to entertain friends in the future.Special Features:
- We visited there first timeluvflanDined on 6/27/2013We visited there first time and enjoyed food. Ambience is good also. First saver was good, she check us all the time but next saver was not so good. We were wait to order next drink and he did included tip already when we were check out. We are kama'aina and we'd like to decided tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour 3-6 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2013A hidden gem. Located in Trump hotel ( on Saratoga) in Waikiki. Validated valet parking, take elevators to the 6 th floor. Great sunset view. Happy hour prices and menu are fabulous. Nice place to unwind. Highly recommend! Staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/5/2013The gave us little flashlights to read the menu. Worst lighting ever in a swanky restaurant. Food was good, not great. With so many other options in Honolulu, go somewhere else. "The Donald" is the winner here. Kevin
- SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2013Great view of Honolulu, the ocean and sunset . Loved the 6th floor outdoor dining. Service and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view of table was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013The view of table was very nice. If it was friday night, we could see fire-works. It was the only regret. food was very delicious,but small size for me.Special Features:
- If you are reading this reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/31/2013If you are reading this review to try and decide if wai'olu is worth a visit , let me do you a favor. Stop reading and go! The food is great the service is excellent. Very well made cocktails and make sure to order rate pork belly!Special Features: