V's Italiano Ristorante
10819 E. US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
V's Italiano Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8163531241x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm; Friday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm; Saturday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Hunsucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kansas City's Premier Caterer – four decades strong! Our menu consists of family recipes steeped in tradition and award winning specialties, created by dedicated chefs. Since 1963, satisfaction has been more than a guarantee - it’s a commitment from each member of our team. Be it a wedding reception, engagement party, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner, we would welcome the opportunity to customizing a menu to suit your needs and budget. From formally attired attendants to beautifully garnished displays, we provide all the necessities for every catered function.
- Private Party Facilities: Kansas City's Premier Italian Restaurant has three private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 145 people for Wedding Receptions, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations and Intimate Receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Vita Brooks 8163531241x
- Entertainment: While dining with us, experience the sounds of “Frank, Dean, Sammy and the rest of the Rat Pack.” Our uncompromised service and beautiful atmosphere along with our grape-lined arbors will have you dreaming of Italy. Our menu will have you thinking of Grandma and our wine list is sure to please! Before or after dinner, slip in to our beautiful lounge. Relax and enjoy your favorite beverage or a Martini from our extensive list, catch the game on one of our flat screen TV’s, or simply enjoy the relaxing music while conversing with family and friends. V’s Italiano…Delightful Dining by Candlelight!
A word from V's Italiano Ristorante
Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
V's Italiano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Independence ›
V's Italiano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (46)romantic (45)great for brunch (45)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very nice placeIrishBroad1964Dined on 10/17/2014First time eating at this restaurant and had a very enjoyable experience. I signed up for the email club and received a buy one/get one birthday reward. Celebrated my Daughter's 16th birthday and she fell in love with the place. Very good food and service. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favorite!ShelDined on 10/15/2014V's is one of our favorite restaurants in town and always our go-to for Italian. The past few times we had gone, the service hadn't been up to par, but Wednesday night, it was back to the way it had been before. We love V's and the chef at the pasta buffet table made the entire visit even more enjoyable!!!Special Features:
- First time customerGoRoyalsDined on 10/14/2014We ate before the Royals game versus Baltimore. Very friendly service, and good atmosphere. NOticed the outdoor patio that would have been nice with better weather. Will have to come back and give it a try. We got the buffet, where the chef cooks in front of you. He did a great job and the food was good. If you have a larger group and all do the buffet, there may be a little longer wait, so get appitizers during the process or order off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot1EagleDined on 10/12/2014V's is just a few minute drive from the Kaufman Stadium area. Very good menu options and Sunday night was half price wine by the bottle. Great service and very good pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTheDiningMobileDined on 10/12/2014I had the Sunday brunch and thought it was great! Also it was priced quite reasonably. Anymore, when most restaurants advertise "brunch" you have to order from the menu but this is not the case with V's. There is really a nice spread of brunch dishes available and set out buffet-style. There is a chef on site waiting to take your ordder for made-to-order omelets made-to-order pasta dishes and they are both delicious! The desserts were great - homemade cinnamon rolls, a really yummy cake! To top it off, I have never seen such friendly and attentive wait staff. Even the owner/manager was out among the customers inquiring if everyting was OK - this was really impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeresaDined on 10/5/2014Always delicious food and the service is excellent. They make special accommodations for elderly people. Very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCapi0122Dined on 10/5/2014I have enjoyed V`s brunch several times and I have had a wonderful time. The service is was great and the employees made us feel right at home. We will return. Love dinning at V`s. If you haven't dined at V`s your missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a jemDscottVIPDined on 10/2/2014great food at a great price with fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- A MainstayBrainsptDined on 10/2/2014You can always count on a good meal at V's. Warm, friendly staff and consistently very good food. My favorite KC restaurant.Special Features:
- not a winnerNevadaFoxDined on 9/28/2014Service was good food was edible won't be back wouldn't recommend. We've been to Italy and I'd swear out food was microwaved. Not a good experienc.Special Features:
- A very special evening...DallasFoodFanDined on 9/18/2014We recently entertained business guests from out of town, V's could not have been more perfect for our group of five - from the moment we walked in, we were made to feel like family...the owner's spent considerable time talking with us about the history of the restaurant and how the menu has evolved over the years -- we even had a photo op with the founder, Mrs V! We were pleased to find that the food and the service matched the hospitality -- our excellent waiter maintained a perfect pace bringing our drinks and various courses throughout the evening...highlights included the toasted ravioli, outrageously good escargot, Italian sausage with a to die for red sauce, and possibly the best osso bucco we have ever tried - highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wait StaffkarenaxVIPDined on 9/13/2014Your restaurant must do a really good job of rewarding employees becasue I am always impressed by the longevity of your staff. They are always helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Fantastic brunch before we headed to the Chiefs game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCapi0122Dined on 9/7/2014I went to V's Sunday brunch about a week ago to celibate my son in laws birthday. We really enjoyed our meal. The food was great, service was outstanding , and they made us feel like we were the only ones in the dinning room. We enjoyed it so much that we joined my cousin and his wife for brunch at V's last week and received the same great food and service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHALSDined on 9/2/2014This is a great restaurant in Independence Mo. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch MunchchristoffDined on 8/31/2014the food was very good for buffet style. it is a hint too dark in there - but perhaps it is necessary for the overall ambiance. our waitress was awesome. the noise level was normal for a restaurant. Definitely a great price for a delicious buffet. keep it up Vs!Special Features:
- alwaysbook1VDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to V's since we moved to Independence over 30 years ago. It is our go-to place when we want to meet friends of just have a quiet dinner - in the back booths - just to ourselves. The service is always outstanding. We like the variety of food available, not just for brunch but throughout the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spaghetti sauce too tomato pastyVICONDined on 8/30/2014normally sauce is excellent, bread and salads are always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have gone to V's for years and it is consistently wonderful Italian food. It was my daughter's first restaurant and now my grandson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Have had many meals with groups of 4 to 6 over two decades and had consistent good food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- V's Restaurant on 8/28/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service & the food was very good, but loud people nearby were irritating. It's not really something the restaurant can help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMeg7gieDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a wonderful,plentiful brunch last Sunday. So many things to choose from, the variety was overwhelming. Various breakfast entrees, Italian dinner selections and desserts. Too many to choose. Gracious wait staff and chefs. Had a custom made omelet prepared specifically for us and it was delicious. We'll definitely go back. Go hungry!!Special Features:
- Great find!RobertDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful meal. Service was terrific at this family-owned and operated restaurant. The manager came to our table to make sure everything was fine and, when we said we loved the salad dressing, told us how we could order some online. Would definitely return when we next visit relatives in Independence from our home in California.Special Features:
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The lobster and filet mignon were cooked perfectly. The white sangria was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outRacegirl65Dined on 8/2/2014Took my boyfriend to V's for his birthday as we hadn't been there for quite a while. Food was excellent as was our service. Natalie did a great job.Special Features:
- cuddlesDined on 8/2/2014We have been to V's many times. We have our name on the plaque on booth # 7. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- You'll enjoy V's for Sunday Brunch!KariAnn67Dined on 7/27/2014Paul and I came to V's this past Sunday to enjoy the fabulous brunch and to have some quiet time together. The food was tasty and well prepared. The staff/servers were very helpful and friendly. Thank you for such a nice place to enjoy each other's company and eat a delightful meal.Special Features:
- Surprised !ganthineDined on 7/23/2014We went because the notes were so high but the food is quite poor : no taste, too much sauce. First and last time. The waiters were very friendly and agreeable.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceemermaxgrampDined on 7/19/2014We have been going to V's for 40 years and they continue to have good food in a nice atmosphere. Service is good, prices a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicekarenaxVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place is so consistently good and the staff is so friendly. They give you plenty of time to peruse their menu and don't rush you. The pace of the appetizers, salad, entree and dessert is always perfect.Special Features:
- Great Italian food!luvnewspotsDined on 7/17/2014We always have great food whenever we visit V's (lunch or dinner). The service is always friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating @ V'sIowatravellerDined on 7/17/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent at V's restaurant. We would heartily recommend it to one & all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TootsDined on 7/12/2014As always, great food and service. Personnel is attentive (including owners who often walk around and visit with customer or just to say hi) as usual. Customers are treated like family.Special Features:
- Very SatisfactoryECVHumbugDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated my sister and my birthday (twins)here and my wife. We all had a very enjoyable time and meal. The food was excellent! Would do it again. Great service also. Would recommend to all.Special Features:
- intimate dinner settingwineanddineDined on 7/11/2014The ambiance was very romantic and intimate. Took my beautiful lady there for our first date. And was not let down. The service was great as well as the food. Very friendly staff. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rd ANNIVERSARYBobandBettyDined on 7/10/2014We have been to V's many times. It's always excellent, the food, the service, the whole experience. We don't eat out as much as we would like, so we try to make each time special. V's always works.Special Features:
- All-around great experienceDiningOutDined on 7/5/2014Service is friendly and dependable. The food is just great. I had lasagna with meat sauce and mushrooms, and it was wonderful. Husband had fried chicken, and we traded a little lasagna for chicken, and it was some of the best fried chicken I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysTootsDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and a great family atmosphere. My friends and I eat there often. The service is always great. There was a newborn (two week old) and little girl 3-4 in a Disney Princess dress in the next booth. The staff was wonderful to them and their family. I don't think I have ever been in a restaurant who was so attentive and it was wonderful to see! Kudos to all!Special Features:
- Ladies BrunchSherpeDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch. The pasta bar is amazing! The Eggs Bendict is the best I've ever eaten (and I'm not normally a fan of the dish). The pecan pie on the dessert table was delicious also. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Wonderfiul Neighborhood GemJayhawkLindaDined on 6/27/2014Took our family from Austin, Texas to this local treasure. The family atmosphere including a visit from Momma V to check on us complemented the wonderful food and service. Love this place!Special Features:
- The following 530 reviews are from the V's Italiano Ristorante reviews archive.