Volt Restaurant and Lounge
400 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Volt Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.detroitmarriott.com/
- Phone: 3135688000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Franz Josef Zimmer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Volt Restaurant and Lounge
Treat yourself to contemporary Downtown Detroit dining highlighted by the cuisine of Chef Zimmer featuring light snacks, heartier fare and regional craft beers. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volt Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We had scheduled a business meeting over the lunch hour for a group of 8. The manager (Nick? Mike? don't recall) was very attentive to our needs and made sure we had a space. The server was very efficient, and quick on the drink refills. She even split checks for us, which was a huge time-saver for those who had to run to another meeting immediately following. The noise level was a little high for conducting business, but that's to be expected. We had a great experience overall.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Volt Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Just okdetroitfoodieDined on 1/25/2014First, don't make a reservation on open table. They don't use it. You probably don't even need one. We went on a Saturday night and it wasn't busy. It was nice for our group. Most of the food we got was pretty good. The "flash fried" popcorn shrimp was over cooked. Their menu didn't have anything special. It was mostly burgers and sandwiches. Their drinks were delicious. Volt wouldn't be my first choice for a restaurant in Detroit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VoltDeniseDined on 1/17/2014Ideal downtown location close to area attractions.Special Features:
- Should not be on Open TablejudybVIPDined on 1/1/2014They do not take reservations and there isn't even anyone to check in with to show you to a table. This hotel restaurant merely has tables set up and it's a free for all to grab a table. This was on New Year's day evening when nearly every other restaurant in the Marriot Hotel in Detroit and in most parts of Detroit were closed. 100,000 people were in town for the NHL classic and this bankrupt city doesn't have the good sense to capitalize on that ... but I digress. Please remove Volt from open table.
- A great food bar.JerryDined on 1/1/2014It was a bit too busy for my liking being New Years Eve but despite the over crowded environment the waitress found us a table and was able to attend to us more than I would have thought with the number of customers. Volt has a great view of Windsor and the Detroit River, a good menu, and a bar staff who know how to mix a good bloody cesar. A great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Reservation Actually ExistedVoltDined on 12/31/2013We booked this restaurant for a group for New Years Eve a few days before the event. On the day of we called the restaurant directly to see if we could add one more to our party. We were told they did not have a reservation for us nor had they been taking any reservations for several days. With no other option, we tried to go to the restaurant that night as planned and it was nothing more than a first come first serve lounge with not so much as a hostess stand. It was a nightmare and we ended up going elsewhere.
- Food is good but terribleTInaDVIPDined on 11/14/2013Food is good but terrible service. Very slow, needed more runners. Took over 45 minutes to get our food mad we were there at 11:25 a.m.Special Features:
- Volt DOES NOT take reservations!MumsyMiaDined on 10/9/2013I really enjoyed my dining experience here. The only problem I had was because Open Table took a reservation, and the bar doesn't even take them. Seating is on a walk in basis. The service was fantastic, ambiance and decor was great! My husband's steak was overcooked, but my food was delicious. I had the salmon and sweet potato mash with a ceaser salad. The salad was delicious! I am certainly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantTeeJayDined on 9/28/2013This was my and my husbands first visit. He had Spaghetti and I had the braised beef tips. We were both satisfied. The staff was oh so friendly. The only drawback is that service is a bit slow, but their kindness does makeup for that one downfall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volt - a great findBroadwayJVIPDined on 9/7/2013Volt provides interesting menu choices that are tasty and nicely presented. All the meals seemed to include fresh ingredients and portions were just the right size.Special Features:
- Great Environment and LunchAudiodadDined on 8/17/2013I was really surprised by this "hotel lobby bar" and the pleasant environment and food selection. It is one one the nicest hotel bars I've been to, and the food was excellent. It was a busy day, so service was just a bit slow, but the place was buzzing and very fun for a Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice River ViewJerryDined on 6/24/2013Excellent indoor and outdoor dining options. Good food, good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.