59 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5V 2P2Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waborasushi.com/
- Phone: 4167779501
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have great variety of food that can be customized and catered to meet your needs.
A word from Wabora
Our vision at Wabora is LOVE! Whether it is preparing the food or serving the food. We hope that everyone can come and be filled with love.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Wabora - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Wabora reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Awesome bentosnootsVIPDined on 7/28/2014You simply have to go there for lunch and try their bento anything and you will be pleased. I always get the chicken kasuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceavideaterDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Wabora upwards of 10 times (both Toronto and Bracebridge locations). This last visit left something to be desired. Our waiter was missing for the entire meal. We had to ask passing waiters for more water, for them to pack up our extra food, to get our bill, etc. As well, our main courses came 15 mins apart with no explanation or apology. We appeared to be the waiter's only table so I'm not really sure why he was so absent. There were maybe 5 tables full in the whole restaurant. We had always had good enough service during our other visits so this lack of service was surprising. We wont be rushing back.
- No StagingSeekingSavoryPlusServiceDined on 6/29/2014Even though the restaurant was close to empty we waited and waited before the waiter took our drink order. After we placed our order the drinks arrived quickly and so did the food with zero appreciation of the concept of courses. How frustrating to have the meat course, a delicious steak delivered before the shush and sashimi. The kitchen cooks the full order and the server loads the table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Delicious food, waitress had great knowledge of menu, great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi! Not to great service.Luvsfood22VIPDined on 6/13/2014Wabora was great! Their sushi rolls are delicious and imaginative. I had the sundae roll and the hurricane roll and both were really good. The sauces that they put on some of their rolls are really good also. There are also 10 or 12 pieces of sushi per roll, so the portions are big. Only thing is the service is just terrible. It started off great, our group on 6 ordered, and the rolls and hot food came out pretty quickly. Once the food was served, no one came back to ask how we doing or fill out waters. We had to ask 3 times for more water before we got some. We also wait more than 30 mins for our bill after asking for it which is ridiculous. When we did get our bill, we waited another 15 mins for change! Great food, terrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillTraveleater1VIPDined on 6/3/2014We've been there in the past. Food this time was ok, but below par. Service was awful. The restaurant was close to empty, yet the wait staff didn't fill up water glasses, clean off dirty plates or the table between dishes. I wasn't thrilled the last time I was there either. It's now off our list.
- Yummy dinnerDeliciousDined on 5/11/2014The food was fantastic! The service was attentive. The atmosphere lovely. Brought my children and they were accommodated very nicely. Made for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 105 reviews are from the Wabora reviews archive.
- WaboraOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014The food is excellent. But service is slow. We had to chase down the waiter several times. Very friendly and nice, but too slow. Need more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Food was good, great hot spot with good energy and ambiance. Service needs to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soAJGTDined on 4/4/2014It was not a bad experience by any means, but certainly not world-class sushi, yet you pay an extremely high price. Also, I spilled my completely full $14 martini (my fault, I admit) but it would have been nice if they had taken it off the bill since I didn't get another one. Not a mandatory gesture, but would have perhaps persuaded me to revisit.Special Features:
- volcano and sakikmacDined on 3/31/2014If you like seafood and sushi, the volcano was to die for.....really!!! Good saki selection... tako sashimi with house salad, seafood soup, the Bracebridge along with the other maki(s) were excellent. We look forward to returning next time in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaboraBubbles029Dined on 3/22/2014No complaints on my end...food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Nice Birthday Surprisedental1Dined on 3/16/2014My wife took me to Wabora for my birthday. Food was wonderful, service was excellent! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Asian Fusion food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new experiencewyrbndrDined on 2/28/2014Japanese fusion I am now a real fan! In Muskoka or Toronto I will be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014Very expensive, I could've gone around the corner to a Sushi & Bento for better sushi at half the price. What a waste...
- We went here for the sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014We went here for the sushi making class and we can't get enough of sushi so we stayed for more. Staffs are very friendly and the ambiance is great. If you love sushi/sashimi/maki, this is a good place to check out because of their fusion and wide variety of choices. But be wary of their prices as they're not cheap nor buffet. Overall, it's all good. Try their volcano roll... It's the best fusion roll I've tasted so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Considering the restaurantJenniferDined on 2/14/2014Considering the restaurant was empty, they gave us the crappiest tiniest table citing that they were going to be busy. We were there for an hour and a half and there were only two other couples in the whole restaurant when we left. They also bunched us all together. There is nothing worse than being in an empty restaurant with tons of empty tables and the only other two couples are right next to you when the tables are tightly packed with no breathing room! The food was ok but nothing special. Similarly, the service was ok, but nothing special. I would not return, which is a shame because it is two minutes from my house.
- The best Japanese restaurant,DavaxDined on 2/11/2014The best Japanese restaurant, ever! I do a lot of dining out and have been now to both Wabora locations and to many other Japanese restaurants including all the "big name" places. This tale the cake! Fantastic cuisine, fantastic service, great wine list. Nothing I can even think of in a negative sense. Simply, the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried a couple of differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We tried a couple of different rolls and loved them all - we also had the tuna tower which was recommended to us by friends. It was delicious, however we both thought it tasted like a deconstructed sushi roll and didn't deserve the hype it got from our friends and server. Overall, a great time, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, but good, fresh sushimg0114Dined on 1/31/2014The place was great. Sushi was delicious. I would recommend calling them if you make a reservation through OpenTable as our reservation never showed up on the restaurants end. Luckily it wasn't busy when we went so they were able to accommodate us immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful WaboraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Had an amazing time out for dinner the other night for date night. It was my second time there and though I didn't think it was possible it exceeded my already sky-high expectations! The food was incredible and the service was amazing. I will definitely go back and recommend it to friends though most of my friends go there anyways. It is a major hotspot and for good reason. Wabora never seems to amaze me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always goodSH99Dined on 12/12/2013But the bartender/waitress was less that interested in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinneredmcDined on 11/23/2013Made a reso, did not wait for a table. Our server made no recommondations, he just walked over and said do you know what you want. Drinks and food came out in a reasonable time period No quality check. We hated the mango roll, but by the time the server came we just wanted to leave. When I needed something and asked a busser. It took 8 mins to get my server to order more ginger, I only got 4 pieces, which wasn't enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant and DeliciousnootsVIPDined on 11/18/2013I go to Wabora every week. It's an amazing restaurant and the food tastes so good. I order the same thing every time, boring I know, but it always tastes great and I don't think I will ever get bored of it. If it's your first time there, get a bento box, they are the best!Special Features:
- Love the Service, Love the SushiJackieAVIPDined on 10/8/2013I had an incredible server who offered perfect recommendations and was very attentive. She suggested the organic filtered sake and it was amazing. I would also suggest the cherry maki and salmon sashimi. Pure heaven.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceTheMuffinTopVIPDined on 9/21/2013OK food but terrible service by the manager who used the fake name Jonathan (real name is James) when he realized we will be taking our service complaints to the next level.
- Great Service Great FoodTobyDined on 8/10/2013The bento boxes for lunch are reasonably priced and proportioned well. The food is excellent and the service is attentive. We went there for a birthday and he was delightedly treated with a nice panko crusted ice-cream served with some berries. We went there for lunch and the dress was casual. The atmosphere is quiet and romantically dim. The washrooms are clean and modern. Lots of creative rolls to try. I recommend the Spicy Cottage Roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...Local4lifeVIPDined on 8/2/2013But getting a bit touristy/suburban. You can tell when it's not the downtown locals that eat here but the out of town/suburbans looking for a "big city" experience. Great martinis thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!CPandBPDined on 7/29/2013It was a wonderful dining experience. Food, ambience and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2013Sushi was amazing but only topped by the service. Excellent recommendations. Glass of water was never empty. Above and beyond. But a little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are way better sushi in townEscapeDined on 6/28/2013Terrible service, overpriced menu, mediocre food. Stay away, would NOT recommend to Anyone.
- The food was incredible!!NickVIPDined on 6/26/2013The food was incredible!! The kitchen operated like a Swiss watch. The Service was very poor! We had to ask for items a number of times from a number of waitresses until we finally got it. How can you get the wasabi and soy sauce in at the end of your meal? The restaurant didn't have a few items that were noted on the menu and the sake we originally wanted was also not available.
- Sweet Potato Crunch Roll was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/17/2013Overall it was a great experience for a much needed sushi dinner. The seafood tempura was referred to as bland with the salmon being overdone inside it's oily panko cocoon. The rolls were presented nicely and all tasted good with our favorite being the sweet potato roll. The brown rice option was very nice to have on the menu. We'll go back for sure.
- Exceptional serviceBirthdaygirlDined on 6/16/2013I had my birthday dinner at wabora. They have a wide list of sushi rolls to choose from. The crispy crunch is a must have and I have to thank the hosts for an exceptional service. Great pick for your birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was fabulous.PeaceGirlVIPDined on 6/8/2013Our waitress was fabulous. Very attentive and friendly. She recommended 3 things to us and we loved all three!!! This is my favourite sushi restaurant. Food is always super fresh. Sushi melts in your mouth. Lovely presentation too. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013We went to dinner at Wabora with two other couples so 6 of us in total. The waitress of very friendly and recommended a few dishes that were outstanding. We have been here before but found this evening to be particularly good. We enjoy all our dishes and the wine was good too. We would definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Overall Client ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2013I took a group of 6 people out for a lunch to Wabora (4 of which were clients). The food was of good quality (although they were out of some of the fish that we wanted to order) and the service was reasonable (although they were baffled when we asked for a recommendation on what to order for the table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013We went for a birthday and while the food was amazing, the service was not. Our server always looked like he was stressed out and running around like crazy. He took our drink orders and told is he would be right back for our food order, and disappeared for 15-20 minutes. This happened multiple times throughout the night and we often had to get up to call him over. However, once he took our order, it was never a long wait for the food. The food was excellent. We highly recommend the Tuna Tower (let them mix it when they ask), black cod, and number 42 on the sushi list insert. The raspberry martini was also really good. At dessert time they showed up with delicious ice cream and servers with gongs and sang happy birthday - very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013The food was excellent. Our server was professional. However, I will not return. It was very loud thanks to the blasting club music and all the parties we were sitting close to.Additionally, service was slow due to the amount of large parties that night. As a thank you for our patience they gave us free miso soup. (Wow! a $2 deal!)Seems that it is the hot spot for 905ers who want to be seen. Not my thing.Special Features:
- Nothing special sushi forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Nothing special sushi for the price. Not memorable - many better options in Toronto. I was disappointed.Special Features: