Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
2480 Canyon Blvd
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://voltaboulder.com/
- Phone: (303) 938-8800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:30 - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2:30pm
Always on Sunday Greek Night: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Christopher Canales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music, Fridays and Saturday nights, 6-8:30pm
- Special Events: Please contact Eleni Deering at 3039388800 for further information regarding any special events. Thanks!
A word from Volta Mediterranean Restaurant
Volta means a “turn” or “journey.” Take a journey into the exquisite food, wine, and mixology that comprise the Volta dining experience. Enjoy organic Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with Greek influences, prepared and served using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Volta is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, a friendly dinner or business gathering. Our elegant dining room, bar and patio can accommodate parties of 1 to 101. We offer you seasonal and soulful food, wine and service in a beautiful and inviting setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)good for groups (10)romantic (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent dinner!LongmontFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I dined at Volta this week and couldn't have been more pleased by the quality of food and service. Volta offers an interesting menu of Mediterranean dishes, all artfully prepared and presented. Everything we ate was outstanding. My husband particularly savored his tomato soup, and I loved the "Jackson Pollack" fish dish. Jon, the owner, is very warm and welcoming. Volta deserves more attention and acclaim!Special Features:
- Amazing fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had the whole grilled fish--excellent, excellent. The wait staff was perfectly attentive and helpful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food mediocre,wait staff friendly but had very dirty apron on,did not clear dishes in timely manner, worst desserts we ever had. This is a restaturant"posing" as Mediterranean. It won't hold up in Boulder.
- Will Not Try AgainTc420Dined on 8/15/2014Food was sub-par at best. Waiter was ok, telling jokes were possible. I had the "jackson pollock" which was bland, with way too much dill in the rice.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/12/2014Loved the sampler plate! Excellent service--there when we needed something, left us to chat when we wanted.Special Features:
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 8/12/2014Volta is still ironing out the kinks, but it should be a winner once there. The problem with Greek food is that....it's Greek food - not something I'd seek out on a regular basis. Hope they make it because we all need variety.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food extremely good - great flavors and variety. Service - they try, but don't quite hit the mark. Bar - slow service.... Kitchen - not sure what is going on....slow....yet not full restaurant
- Pleasant diningluvfinefoodDined on 8/6/2014At six on a weeknight, the restaurant wasn't busy. and we sat on the patio, which was lovely and quiet. Food was very good, although I thought the balsamic dressing on the eggplant salad was a little strong for my taste. The chicken skewers and salad with lamb sausage were fine, but not exceptional. My husband had the moussaka, and he liked it a lot! We shared the chocolate napoleon for dessert, and it was outstanding! Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. We will return to try other menu items that looked enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make over pays off!GuillermoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Formerly "Alba", we had a great meal on the terrace on beautiful summer evening. The service was great, as was the food and the overall feel of the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Well John and his staff have done it again. A very enjoyable meal with great squash blossom appetizers and fun picking a from an ever-changing and well thought out wine list. Lot's of lamb dishes to choose from since it's a Greek-Mediterranean theme. Everything is always well prepared. I think was our fourth visit and they are getting better. Next time... patio dinning outside, before winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattDined on 7/25/2014Volta has great food. There is a very friendly staff. Be sure to give it a try. Perfect on summer eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed by a hipster partyned1Dined on 7/20/2014Went here for Sunday Greek menu dinner. Food was excellent, and the wine flight of Greek wines was very good. Service was friendly and attentive as it could be. The kitchen was obviously overwhelmed by a large party on the patio which also kept most of the wait staff occupied. The dining room patrons were somewhat neglected. The proprietor did make an attempt at amends by topping off our wine portions, and that was very appreciated. I will come back, and try again. The food is very nicely prepared, and the menu are innovative and healthy.Special Features:
- Good food but overpricedbartsDined on 7/18/2014We had a good meal (not great); unfortunately it was overpriced by quite a bit, particularly compared to other very good restaurants in Boulder. But for that, we would likely go back.Special Features:
- Always excellent food and service!BoulderGenieDined on 7/16/2014Our book group has been to Volta twice, and we have been very pleased both times. Our waiter gave us the perfect amount of attention, and food-allergy restrictions were accommodated knowledgeably. And of course every dish was delicious. Volta is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night OutABOADined on 7/12/2014We did the tasting menu with the wine pairing. Everything was tasty and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- ExcellentBonnieDined on 7/12/2014We had a superb dinner in a quiet setting that was conducive to conversation. Service also was superb. I will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!lankyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love this restaurant! The food is always excellent and there are always new choices on the menu, so you can't get bored. The night we were there recently the weather was great so the patio was crowded. But the indoors was still lovely and we had a wonderful meal. We will be coming back often.Special Features:
- new treatBerylVIPDined on 6/21/2014New Restaraunt to us during our visit to Boulder. Food, service, and ambiance were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very slow servicemaxiDined on 6/15/2014The food was tasty and good but it took an exceptional amount of time to get the food out. The server was great but the time to get the food was too long considering the restaurant was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSKY1VIPDined on 6/15/2014The staff is welcoming and pleasant but the service needs to be improved. The wait time between courses was pretty long.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, over priced foodTJC68Dined on 6/11/2014Our bill was $80 for 2 glasses of wine, a chicken dish and a fish dish. Food was ok, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Wow! Our new favorite restaurant!Berky64VIPDined on 6/10/2014We've fallen in love with Volta! The food is both interesting and delicious. Most Greek and other Mediterranean food we've had in many cities is just variations on the same fast food menu of hummus, etc. Volta leaves that concept in the dust. We especially liked the lamb dishes and a delectable asparagus salad. The space is very pleasing, too. Indoors is open and airy with playful art. Outdoors is a delightful patio with splashes of color that evoke the Mediterranean. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on a Beautiful PatioHBoulderDined on 6/2/2014I had a great meal and beverages with 5 friends on a warm summer night in the patio of Volta. I had fresh fish that was done well and a tasty rose. The waiter was very attentive and the owner even took our order. I've also had the lamb burger and LOVED it! Add easy parking and this place is a great one to get together with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volta LuncheonYikesDined on 6/2/2014Wonderful fresh food and exceptional service. Laura was delightful. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always pleased at VoltaFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our third time at Volta and it was very enjoyable. They do a great job with fresh fish, They source well and the preparation of my blue fish was excellent. The grilled whole fish dishes are flavorful and have a beautiful crispness. They have a big list of carefully selected wines with a lot of Greek and other very unique selections.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/28/2014Took some friends for their first visit, and they LOVED it!Special Features:
- Greek Night was our choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Every Sunday is Greek night. The rest of the week it is a more diverse menu. Our Pastitsio and Greek Gnocchi were really good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerWizzy2Dined on 5/22/2014We were celebrating our 26th anniversary and they quickly congratulated us with 2 free glasses of champagne. Food was very good as well as service. Would definitely go back. Want to try brunch and happy hour. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Just something missing.WallegirlDined on 5/16/2014This was our second visit to Volta having tried it during Restaurant Week and wanting to give it another try. We dined at 7 on a Friday and it was quiet. The menu was good and the food itself was very good - a little expensive though. Service was fine. It all just felt a bit "hit and miss" - the drinks order all came at different times, overall the service was slow which considering the number of full tables just didn't make sense. It was nice to have time to talk but it just lacked a certain something considering the price. The food is certainly on the same level as Salt, The Kitchen etc but they have more style and feel better value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!staceydDined on 5/16/2014If you are looking for a classy restaurant with amazing food this is it. The steak I ordered was the best I have ever had. Cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. It came with kale, whipped potatoes and roasted root vegetables. Really quite amazing. This place is a gem! The last time I was here I had a vegetarian option that was incredible. So they really have something for everyone.Special Features:
- high expectations?prioratratDined on 5/15/2014Thursday night 7:30, maybe six tables. Greeted by a friendly outgoing woman, who seated us and it was down hill from there. Server seemed harried although the restaurant was less than half full. Lingering over a meal is nice, waiting on a server is not. Kitchen wasn't much faster. Whole fish was overcooked and the greens were just greasy. The bread was too salty to eat. Nice wine list. We heard great things, but left sadly disappointed.
- A pleasant surpriseBoulder1Dined on 5/15/2014I don't want this to seem negative, we just didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Beautifully prepared, great ingredients. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- Second time disappointingwaterworksDined on 5/11/2014I went to Volta when it first opened, and I found the food very good. My family and I went to Volta for my birthday, and we were disappointed. My soup was way too lemony making it too acidic, and my husband's dish was too salty. My son thought he was getting a shoulder of lamb and instead he got shredded lamb on a bed of polenta and vegetables. It was good but not what he expected.
- Love VoltaJanebiteDined on 5/11/2014We went on Greek night and were pleased with their interpretation of Greek classics. We are of Greek heritage and know this food. Much appreciated the Horta served with our meals. The chicken was succulent. Best baklava ever. A nice selection of Greek wine. We'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food, slow servicefoiehahaDined on 5/11/2014Server took ten minutes to greet our table and we were the third table in the door. Apps were fine, but they came out ten minutes apart even though we ordered them together. Server neglected our table and took other tables orders that had arrived much later ahead of ours. She took our entree order and at this time both apps had been cleared. 40 minutes after placing our entree order our server said they would be taking care of a round of mimosas and that the dishes would be out shortly. 40 minutes to cook six simple brunch dishes... someone was struggling clearly. Our server either forgot to put in our order or the kitchen is seriously incapable. 60 minutes after we ordered... cold food. Mother's Day brunch=worst Boulder dining exp thus far
- Creative Mediterranean FoodtrablitzDined on 5/10/2014'The food at Volta has been consistently good. All the dishes were cooked to perfection and you could taste the freshness and the flavors. I'd like to see more choices on the menu though. Also, there is no type of bread or cracker for the gluten free customers, so when you order the flambe' cheese appetizer you eat it alone! I do like the ambience and there is a nice bar to hang out at.Special Features:
- Getting Better!Boulderfoodie58Dined on 5/10/2014Thought it was good on a previous occasion but would say it was even better this time around-- still would like to see a bit more diversity in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014The food was really good but it took over an hour to get the main course and we only got it after we asked where it was ? Prices are high and we were overcharged for the wine. I doubt if we will go backSpecial Features:
- good place for a groupLikestohikeDined on 5/9/2014The night we went there were lots of graduation parties in the restaurant so the noise level was quite loud! I'm not sure what it woudl be like on a more normal evening. The food was excellent, though I think some dishes were better than others. The duck breast and the steak were great. Maybe the salmon less so. Some of the vegetables were just wonderful, whereas asparagus was a little woody and tough. Very attentive and helpful and friendly service.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Volta Mediterranean Restaurant reviews archive.
- A Hidden Gem of a RestaurantAusmullerDined on 5/3/2014Volta offers fresh, farm (or sea) to table food in an open, airy atmosphere. The saganaki (Greek flaming cheese) was done to perfection. The wine list is impressive. The Macedonian red wine I chose, although pricier than what I would normally drink, complemented the meal well. The servers were attentive, without hovering. On the Saturday night that I dined there, they had a pianist playing and singing standards, and she was terrific. The music was just perfect for the setting. I will go back for the Greek night.Special Features: