228 North Market Street
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://voltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3016968658x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Lounge: Tuesday - Friday: 3:00 - close: Saturday - Sunday 11:30am - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Voltaggio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and meeting space is available in our Conservatory. The Conservatory seats between 6 - 12 persons. In the conservatory we offer audio | visual capabilities for presentations. In addition to our conservatory, we have the option of hosting your event in the Gallery.
The Gallery showcases a collection of local artists work and can accommodate events up to 32 persons. Please ask for Julie South, Events Coordinator.
- Private Party Contact: Julie South 3016968658x205
- Special Events: VOLT is available for private parties and our dedicated dining team is on hand to assist in planning your event. Everything from menu selection to wine pairings can be custom designed for a memorable occasion.
We offer a number of settings for your private event.
The Conservatory is available for parties of up to 12 guests.
Audio/visual capabilities are available in the conservatory.
Chef's Dining Room can be reserved for parties of up to 20 guests.
The lounge may be available for larger parties.
Audio/visual capabilities are available.
For a wedding reception, social affair or corporate event, we offer the possibility of exclusive use of the restaurant. We can accommodate up to 70 guests for a seated dinner and 175 guests for a cocktail reception and provide the full attention of our entire staff.
To discuss availability and pricing please contact Julie South at (301) 696-8658.
- Cross Street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary parking starting at 5:00PM. Our lot is located adjacent to the front entrance to VOLT, off Market Street. Off street parking is also available in the Church Street Deck - located at 17 E. Church Street. Directions to entrance on Church Street:
From Market Street, take a right onto Church Street, then immediate left into parking garage.
A word from VOLT
VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. “The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques.” said Voltaggio. VOLT’s relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color pallet that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
VOLT reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (266)fit for foodies (256)romantic (156)notable wine list (127)neighborhood gem (72)great for brunch (64)hot spot (43)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (18)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- O-VER THE TOP A-MA-ZING!!TANYAVIPDined on 8/29/2014I had heard that this place was the hot ticket in Frederick, but my knowledge in no way prepared me for the dining experience I was about to have. I've lived in New York City and dined at some very nice places -- VOLT could compete with ANY of them (and probably blow some away!) The service was spotless, the cuisine artistic and incredibly flavorful. The staff is infinitely informed and patient, and will explain each dish to full satisfaction. Be sure to try the foie gras terrine (cold) and wrap up with the chef's version of peach cobbler. You'll be so fascinated with the presentation of the dishes, you have to make yourself remember that you need to savor the food on the plate. This is an art gallery experience tha tastes AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealDnDnDDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I genuinely enjoyed our dining experience at Volt. We did the pre fix menu - which included delicious food and wine pairings. The service and ambiance were fantastic. The course timing was excellent and the staff was very approachable and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best meal of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Every bite was an event. Trying to describe it in words would be stupid, it was that good. Beyond that, the service was absolutely perfect in every way, I give it a 10/10.Special Features:
- 30th anniversaryLisaGDined on 8/24/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Volt and it was perfect in every way! The food was stupendous as was service! Frank was our waiter and helped to make our evening better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOwingsmillsfoodieDined on 8/23/2014If you love experiencing different flavors with wine pairing, you have to dine with Bryan Voltaggio and team. Every detail was perfect. From the tableware to the service, and of course the food was the highlight. The coffee cake to go was such a lovely touch! The price is really up there, but worth every dollar!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first time at Volt. We wanted a special place for our anniversary and Volt certainly came through. The food was superb and the service was quite unbelievable. We have never had so many people waiting on us. The only downside is the cost. I am sure it rivals DC and New York in quality, but it is certainly the most expensive meal we have ever had. As wonderful as it was, dinner at Volt will have to be relegated to a once a year event. We would like to try the Sunday brunch which friends have told us is terrific....and a far more economical way to enjoy Volt's delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sykesville101Dined on 8/23/2014Energetic and attentive staff. Not many restaurants can offer such a wide range of taste & flavor experiences for your taste buds! Outstanding night out, celebrated my oldest daughter's birthday in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three for brunch3dinnersDined on 8/23/2014I took my friend to the Volt for her retirement. The three of us had never been there but had heard a lot about how great it was. We were not disappointed. Food and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 21TAPMDVIPDined on 8/22/2014Table 21 gives you an up close and personal experience with your chefs. You see every tweezed micro-green painstakingly placed. This kitchen operates with quiet skill and precision and turns out amazingly innovative, beautiful and intensely flavorful food. 21 small plates paired with complimenting wines was an incredible experience I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 21 at VOLTNapesDined on 8/21/2014My evening was phenomenal! I opted for Volt's Table 21 experience, which is 21-course tasting of the menu. What an amazing variety of dishes! The menu showed off the versatility of Chef Voltaggio and appealed to a wide range of palates. My serve, Carlo, was knowledgable and accommodating, and my service was fantastic! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat YourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Four mom's out on the town just wanted to get away. Volt topped the night with great food, service and just the perfect experience to feel taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJimbo63Dined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at VOLT. The dinner was memorable and the food was delicious. In the past we have visited Mortons's in Bethesda for this event and enjoyed it. We even had our favorite waiter and each anniversary dinner was superb. VOLT surpasses Morton's in every way. The wait staff was polite and friendly. The wine was delicious and the price was reasonable from our point of view. We WILL return and not just for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicekeylimeDined on 8/20/2014Anything you have ever heard-- positive-- about this restaurant is true. Beautifully presented food, and as delicious as it looks. Knowledgeable staff and excellent service. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Sophisticated dining, a rare treat, Frederick's culinary treasure. The service is knowledgeable, impeccable, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingfoodfindsDined on 8/17/2014Great food, great staff, great environment. I took my girlfriend for our one year anniversary and she was blown away. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Food is taken to a level well beyond a home cooks ability- what you get is creative, beautiful and most importantly delicious. Service is exactly at the level it shoud be for a restaurant of this caliber. Dining here is a worthwhile experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MegsDined on 8/17/2014Volt never fails to impress! The service is excellent, the food is incredible and I enjoyed every moment of my experience there.Special Features:
- Had everything but one thing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was perfect, but Volt did not remember it was my daughter's 19th birthday. My wife and I were so impressed with our anniversary dinner in June, we thought this would be perfect. Disappointed with this special occassion lapse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hype...Jess6521Dined on 8/16/2014Sometimes you go to a high-profile restaurant and have such high expectations that they cannot be met. This is not that place. VOLT's food and service were simply impeccable. We dined a la carte and none of our choices disappointed. Go for the pork belly, it's out of this world. Many small surprises from the chef throughout dinner. We will definitely be back and highly recommend. Less formal was the outside area, which was cozy and quaint. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- great servicefoodislifeDined on 8/16/2014while i enjoyed the food, the standout here was the service. great attention paid to detail and lots of great extras...service was impeccable!!!Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014It is located in a historic district and has a relaxing atmosphere. I had a tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was delicious and good selection of wine, mostly Italian. The waiting staff was very friendly and attentive. It was worth one hour drive from Potomac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014I was slightly hesitant because I had a mediocre experience at lunch in the Range. My visit exceeded expectations. The food was first rate, inventive use of spices, tastes, aromas in good combinations. Service is impeccable, adaptive and very attentive. And, contrary to other reviewers, we were given too much food, more than we could finish. Nice touch the chefs offers at the beginning and the end. It is worth the long drive.Special Features:
- Heard about it, tried it....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014...and it was great. Really enjoyed our dinner. Service was efficient yet friendly and easy-going; great variety of choices, everything we tasted was fine and interesting. Will recommend and definitely visit again...plan to try tasting menu next time. ThxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The wife and I celebrated our 4yr wedding anniversary and the food and service was phenomenal and we loved every minute of the nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food still excellentRussDined on 8/13/2014Another fantastic trip to Volt. My wife and I tried the 2 different 6-course tasting menus with wine pairings. There was lots of sharing and everything was superb. I ordered the protein based courses while she ordered the nuts and berries themed dishes. I started out certain that she made a major tactical error and I was prepared to gloat, but every course served was tasty. The dishes were satisfying yet left one eager to reach the next selection. The wine pairings: While we both thought the selections worked very well, this is my only negative comment; the somm (or sometimes the server) merely poured the wine and read the label. I can do that - I wanted to know why each wine was selected. The service was very attentive, but a little rushedSpecial Features:
- Great foodMiamiDCdinerDined on 8/13/2014Heard so much about Volt and booked a reservation for mid-week. Service was quick and attentive. Six course menu was inventive, mostly delicious (with exceptions of the cheesy squid ink pasta with the gummy, unappealing texture and mixed berries -yawn.). Salmon with grapefruit juice and clams with smoked parsnip sauce were amazing- I could eat that all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Volt made our anniversary dinner special and memorable. The entire staff is top notch. We spent a lovely 2.5 hours there and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPandabearDined on 8/10/2014I would only complain about one dish the carrot desert. I am One to like most things and this a could not eat. Nor could my wife. All other dishes were excellent and the wine outstanding. The service was very good also very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okayReenDined on 8/10/2014After hearing so many great things about VOLT I was disappointed when we went for a special occasion brunch. The service was excellent. The presentation of each of the courses was amazing, but the actual food and flavors were just okay.
- Always funoreocheesecakeVIPDined on 8/10/2014We ate in the dining area with a view of the kitchen, which was very well run and worked like clockwork. Food was delicious. Bacon brioche was a true winner. Servers were well informed and worked well together.Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your Time and MoneyAndyDined on 8/9/2014The meat and vegetables were of so-so quality and the attempts to infuse new and creative flavors failed for most dishes. The setting and furnishings were quite bland as well. The service was the only aspect which came close to measure up to fine dining standards. I had the tasting menu and five of the six items on the menu were the same offerings on the a la carte menu, with three of the items being tasteless seafood dishes. It seemed to us that the chef was trying to get rid of kitchen food items that would probably go bad soon. The tasting menu should have featured the best a la carte dishes or entirely new items not on the a la carte menu. The entire experience, minus the service, was very disappointing.
- Incredible Dining ExperienceDebmomDinesDined on 8/9/2014Volt is an incredible dining experience all the way around. The service was fantastic. The servers were all knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, and there were plenty of them. They were attentive without being overly so. The food was interesting and beautiful, and tasted exceptional. The win pairings were perfect. Utensils were changed between each course. There were some interesting pieces as well. A surprise before dinner, after dinner and to take home were presented and just added to the experience. Water glasses were never empty. No detail was too small or overlooked.Special Features:
- Value...?PriceDined on 8/8/2014The food and ambiance were lovely. The problem arose from the menu itself. To have a tasting menu that leaves you wanting to go next door for a pizza afterward is unfortunate. The food was delicious but to walk out after spending close to $500 on a dinner for two to have only tasted food, to have order one round of mixed drinks, and to have a wine pairing with dinner, left us wanting. Ultimately I have eaten at comparable, if not better, restaurants for half the price.Special Features:
- RecomendedbyFriendsDined on 8/7/2014Our friends had recommended it and our experience told us they didn't steer us wrong.Special Features:
- SuperbgoodfoodDined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Excellent food & service. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Slow down!luvtowineanddineDined on 8/5/2014We got to Volt at 6:30 and they sent us to the bar. We ordered drinks and did not even get them when the hostess asked us to go to the table. We no sooner got our drinks and they started the food and wine pairing at about 6:40. The first 5 courses came out so fast that we just barely finished the previous course and the next one was coming. This was supposed to be a romantic special evening and I was a little disappointed considering it was $150 + $90 more for each of us for the dinner and wine pairing. If it had been paced out like it should have been over 3 hours this would have been a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VOLT for BrunchCTfromPADined on 8/3/2014We are so glad we did: the staff was gracious and accommodating. We sat in the kitchen view area, the staff was well informed, welcoming, and skilled. The food we ordered, from the prix fixe menu, gave us both something we liked at a good price, especially considering the level we were expecting. The room is sparse, but clean, well appointed, and welcoming. They even sat us on the same side of the table since I had mentioned we wanted to have a view of the kitchen: this is something small and easy to do but is often overlooked. The food was amazing especially for a brunch. The menu was varied and broad, and while I dont keep track of what I ordered, ever, my daughter could recite the menu chapter and verse she liked the options so much.Special Features:
- SlickDined on 8/2/2014Smaller than expected portions, off the wall choices, mediocre food, pooooooor service, food explanation never enunciated or directed to correct person, one dessert was not edible and no substitution was offered. Too many things not to our liking.Special Features:
- Worth the 45 minute driveJoellVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our first time here since he was on Top Chef with his brother. We did the tasting menu and loved every single plate!!! Everything was amazing! We are definitely making another reservation!!! We are the doing the Table 21 next!Special Features:
- 20 Year AnniversaryBubbaDined on 7/30/2014I wanted to go someplace memorable and special for our 20th Anniversary. VOLT fit the bill. I am not a foodie and I am normally anti-fancy restaurant. Food taste is what matters to me, not ambiance or presentation. The food was delicious and despite the small portions, I struggled to finish the food. By the time they brought out the third dessert selection, I said "No mas!" Highly recommend for special occasions and doing something different. The biggest surprise was you made me like liver. I may not be able to forgive you for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.