Wai'oli Tea Room
2950 Manoa Road
Honolulu, HI 96822Neighborhood:
Afternoon TeaPrice: $30 and under
Wai'oli Tea Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewaiolitearoom.net/
- Phone: 8089885800x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 6 days!
Brunch & Lunch
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12pm. Lunch:12-3:30pm
Afternoon Tea is served per reservation. Please make reservation via phone with 24 hours advance. Thank you!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kris Prieto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Cafe, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Private Party Facilities: The Ginger VIP Room is air conditioned, carpeted and offers seating for up to 40 guests
The Atrium has a beautiful view of our tropical gardens and holds up to 45 guests, including the outside patio area.
The Robert Louis Stevenson Room is our largest dining area which can accommodate up to 75 guests.
The entire facility may be booked for up to 200 guests (includes lanai and garden seating) to celebrate your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Rose Chambers 8089885800x
A word from Wai'oli Tea Room
The Wai'oli Tea Room is an intimate getaway in the heart of the beautiful Manoa Valley that offers guests private dining and meeting spaces, a retail gift shop, and outside lanai and garden seating. We focus on delicious breakfasts, lunches, desserts, fresh bakery items, non-alcoholic refreshments, specialty coffees and Afternoon Tea service in a lush rainforest setting. Full catering is available. Whether you're a local looking for someplace off the beaten path, or a visitor searching for a hidden jewel, Wai'oli invites you to step back to a simpler time and create some memorable moments with us.Continued
Please note we are an alcohol-free establishment.
Please note we are an alcohol-free establishment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wai'oli Tea Room reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)special occasion (8)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Monday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The food was delicious! The weather was cool despite high humidity and high temps in downtown HNL. The waitress made a mistake in the order for one of us and brought the wrong dish. She took it back, and it was a long time before the right dish was returned - only after I reminded her. She forgot to bring the sour cream that went with my dish until I reminded her. It wasn't really busy that day, so we didn't feel rushed. Oh, I liked being able to make reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Hawaiian CharmWaiting4EwaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great restaurant for experiencing old Hawaiian ambiance and charm. Food is good and generous portions. Don't be in a rush because is not. If you can afford the time, you'll enjoy a relaxing and plesant lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!IolanaDined on 9/3/2014Just had a wonderful lunch with newly found 3rd cousins. Food and ambiance excellent. Staff very understanding as we dawdled forever, spreading our family papers all over the table. We all have memories going back a long time at this place and our great-grandmothers are buried at Manoa Cemetery, so to meet here was perfect. We are so grateful to the Salvation Army for operating this historic restaurant. Mahalo piha.Special Features:
- Historic settingambience in ManoaRugbyshogunDined on 8/31/2014I made a Sunday brunch reservation via the Open Table app and we were greeted and seated promptly upon arrival. My guest, a visiting Internal Medicine physician, was impressed with the setting and attentive service. The Sunday brunch menu was appealing and we each ordered a different item, the specialty quiche, an omelette, and smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese. The specials came with oven browned potatoes. The tropical juices were fresh as was the coffee. Ceiling fans provided the ventilation since the building is not air conditioned but the large shade trees provide adequate cooling for the buildings. We enjoyed brunch and good conversation, and the waitress checked on us regularly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- system downtessDined on 8/27/2014Their system was down when we went there. They didn't get my reservation. Luckily, we were able to take a table. Except that, we really enjoy the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Lost ReservationRSVPDined on 8/23/2014I was highly disapointed that upon arrive, the staff at Waioli Tea Room had no record of my reserveration that was schedule almost two weeks in advance. I had requested the tea services and was not able to get the accomendation. This was suppose to be a nice treat for my mom who was visiting from out of town.
- So much potentialSleasVIPDined on 8/9/2014This beautiful location cries for better management. The staff needs to be trained on basic procedures. In addition better attention to food itself would help. It is just mediocre and not plated in an attractive manner. Waioli Tea Room has so much potential with proper traing and a better chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Old Hawaii CharmWaiting4EwaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful old Hawaii charm. This historic site and restaurant has a new owner and is doing a wonderful job keeping the old charm alive with interesting and delicious food dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, comfortable, tastyHonoluluLocalDined on 7/27/2014Waioli Tea Room continues to be a charming treasure in Manoa. Indoor seating limited to parties of 2, 3, 6+. Mostly lanai seating so depends on the weather. Breakfast menu is adequate with a nice homey feel. Service is friendly. Parking is easy. Thank you WTR for a pleasant breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Lost" our Open Table ReznemoDined on 7/19/2014Despite Open Table confirmation (1 day prior) for an 8-party rez and a phone call 2 hrs prior to our lunch, they misinterpreted as reservation as a party of 2. Thus, there were no indoor tables and the host, who was very pleasant, situated us outdoors. The setting was visually beautiful except, being on uneven dirt and grass, the table had a severe tilt, making the meal slightly more challenging for my eldery mother. They also confirmed "lunch" over the phone but we were confined to the breakfast menu because it was still only 11:30 and lunch isn't served until noon on weekends. There is just a brief note near the of the menu but the server displayed an attitude over our initial lunch orders.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Wai'oli Tea Room reviews archive.
- An enjoyable Easter morning.GwensGrindsDined on 4/20/2014The Easter Breakfast Buffet was a bargain at only $25.00 when compared to other pricey breakfast buffets around town. Just the right amount and kinds of food were offered with something for everyone's taste. Especially tasty was the country gravy over biscuits. We look forward to returning for lunch one day soon.Special Features:
- Waioli Tea Room Breakfast and TourCInouyeDined on 3/29/2014Visited the Waioli Tea Room for the first time in years. We were pleasantly surprised how everything about the facility had been refreshed and renovated. The food was also amazing and delicious. We appreciated a personal tour by a caring staff member to show us the recently rebuilt Robert Louis Stevenson Grass Shack and the impressive Tea Service Rooms ready for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need more efficient servershonuhi23Dined on 3/17/2014need more efficient servers with an upbeat attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicerjl8369Dined on 3/9/2014we got seated for a our 11:00am reservation early. But the one thing that ticked me off was that the people the got seated after us were given water and silverware, not until I complained, we were served. I feel that the waitress that was assigned to our section was picking and choosing what table she wanted to service. We were a party of three but the other table was a part of six. This waitress needs more training in customer service.Special Features:
- Good Food & Nice AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014While eating and having conversations with friends we could hear bird songs and the wind rustling leaves in the trees. Nice location at around 200 feet, so a cool respite from the heat of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Waioli tea roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014The food was surprisingly good after one of our group said it was very bad a year before. They tried to seat us inside but we wanted to be outside so they begrudgingly moved us even though there were plenty of open tables. Next time we will request outside. It would be fun to have a tea there. Service was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waioli revisitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The place hasn't changed much, which is part of its charm. The restaurant has been spruced up since my last visit. It had a fresh coat of paint and everything had been scrubbed clean. It made for a good first impression. The menu was very similar to the one under the previous management, with the exception of the added Specials- of-the- Day. Our party had curry chicken salads and the salmon BLT. Both were good, but the portions were on the small side. The desserts - chocolate mousse cake and butterscotch brownie with caramel sauce - were tasty, but not memorable. The server was entertaining, but we waited a long time for our food. This was understandable for a busy Friday lunch. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I understand that this isLuckyduckyDined on 2/27/2014I understand that this is a new "reopening" - but I could not make a reservation on phone; had to do so via the internet. Waiters were too busy. I ordered lunch - my first three choices were not available; wrong dessert was brought to table. I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past and sincerely hope that things improve and that the Tea Room will be a success. Also, I noticed the prices were definitely on the high side! Good luck!Special Features:
- Good girlfriends lunch spotMangoMomVIPDined on 2/15/2014I am so pleased that Waioli Tea Room has been able to remain open. You can see that the facility has a fresh coat of paint. They are making little changes with the menu, too. Menu has been scaled back - I'm hoping that after everything settles in for the new management that they may expand the menu again. A very nice new addition is serving biscuits with flavored butters. Very nice touch and very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementDaisyDined on 2/14/2014Their dinner special for Valentine's Day was a great idea; however, the food quality was poor. Food was either dry, overcooked, bland, and just not visually appealing. The food quality was comparable to something you would get in a cafeteria. it is unfortunate as the location is great, but for $75 per person, it truly was not worth the price and was a great disappointment!Special Features:
- Sweet treats in the valleyalohagourmetVIPDined on 1/29/2014Beautiful and historic location in Manoa valley. Lunch was delicious - I had a lentil salad with seared salmon- and the dessert fantastic - lilikoi bar! I would love to go again soon to have their afternoon tea- as I left I noticed many guests enjoying a lovely presentation of tea and treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchJannyDined on 1/28/2014Appreciated we were not rushed. A good place to catch up with friends you haven't seen in awhile. Lovely, relaxing setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.