Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
2480 Canyon Blvd
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://voltaboulder.com/
- Phone: (303) 938-8800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:30 - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2:30pm
Always on Sunday Greek Night: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Christopher Canales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music, Fridays and Saturday nights, 6-8:30pm
- Special Events: Please contact Eleni Deering at 3039388800 for further information regarding any special events. Thanks!
A word from Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
Volta means a “turn” or “journey.” Take a journey into the exquisite food, wine, and mixology that comprise the Volta dining experience. Enjoy organic Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with Greek influences, prepared and served using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Volta is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, a friendly dinner or business gathering. Our elegant dining room, bar and patio can accommodate parties of 1 to 101. We offer you seasonal and soulful food, wine and service in a beautiful and inviting setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (19)good for groups (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Greek Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Flavorful selection of delicious dishes to choose from. Wide variety from vegetable moussaka, to lamb.The flight of wine was very good as well. The greek donuts for desert is yummy! We look forward to dining at Volta again soon!Special Features:
- Special attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were very fortunate that the owner was present and available for questions and conversation, john is a very friendly and open person. The food was excellent and was as described. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The entire staff and food are wonderful! We have missed having a Greek/ Mediterranean restaurant in Boulder, and the menu is perfect! Also, having so many Tapas (Appetizer) selections makes for a varied and fun dining experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous first impression!LongmonterDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal served by an absolutely delightful and warm waitress. We were seated in the outdoor area which felt intimate and cozy. We loved every bite and every moment of our dinner date.Special Features:
- Outstanding brunch on the patiostaceydDined on 9/28/2014We had been to Volta for drinks and dinner and loved it. This was our first brunch and we will be back. The weather was nice so we were able to dine on their beautiful patio. We had a party of seven and everyone loved the food and the setting and many of our group are serious foodies. I had the eggs benedict which were fabulous and would order again. I am not a lamb lover but everyone else had a lamb dish and were very happy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and David Williams' GuitarFoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014A very fun evening and delicious tapas during this special event with solo gypsy jazz guitar music and a special blend of multi-tapas plates as well as a specially selected DOC Prosecco from the Venice area. All was very wonderful as usual right up until something happened with the cash register. Took about 20-30 min for all tables to get their checks alone. Maybe all restaurants need some of those old carbon change slips for emergencies.Special Features:
- Greek appsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Good presentation, good taste, slow service, especially as this was advertised as a special eventSpecial Features:
- Nice Place; Food MediocremarcoliusVIPDined on 9/21/2014Lovely patio, and a knowledgeable server, but the food really wasn't much better than a carry-out place.Special Features:
- just okjacknkatierockVIPDined on 9/20/2014The menu is quite limited and by the time we arrived for our 8:00 reservation they were already sold out of their only steak dish and one other key item. This is kind of unforgivable to me especially in Colorado. So it was lamb or salmon, neither appealed to me. It's called Mediterranean food which could include about 10 different cuisines but the menu is mostly Greek food. If I had known it was a Greek place I wouldn't have gone as I am not a fan. The outdoor dining was nice but the place is in a strip mall so that is a turn off for me. The waitress was quite friendly and tried hard to find something my 14 finicky eater would eat.Special Features:
- ignored messages from on highBarygbDined on 9/20/2014We wanted a nice restaurant to take our family and guests (total of 7). They were very accommodating as we had to reduce the number of guests as 2 couldn't make it (1st sign from above). On our way in, we got stuck in traffic (2nd sign) due to an accident so we let them know we would be late for our reservation. When we arrived, the staff were very pleasant and proceeded to tell us they were out of a number of items. On a short menu, they were out of their two signature entrees and two appetizers. We ordered and one guest advised them that they had a dairy allergy. The food had no flavor, the vegetables were cold, and the guest with the allergy finished the night with cramps as they still used butter. Should have respected the signs.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Sat for over 1 hour before our appetizer arrived. Main course came out a little sooner. Our waiter was in the back helping the cooking staff get food out. The kitchen was having a difficult night, even with very few customers in the dining area. So this was perplexing. Crummy dining experience from the moment the hostess did not know how to use her seating diagram. She was nice, but was not able to do her job. It wasn't busy at all, so it was confusing as to why everything was so laborious for the staff to get done. The food did taste good, but I will not go back.
- Bad service and ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014It took us over 45 minutes to get a beer, for half of the guests, and then another 30 minutes. We were there for over 3 hours & it was due to poor service. We ordered appetizers, and we were finished with them and waiting 20 minutes before we asked the waiter to order food. Someone in our group ordered a dish, and the waitress came out over 20 minutes after she ordered saying they did not have that - wouldnt you think they would know in 5-10 minutes or less? Also, once the food arrived it was not fresh, and it was cold in some bits. I had the Lamb with greens, and the greens were old and soggy and there was barely any meat or flavor in my dish. My husband had the fish and chips and it was cold! Could say a lot more
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Athenian Experience is a delightful sampler! Also try the Greek wines!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!LongmontFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I dined at Volta this week and couldn't have been more pleased by the quality of food and service. Volta offers an interesting menu of Mediterranean dishes, all artfully prepared and presented. Everything we ate was outstanding. My husband particularly savored his tomato soup, and I loved the "Jackson Pollack" fish dish. Jon, the owner, is very warm and welcoming. Volta deserves more attention and acclaim!Special Features:
- Amazing fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had the whole grilled fish--excellent, excellent. The wait staff was perfectly attentive and helpful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food mediocre,wait staff friendly but had very dirty apron on,did not clear dishes in timely manner, worst desserts we ever had. This is a restaturant"posing" as Mediterranean. It won't hold up in Boulder.
- Will Not Try AgainTc420Dined on 8/15/2014Food was sub-par at best. Waiter was ok, telling jokes were possible. I had the "jackson pollock" which was bland, with way too much dill in the rice.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/12/2014Loved the sampler plate! Excellent service--there when we needed something, left us to chat when we wanted.Special Features:
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 8/12/2014Volta is still ironing out the kinks, but it should be a winner once there. The problem with Greek food is that....it's Greek food - not something I'd seek out on a regular basis. Hope they make it because we all need variety.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food extremely good - great flavors and variety. Service - they try, but don't quite hit the mark. Bar - slow service.... Kitchen - not sure what is going on....slow....yet not full restaurant
- Pleasant diningluvfinefoodDined on 8/6/2014At six on a weeknight, the restaurant wasn't busy. and we sat on the patio, which was lovely and quiet. Food was very good, although I thought the balsamic dressing on the eggplant salad was a little strong for my taste. The chicken skewers and salad with lamb sausage were fine, but not exceptional. My husband had the moussaka, and he liked it a lot! We shared the chocolate napoleon for dessert, and it was outstanding! Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. We will return to try other menu items that looked enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make over pays off!GuillermoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Formerly "Alba", we had a great meal on the terrace on beautiful summer evening. The service was great, as was the food and the overall feel of the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Well John and his staff have done it again. A very enjoyable meal with great squash blossom appetizers and fun picking a from an ever-changing and well thought out wine list. Lot's of lamb dishes to choose from since it's a Greek-Mediterranean theme. Everything is always well prepared. I think was our fourth visit and they are getting better. Next time... patio dinning outside, before winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattVIPDined on 7/25/2014Volta has great food. There is a very friendly staff. Be sure to give it a try. Perfect on summer eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed by a hipster partyned1Dined on 7/20/2014Went here for Sunday Greek menu dinner. Food was excellent, and the wine flight of Greek wines was very good. Service was friendly and attentive as it could be. The kitchen was obviously overwhelmed by a large party on the patio which also kept most of the wait staff occupied. The dining room patrons were somewhat neglected. The proprietor did make an attempt at amends by topping off our wine portions, and that was very appreciated. I will come back, and try again. The food is very nicely prepared, and the menu are innovative and healthy.Special Features:
- Good food but overpricedbartsDined on 7/18/2014We had a good meal (not great); unfortunately it was overpriced by quite a bit, particularly compared to other very good restaurants in Boulder. But for that, we would likely go back.Special Features:
- Always excellent food and service!BoulderGenieDined on 7/16/2014Our book group has been to Volta twice, and we have been very pleased both times. Our waiter gave us the perfect amount of attention, and food-allergy restrictions were accommodated knowledgeably. And of course every dish was delicious. Volta is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night OutABOADined on 7/12/2014We did the tasting menu with the wine pairing. Everything was tasty and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- ExcellentBonnieDined on 7/12/2014We had a superb dinner in a quiet setting that was conducive to conversation. Service also was superb. I will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!lankyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love this restaurant! The food is always excellent and there are always new choices on the menu, so you can't get bored. The night we were there recently the weather was great so the patio was crowded. But the indoors was still lovely and we had a wonderful meal. We will be coming back often.Special Features:
- new treatBerylVIPDined on 6/21/2014New Restaraunt to us during our visit to Boulder. Food, service, and ambiance were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food but very slow servicemaxiDined on 6/15/2014The food was tasty and good but it took an exceptional amount of time to get the food out. The server was great but the time to get the food was too long considering the restaurant was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSKY1VIPDined on 6/15/2014The staff is welcoming and pleasant but the service needs to be improved. The wait time between courses was pretty long.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, over priced foodTJC68Dined on 6/11/2014Our bill was $80 for 2 glasses of wine, a chicken dish and a fish dish. Food was ok, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Wow! Our new favorite restaurant!Berky64VIPDined on 6/10/2014We've fallen in love with Volta! The food is both interesting and delicious. Most Greek and other Mediterranean food we've had in many cities is just variations on the same fast food menu of hummus, etc. Volta leaves that concept in the dust. We especially liked the lamb dishes and a delectable asparagus salad. The space is very pleasing, too. Indoors is open and airy with playful art. Outdoors is a delightful patio with splashes of color that evoke the Mediterranean. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on a Beautiful PatioHBoulderDined on 6/2/2014I had a great meal and beverages with 5 friends on a warm summer night in the patio of Volta. I had fresh fish that was done well and a tasty rose. The waiter was very attentive and the owner even took our order. I've also had the lamb burger and LOVED it! Add easy parking and this place is a great one to get together with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volta LuncheonYikesDined on 6/2/2014Wonderful fresh food and exceptional service. Laura was delightful. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always pleased at VoltaFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our third time at Volta and it was very enjoyable. They do a great job with fresh fish, They source well and the preparation of my blue fish was excellent. The grilled whole fish dishes are flavorful and have a beautiful crispness. They have a big list of carefully selected wines with a lot of Greek and other very unique selections.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/28/2014Took some friends for their first visit, and they LOVED it!Special Features:
- Greek Night was our choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Every Sunday is Greek night. The rest of the week it is a more diverse menu. Our Pastitsio and Greek Gnocchi were really good.Special Features: