Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
2480 Canyon Blvd
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://voltaboulder.com/
- Phone: (303) 938-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:30 - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2:30pm
Always on Sunday Greek Night: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Christopher Canales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music, Fridays and Saturday nights, 6-8:30pm
- Special Events: Please contact Eleni Deering at 3039388800 for further information regarding any special events. Thanks!
A word from Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
Volta means a “turn” or “journey.” Take a journey into the exquisite food, wine, and mixology that comprise the Volta dining experience. Enjoy organic Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with Greek influences, prepared and served using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Volta is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, a friendly dinner or business gathering. Our elegant dining room, bar and patio can accommodate parties of 1 to 101. We offer you seasonal and soulful food, wine and service in a beautiful and inviting setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (18)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (15)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Kitchen or the servers slowing everything down?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014We were almost the first guests on a recent weekend night and we still had to wait more than the usual amount of time for our food to come. Our meals were indeed delicious when they arrived!
- Well above expectations.CanyonDinerDined on 11/19/2014We used to go to the restaurant which proceeded Volta in the same location. They have improved interior decoration considerably. Bend during Boulder Bites, all dishes were excellent. Looking to forward to returning for their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseNlr47Dined on 11/19/2014My first visit to Volta was for First Bite Boulder. The food was delicious. A little glitch was quickly fixed with a new plate and a complimentary dessert wine. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 11/18/2014The service here is always fabulous, and the owner stops by the table to be sure all is going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild4foodDined on 11/17/2014Nice Boulder First Bite Menu. Vegetable Moussaka great dish even if you are not vegetarian. Flight of wines excellent as well. Yummy desserts too! I still love the Baklava.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice MealandyVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had First Bite dinner - very generous portions, but not so generous wine pours. Pom Cosmo was delicious as was duck confit with cherries, squash. Steak very buttery, flavorful. Gigante Bean first course was nicely flavored but too much of a good thing and not special. The flourless choc cake was smooth and not too sweet. The coffee - decaf and from a French-like press - was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious and the wine pairings were excellent. Highly recommended, particularly during First Bites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLoveGreekfoodDined on 11/15/2014The food good and nice looking restaurant. It took forever to get our food and that detracted from our experience. I hope they do well!Special Features:
- Worthy of a visit! theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The food was lovely and they were able to accommodate some severe food allergies! However this isn't a place to grab a quick bite to eat. We were there for around 3 hours.... we were a party of 7, so perhaps that was the reason our wait between courses was so incredibly long. Over all, it was a pleasant experience and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 11/14/2014A wonderful selection of unusual wines with excellent advice on which to choose for your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more than perfectGreekFrenchconnectionDined on 11/9/2014We chose Volta for a family gathering of a group of relatives visiting from out of town. The service and the attentiveness were as good as it gets anywhere. There was even an area where small children could play outside when adults sat too long talking. Volta handled a large group at brunch with care and aplomb. The food was both subtle and traditionally Greek - a combination often difficult to manage outside the home. We have decided that this will be our go-to restaurant whenever we are in Boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014A very nice restaurant with good selection of food and wine. Food nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMikeDVIPDined on 11/1/2014We like the food here. Most of their menu is Greek, but some other Med countries in there too. Lamb pasta was filling and tasty. My wife had the lamb pasticcio which was surprisingly light and creamy. Spanakopita is the best. Baklava also outstanding. Wines by the glass are an adequate selection with some Greek wines featured. Most of their spirits are craft distilled and not familiar to me. Bluecoat Gin from Philadelphia was OK. Service was slow. Not a problem because we were not in a hurry, but still...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better each time!Trattoriafan4lifeDined on 10/23/2014It's hard to believe that a restaurant that was great can get better but Volta has taken it's first year to climb to the top of the Boulder restaurant scene. The new chef has put his spin on the Greek specialties with attention to detail, flavor and presentation. The Moussaka and lamb with pasta was the best we've ever had (and this is from a professional chef). Appetizers were always amazing but the Spanokapita was worthy of applause. Thinking the night could not get tastier, we tried the flour-less chocolate cake. Dare I say we licked the plate? The ganache was rich and just the right amount but the filling was incredible. The service was attentive and pleasant and added to a perfect evening. We'll be back - often!Special Features:
- excellentHasNoCarVIPDined on 10/22/2014Everything was excellent, one of the best meals that I've had in boulder in years, and each dish was quite a bit different the each other.Special Features:
- Very well done food & ambianceMimiDined on 10/22/2014People at Volta want you to have a very pleasant and memorable dining experience and they really do everything possible to ensure this happens. The food, very good Greek, and the family-owned feeling lend a comfy at-home feeling to the table, in nice contrast to snazzy decor and overall space design. One in our party thought the service was a bit slow, but I thought it just felt European and was well aware that the several people who attended us kept a watchful, not intrusive, eye on us. It isn't a "cafe" but a full dinner experience. A bit pricey, especially the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Food!wild4foodDined on 10/18/2014Flavorful selection of delicious dishes to choose from. Wide variety from vegetable moussaka, to lamb.The flight of wine was very good as well. The greek donuts for desert is yummy! We look forward to dining at Volta again soon!Special Features:
- Great Experience at VoltaFladougDined on 10/17/2014We found Volta via Open Table and so happy with the "find"! This small, charming restaurant had a delicious menu, ample choices and exceptionally well prepared dishes. The wine list was expansive and included selections I had not previously seen. The service staff was outstanding. Engaged, knowledgeable, well informed and engaging. Kaci quickly became one of my all -time wait staff. Charming, funny, interested and prompt. She is a great asset to this interesting eatery. We will be returning; in fact, already have it on our calendar for early November. Can't wait!Special Features:
- Special attentionLindabboyDined on 10/17/2014We were very fortunate that the owner was present and available for questions and conversation, john is a very friendly and open person. The food was excellent and was as described. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The entire staff and food are wonderful! We have missed having a Greek/ Mediterranean restaurant in Boulder, and the menu is perfect! Also, having so many Tapas (Appetizer) selections makes for a varied and fun dining experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous first impression!LongmonterVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal served by an absolutely delightful and warm waitress. We were seated in the outdoor area which felt intimate and cozy. We loved every bite and every moment of our dinner date.Special Features:
- Outstanding brunch on the patiostaceydDined on 9/28/2014We had been to Volta for drinks and dinner and loved it. This was our first brunch and we will be back. The weather was nice so we were able to dine on their beautiful patio. We had a party of seven and everyone loved the food and the setting and many of our group are serious foodies. I had the eggs benedict which were fabulous and would order again. I am not a lamb lover but everyone else had a lamb dish and were very happy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and David Williams' GuitarFoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014A very fun evening and delicious tapas during this special event with solo gypsy jazz guitar music and a special blend of multi-tapas plates as well as a specially selected DOC Prosecco from the Venice area. All was very wonderful as usual right up until something happened with the cash register. Took about 20-30 min for all tables to get their checks alone. Maybe all restaurants need some of those old carbon change slips for emergencies.Special Features:
- Greek appsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Good presentation, good taste, slow service, especially as this was advertised as a special eventSpecial Features:
- Nice Place; Food MediocremarcoliusVIPDined on 9/21/2014Lovely patio, and a knowledgeable server, but the food really wasn't much better than a carry-out place.Special Features:
- just okjacknkatierockVIPDined on 9/20/2014The menu is quite limited and by the time we arrived for our 8:00 reservation they were already sold out of their only steak dish and one other key item. This is kind of unforgivable to me especially in Colorado. So it was lamb or salmon, neither appealed to me. It's called Mediterranean food which could include about 10 different cuisines but the menu is mostly Greek food. If I had known it was a Greek place I wouldn't have gone as I am not a fan. The outdoor dining was nice but the place is in a strip mall so that is a turn off for me. The waitress was quite friendly and tried hard to find something my 14 finicky eater would eat.Special Features:
- ignored messages from on highBarygbDined on 9/20/2014We wanted a nice restaurant to take our family and guests (total of 7). They were very accommodating as we had to reduce the number of guests as 2 couldn't make it (1st sign from above). On our way in, we got stuck in traffic (2nd sign) due to an accident so we let them know we would be late for our reservation. When we arrived, the staff were very pleasant and proceeded to tell us they were out of a number of items. On a short menu, they were out of their two signature entrees and two appetizers. We ordered and one guest advised them that they had a dairy allergy. The food had no flavor, the vegetables were cold, and the guest with the allergy finished the night with cramps as they still used butter. Should have respected the signs.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Sat for over 1 hour before our appetizer arrived. Main course came out a little sooner. Our waiter was in the back helping the cooking staff get food out. The kitchen was having a difficult night, even with very few customers in the dining area. So this was perplexing. Crummy dining experience from the moment the hostess did not know how to use her seating diagram. She was nice, but was not able to do her job. It wasn't busy at all, so it was confusing as to why everything was so laborious for the staff to get done. The food did taste good, but I will not go back.
- Bad service and ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014It took us over 45 minutes to get a beer, for half of the guests, and then another 30 minutes. We were there for over 3 hours & it was due to poor service. We ordered appetizers, and we were finished with them and waiting 20 minutes before we asked the waiter to order food. Someone in our group ordered a dish, and the waitress came out over 20 minutes after she ordered saying they did not have that - wouldnt you think they would know in 5-10 minutes or less? Also, once the food arrived it was not fresh, and it was cold in some bits. I had the Lamb with greens, and the greens were old and soggy and there was barely any meat or flavor in my dish. My husband had the fish and chips and it was cold! Could say a lot more
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Athenian Experience is a delightful sampler! Also try the Greek wines!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!LongmontFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I dined at Volta this week and couldn't have been more pleased by the quality of food and service. Volta offers an interesting menu of Mediterranean dishes, all artfully prepared and presented. Everything we ate was outstanding. My husband particularly savored his tomato soup, and I loved the "Jackson Pollack" fish dish. Jon, the owner, is very warm and welcoming. Volta deserves more attention and acclaim!Special Features:
- Amazing fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had the whole grilled fish--excellent, excellent. The wait staff was perfectly attentive and helpful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food mediocre,wait staff friendly but had very dirty apron on,did not clear dishes in timely manner, worst desserts we ever had. This is a restaturant"posing" as Mediterranean. It won't hold up in Boulder.
- Will Not Try AgainTc420Dined on 8/15/2014Food was sub-par at best. Waiter was ok, telling jokes were possible. I had the "jackson pollock" which was bland, with way too much dill in the rice.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/12/2014Loved the sampler plate! Excellent service--there when we needed something, left us to chat when we wanted.Special Features:
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 8/12/2014Volta is still ironing out the kinks, but it should be a winner once there. The problem with Greek food is that....it's Greek food - not something I'd seek out on a regular basis. Hope they make it because we all need variety.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food extremely good - great flavors and variety. Service - they try, but don't quite hit the mark. Bar - slow service.... Kitchen - not sure what is going on....slow....yet not full restaurant
- Pleasant diningluvfinefoodDined on 8/6/2014At six on a weeknight, the restaurant wasn't busy. and we sat on the patio, which was lovely and quiet. Food was very good, although I thought the balsamic dressing on the eggplant salad was a little strong for my taste. The chicken skewers and salad with lamb sausage were fine, but not exceptional. My husband had the moussaka, and he liked it a lot! We shared the chocolate napoleon for dessert, and it was outstanding! Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. We will return to try other menu items that looked enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make over pays off!GuillermoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Formerly "Alba", we had a great meal on the terrace on beautiful summer evening. The service was great, as was the food and the overall feel of the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Well John and his staff have done it again. A very enjoyable meal with great squash blossom appetizers and fun picking a from an ever-changing and well thought out wine list. Lot's of lamb dishes to choose from since it's a Greek-Mediterranean theme. Everything is always well prepared. I think was our fourth visit and they are getting better. Next time... patio dinning outside, before winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews archive.