1635 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wabisabisushi.com/
- Phone: 310-314-2229
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wabi Sabi
Wabi-Sabi exemplifies the young,trendy Abbot Kinney vibe. Modern architecture encompass this hip spot full of neighborhood regulars who find the fun,crowded atmosphere relaxing. Japanese in concept, fusion in flavor, one can choose from an extensive market fresh sushi list or indulge in our pan-asian fusion cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wabi Sabi reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Fun and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Fun restaurant to have dinner for delicious Japanese food when on Abbot Kinney or eat at regularly if you live in the area.Special Features:
- Compliments to the bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Great experience at Wabi Sabi - awesome drinks (the bartender made us a cucumber jalapeno martinis that was not on the menu and absolutely delicious), sashimi, appetizers and excellent service. The service was impeccable. We were sat down immediately and everyone from the waiter to individuals that cleared our table were very helpful. Only downside was our table was in the middle of the second room and the lighting seemed a bit brigher compared to the other two rooms. Also, prefer the sushi rice at Sugar Fish. Overall a great place for friends, groups, or date and looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Neighborhood JapaneseecdoodleDined on 8/12/2014There are plenty of Japanese restaurants in LA, but I picked Wabi Sabi because we can walk there. The food is generally very good and the ambiance is hip and casual. It is a bit overpriced but all things considered, it's still a good dinning option for us who prefer not to drive to dinner after a long work day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Confused ServiceFromagerVIPDined on 7/31/2014It was my first time here at Wabi Sabi, and I had really looked forward to the dinner. I found when speaking to the sushi chef, at the sushi bar, that he was either unable to hear what I was saying or just completely ignored my requests. On the flip side, when I ordered menu items from the server, she seamed overwhelmed and promptly forgot my order. For something as simple as a bowl of soup, I waited for 45 minutes. I regularly dine at high end sushi bars and am familiar with ordering some things from the chef and some from a server. Usually, they at least are communicating and the orders come out properly and in a timely manner. While I found the food tasty enough, the management of service was so poor that I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Sushi for VegansOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/23/2014Love this spot. The Vegan Miso soup alone is reason to go. Miso eggplant, veggie rolls, delicious kale salad and oh the drinks! Wabi Sabi never disappoints. Go, dine, drink and have fun!Special Features:
- Wabi Sabi Awesome!!!jayjraeDined on 7/18/2014The sushi, sake and service was awesome. The freshness of your food keeps us coming back!!! Over and over again!! Great food, service, sake... A Venice find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi, Bad ServiceilikefoodDined on 7/18/2014The hostess basically ignored us when we first came into the restaurant and it took us about 10 minutes to be seated even though the restaurant was fairly empty. Then our waiter took our drink order and appetizer order, but did not come back for a long time to take our dinner order. Might have just gotten bad luck with that one waiter, but didn't have a great experience overall.Special Features:
- good food great serviceeatwellDined on 7/11/2014The staff is great and the food is always great-love the atmosphere and its just a solid neighborhood restaurant-highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 268 reviews are from the Wabi Sabi reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood SpotfoodisgoodDined on 5/30/2014Food is always good here, and the ambiance is great. Service can sometimes be slow, but not always. Can't go wrong with a meal here.Special Features:
- Best Sushi this side of JapanSushiBillDined on 5/22/2014I have travelled extensively in Japan and have fully enjoyed the best sushi Japan has to offer. Not until Wabi Sabi have I enjoyed comparable sushi in the US. Albacore was soft and delicious. Toro was very fresh as well. The Hakattsu (sp?) sake was fabulous. You must find this restaurant Nd enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great easy mealcjbtoonzVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food is really good here and prices are moderate. Very attentive wait staff too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteLATrioDined on 5/10/2014We've been dining at Wabi Sabi for years, but we usually go there for their excellent Happy Hour menu and our usual favorites (sushi, sweet potato fries, etc.). This time, however, everything we ordered was new to us (though they've all been on the regular menu for a long time). We had an amazing Dungeness crab salad with heirloom tomatoes, a pasta that was great, terrific sautéed spinach and a wild mushroom dish. Definitely going back soon!Special Features:
- Brilliant as AlwaysholidayeaterDined on 5/10/2014The most gracious manager in all of Los Angeles! The food was excellent as always. Yellowtail with jalepeno sashima is the BEST in town!Special Features:
- Wabi SabiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014The service was great, attentive and friendly. Food was delicious and dining was relaxed. Great for meeting up with friends... yummy cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Servicedkit54Dined on 5/7/2014I love the food at Wabi Sabi, however the service is awful! It took over an hour to get our bill after we asked for it 4x!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Uncomfortableluv2dine505Dined on 4/25/2014My friend and I ate dinner here and had a great time. Food was alright but not the best sushi I've had. That being said, as we were signing the check to leave a waitress hurriedly came over with sake and cups in her hand. She said that some other customers in the corner of the restaurant sent over drinks and food. We said if they could send it back because it was awkward and we obviously already ate and leaving. The waitress demanded that we stay and put the drinks down anyway. This continues to get more uncomfortable. She sets down silverware and finally the food comes out. She leaves the food and walks over to the guys. We gave the food to the people next to us and got out as fast as we could. Talk about POOR customer service...
- Not bad, but pretty unmemorable.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014With as many options in the area, I do not foresee my fiancé and i coming back here again. We did not have a bad experience by any means, and the food was (meh) okay, but we're pretty confident that there's a sushi place nearby with much better food, especially considering the price. Items we tried: Chilli garlic edamame (slippery and hard to eat but yummy) Spicy salmon roll (too much rice and kinda boring) Japanese ceviche (wasn't bad, but pretty small) Soft shell crab roll (too much rice and little flavor) Yellow tail special (good flavor)
- Oh so bad serviceFgSAMVIPDined on 4/11/2014I am a regular at Wabi Sabi but must say the service on my recent visit was horrible. Everything was very, very slow. the bar is exceptionally slow and downright painful. i am concerned if it doesn't improve that it will eventually shutdown which would be a shame since the food is fairly good and consistent.Special Features:
- Friday Night FunVeniceDined on 4/4/2014We recently met a friend visiting from San Miguel de Allende at Wabi Sabi. She has been living in Central Mexico for a few years and mentioned she was really missing her favorite sushi restaurant in Los Angeles. We decided to take her to our favorite sushi restaurant and all of us were exceptionally pleased with our decision. Everything we ordered was delicious, the Friday night atmosphere was perfect and of course the entire Wabi team was amazing. This is a must try if you are in the Los Angeles area!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2014We had lots of different sushi. All was no more than mediocre. Don't even consider - especially in an area with so many good choices.
- A culinary delightMarsee3VIPDined on 3/8/2014Thi place is a neighborhood gem. The food is very consistent and always fantastic. It has a great sushi bar. We prefer table service as it is more relaxing for us. The menu is oustanding. We ordered an eggplant dish that was the best we ever had. Can't wait to go back! Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a regular here. The sushiShowbizLizDined on 2/28/2014I am a regular here. The sushi is consistently great. I also love their cocktails. The service is always great when I have a female server but only adequate with the guys. Why is that? Thanks for not blasting music so loud that no one can have a conversation (like way too many other places)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014I always have a great time at Wabi Sabi. Great food and fun energetic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous sushi!1officediva2VIPDined on 2/18/2014Absolutely fabulous sushi! We will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Black Cod with the crispy potato and pan fried broccolini - out of this world! Shrimp Gyoza with carrot sauce. OMG. A definite plate licker! We had 2 orders of this!! Udon Soup - simply divine. This is such a Venice gem. Hands down, our most favorite sushi restaurant ever! Celebrated our 24th Wedding Anniversary here. It simply did not disappoint! We are very happy customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day FunPbandjDined on 2/14/2014Though it was a busy night, service was overall prompt and friendly. The Philly roll was our favorite--definitely a once-in-while treat. Our server was personable and the runners were very friendly. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodlovetoeatDined on 2/13/2014Wabi-Sabi never fails to please us. Their food quality, preparation and service are always top notch. The hostess(or owner) always has a smile, checks on you and wants to make your experience a good one every time. Must haves:diver scallop salad beet salad,black cod,udon with lobster and shrimp, albacore tataki w/garlic ponzu and the caterpillar roll. Try the asian pear sake. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi on the West SideKatersonVIPDined on 2/8/2014Wabi Sabi is undoubtably the best sushi West of the 405Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was new?ColdSakepleaseDined on 2/8/2014Food was great. Service was the worst ever at Wabi-Sabi. I would go back and recommend with hesitation, but not the service I'm used to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is always fun!ClaudetteDined on 2/2/2014Great sushi, eggplant and mojito awesome. Only negative, portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceVeniceladyDined on 2/1/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Always consistent and good. The tempura is crisp and not at all greasy and the sushi is fresh and delicious. We go here almost once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can count on Wabi Sabi ....DtownDined on 1/31/2014consistently great food and service every time. Neighborhood winner. Love the early happy hour specials and kid-friendly staff.Special Features:
- out of town guestsSandyjkVIPDined on 1/27/2014We had a delicious meal. We arrived early (6:30p) and missed most of the crowded noisiness. The waiter was miffed when I asked him to stop calling us "guys." I find it unpleasant and it seems to be the greeting of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, friendly andToinetteVIPDined on 1/20/2014Very good food, friendly and professional service. Nice atmosphere and decor.Special Features:
- Reliable and super fresh sushiNatalieBVIPDined on 1/18/2014Wabi-Sabi has been a neighborhood gem for years. It's always a reliable spot for great sushi in a relaxed environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- abdelDined on 1/15/2014Awesome place with great service. The combinations are extremely fresh with great flavors that don't come across as too overwhelming. They also have some great beers and an amazing lychee martini. We love sitting at the sushi bar seeing everything prepared fresh and their communal table option is a nice change of pace for the LA dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/5/2014The food is amazing. My favorite dishes are the kale salad, the baked crab roll and the yellow tail with cilantro, jalapeno and a citrus mix. This is a great place to have some tasty food.Special Features:
- Good findhappydinerVIPDined on 12/28/2013Fish is very fresh. Tempura is a little greasy and sauce is weird. The eggplant appetizer is very tasty. Good portion. Street parking stated on the website is impossible and valet is easy. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2013Get a reservation and they put the ten of us in our own little side room. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grear spot in VeniceRBladerVIPDined on 11/17/2013Wabi Sabi is a first rate Japanese Restaurant on Abbott Kinney that combines special dishes and excellent sushi. Their appetizers and salads are outstanding (especially the scallop salad and the seaweed salad). They always have specials that are really special. Some really good hot entrees too and an excellent list of cold sakis. And their special rolls are superb. Great scene too - lively but not too noisy.Special Features: