25135 Park Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagunacliffs.com/vue/index.asp
- Phone: 9494877555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 6:30am-11am daily, Lunch 11:30am-2:30pm Saturday and Sunday only, Dinner 5pm-10pm Friday and Saturday only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Erasmo Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from VUE
Whether you're craving a relaxed ocean-view breakfast or anticipating a romantic anniversary dinner, our restaurant, Vue, is sure to meet your expectations. Our culinary team brings you exceptional California cuisine including the freshest meats and seafood. Our chefs have created a diverse menu, giving a local flair to a number of traditional favorites. A rich and varied wine list and an elegant yet casual atmosphere complete your dining experience. Visit us for breakfast, lunch or dinner and choose from indoor or outdoor seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
VUE reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OK foods, but the view is nice!tq525VIPDined on 8/2/2014Situated inside the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa with great view of the large lawn and the Dana Harbor in the distance. Convenient for hotel guests. The Saturday dinner buffet was good, but not the best. Not enough variety like a normal buffet. The service was very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackVIPDined on 7/24/2014Food was overlooked and dry. Mac and cheese, ribs, chicken, beef all dry!
- Great Honeymoon Trip Dinner!newlywedDined on 7/21/2014Service was spectacular, food was delicious, and the view was beautiful!Special Features:
- joanjoanVIPDined on 7/11/2014We hadn't dined here for many years, so came with no expectations. We we very delighted to find that the food was very good and the restaurant had been redecorated as well. We will come back soon. Also, upstairs we listened to the band Paul Benadou. They were soooo good with all kinds of music. A real treat.Special Features:
- Longing2travelDined on 6/17/2014Patio was uninviting with a pool of water in the corner. Food was average.
- Nice viewFoodmavenVIPDined on 6/7/2014Vue has a view. Pleasant outdoor dining Very good eggs benedict. Burger big but a bit dry. Nice selection of beersSpecial Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the VUE reviews archive.
- If you can't say something nice...DiscerningDinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not recommended at all for any occasion...If not for the location in this beautiful hotel it would be negative stars.
- Poorly trained staff2disappointingDined on 5/24/2014Food was ok for hotel restaurant. Brought very expensive bottle of Red with us to celebrate an occasion. Server brought us small white wine glasses. Politely requested correct glasses without embarrassing him. (Nice polite young man). Server repeatedly started orders with gentlemen instead of ladies. Uninformed about what was on buffet. Clearly untrained. It was Holiday weekend but a coastal resort hotel should be prepared for these Holidays. No excuses. Rest of hotel experience equally as disappointing
- Ok food, great view, bad serviceasyaVIPDined on 5/23/2014While the view is great and the food is decent, I can't imagine worse service than we had there at dinner. Breakfast seemed better.
- 50anniversary50thanniversaryDined on 5/9/2014This was a lovely place, gorgeous view, nice selection on menu and good food.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksvpscls2009Dined on 5/9/2014Service was great. The view is beautiful. Food was beautifully presented and delicious. I have already recommended this restaurant and the hotel to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BrunchSuperbVIPDined on 5/4/2014We ate Sunday Brunch at the VUE in Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa. The setting is lovely on a lawn overlooking the marina and Pacific Ocean. The food is good and plentiful. Reasonable price for such a buffet.Special Features:
- Unforgettable Meal & AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014I'm a repeat diner to Vue @ the wonderful Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. Their food is AMAZING, as is the service - always. It's a bit on the pricey side; however, given the convenience of dining on-property, it was on par with other high-end restaurants (to which we would've had to drive). We will be back as often as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vue has become "standard"OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014Vue has become "standard" for weekend brunch, however, I understand their lovely breakfast buffet is available every day of the week! This visit, we took advantage of their outdoor patio dining, and enjoyed the picture postcard view of Dana Point Harbor. BEAUTIFUL day, framed by their manicured grounds. Perfect Sunday brunch! We've found their breakfast buffet to be of exceptional variety, quality, and presentation. Even while serving ourselves with a buffet format, we've found the wait staff to be attentive. A very nice brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed our expectations.PattiVIPDined on 3/8/2014Since we had checked into the hotel late afternoon, we decided to dine at The Vue, even though we had read mixed reviews on a travel site. Our meals were fantastic!!! Everything we ordered, from starters to dessert were excellent. Of particular note was the ahi tuna entree and the braised beef short ribs. They were incredible. The starter roasted tomato soup was delicious, too. A very unique carrot cake dessert was also of note. If the restaurant would have been open other than Friday and Saturday nights during our stay, we would have dined here again. It was as good as the dinner we had at the nearby Ritz Carlton Hotel, Raya restaurant, later in the week. Not quite the same level of ambiance, but the food was as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen closes at 2:30JohnDined on 2/14/2014At arrival, our waitress said you need to hurry and order, our kitchen closes at 2:30. We booked through open table and our confirmed reservation was, yes, 2:30. Not sure why open table would confirm a reservation at a resturaunt with a closed kitchen. The outside ambiance IPAs good but the menu is very limited.Special Features:
- ExceptionalAnnersDined on 12/25/2013We went on Christmas and they had a special menu and everything was DELICIOUS! What a beautiful place as well. The view at sunset was spectacular! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vue First-timerTegaDined on 12/25/2013Took my two boys here for 6:30am Christmas morning breakfast. The view was BEAUTIFUL! Our server was Jeffrey and he was AWESOME! The manager, Lily stopped by the table to converse with us, she was an absolute delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2013This outdoor dining spot is a beautiful location overlooking dana point. Food and ambience and service highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, a littleJoeyDined on 11/9/2013The food was good, a little pricey for what we got in my opinion. We dinned at diner so there was no View but the location is great.
- This restaurant is a verylcubed8Dined on 11/1/2013This restaurant is a very nice restaurant, I was greeted with my table ready for my 5:30 reservation on a Friday night. I had a corner table with my already purchase bouquet of flowers. The views were amazing, however, I felt they could of sat us in a better view of the sunset however, I didn't request that. The food was amazing and the service was great even though our server was new. The restaurant offered a free bottle of champagne for our occasion which was amazing. I think the only thing that was odd was I felt i rented the whole place out. There was only another table occupied and felt like we had to whisper it was so quiet. I recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Relaxed BrunchOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2013This was our 2nd time at VUE for the breakfast/brunch buffet. Such a lovely location overlooking Dana Point Harbor. The quality of the pre-prepared buffet selections was again very good, and recently refreshed. The omelet bar prepared our custom dish to order. The omelet was cooked just right so that it was light, not dense and wet, as we have experienced at other brunch locations. The atmosphere is relaxed, and we were able to enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace on the patio. Wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive. It did require a few minutes upon arrival for them to sort out their table arrangements, but we were eventually escorted to a nice, shaded table on the patio, as requested in our reservation. Pleasant Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with a View!OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 9/29/2013This was our first dining experience at the VUE. We were pleasantly surprised. We were looking for a new place for brunch with a view in the local area and found this on Open Table. Located inside a Marriott Resort, I was concerned the ambiance might evoke flashbacks from days as a business "road warrior". That, happily, was not at all the case! We dined on the patio and found it to be a quiet, relaxed experience. Beautiful view of Dana Pt. Harbor, ocean breezes, and a lovely breakfast buffet. The buffet is available from 6:30a - 11a every day except Sun when it's available until 1p. It provides a wide assortment of prepared offerings, as well as a custom omelet bar. Everything we sampled was tasty! We may become "regulars".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but otherwise only okDaHapaDined on 9/28/2013We were blessed with a perfect evening in Dana Point and crystal clear skies that provided views of San Diego and Catalina Island. Unfortunately, neither the service nor the quality of the our meals came close to matching the views. We shared the artisanal cheese and both had the short ribs. The cheese plate was good, but the crackers were soggy. Both of us felt the short ribs were dry. My cocktal, a "Southern Gentlemen" was heavy on ice and light on flavor and alcohol. Our entire meal took more than 2 hours, which was good by us as we weren't in a hurry but we had spells of more than 20 minutes without a wait staff to touch up our water glasses, offer additional drinks, etc. Not the kind of service you'd expect from a $200 meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait & Switch??Player4747VIPDined on 9/16/2013VUE is the restaurant at the Marriott Laguna Cliffs in Dana Point. But the day I'd booked, they were rebuilding and the reservation was transferred to the hotel bar. They should know better than to do this. I didn't want a reservation to eat somewhere. I wanted it at the place I selected.
- Sunday brunchRMASDined on 9/15/2013Great view and great brunch buffet selection. Lovely staff ensured drinks were filled and empty plates removed. Enjoyed the late morning brunch and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013First time at the restaurant. Wonderful views and great food. The service was very poor Maybe, not enough employees to wait on the customers.
- 1st DateimbizeDined on 6/1/2013Took the woman of my dreams to this place for our first date, "Just for drinks". We ended up having dinner and then night cap on the patio, closing the place. It was great in every aspect. Price was fair for where we were and what we ate and drank...our 1 year anniversary is next month...maybe we'll come back to do it all over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?SoCalHBDined on 6/1/2013I thought I knew most all lunch spots on or near the beach in the OC but this was a great suprise! Extremely nice waiters and waitresses, very good lunch menu. The view was wonderful and the price wasnt excessive considering the location. Good for lunch with girlfriends, and even though I didn't expierence dinner, on a summer evening out door dining would be perfect! I look forward to dining again on our next trip to Dana Point :-)Special Features:
- Beautiful View!Elayne123VIPDined on 3/24/2013Can't beat the view! If you sit out on the patio stay away from the (gas) fire pit....you'll smell the gas. Other then that, we loved it!Special Features:
- Overpriced cash cowFritzDined on 3/23/2013Vue makes an attempt to be a fine dining restaurant. Unfortunately, the waitstaff come across as high school/college kids with no experience and the food does not fill the bill. The short ribs were bland at best, and the lobster risotto accompanying them was a sticky, gloppy mess with no trace of lobster to be found. The ribeye was good, but really, you have to put in an effort to ruin a steak. An establishment with $40 entrees really has to do better than this to justify its prices.Special Features:
- Must have hit them on an offNaytVIPDined on 3/10/2013Must have hit them on an off day, service was a bit slow, even with only a couple tables there. Food was delicious and the view was great.Special Features:
- First class service from theSouthSoCalDined on 2/23/2013First class service from the Maître D' and our hostess Lauren was one of a kind.Special Features:
- Wonderful Christmas Eve familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Wonderful Christmas Eve family dinner. Service was excellent and food was good.Special Features:
- The food was better than expectedChrisDined on 10/20/2012The food was better than expected for a hotel restaurant. We had made reservations there because it was a wedding anniversary and we were married at the resort.
- The atmosphere as great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012The atmosphere as great. The view to the ocean made for a very relaxing dinner. The service was friendly and helpful. The food I have to say was just okay except for the desserts they were great. The food was good but not memorable for the price.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2012We had a wonderful time. We brought our son and wife from CO and enjoyed the outdoor patio for dining. The service was a little spotty with maybe too many waiting on us. But it was all covered and we were left to really enjoy our evening. Very friendly wait staff and the buffet was very good.Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your TimeLaurenMVIPDined on 7/29/2012I read the reviews online and saw that they were mixed - some people praised the service and others said that it was a terrible experience. Unfortunately for us, it was a terrible experience. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to our reservation. We were seated right away. Which is the only positive part of the experience. The restaurant wasn't busy at all. But, for some reason, we sat at our table for over 15 minutes without a server greeting us or asking us if we would like anything to drink or order. The only thing that we were offered was water. After waiting for about 20 minutes total, we decided to leave. The Ritz Carlton was more than happy to accommodate us on short notice. The Ritz Carlton truly has an amazing brunch!
- You may be surprised thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2012You may be surprised that this is located in a Marriott with a very steep parking charge so be sure to get your dining receipt so you don't pay the $16 valet charge. The food was good, but a pretty limited lunch menu. The view was spectacular, thus the name.Special Features:
- Went for brunch and it hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012Went for brunch and it had a great view of the ocean and overlooked a park. Nice patio area for when the weather is nice. Food was good and lots of choices for brunch. The staff was great and Carlos was the man that took care of us. Never an empty cup or glass.. Thanks..Special Features: