W Bistro at 1010
1010 South King St
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
W Bistro at 1010
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wbistroat1010.com/
- Phone: 8085892295x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pat Comer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Special Events: W Bistro at 1010 with it's convenient location across from the Blaisdell Concert Hall is the ideal venue for pre-show or pre-concert dining.
A word from W Bistro at 1010
W Bistro at 1010 is located in the heart of the Honolulu Cultural District at the Medical Arts Building (across from Blaisdell Concert Hall and the Honolulu Museum of Art School). Our vision is to bring you a delicious New American cuisine menu supporting Hawaii's local food producers in a beautiful neighborhood bistro setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
W Bistro at 1010 - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
W Bistro at 1010 reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BYO!!JenzerDined on 10/12/2014Good, simple fresh dishes in a casual atmosphere. No corkage on the wine. Excellent place to dine after an event at the Blaisdell (across the street) or a movie. Definite👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the operaShirleyDined on 10/12/2014What a great place for dinner after the opera! Close by and nice cozy atmosphere. My favorite is the scallops under the appetizer section but it's enough to be the entrée to go with the big salad. Been there several times and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. My salmon and my husband's opakapaka was done just right, and the servings of vegetable and rice were just right----no leftovers. The crab cakes we ordered as an appetizer was so good, my husband said 2 orders of the crab cakes alone would have made a fine dinner. Not yet a year old, this establishment does not have a liquor license and so it's BYOB. A portion of the restaurant opens up to overlooking a small park. The only complaint is that there are tiny moths that are attracted to the light of the restaurant in the evenings and can be annoying. No, they don't come in swarms, but there were 3 or 4 that hovered above our food.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencePikaDined on 10/10/2014Great location, nice ambience, good food (priced reasonably), attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently satisfyingsurfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is my third time at W Bistro and every time has been surprisingly good, as I had come to expect something less from the previous restaurant at this location. Had the onaga fish of the day and as usual it was a large portion that was tender but was slightly overcooked for my taste. Pear and beet salad was very enjoyable as usual although it seemed like they used apples instead of pears. Had a bite off the scallop appetizer which was awesome. Will be coming back again and again, especially since they allow BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSharleeDined on 10/2/2014I was expecting more. The beet/pear and the watermelon/feta salads I thought were going to be in whole pieces not chopped up. The steak had hunks of fat on one edge and was OK. The breaded chicken was dry. The salmon was tasty but glistened with oil.
- Fantastic serviceJayRodDined on 9/21/2014The food was great and our waiter Sky was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood Gempattibee2Dined on 9/19/2014This was my second experience and once again had a delicious meal. My guest and I were made to feel special and comfortable. The food is so fresh and the perfect amount. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not last time as a dinerHnlDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food. Portions were very generous. It was a good thing we decided to share the beet salad and brownie dessert. BYOB and no corkage charge made it an even more great value for dining. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great place for Blaisdell shows!ERubioDined on 8/16/2014We've come here before a show twice now and both experiences have been great. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few kinks . . .SACJDined on 8/16/2014The people at W Bistro are lovely and eager to please. There is no corkage fee and that is quite attractive. We brought champagne and red wine with us, and the tables are too small for the champagne ice bucket, the flutes, the champagne, the red wine glasses and the red wine itself. I suggest the ice bucket be on a stand instead of on the table. They also need to figure out how to shade diners' eyes from the setting sun. Umbrellas attempt to do the job, but it is not successful. The food was uneven - the artichoke feta flatbread was delicious and the house salad was bright, crisp and refreshing. The crab dip was just okay. Pasta special was just okay; my husband liked the seafood coconut curry. Has promise; needs work.Special Features:
- Night outMusicfanDined on 8/16/2014It was a great find for dinner before a concert. The onaga special was delicious. We had reservations and were there early enough to get a table that avoided the late afternoon sun. Enjoyed the meal and plan to return.Special Features:
- Great place to share a bottleLuv2BYOBDined on 8/15/2014Great place to share a bottle of your own favorite wine, with someone else cookingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood gem3rin3miDined on 8/6/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go to 1010 "W Bistro" for his birthday dinner and to check out my friend's art exhibit, Island Splendor (please go see it, it's awesome). Friendly & fast service, BYOB with free corkage (Longs nearby), convenient location, parking lot and street parking, nice outdoor seating, and delicious food! He knew exactly what he wanted, the 1010 Burger. He loves his burgers and was quite satisfied with this one. It was tasty and just the right size. I ordered the Beet and Pear Salad. It was perfect. Refreshing and hearty. We will definitely go again! It's also great that they support the local artists!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Good food - remember to byob if you are so inclinedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisesurfoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Relaxing venue across the NBC concert hall was a pleasant surprise, as I was expecting something akin to its predecessor, La Guignol, which had gone downhill over the last year or two. Decided to give it a try. Enjoyed all that we ordered starting with the beet salad (LARGE), which was more than enough for two. Had the fish of the day and rib steak for our main dishes. Fish was very fresh and the steak was huge. Ended with sharing the chocolate cake with a delicious scoop of macadamia nut gelato. Great way to end the evening. We will definitely be back with friends.Special Features:
- Good meal, good servicedebDVIPDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed the pear and beet salad. had the fresh fish, snapper. Nice sauce. Enjoyable meal, great spot for a pre-dinner before a Blaisdale event but small place so would need a reservation. Also BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W BistroBernardDined on 7/25/2014W Bistro is a charming restaurant that serves wonderful lunches and dinners. The atmosphere is subdued and somewhat intimate. I have enjoyed lunch with a group of friends and I have enjoyed dinner with a special friend. For dinner my friend and I had the Mahi Mahi that was prepared to perfection. The food and wait service is excellent. The restaurant is centrally located and within walking distance to The Museum of Art and the Neil S. Blaisdell Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dining experienceAnonymousDined on 7/20/2014We brought some out of town friends here for dinner and W Bistro did not disappoint. The food was delicious and our waiter Sky was very attentive. While I generally enjoy an outdoor table, this time we were seated very close to a large party of 8 and another party of 6. On this particular night, I felt that our table was a bit cramped. I think the outdoor dining area tends to suit the larger groups better than the smaller ones.Special Features:
- W Bistro at 1010 is a winnerPalakaWineGroupDined on 7/20/2014Chef Pat Comer has rejuvenated dining at the Medical Arts Building. This is a great spot for anyone going to a concert at the Blaisdell Concert Hall or Arena because it's right across the street. The food is delicious and there's something for everyone. You can BYOB with only a $10 charge per table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and BYOB!LSH76VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good food carefully prepared. Open air setting. Attentive service.Special Features:
- I'm pickyDavidVIPDined on 7/10/2014I am very picky about food. The food here was absolutely the best you can get.Special Features:
- Excellent until entree cameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had the watermelon feta salad, seared scallops, and shrimp artichoke flatbread to start off our meal. All of those dishes were excellent. We ordered the opakapaka entree. I love this fish so I was really looking forward to our entree. Unfortunately, I was terribly disappointed. The fish tasted salty without much flavor. It was crispy in some areas and the texture tasted dry. It made a great meal turn into a mediocre meal. I might try the Bistro again and try either their salmon or mahimahi fish entree the next time. I wanted to give them 5 stars but this entree was terribly disappointing.Special Features:
- Always pleasant dinning experienceMichelleDined on 7/5/2014The food is consistently good and the staff is always friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to my Top 5TheLadyoftheHiddenTowerDined on 6/25/2014On our list of likes were (1) the beet and pear salad - I would consider making this a meal next time because it's tasty AND large enough to share, (2) the BBQ grilled flatbread, (3) seared sea scallops, (4) the white chocolate and blueberry bread pudding, and (5) chocolate brownie and macadamia nut gelato. My boyfriend liked the seafood curry but at that point I think I was too full to enjoy it. We both agreed that we would probably not order the pork belly next time because it wasn't as flavorful as the other dishes. The only downside for me was 1) the flies, which occasionally bothered our eating area because we are across the street from the park and 2) don't sit facing the sun around sunset.Special Features:
- ATDocDined on 6/25/2014A great neighborhood find. As the Kakaako version of Honk Kong rises, this gem will surpass whatever eateries come along with the new buildings. Don't get snarled in the Ward St and Kapiolani Blvd. traffic. Just drive to Young St, or the Blaisdell, and enjoy this hidden treasure.Special Features:
- After theater spotShirleyDined on 6/22/2014A great place to have dinner before or after a concert or opera. Location is convenient and service makes it special. It was my second time and I brought friends who wanted to try it out. The scallops were yummy like I remembered. Everyone tried a different dish to try. The verdict on the food may have been more enthusiastic except for the fact that the main course was cold by the time we got to eat it. We were not quite finished with the salad and the appetizer and the main meal were served at the same time. Hopefully this will get fixed. We will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValueGourmayDined on 6/22/2014The seafood curry was a little skimpy on the seafood for $33. All of the salads seemed overpriced at $12 for the amount given. The pasta special, the mahimahi, and steak was fairly valued. Preparation, presentation, and taste was very good for all dishes. With a $10 corkage for the table, I guess food prices need to be where they are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the W Bistro at 1010 reviews archive.
- Great !FatchickDined on 6/21/2014Food was great - tried what was recommended by others. I was not disappointed. Kawika was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Father's Day @ W Bistro 1010OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Delicious fixed price menu for Father's Day. All items were carefully prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!paniolojimDined on 6/14/2014The salads (like the Weatermelon & Feta Cheese) and the seafood are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food and right in townThqtee6Dined on 6/13/2014W Bistro at 1010 was really good. It was my first time. The watermelon feta salad was very good as well as the wild salmon. I'm very particular when it comes to salmon and fish in general. I rarely eat it. But I would definitely eat the wild salmon again. Very flavorful and tasty, melts in your mouth. Plus BYOB so you can bring your own wine or Prosecco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 6/8/2014Fine for a meal before going to blaisdell. Server very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good.2burntandrareDined on 5/30/2014Even though the chef did not make my steak as requested, it was still good. I normally would ask them to take it back but decided to eat it medium rare anyway, surprisingly it was tender and tasty as long as I did not look at it. Service was good and atmosphere nice. I would definitely go back again. Besides, it has free parking and very close to the concert hall. My daughter really enjoyed her Burger also.
- Great find!reesie78Dined on 5/11/2014Selection of food is delicious and service is excellent! Need to BYOB but that is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyfoodDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful place to dine before heading to a concert, very conveniently located. Loved the fresh fish, watermelon salad, and the deserts. Our servers were friendly and professional, we had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- great spot to dine before a concerthappyfoodDined on 5/7/2014convenient spot across from the Blaisdell concert hall, loved the decor with Hawaiian artwork. the food was wonderful, my friend from Maui was happily impressed by the wonderful scallops, brie/grapes/pesto/shallots flatbread, the steak was moist and juicy, and topped off with the delicious bread pudding desert. Our servers were attentive and friendly, will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful dinner at W Bistro at 1010JADADined on 4/29/2014Had reservation for 5:30 to attend 7:30 Bob Dylan concert at arena. Waited for 2 hrs. to get food. Waitress (Bianca) kept checking with chief on our order and no results just had to keep saying it's coming soon. Very very disappointed!!! Our waitress did all she could do. Our whole meal should have been comped not just salad and soup but corkage fee too. We understand it was busy but we were one of the first guest to arrive and others that came after us ate before us. Good thing we brought wine - needed it. Couldn't even tell you if dinner was good or not had to eat quickly. Sad thing is we've had lunch there and it was delicious.Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 4/19/2014They did a great job handling the pre-concert crowd. Good food and friendly wait staff. Kuko's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on KingPsychwarriorDined on 4/17/2014This is a byob restaurant but it did not detract from dinner. Their special drink was refreshing and satisfying. Dinner was great! The swordfish had the right balance between crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. The coconut curry was not too spicy. They were out of their signature desserts (top 2) but number three was excellent. Great place, unexpected location but easy to find. Parking was not a problem during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.