V's Italiano Ristorante
10819 E. US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
V's Italiano Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (816) 353-1241
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm; Friday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm; Saturday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Hunsucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kansas City's Premier Caterer – four decades strong! Our menu consists of family recipes steeped in tradition and award winning specialties, created by dedicated chefs. Since 1963, satisfaction has been more than a guarantee - it’s a commitment from each member of our team. Be it a wedding reception, engagement party, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner, we would welcome the opportunity to customizing a menu to suit your needs and budget. From formally attired attendants to beautifully garnished displays, we provide all the necessities for every catered function.
- Private Party Facilities: Kansas City's Premier Italian Restaurant has three private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 145 people for Wedding Receptions, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations and Intimate Receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Vita Brooks 8163531241x
- Entertainment: While dining with us, experience the sounds of “Frank, Dean, Sammy and the rest of the Rat Pack.” Our uncompromised service and beautiful atmosphere along with our grape-lined arbors will have you dreaming of Italy. Our menu will have you thinking of Grandma and our wine list is sure to please! Before or after dinner, slip in to our beautiful lounge. Relax and enjoy your favorite beverage or a Martini from our extensive list, catch the game on one of our flat screen TV’s, or simply enjoy the relaxing music while conversing with family and friends. V’s Italiano…Delightful Dining by Candlelight!
A word from V's Italiano Ristorante
Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
V's Italiano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Independence ›
V's Italiano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (48)romantic (48)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (37)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (13)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Just about average...averagejohndoeDined on 11/14/2014The service was great! Cheryl took care of us, and was very friendly and attentive. Food was just ok. It had been several years since I had been there. I ordered chicken spedini, and my wife had the Italian trio. The chicken was just ok, I've had better. The chicken was a little dry, and the noodles it came on were cold. The Italian trio was good, but not great. Overall, I would expect more refinement, or something that would make it stand out. Especially when the total was $50. To me, it didn't seem like a $50 meal. But hey, they've been in business for 50 years now, so what do I know, right?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014V'S has always been a clean, great food and a very friendly atmosphere. The help has been wonderful and very friendly. They are very flexible in changing items on their menu to accommodate your wishes. What else could you ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable meal-Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014We really enjoyed ourselves. It had been a while since we dined at V's, so it was extra special. Thank you for the Veteran's meal. The wine was good, and the veal super. My wife had Chicken, and I tasted it. It was also very good Thanks again for the wonderful meal Kirk & Mary JohnsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingSuperbDined on 11/11/2014I have never had a bad experience here with private dining or a group event.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014They had a pasta table and the mixture put together by the chef was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysTootsDined on 11/11/2014The food is always great. The pasta bar on Tuesdays is wonderful. The service is excellent as always. We always enjoy our night out @ V'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peeweeDined on 11/11/2014Love this place and have for years. The spaghetti cause is wonderful and the portions are great, plus, they serve salad, bread and dessert which is all inclusive in the price. Most restaurants charge for all those things separately. We dine there at least once a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We did the Champagne Brunch for our 30th wedding anniversary. Loved the food! Service was excellent and the waitress we had was very attentive. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful place-good foodGrammyDined on 11/3/2014Everything was wonderful. I really don't like most Italian restaurants. I don't like to go any where more than once, but I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come on Down!KariAnn67Dined on 11/2/2014We came to V's restaurant Sunday night to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. This was a very special night. Our service was a delight, the food excellent and the ambiance romantic. Our favorite appetizer (the roasted garlic one, I forget its name) was such a joy! My mouth waters now remembering it! We enjoyed ourselves and will return again for any special event or any other time we wish to experience an outstanding dining out occasion. Thanks for your service to our neighborhood and City. KariAnn 67Special Features:
- Always dependable serviceDiningOutDined on 11/2/2014The food is always prepared perfectly and served sizzling hot. Our service was great. The food was slightly slow coming out of the kitchen but there was a very large group or two there ahead of us, and we were not in a hurry so no harm done. We did not complain but were given free dessert to make up for the delay.Special Features:
- Great Discovery!LarryVIPDined on 11/2/2014We live in Kansa and were on our way to the Truman Library and wanted to find a restaurant for Sunday Brunch on Open Table. Up popped V's Italiano so we decided to give it a try. What a wonderful experience!! The food was delicious and the wait staff was the absolute best we've ever encountered. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classicagape1026Dined on 11/1/2014V's is classic Italian. With so many wonderful choices on the menu, it is hard to go wrong with anything. If you aren't sure then ask your wait staff as they definitely steered us in the right direction. Making a reservation through OpenTable was simple and worked like a charm!Special Features:
- ArtyDined on 10/31/2014This is our favorite go to resturant . It is family run so you don't have those large chain issues. Mary makes the best cosmos. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is always great. If you need a place for brunch, this is the best in town!! Their pasta bar awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimberDined on 10/31/2014One of our favorite KC dining places. Great food, great service, and their wait staff are well trained and professional. The owners are always there to make sure of a superb dining experience. Really appreciate all of the special deals published and communicated through social media to help families of all types save money on their food purchases.Special Features:
- Very nice placeIrishBroad1964Dined on 10/17/2014First time eating at this restaurant and had a very enjoyable experience. I signed up for the email club and received a buy one/get one birthday reward. Celebrated my Daughter's 16th birthday and she fell in love with the place. Very good food and service. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favorite!ShelDined on 10/15/2014V's is one of our favorite restaurants in town and always our go-to for Italian. The past few times we had gone, the service hadn't been up to par, but Wednesday night, it was back to the way it had been before. We love V's and the chef at the pasta buffet table made the entire visit even more enjoyable!!!Special Features:
- First time customerGoRoyalsDined on 10/14/2014We ate before the Royals game versus Baltimore. Very friendly service, and good atmosphere. NOticed the outdoor patio that would have been nice with better weather. Will have to come back and give it a try. We got the buffet, where the chef cooks in front of you. He did a great job and the food was good. If you have a larger group and all do the buffet, there may be a little longer wait, so get appitizers during the process or order off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot1EagleDined on 10/12/2014V's is just a few minute drive from the Kaufman Stadium area. Very good menu options and Sunday night was half price wine by the bottle. Great service and very good pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTheDiningMobileDined on 10/12/2014I had the Sunday brunch and thought it was great! Also it was priced quite reasonably. Anymore, when most restaurants advertise "brunch" you have to order from the menu but this is not the case with V's. There is really a nice spread of brunch dishes available and set out buffet-style. There is a chef on site waiting to take your ordder for made-to-order omelets made-to-order pasta dishes and they are both delicious! The desserts were great - homemade cinnamon rolls, a really yummy cake! To top it off, I have never seen such friendly and attentive wait staff. Even the owner/manager was out among the customers inquiring if everyting was OK - this was really impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeresaDined on 10/5/2014Always delicious food and the service is excellent. They make special accommodations for elderly people. Very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCapi0122Dined on 10/5/2014I have enjoyed V`s brunch several times and I have had a wonderful time. The service is was great and the employees made us feel right at home. We will return. Love dinning at V`s. If you haven't dined at V`s your missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a jemDscottVIPDined on 10/2/2014great food at a great price with fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- A MainstayBrainsptDined on 10/2/2014You can always count on a good meal at V's. Warm, friendly staff and consistently very good food. My favorite KC restaurant.Special Features:
- not a winnerNevadaFoxDined on 9/28/2014Service was good food was edible won't be back wouldn't recommend. We've been to Italy and I'd swear out food was microwaved. Not a good experienc.Special Features:
- A very special evening...DallasFoodFanDined on 9/18/2014We recently entertained business guests from out of town, V's could not have been more perfect for our group of five - from the moment we walked in, we were made to feel like family...the owner's spent considerable time talking with us about the history of the restaurant and how the menu has evolved over the years -- we even had a photo op with the founder, Mrs V! We were pleased to find that the food and the service matched the hospitality -- our excellent waiter maintained a perfect pace bringing our drinks and various courses throughout the evening...highlights included the toasted ravioli, outrageously good escargot, Italian sausage with a to die for red sauce, and possibly the best osso bucco we have ever tried - highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wait StaffkarenaxVIPDined on 9/13/2014Your restaurant must do a really good job of rewarding employees becasue I am always impressed by the longevity of your staff. They are always helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Fantastic brunch before we headed to the Chiefs game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCapi0122Dined on 9/7/2014I went to V's Sunday brunch about a week ago to celibate my son in laws birthday. We really enjoyed our meal. The food was great, service was outstanding , and they made us feel like we were the only ones in the dinning room. We enjoyed it so much that we joined my cousin and his wife for brunch at V's last week and received the same great food and service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHALSDined on 9/2/2014This is a great restaurant in Independence Mo. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch MunchchristoffDined on 8/31/2014the food was very good for buffet style. it is a hint too dark in there - but perhaps it is necessary for the overall ambiance. our waitress was awesome. the noise level was normal for a restaurant. Definitely a great price for a delicious buffet. keep it up Vs!Special Features:
- alwaysbook1VDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to V's since we moved to Independence over 30 years ago. It is our go-to place when we want to meet friends of just have a quiet dinner - in the back booths - just to ourselves. The service is always outstanding. We like the variety of food available, not just for brunch but throughout the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spaghetti sauce too tomato pastyVICONDined on 8/30/2014normally sauce is excellent, bread and salads are always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have gone to V's for years and it is consistently wonderful Italian food. It was my daughter's first restaurant and now my grandson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Have had many meals with groups of 4 to 6 over two decades and had consistent good food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- V's Restaurant on 8/28/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service & the food was very good, but loud people nearby were irritating. It's not really something the restaurant can help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMeg7gieDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a wonderful,plentiful brunch last Sunday. So many things to choose from, the variety was overwhelming. Various breakfast entrees, Italian dinner selections and desserts. Too many to choose. Gracious wait staff and chefs. Had a custom made omelet prepared specifically for us and it was delicious. We'll definitely go back. Go hungry!!Special Features:
- Great find!RobertDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful meal. Service was terrific at this family-owned and operated restaurant. The manager came to our table to make sure everything was fine and, when we said we loved the salad dressing, told us how we could order some online. Would definitely return when we next visit relatives in Independence from our home in California.Special Features:
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The lobster and filet mignon were cooked perfectly. The white sangria was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outRacegirl65Dined on 8/2/2014Took my boyfriend to V's for his birthday as we hadn't been there for quite a while. Food was excellent as was our service. Natalie did a great job.Special Features: