Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City
2 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jerseycity.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp#200004
- Phone: 2014694650
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 6:30am-11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Catherine Kearney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The staff at Hyatt Regency Jersey City can accommodate any special event or party, leaving lasting memories for you and your guests.
Our culinary team will focus on every detail. The cuisine is prepared using the freshest seasonal ingredients. To enhance your experience, we will customize our menus to your exact specifications to make your vision a reality.
- Special Events: We take pride in every event, treating each one as a new opportunity for creativity and originality. Far exceeding the “expected”, we work diligently to become an integral part of the event.
A word from Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City
Dine with a view at Vu, one of the next-generation Jersey City restaurants. Featuring cuisine with a flair. Your exceptional experience will be capped off with panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty. After dining at one of the most spectacular restaurants in Jersey City, enjoy a cocktail at Vu Lounge. Sip a martini or one of our exceptional wines while enjoying the activity of New York Harbor as Lady Liberty keeps watch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)special occasion (27)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- adh1VIPDined on 9/17/2014Service was really slow and not at all coordinated among staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalled ViewJimCDined on 9/17/2014You can't find a view like this ANYWHERE in the New York area. Food was good but not really gourmet. Restaurant is casual (no shorts or torn jeans). Service is excellent. Never felt rushed.Special Features:
- What a viewJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014On a weekend getaway with my wife for her birthday, we stayed at the Hyatt and had dinner at Vu. And, what a view it has. Simply amazing. The food was excellent and the service top notch. My long experience with hotel restaurants has not been memorable. But, at Vu, you would not even think you are in a hotel. This is a top notch restaurant with much better than average food. The Chef, Chris, heard it was my wife's birthday and came out with a special pork belly app. Hand delivered by the chef. What a nice treat. The rest of our meal was also top notch. The server (can't remember his name) was also amazing. The hostess, Jazmay (?) was a sweetheart and very accommodating. What a great Birthday weekend. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHIQUITA635VIPDined on 8/30/2014The view is amazing it is like you're not in Jersey City but another place. I think their need to work on their dishes and service a little more. Overall is was just okay.Special Features:
- The View of The Vufoodie242Dined on 8/29/2014My husband & I really enjoyed ourselves at The Vu. The view of downtown Jersey City's waterfront & of NYC with the floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows was spectacular. Our waiter was personable & professional. He checked on us several times without smothering us. The food was good and prepared to our liking. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Memerable Dining ExperienceBocaBoomerVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is the first time I had dinner at the Vu. I have had lunch here on my past visits to Jersey City and had an opportunity to experience dinner so I didn't pass that up. The unparalleled view of lower Manhattan's skyline at twilight is second to none. The menu selections are varied and intriguing and were thoroughly enjoyed by all in my party. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Needs some workplannerDined on 8/16/2014This is really a hidden gem but the place looks tired. The view, of course, is amazing. The service and food were good too. I think if the Hyatt spiffed the place up a bit it might be a bigger draw. We were there on a Sat night, at sunset, and not too many diners. Just small things like the wood table was scratched and messy made it less than stellar. I'd go back as it's a great spot on a beautiful night but I'd wear jeans and lower my expectations!Special Features:
- TerribleFavoriteVIPDined on 8/14/2014This place has nothing to offer, even the view is nicer from the promenade. Food was terrible and expensive, the waiter needs to go and learn English and than do some speech therapy. The place has no ambiance, the chef has no imagination, need to go learn about food and how to cook. In short, do not waste your time and money.
- Perfect for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I reserved here for our 15 years anniversary and my wife's birthday. The restaurant is very cooperated to my requests and even gave us a small cake with a little candle. The food is very tasty and is not too expensive along with the view of downtown. Even in this restaurant, only 4 tables can have a completed view of the whole downtown & the new World Trade Center. We had one, so my wife can brag for it. There were also a super rich guy sit by our table. We don't know who he is but the manager come out for him and he has a bodyguard stand by the table to block others' view. That is another thing my wife is bragging for... Anyway, that night was so unforgettable for my wife per she said. I feel completely worthy for what I had paid for!Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Service well done. Food was was excellent including wonderful salmon and pork chop. Tomato soup classic very tasty. A must visit restaurant with a special feel to it.Special Features:
- alfiDined on 7/29/2014great service, greate food, best attention. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6th Year AnniversaryKayeDined on 7/24/2014I would really recommend this place for a great view , while you're enjoying the your dinner. The food was okay, I would rate it 3.5 out of 5! But the staff was superb, they were really helpful from choosing the wine and food because, it's our first time to try the place, and it was a very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!NickT21Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very good time, the food was absolutely delicious and so were the desserts. The atmosphere was very nice and the view of downtown amazing. We'll definitely go back there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Had an informal business lunch meeting here. Limited menu but excellent views of NYC. Nice!!Special Features:
- Attentive staffnelsonjcDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed the Salmon immensely. Crab cake appetizer was very good. Portions were perfect. Best view of nyc period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 6/23/2014We had the breakfast buffet, which had a great variety of different foods for a variety of tastes. The coffee was delicious, and especially enjoyed the chocolate croissants, which I usually do not eat for breakfast, but was willing to make an exception. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZekeDined on 6/21/2014Had a reservation for 7. Planned on watching the skyline turn colors with the sunset and we weren't disappointed. I had the strip steak and my wife had the filet. We were both very pleased with the meal. Dessert was a cappuccino with chocolate lava cake also very good. Waitress was very friendly and checked to see if all was ok.. Parking was 10 dollars after validation from the Vu. Afterwards a nice waterfront stroll to reduce the guilt from the lava cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 6/21/2014The Vu has a spectacular "vu" of lower Manhattan, even if your table is not right at the window. The staff was very friendly and attentive, adding pleasure to our dining experience. The food was prepared just right, and was delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEENJVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day Brunch. This restaurant, located in the Hyatt Hotel, has good, American food. What stands out is the view - large windows overlooking the Hudson and NYC skyline. The dining room is spacious, and it was quiet so we were able to have a conversation.Special Features:
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014The restaurant had a great location with a great view. The staff were very friendly. The food was good but not the greatest.Special Features:
- Great viewTavrofanVIPDined on 6/5/2014A quiet restaurant with great view of NYC. Food was pretty good. Server was friendly but it took a long time for our food to come out. It's a great place to dine, relax and enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!FramboisVIPDined on 6/3/2014Chose The Vu Restaurant because of its location and 1,000 point feature. Have gone back a couple of times because of the excellent food, service, and the fantastic view of NYC. Lots of great menu choices from make your own salads to unusual sandwiches, soups, appetizers, and entrees. Accent is on fresh, seasonal, and natural. It's in the Hyatt hotel, but don't let that stop you from trying this wonderful lunch spot!Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 6/1/2014Loved the buffet breakfast/lunch experience. Mohammad our waitperson - very professional, perfect service. He made it such a great experience. Job well done....Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Loved my experience at this amazing restaurant. Service by Luis perfect. reception warm. food fantastic. Pork chops, the best. Caesar Salad nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Aem119Dined on 5/30/2014The food was delicious with enough portion. Dessert was excellent. Service was excellent. Enjoyed all thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous viewWestchesterchickDined on 5/24/2014This place has a beautiful view. The food is pretty pricey but the view is definitely worth it.Special Features:
- The following 287 reviews are from the Vu Restaurant @ Hyatt Jersey City reviews archive.
- Great breakfastOaklandresidentDined on 5/21/2014Took my family for breakfast and had a great meal. The view was stunning, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious. I will be going back for dinner soon!Special Features:
- Fantastic Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My mom, brother & myself all had a great time at this lovely restaurant with the best view of the downtown sky line. Great food, service, ambience. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View is GreatHorse4lightDined on 5/10/2014The Vu has always been a favorite of mine for brunch on Mothers Day. But they disappointed us last year and we went somewhere else. However, because of the view, we did have dinner there one night. The food is very good, but the menu is really too limited for a full-scale restaurant. Fine for a hotel, but not for a place to consider just going out for an evening.Special Features:
- Amazing viewRookieDined on 4/28/2014I just moved to the area, went to VU for my girlfriend's bday. We both loved it. Service was great, food was amazing, and the view was spectacular.. Def a place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service mediocre foodCraigVIPDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful staff and a killer view of NYC, but for the price the food doesn't cut itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, VuMickyFinnDRIDined on 4/18/2014I'd picked this venue pretty much back in November 2013 based on the view and the food in equal measure. Neither disappoints! I found the lady on the front desk (Shanaya?) very helpful and friendly and all the servers were very efficient, knowledgeable and attentive. Had the crab cake starter followed by the rib eye, all in all a very pleasant experience in a very pleasant locationSpecial Features:
- Manhattan SkylineBocaBoomerVIPDined on 4/10/2014This was my second visit to the "Vu" and what an uncompromising vista it provides. With unobstructed views, we enjoyed a 50 yard line vantage point for the mesmerizing architectural splendor of the Freedom Tower and a quick gaze south to the Statue of Liberty at the mouth of the Hudson River. Truly a nonpareil visual experience complemented by attentive service and above average luncheon fare. Reward yourself with a relaxing lunch at the Hyatt's 'Vu'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable restaurant.ComereDined on 4/7/2014Very enjoyable restaurant. The view was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service by people eagerArturVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great service by people eager to give you the best service. The food is very good as well. The view of Manhattan is superb. You get the impression of dining on a ship in the Hudson. My only reservation is that the portions are a bit small.Special Features:
- Love the VuHugefoodieVIPDined on 4/2/2014The Vu never disappoints. The Black Bass was phenomenal. My server provided outstanding service! The view across the river to NYC is always phenomenal.Special Features:
- The view at the VuHorse4lightDined on 3/30/2014As always, nothing beats the view from a window-side table. But lunch was exceptional with a great catch of the day and the service was efficient and invisible, which is always the best. No chatty waiters, no interruptions. Well-trained staff. Still one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular View...GigiDined on 3/21/2014Food was good. I ordered the black bass special and substituted the brussel sprouts for the roasted tomato couscous. The fish was delicious but the cous cous was a little bland. My boyfriend ordered a steak which he also said was good however the quinoa was bland as well. It seems like the side dishes were not seasoned. Everything came out with a nice presentation. Service was a little slow but I would still go back and try it again. I was kind of surprised to see that it was not very busy but everything did taste fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar views; so-so foodRichVIPDined on 3/21/2014Mussel starter was excellent. Crab cake was dry and not much lump. Entrees were acceptable. Dessert had a freezer burn taste.Special Features:
- Celebration with a great VU!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2014Perfect corner table with optimal skyline view-- even had binoculars for those inclined! Birthday celebration and everyone enjoyed their dinners-- crisp duck was especially good! Also appreciated that it was quiet enough to enjoy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.