201 East Main Street, 15th Floor
Lexington, KY 40507Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vue-lex.com/
- Phone: 8595230333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ray Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: April Gillispie 8593332070
A word from VUE
VUE Restaurant offers a wide variety of cuisine 15 stories atop the Chase Tower in downtown Lexington, KY. Enjoy American fusions, seafood, the Bluegrass's Best Premuim steaks, as well as sushi. Our breathtaking view of Lexington, on the 15th floor, and exquisite food will leave you Amazed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
VUE reviews from OpenTable diners
- If your goal is a nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013If your goal is a nice dinner go somewhere else. The place feels like a nite club that wants to be a high end restraunt. Food was adequate, service was polite but overall we were disappointed.
- Staff was very pleasant; gaveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2013Staff was very pleasant; gave us a tour so we could take in all of the wonderful views. Food was terrific.Special Features:
- Service was really poor, weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Service was really poor, we had a reservation at 8:30, got there at 8:15, but didnt get to place our food order until we 9:15. We waited at the table for 45 minutes before our server came to us.
- No valetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Valet gone? Kinda missed it from before. Everything else was excellentSpecial Features:
- Will not be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2013The VUE is definitely not on par with other “high end” restaurants in Lexington, KY. Upscale appearance and price. Food was mediocre at best. Very noisy due to concrete floor and open ceiling. Service staff was the only saving grace. However, I will not return.
- Good but not greatNOPEPPERSVIPDined on 2/9/2013Our dinners were good, although my strip steak steak had a bit of an odd flavor to it. Not necessarily bad, just a little off of what I was expecting. The roasted 1/2 head of garlic served on top of the mashed potatoes was a nice touch. We did have to ask the waiter if there were any specials. That's information I would think he would eagerly offer before taking our orders. All in all, it was good but I think it was a little pricey for the product. I also don't think it should be described as a steakhouse as there were plenty of other things on the menu from pizzas to pastas to seafood and only about 4-5 steaks. I can't say I'll be back anytime soon as there are plenty of other spots in town where I feel I get better value for mySpecial Features:
- We went on a Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013We went on a Wednesday night and were there for almost two hours. There were no other patrons in the restaurant the whole time we were there. Because we were the only table we joked that at least we'll get great service, but our server kept his distance at times when we were looking for him. The food was really good and 3 of our party of 6 ordered steaks that were prepared exactly as ordered. The only thing that I heard negative comments on was the Caesar dressing on the Caesar salad. It had a very strong and unpleasant taste. The food seems overpriced. Overall we had a delicious dinner (we were celebrating birthdays) and our server was very nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- We had dinner at the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had dinner at the view on New Years Eve. There was a Prix Fixe menu that evening. Choice between 3 appetizers, 2 salads, and 3 entries. This was my first time here since it became "The Vue", I had eaten here several times over the years when it was Lafayette Club and Bakers 360. I had concerns after reading several online reviews, but we had no problems! The food was very good, the waitress was knowledgeable about the menu, service was prompt, the table was ready when we arrived. The prices were about the same as we would have spent at any other "higher end" restaurant in Lexington. Very good overall experience!Special Features:
- uninformed waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We asked our waiter if the tenderloin on the menu was beef or pork and he told us 'pork'. When the food came out the tenderloin was beef (which was a nice surprise for my husband, but if I'd have known it was beef, I would have ordered it too :().
- Went here for my anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Went here for my anniversary because we wanted a quiet romantic night with no kids. I was impressed with the food and resturant except that ESPN was on. If I wanted a sport bar atmosphere I would have paid a quarter of the price and went some where else. It really took away from the romatic aspect of the resturant because it was very loud and distracting. The girl working at the bar was sitting there reading a book the whole time also which I felt was inappropriate. This resturant is great but they need to focus on either quiet and romantic or loud and sports bar.Special Features:
- A Graduation Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We celebrated our son's graduation from the University of Kentucky at the best corner table in the restaurant with views of town. It was a great place for such a special occasion. We traveled from Texas so when I booked this reservation I did it from the reviews online.Special Features:
- We had dinner on 11/3. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/3/2012We had dinner on 11/3. Our server was Liz and she did an excellent job. Great timing, attentive but not over bearing and offered excellent suggestions regardng the food. The three of us shared the Turf and Surf sushi roll which we all enjoyed. I had a light dinner consisting of the New England Clam Chowder which was superb. Lots of tasty ingredients and excellent broth. Bay scallops, an appetizer. for main course was also very good. My wife had the Clam Chowder and the Braised Pork Belly, another appetizer, as her main course. Also superb. Grandson had the 16 oz. ribeye, medium rare. Cooked to perfection, excellent taste. He cleaned his plate. All in all wonderful meal. I highly recommend this restaurant.
- It took a while to be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012It took a while to be seated even though we had a reservation and there were empty tables, but we sat at the bar, which was nice and the service once we were seated was exceptional. The manager stopped by to check to see if we enjoyed our meal which was also nice. Prices are high, but we used a Groupon which cut them in half. It would be a great place on a clear night with a window table.Special Features:
- If this place is going toOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/27/2012If this place is going to make it, service must improve. 'Fine dining' is not leaving menus & used plates stacked on the table throughout dinner or having to ask for refills or waiting 15minutes for your bar drink when the place isn't crowded. Food was good & view is great, but not enough to bring me back.Special Features:
- You can't beat the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012You can't beat the view! Our server was very attentive and my entree (the filet) was prepared perfectly. My husband ordered the special that evening (a larger filet) and was not impressed as it was tough and overcooked. We'll give it another try and hope that both entrees impress next time!Special Features:
- Everyone was very personable.MeenamoDined on 10/20/2012Everyone was very personable. We enjoyed the waiter's energy. The manager, Chris, was very friendly and seemed to be genuinely concerned with our experience. Both the waiter and manager were knowledgeable of the menu and made great recommendations. We had a very enjoyable date night and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- View excellent, kitchen slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012Our party arrived for sushi and a great time. There were only three parties in the whole dining area. One friend ordered and the waiter came back fifteen minutes later to say there was no steak as there was a party the night before. He ordered something else and another fifteen minutes passed for them to come back and say there was no crab. He ordered a drink and they didn't carry that either after ANOTHER fifteen minutes Service was attentive but the kitchen was exceptionally slow. The server was new and didn't even realize they served sushi.Special Features:
- They made our trip enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2012The manager was great! He gave us a special seat and even told us about some of the upcoming construction and issues with development. They had some computer problems, but more than made up for it. Our server was very helpful attentive and positive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Not outstanding, and overly pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012I went with my husband for a date night to Vue. We had a Groupon, which definitely made the dinner worth it. However, I would not necessarily recommend this restaurant without that type of discount. The dinner menu had very little selection, and the prices seem to have jumped recently. If choosing between Vue and a Malone's type place, I would definitely choose the latter in the future. In addition, we ordered a type of pork belly appetizer. It was a very small portion, which we expected, but it also came out cold. Dinner also took about 45 minutes to come out from the time we ordered. We were not in a hurry, but I was definitely overly hungry by the time it came to our table. The service was fine.
- Great view of LexingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Nice restaurant, great view. Quality of food doesn't quite match the prices.Special Features:
- I thought the place was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012I thought the place was Great and I would go back..Special Features:
- VUE--The Name Says it All!EatinGUDinthaHoodDined on 9/29/2012One of our faves. Great views of Lexington and some of the better sushi in the area. Ribeye is fantastic and supporting local business. Vue is something you might expect to find in a larger city...tastes to suit many and a cool vibe as well.Special Features:
- Give the Vue a try - great food.TravelGirlVIPDined on 9/15/2012This was our first time dining at Vue and we were impressed. Our server was excellent - full of suggestions, friendly and very easy to deal with. Food was very good - sushi was a little uneven but tasted great, crab cakes were tasty, full of crab and sitting on a yummy spicy aioli. Entrees were both seafood (bass and snapper) and both were prepared as ordered, served hot and with delicious sides. The only negative was the arancini which were tough on the outside and doughy on the inside. Drink menu was interesting and drinks were well-prepared - - it took a while to get a drink but all else was good. Entire staff was friendly and helpful and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- The service was slow and sub-standaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012The service was slow and sub-standard. Food was good. Will probably not recommend and will not go back.Special Features:
- We made our reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012We made our reservation for the Vue with Opentable.We requested and received window seating.We had a very nice evening at the Vue.The service was outstanding.We enjoyed a light meal of appitizers and sushi, both were excellent.Special Features:
- AMAZING food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Don't be put off by the overly casual wait staff, the food here is amazing. Our waiter kept coming over to tell us "funny" stories of stuff that had happened to him or in the restaurant, and even apologized for the fact that they didn't have bread to serve. We had no idea we were supposed to get bread so it was weird to tell us that we were supposed to have it but that we couldn't have it. The sushi rolls were fantastic, with quite a few options containing raw beef that was quite tasty. I ordered the mahi mahi and found that the risotto wasn't too mushy with a delicate flavor. The mahi mahi wasn't dry or overseasoned either. I was very pleased, as was my boyfriend who had the shrimp and cheesy grits with red-eye gravy. It was also superb.Special Features:
- Sushi very good except a littleratrrDined on 8/17/2012Sushi very good except a little on mild side. Too much salt spoiled the main dishes. We had a salmon and chicken dishes.Special Features:
- The view is so wonderful itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012The view is so wonderful it is a shame the food was not a little better.Special Features: