Vue on 30A
4801 W County Hwy 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
Santa Rosa Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vue on 30A
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vueon30a.com/
- Phone: 850-267-2305x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:00 pm-9:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vue on 30A
Join us for an outstanding dining experience and enjoy the sunset from the best Gulf-front venue on 30A.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Vue on 30A - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa Beach ›
Vue on 30A reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)romantic (57)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- Best location between Destin & PCBJimboVIPDined on 9/28/2014classy restaurant brunch so of course eggs Benedict seafood varieties eggs perfectly cooked crab was good downhill from there option of hash browns they were baked cubes the kind I used to serve my kids do they have no pride in florabama the answer is yes waiter so hung over had to ask twice about order then brought wrong drinks. View made up for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something SpecialTulsaTime123Dined on 9/22/2014We celibrated our 25 wedding Anniversary and the Vue was the perfect place. The eating staff, especially Kyle, was the best ever!!! They went out of their way to make it a special night for us. Kyle even took a last moment picture of us at sunset over the water. The food was perfect and right on time with room in between each course. We highly recommend the Vue to couples and will return ourselves when we get a chance. A satisfied CustomerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisasterVuenogudDined on 9/19/2014First impression not good as when we arrived 10 mins early for 730 reservation we were informed by a rude hostess that we were 10 mins early and to please wait for a table.it was apparent that there were more than half of the tables in the main dining room open. When we were seated the waiter not only got drink orders wrong once but twice and seemed very dis -interested in waiting on my guest.Food was very disappointing both quality wise and presentation. When informed waiter of our unhappiness with the food there was no effort or offer to make things right.I searched and ask to see Manager but he was mysteriously unavailable. Terrible experience will not return nor recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!gregandjenDined on 9/18/2014We have been vacationing in the destin area for many years. While we enjoy many of the restaurants in the area, we were so excited to find and dine at Vue on 30A. We played at golf at the Santa Rosa Golf Club and enjoyed a tasty lunch beforehand. We were so impressed we returned for dinner on our last night in Destin. We enjoyed a glass of wine outside before dinner and took in the breathtaking views of the gulf. Our dinner of the pistachio encrusted grouper and salads were amazing! We completed our evening with the key lime pie served in a martini glass. We had a wonderful evening and look forward to our next trip to the area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. The view was stunning. I had scallops that were divine and my husband had the prime rib with shrimp. We also had Caesar salads and escargots. The only negative was that they didn't dim the lights once it got dark outside so it was a little too brightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 9/7/2014Looked at numerous places online for a dinner location and came across Vue on 30A. Great dining experience. We made our second early September visit to Seaside and plan to make it a regular vacation destination. Vue on 30A will be a regular too. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insufficient amount of foodAnniversaryCelebrationDined on 8/31/2014Four of us had dinner and the presentation of the food was absolutely beautiful. However, we were all disappointed with the amount of food we were given considering the cost for each entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousjugodevinoDined on 8/31/2014I've dined here several times and have never been disappointed. The meal has been consistently excellent and the view is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT AS USUALGaryDined on 8/29/2014One of the best on the emerald coast. We go here quite often and have never been disappointed. The most selections on the menu for all tastes. About a 20 minute drive from Destin with the best view of the GULF you will see while dining. Gio the chef most often comes out to the tables and checks on the food. Of course he knows most of the diners because they keep coming back.Special Features:
- As Good As it Gets On 30 AJackandDianeDined on 8/28/2014The view sets the mood for the relaxing and inviting experience of dining with friends or family or that special someone. The food definitely competes with the view for top billing. Lunch and dinner were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood!HNC135Dined on 8/22/2014The food was wonderful and our waiter was very attentive. This was definitely a "special occasion" place. We would recommend this place to others. The only complaint we had was that we went early and to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail and we were never "waited" on and had to stand up at the bar to get our own drinks. And we waited a very long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view yes ! The food No!Luv2DineVIPDined on 8/21/2014We dined at many restaurants on 30a while on vacation . This was the only one that the food did not live up to the price. The view was awesome and our service good. Too many good restaurants in the area ... We won't be back .Special Features:
- Great view!DebbieDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful setting. The whole dining experience was a little inconsistent however. The special whole fish (redfish) tempura fried with chilli sauce was delicious and special. The pan seared snapper was not, however. Waiter seemed inexperienced.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealDickClarkDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful meal. The whole fried red fish was amazing. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb view, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent food, service and view. The pistachio crusted grouper is one of the best dishes I have eaten in a long time. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable and the wine choices were outstanding. Next time we are in the area we will return to Vue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monthly vacationerDissapointedDined on 8/17/2014I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. The server was polite but not jovial. The food was good but not as great as anticipated. The view was fantastic, but did not out weigh our other dissapointments.Special Features:
- Taste explosionlucieDined on 8/16/2014The mariage of flavours was wonderfull. Great chefSpecial Features:
- Disappointed - throw back gourmetFoodiePcolaDined on 8/16/2014While the view may be good, the food is sub par. It is very reminiscent of the nineties where good food was lacking flavor and creativity. It was bland. Not sure if the seafood was fresh, the portion sizes were adequate. Wine offerings were good. It was really like a throw back gourmet experience. I would not be surprised if there are regulars that come to this location every Friday night who have been for 20 years, but the menu and flavor a are outdated and bland. Not to mention outrageously overpriced. I am a foodie who doesn't mind paying big bucks for a great meal, but this was just disappointing.Special Features:
- Shrimp and Grits!jaelb24Dined on 8/15/2014The shrimp and grits were incredible. Probably some of the best grits I've ever had, hands down! The restaurant is a great foodie find, great view of the gulf. The service was great as well.Special Features:
- wowmeDined on 8/11/2014The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. The view and ambiance was very good but the food was horrible. We shared the colossal shrimp which was very over-done. The dish was cold, the sauce bland with large chunks of tomato and strings of onions. No bread was offered with this pasta dish nor was there a spoon in the setting at all. The wine was old, which perhaps could have been avoided if we had ordered a bottle. Over all this was a disappointment.
- Beautiful view onlyBetlavDined on 8/10/2014It was our second time at the restaurant. It was pricey and the food wasn't worth it. Both veal dishes overcooked. My fruits de mar was also overcooked the seafood was tough. Our first time the food was tasty, but my lamb chops had way to much fat on them more than meat. Foodie prices , but not foodie quality. Great bar though-excellent drinks!
- Amazing placeLeePDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time to Vue, but will certainly not be our last...the view and ambience is simply outstanding. The staff was very friendly and attentive. And the food was amazingly good as well. As locals, we will definitely be back here more often.Special Features:
- DinnerLocalsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service. They sat us in the back room a row away from the window. But we had made our reservations late and we still had a beautiful view. The only draw back was the large party with 5 unruly children. But View can not control bad parenting.Special Features:
- Great drinks but that's about itSjennylsuDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I attended Vue on 30a while on vacation. A friend recommended it to us as a romantic dining experience with great drinks, food, and service. Sadly, the drinks were the only memorable part of our evening. We had a 8pm reservation and were sat promptly. We sat there for 20 minutes waiting for a server to come to our table. I finally got up and told the hostest that we would like a server. 5 mins later a very dry, uncharismatic, unapologetic, slow waiter arrived. He asked if we wanted another cocktail and we told him we would like to order and look at the wine list. We ordered all our salad, app, and entrees all at once. Another 20 mins pass and our salad, bread, and apps arrive (45mins+ before a single food item arrived).Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSoWalLocalDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on a Thursday night. The reservations through OpenTable was easy and we got our first choice of our dinner time. Parking was ample. The ambiance including the Gulf view was spectacular. We had the bacon wrapped venison appetizer, which was fantastic. I had the Fried Caprase salad and my wife had the deconstructed Ceasar. Both were great. For our entrees I had the whole Red Snapper special and my wife had the filet with bacon new potatoes. The service was spot on. The food was presented at a leisurely pace. The waitstaff was very attentive but not overbearing. I would recommend the Vue to anyone that wants to celebrate a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Was disappointed from the start...restaurant was hosting a dinner for a large organization that evening. The main dining room was closed for the private party. That essentially eliminated any chance of a gulf view dining. What we did get was seated on deck with a huge roaring fan in our face. The food and wait staff all seemed tired. One of the worst dining experiences ever!! And as a bonus there isn't enough parking. I dropped my party off at the door and had to wait for someone to leave to park. Very, very disappointing!!
- One of the BestGaryDined on 7/26/2014One of the Best on the Emerald Coast. Have been here quite often and always very good food and service. The view from the dining room is outstanding. The menu offers the greatest selection of entrees for you to choose from and Gio the outstanding Chef always has specials. From Destin you have to drive about 15 minutes but don't let that stop you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe 30ASampansVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time back in many years....why did we wait so long? From the valet parking to the hostess greeting, to meeting David our waiter, the entire experience was outstanding. Service was attentative without being intrusive, the noise level was low which means you can have a conversation with your guests. The wine list stretches on, you can find some impressive names, and they do have great martini's. I order the Grouper and my wife ordered the hit of the table....the bone in chop. My girls ordered quail and crabcakes as entrees. The food was fantastic. Polished off with desserts and great, hot coffee. Highly recommend this restaurant. Not inexpensive, but you will not mind.Special Features:
- BGriesDined on 7/25/2014Great food and great ambiance. Very expensive though, and our waitress seemed new. She was not as knowledgable of the menu as she could have been and had no idea what gluten or celiac were. Luckily the chef did! Still, the food came out quickly enough and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Amazing steak, salads and soups. Bread hot out of the oven. Decent complimentary wines. Ironically my fish dinner was the worst of the group as it was tasteless and inadequate portion. Desserts left much to be desired. Beautiful views and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstanding! Best ever!TechieDined on 7/24/2014This was the best dinner experience we have ever had! No joke! Go eat at Vue on 30a! Hands down, best food, atmosphere, view and did I say the food was good? Go, especially for a special occasion. You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE VIEWaseidelDined on 7/21/2014Great view, had guest in from out of town who had never been there. I told them this was one of my favorite restaurants. We had a great table, good service and their food was good. I ordered a filet med-rare, it came out well done, i returned it and the next one came out RARE! Come on people how hard is it to cook a med-rare fillet mignon? I just said forget it since all others were done eating. I had a wonderful meal of green beans and mashed potatoes! The server did apologize and took it off the bill although the manager never came over.Special Features:
- 30As Best30AeatsDined on 7/16/2014WE had went to Santa Rosa Beach Club where the Vue is located when we lived in the area. It was good but not like it is today. We recently moved back to 30A and have not joined as a social member, largely because of the restaurant, The Vue. There are very few choices for oceanfront dining on 30A and this is the best. The chef, staff and menu are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialAndyWVIPDined on 7/12/2014First time dining at Vue on 30A met my expectations. The view was spectacular and every serving was meticulously prepared. Thoroughly enjoyed the fresh seafood options. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Right2beachbumsDined on 7/12/2014Looking for a memorable spot to celebrate our wedding anniversary and found it in a window seat at the Vue. Endless Gulf panorama. Interesting menu. Reasonable portions well prepared and presented. Attentive, but not hovering service. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Be careful of your table selectionT123Dined on 7/11/2014Was outside too close to music. Amplied music was too loud for conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appalling serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/7/2014We dined at Vue on a Monday evening with the restaurant at 50% capacity. The main issue with our disappointing experience was poor service. We waited an hour after placing our orders for entrees to arrive with no sign of our server; no drink orders, bread, or even an update on status. In fact, we thought she may have gone home. Another server later informed us "the kitchen is slammed" which was surprising with half of the tables empty. We planned to address this with the manager as we were leaving but he and the front desk staff were also MIA. I noticed he was busy returning meals to the kitchen from another table so it's likely he was a bit overloaded.Special Features:
- Vue DinningSea28Dined on 7/5/2014The restaurant/bar is beautiful. The view looking out over the gulf was absolutely perfect. Our waiter was friendly and gave us good service. The food itself was just okay. The Wedge salad along with the spinach salad was very bland, not much flavor. The Halibut fish plate was terrible. I think the fish was actually bad. My girlfriend had two bites and left it. We didn't say anything to the waitress about it. The Tuna special that night was good but not much tuna on the plate for $42. The desert was mediocre. It was a trio of chocolates. Again not much flavor. Would I go back? Probably not, too many other nice restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Had 5:45 reservation and was seated promply. Great oceanfront view and the meal was awesome.Special Features:
- View was the best partOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014We had a nice dinner, but the food was not the reason why.Special Features: