V's Italiano Ristorante
10819 E. US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
V's Italiano Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8163531241x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm; Friday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm; Saturday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Hunsucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kansas City's Premier Caterer – four decades strong! Our menu consists of family recipes steeped in tradition and award winning specialties, created by dedicated chefs. Since 1963, satisfaction has been more than a guarantee - it’s a commitment from each member of our team. Be it a wedding reception, engagement party, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner, we would welcome the opportunity to customizing a menu to suit your needs and budget. From formally attired attendants to beautifully garnished displays, we provide all the necessities for every catered function.
- Private Party Facilities: Kansas City's Premier Italian Restaurant has three private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 145 people for Wedding Receptions, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations and Intimate Receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Vita Brooks 8163531241x
- Entertainment: While dining with us, experience the sounds of “Frank, Dean, Sammy and the rest of the Rat Pack.” Our uncompromised service and beautiful atmosphere along with our grape-lined arbors will have you dreaming of Italy. Our menu will have you thinking of Grandma and our wine list is sure to please! Before or after dinner, slip in to our beautiful lounge. Relax and enjoy your favorite beverage or a Martini from our extensive list, catch the game on one of our flat screen TV’s, or simply enjoy the relaxing music while conversing with family and friends. V’s Italiano…Delightful Dining by Candlelight!
A word from V's Italiano Ristorante
Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
V's Italiano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Independence ›
V's Italiano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (51)great for brunch (46)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A very special evening...DallasFoodFanDined on 9/18/2014We recently entertained business guests from out of town, V's could not have been more perfect for our group of five - from the moment we walked in, we were made to feel like family...the owner's spent considerable time talking with us about the history of the restaurant and how the menu has evolved over the years -- we even had a photo op with the founder, Mrs V! We were pleased to find that the food and the service matched the hospitality -- our excellent waiter maintained a perfect pace bringing our drinks and various courses throughout the evening...highlights included the toasted ravioli, outrageously good escargot, Italian sausage with a to die for red sauce, and possibly the best osso bucco we have ever tried - highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wait StaffkarenaxVIPDined on 9/13/2014Your restaurant must do a really good job of rewarding employees becasue I am always impressed by the longevity of your staff. They are always helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Fantastic brunch before we headed to the Chiefs game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCapi0122Dined on 9/7/2014I went to V's Sunday brunch about a week ago to celibate my son in laws birthday. We really enjoyed our meal. The food was great, service was outstanding , and they made us feel like we were the only ones in the dinning room. We enjoyed it so much that we joined my cousin and his wife for brunch at V's last week and received the same great food and service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHALSDined on 9/2/2014This is a great restaurant in Independence Mo. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch MunchchristoffDined on 8/31/2014the food was very good for buffet style. it is a hint too dark in there - but perhaps it is necessary for the overall ambiance. our waitress was awesome. the noise level was normal for a restaurant. Definitely a great price for a delicious buffet. keep it up Vs!Special Features:
- alwaysbook1VDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to V's since we moved to Independence over 30 years ago. It is our go-to place when we want to meet friends of just have a quiet dinner - in the back booths - just to ourselves. The service is always outstanding. We like the variety of food available, not just for brunch but throughout the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spaghetti sauce too tomato pastyVICONDined on 8/30/2014normally sauce is excellent, bread and salads are always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have gone to V's for years and it is consistently wonderful Italian food. It was my daughter's first restaurant and now my grandson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Have had many meals with groups of 4 to 6 over two decades and had consistent good food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- V's Restaurant on 8/28/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service & the food was very good, but loud people nearby were irritating. It's not really something the restaurant can help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMeg7gieDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a wonderful,plentiful brunch last Sunday. So many things to choose from, the variety was overwhelming. Various breakfast entrees, Italian dinner selections and desserts. Too many to choose. Gracious wait staff and chefs. Had a custom made omelet prepared specifically for us and it was delicious. We'll definitely go back. Go hungry!!Special Features:
- Great find!RobertDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful meal. Service was terrific at this family-owned and operated restaurant. The manager came to our table to make sure everything was fine and, when we said we loved the salad dressing, told us how we could order some online. Would definitely return when we next visit relatives in Independence from our home in California.Special Features:
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The lobster and filet mignon were cooked perfectly. The white sangria was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outRacegirl65Dined on 8/2/2014Took my boyfriend to V's for his birthday as we hadn't been there for quite a while. Food was excellent as was our service. Natalie did a great job.Special Features:
- cuddlesDined on 8/2/2014We have been to V's many times. We have our name on the plaque on booth # 7. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- You'll enjoy V's for Sunday Brunch!KariAnn67Dined on 7/27/2014Paul and I came to V's this past Sunday to enjoy the fabulous brunch and to have some quiet time together. The food was tasty and well prepared. The staff/servers were very helpful and friendly. Thank you for such a nice place to enjoy each other's company and eat a delightful meal.Special Features:
- Surprised !ganthineDined on 7/23/2014We went because the notes were so high but the food is quite poor : no taste, too much sauce. First and last time. The waiters were very friendly and agreeable.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceemermaxgrampDined on 7/19/2014We have been going to V's for 40 years and they continue to have good food in a nice atmosphere. Service is good, prices a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicekarenaxVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place is so consistently good and the staff is so friendly. They give you plenty of time to peruse their menu and don't rush you. The pace of the appetizers, salad, entree and dessert is always perfect.Special Features:
- Great Italian food!luvnewspotsDined on 7/17/2014We always have great food whenever we visit V's (lunch or dinner). The service is always friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating @ V'sIowatravellerDined on 7/17/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent at V's restaurant. We would heartily recommend it to one & all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TootsDined on 7/12/2014As always, great food and service. Personnel is attentive (including owners who often walk around and visit with customer or just to say hi) as usual. Customers are treated like family.Special Features:
- Very SatisfactoryECVHumbugDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated my sister and my birthday (twins)here and my wife. We all had a very enjoyable time and meal. The food was excellent! Would do it again. Great service also. Would recommend to all.Special Features:
- intimate dinner settingwineanddineDined on 7/11/2014The ambiance was very romantic and intimate. Took my beautiful lady there for our first date. And was not let down. The service was great as well as the food. Very friendly staff. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rd ANNIVERSARYBobandBettyDined on 7/10/2014We have been to V's many times. It's always excellent, the food, the service, the whole experience. We don't eat out as much as we would like, so we try to make each time special. V's always works.Special Features:
- All-around great experienceDiningOutDined on 7/5/2014Service is friendly and dependable. The food is just great. I had lasagna with meat sauce and mushrooms, and it was wonderful. Husband had fried chicken, and we traded a little lasagna for chicken, and it was some of the best fried chicken I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysTootsDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and a great family atmosphere. My friends and I eat there often. The service is always great. There was a newborn (two week old) and little girl 3-4 in a Disney Princess dress in the next booth. The staff was wonderful to them and their family. I don't think I have ever been in a restaurant who was so attentive and it was wonderful to see! Kudos to all!Special Features:
- Ladies BrunchSherpeDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch. The pasta bar is amazing! The Eggs Bendict is the best I've ever eaten (and I'm not normally a fan of the dish). The pecan pie on the dessert table was delicious also. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Wonderfiul Neighborhood GemJayhawkLindaDined on 6/27/2014Took our family from Austin, Texas to this local treasure. The family atmosphere including a visit from Momma V to check on us complemented the wonderful food and service. Love this place!Special Features:
- Good food but poor promotionsFoodie4lifeDined on 6/25/2014We handed our free birthday dinner coupon to our server when we were ordering. She said she would take it at the end of the meal. We asked about the free appetizers. We ordered one. At the end of the meal we were charged for the appetizer. At first our server apologized and said it had been a mistake. When she came back she said it was not a mistake that because we had the birthday coupon we could not have the free appetizer. Really? Then why didn't she explain that in the beginning. WE WOULD NOT HAVE ORDERED AN APPETIZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- LynnDined on 6/24/2014As usual, everything was wonderful. The variety of Italian dishes was great. Everything was delicious. Couldn't ask for better service and all at a reasonable price in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BsharpBOOGIEDined on 6/15/2014OUTSTANDING in every facet! Fairly priced as we expected higher costs. THANK YOU, V's!!!!!!!!!! ***** (5 star)Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I hadn't been to V's in several years but I was absolutely impressed again! This is one restaurant I can say is always consistent. We made reservations at 7:30 and the place was packed but the service was great and the food was awesome! We even decided to have our rehearsal dinner there in October. Very happy with the evening and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & SErvicekarenaxVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food is wonderful. The pace is great as well. We had drinks, appetizers, salad, pasta and desert. The wait staff was friendly and they worked well as a team.Special Features:
- Good but inconsistant.SteakLoverVIPDined on 6/1/2014Some dishes are better than average, but others are mediocre at best. Nice people, but the service is spotty. Good choice for an occasional "good" Italian meal.Special Features:
- Service should have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014My husband and I eat at V's several times a year and usually have a good experience. However, our waitress had pretty bad body odor - something we have complained about before regarding this same waitress. She was so busy and distracted she did not bring our drinks for 20 minutes. My husband asked for white sauce with his Veal Parmesan - it came with half red & half white. When we were seated we showed her our Internet coupon, but the discount was not on the ticket she brought. After waiting 15 minutes for a correction, we had to ask for a final detailed receipt - another long wait. We had a reservation, but watched 2 couples without seated before us. REALLY??? Your staff needs additional training!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS ............soapDined on 5/27/2014ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY DELICIOUS, ENJOYABLE, CLEAN, FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT SERVICE; ALWAYS QUIETLY SUPERVISED BY FAMILY MEMBERS AND LONG TIME EMPLOYEES. V's many years of being in business, under the leadership of the same family and location, say it all! While the main dining room is more energetic, a separate room with booths only, provides a quieter, more private atmosphere. The Pasta Buffet is filled with delicious choices, the Sunday Brunch is not to be missed and Pizza is unique and wonderful! Gluten Free Options, including Pasta and Pizza, are available. Support and enjoy this local treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- car9Dined on 5/27/2014Great service and food. Relaxing atmosphere. Always enjoy dining at V's.Special Features:
- The following 521 reviews are from the V's Italiano Ristorante reviews archive.
- Always delicious.BuffieDined on 5/25/2014We've been long-time customers at V's. Some friends recently moved to town and it's their new favorite. We enjoy going on double dates at V's and we never, ever leave hungry.Special Features: