Volunteer Park Cafe
1501 17th Ave E
Seattle, WA 98112Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Volunteer Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alwaysfreshgoodness.com/
- Phone: 2063283155x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Sa 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Baker can make wonderful Cakes, Bunts, Cookies, Quiches and more!
- Special Events: Once a month we offer our special Sunday Supper dinner.
-Cost is $40 per person.
-Three Course Dinner
-One Seating at 6 pm
A word from Volunteer Park Cafe
At VPC we are all about celebrating the fresh, local, and seasonal bounty of the Pacific Northwest. Our approach to food is simple and straightforward. Our belief is that community is built around the dinner table and we strive to nourish and sustain those relationships with our food….always fresh goodness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Volunteer Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Volunteer Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (12)romantic (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- LovelysummersambaDined on 9/19/2014Sweet, comfortable, sophisticated, neighborhoodly, great service, lovely menu, romantic, quaint. My seafood was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulShellyDined on 8/1/2014The food and dining experience are always top notch. Fresh, seasonal ingredients along with the standards make for an enticing menu. I had the Copper River salmon, which was phenomenal. We love the cozy, quaint ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish, friendly, cozy, corner cafeNolagalDined on 6/27/2014Food is fresh and tasty. Menu varies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are big and small options. You can order various dishes to share like artisan pizzas/appetizers,desserts. Staff is friendly and ambience festive. Community feeling abounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerjobaDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful neighborhood spot. Casual and friendly and never fails to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014The visits to Volunteer Cafe confirm that I am very good at researching and finding interesting and delicious spots to dine. What a gem! Thank you very much for the lovely dinner we had at Volunteer Cafe on June 15th. We were celebrating our daughters graduation from SU. We found your restaurant when we first brought her to SU in 2010 and we have made it a point to visit you over the years. Perhaps she will stay in the area and we can continue our love affair with your neighborhood cafe.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Volunteer Park Cafe reviews archive.
- Prices up; service downdrummerDined on 4/11/2014Took an hour to get our main courses. No apology for the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingONTHETABLEDined on 4/1/2014Great spot for an intimate, informal dinner with warm inviting atmosphere and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedBeetledDined on 3/28/2014I want to love this restaurant, but have had 3 increasingly disappointing dining experiences. I value what the restaurant is trying to be - a high quality, comfortable and creative neighborhood spot. Sadly, it really fails to meet this image, in several ways: 1) the service is unprofessional, snooty, and inattentive ; 2) the pricing is offensively high for what you get - I'm willing to pay for high quality in terms of sourcing and preparation, but the pricing here is so far off base it's ridiculous; 3) the menu sounds delicious but the dishes under deliver - while the ingredients are good quality, the dishes lack integration and interest…even seasonal and fresh salads are insipid, with under inspired dressings.
- Great dinnerTimBatDined on 3/21/2014The service was most attentive, beer and wine list while small was a good quality selection, and the beef cheeks were so tender and succulent the meat just melted in one's mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurantSeattleMikeVIPDined on 2/15/2014We went early with our 7 and 10 year old girls. The setting is a neighborhood restaurant that you could walk by easily as it has a sign in the back "Groceries" but inside is a cozy without being crowded space. The food was outstanding from the perfectly flavored chicken pot pie to the duck salad where there was a lot going on, but the flavors melded well together. The chicken was also a standout with orange butter. The service was the only thing not outstanding, it was uneven but competent but we had a wonderful dining experience overall and I would recommend this neighborhood gem to those who love food!Special Features:
- Delicious!lovetoeatDined on 12/17/2013We came here to celebrate a birthday and every dish that we had was fantastic! I have recommended this to almost everyone I've talked to since going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentHolidayPartyDined on 12/17/2013Large party, arrived separately. First group sitting in a dark restaurant, lights off closed sign still in place 15 mins after open. Ten min after sitting still no greeting. We were in the middle of the restaurant, 3 service members and not a single greeting or eye contact to assure us of 1: who is our server, 2: when we will be attended. Unacceptable. Wine list, short, mostly imported, disappointing, We live in a fantastic wine region, no showing there. Good beer list. Duck: dry. Beef cheeks: gloried roast beef (beautiful presentation) lacked flavor. Chicken: charred skin, dry. Excellent: Pot O' Gold, polenta filled roasted pumpkin. Dessert: apple crisp: frost bitten ice cream, bland crisp. Molten cake: dry, seemed microwaved.Special Features:
- Perfect ChoiceJoJoDined on 11/2/2013We planned dinner out for party of 6. When we drove up this neighbor hood spot had me thinking I may have made a mistake- But that quickly changed once we headed inside, great table in front of restaurant, a little alcove. This is straight forward Seattle at its best. Bread served was also great-having Acme Bread SF setting the bar this was right up there. Pizza, pasta and sugar pumpkin roasted with polenta and mushrooms shaved cheese- were outstanding. They were also really flexible, party changed from 6 to 7 easy. Door to outside was open-too cold- easy closed it right away. I would go back here every week if I lived in this neighborhood, its the kind of place you want to reward for their efforts by showing up often and hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.