7725 Jericho Turnpike
Woodbury, NY 11797Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.volperistorante.com/
- Phone: (516) 802-7501
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Cinicola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private catered events. Call to discuss menus and pricing options.
- Entertainment: The restaurant features live music during the week
- Special Events: Available for private events such as birthday parties, engagement celebrations, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and more.
A word from Volpe Ristorante
Fine dining restaurant featuring classic cuisine and table side preparation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Volpe Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Woodbury, NY ›
Volpe Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (14)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014We got married at Fox Hollow and wanted to come back to the place we got married to celebrate our one year anniversary. We clearly noted this on our reservation, and our anniversary wasn't even acknowledged. No piece of cake, not even a "Happy Anniversary". I expected more from a place that we spent THOUSANDS of dollars on only a year ago. That being said, the food was ok. I do not feel that it was worth the prices. We were seated right next to the piano and I felt my husband and I had to yell to each other over dinner. Overall, not the experience I had hoped for.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014From the food to the service everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a typical restaurant...HonestAnnieDined on 11/5/2014Volpe is unusual because it is tucked in among the bldgs. of The Fox Hollow Inn. We were surprised by the excellent service considering some of the other reviews. We shared a delicious 4 cheese salad which was different and enjoyable. Our dinners were a generous portion of salmon & veal Milanese....all delicious with sides included. I did not rate excellent because bread was served a few slices at a time, and we had to ask for more. Restaurant became crowded toward 7:30pm but before that there were many tables available....my pet peeve is the usual restaurant practice of seating diners "piled up" at tables next to each other. Here it was the tables against the wall for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placechickenfingersDined on 11/1/2014not bad, food was pretty good. Service was slow, not attentive at all. My daughter wanted pasta with meat sauce and was told they didn't have it and couldn't make it. She ordered chicken fingers with fries, 3 strips with fries was 23 dollars, pretty shocking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Night worth the TripgoodeatsDined on 10/15/2014Finally had the opportunity to try Volpe's Wednesday Night Lobster Night for our anniversary. The food was good and plentiful, service was good, and the atmosphere soothing and quiet. Quite enjoyable, and we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try!LorraineMVIPDined on 10/11/2014Very nice experience. The staff was very pleasant and wine list very nice. Our meals were tasty and well worth it. Don't sit in the part of the restaurant with the piano. The man playing the piano and it was very loud and hard to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoxloversDined on 10/8/2014Menu is not that different from when it was the Rose/Hunt rooms, but they painted over all the beautiful wood!Special Features:
- One of our favorite spots.....BasoredVIPDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant has it all. It has elegant decor, great food, great service and on Saturdays it has a fantastic piano player. My wife and I had the mussel appetizer and it was out of this world. As well as their fresh fish. We are never disappointed with any choice that we made, except I wasn't happy with the puny martini, not good at all. But I still recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedaVIPDined on 9/26/2014had an excellent time. good food and service. Bar area was full, nice piano music playing. good time had by all.Special Features:
- RappDined on 9/19/2014Changes made are not for the best! No longer,table side Filet of Dover Sole, at $42 that is outrages. not many Patrons can filet this dish on there own. Limited bread,on the table. smaller portions.Special Features:
- Good food drab atmosphereSIBS69Dined on 9/13/2014We went here for my birthday on a Saturday night. the place was empty other than 2 tables. we knew it had been redone recently and looked forward to the updated atmosphere and cuisine based on what we saw on the website. The food was excellent but the menu was limited. Unfortunately the atmosphere was very drab and it seemed as though they only took partial effort to update the decor. There was a live piano player which added a bit to the ambiance. Although the food was good I would not rush back because I did not feel this was a place that I would like to dine again. We are big fans of the Scotto restaurant group and enjoy their other establishments much more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner!PaulaWDined on 9/9/2014We were on a business meeting, the place was beautiful and the food and the service were excelent. Really good prices as well!Special Features:
- The fox is not a true ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Volpe has good food but brands itself as an Italian restaurant, which it is not...there are only a few pasta or traditional Italian dishes on the menu which is actually eclectic. The Scotto Brothers need to rethink how they want to promote and market this restaurant. Aside from this, Volpe is a good choice for an evening of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bar and waitersDanHDined on 8/20/2014This is a great place and the only downside was the noise level, but this was coming mainly from one table in the corner. The 60ish men and women seem to be having the time of their lives and they weren't at all concerned about how their screeching laughter and non-stop loud-talking was affecting other diners, as well as the poor piano player. Horror-movie shrieking doesn't go well with romantic music. These are the same rude people who scream into cellphones on the train. Hopefully, next time will be better.Special Features:
- Great Foodnr021412Dined on 8/14/2014Food was amazing and we had great service. Would definitely go back and also recommend itI would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEdwinDined on 8/7/2014It's a great restaurant. The service and attention to detail is on point. We went a Thursday and the prime rib was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change Isn't Always For The BetterkathyDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant was always our place for special occasions. As the Rose Hunt Room we were never disappointed in any part of our experience. On our second visit to it as Volpe I find the new menu limited and not very interesting. I miss many of our old favorites. We were seated in the bar area because of a private party, not terrible, except for the noise level was high and it's too dark to read the menu!! The service is, as always, outstanding. We always request Pierro as our waiter and he is a true professional. He remembers our favorite drinks and appetizers and is the best asset they have. We will probably return - mostly for the service and the experience but I'm unhappy that the food and atmosphere has become mediocre.
- The following 223 reviews are from the Volpe Ristorante reviews archive.
- All Around Amazing Meal!SicilianChefVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had dinner on Saturday, July 26th with my husband. We had such a great meal. We were promptly greeted by the host who was as nice as could be. We were shown our table which was a great location overlooking one of the garden areas that served as the cocktail hour for weddings, one of which was going on as we dined. Our server, Steve S. was friendly and knowledgeable. The attention to detail at this well appointed restaurant is nothing short of amazing. From the decor to the ambiance to the food, all were top notch. We were looked in on by our host a few times which was a nice touch, but NOT overbearing. After reading the other "lukewarm" reviews, I have to wonder if the "haters" actually dined at this restaurant. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. We were married at the Fox Hollow and it was great to be back. We had a lovely romantic dinner and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Good Lobster, OK NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014Visited Volpe for Lobster Night, and felt a bit like 2nd class citizens. Soup was served promptly, but several diners seated after us were served during the 20 minutes before our salad course was served--only after we asked a server to check on it. The Caesar was oppressively salty and unevenly seasoned. Some leaves were extremely over-salted and others unseasoned. I did not finish it. The lobsters were as expected. An improvement would be to crack the shells in the kitchen to simplify things for the diner. My dinner partner really struggled to crack the shell, which detracted from the experience. We sat next to the live piano music, which was good but pushed up the overall noise level, as did sing-alongs for a b'day and anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeansVIPDined on 6/27/2014They are under new management and need to update their menu on the website...There were 2 items that I came in for that were no longer available...however the chef accommodated me and did make me one of them, a veal milanese which was delicious!Special Features:
- Ain't what it used to be!SadieDined on 6/20/2014Fun watching the brides, but the food was so so. The duck should be taken off the menu--it ain't what it used to be. The saving grace was our waiter of many, many years. He's the only reason we'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On or offOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/4/2014The French onion soup was possibly the best I've ever had so expectations were high at the beginning of the meal. But then the Ceasar salad was one of the worst I've had. It had no flavor other than peccorino romano, not even shaved parmesean. I had a steamed lobster next and it was over-steamed and half of it was too rubbery to enjoy. I ordered tiramisu to go (I was staying at the Inn at Fox Hollow on the same property) and it was terribly dry just an hour later. The service, soup, and atmosphere were outstanding but given the multitude of fine dining options on Long Island, I doubt I will be back. Though I will certainly stay at the Inn at Fox Hollow every chance I get.Special Features:
- LeslieDined on 5/31/2014Very cold inside - the A/C was cranking when it was only 50 degrees outside. There was a photo-shoot for a newspaper during dinner which was distracting. The entree food (pasta dishes) was average for the price. The appetizer was great.Special Features:
- date nite IIIdateniteDined on 5/30/2014beautifully appointed reataurant, we enjoyed the live piano, the service and food were supperd.
- Now What I expectedLevyDined on 5/24/2014Service was slow. The place wan't even that busy. Bread came without butter. Food was warm but not hot. Portions where average.
- Scotto's?PealyDined on 5/24/2014When you are going to eat at a restaurant that is owned by the Scotto Brothers you expect that the pasta would be amazing, unfortunately our food was average at best. We were all looking forward to eating at this restaurant but we're so disappointed. The restaurant was beautiful and the service was great but the food didn't match the ambiance.Special Features:
- Love it!totesfoodieDined on 5/21/2014Came here for lobster night. The food was AMAZING! The service was a little slow but the food more than made up for it. They also re decorated it and its just lovely now. looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 5/10/2014I was very disappointed in this restaurant. I thought it was a renovated room in Fox Hollow, but it was the same room I had been in years ago for a wedding. My wine glass was not only dirty it had drops of water on it as if it were just rinsed prior to pouring. I had the Bronzino which was fine. However, the rest of the meal was just fair. It's the same food one gets in a catering venue which Fox Hollow is. The lava cake was terrible. It was not lava cake. It was a small round cake with a hole in it and they poured warm chocolate sauce onto it. Sorry, but I won't be returning
- New renovatedjoyfulVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was very good.............................spoiled by inadequate serviceSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemluvnuplacesDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant is located in the Fox Hollow catering hall. It was a beautiful entrance way into the building. The restaurant was spacious and had 2 rooms for seating. We sat in the room with a fireplace and windows overlooking the gardens. Our party enjoyed restaurant week's special menu. All of our meals were delicious which included an appetizer, entree, and dessert. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and had a relaxing evening dining. The waiter was excellent and we never felt rushed. We would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food, piano, and romanticDrJoDined on 5/2/2014First time we went. Ate every bit. Piano music was lovely and service professional. Will go back.Special Features:
- Italy on L.I.food4meDined on 4/30/2014Very good food on restaurant week find. Service was top notch. Got the ice cream order wrong! Orderd vanilla but got chocolate. Oh well??Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceAbcdef22Dined on 4/30/2014The staff went out of their way to help me with my father who had a stroke and is in a wheelchair. The waiter even cut his food into small pieces for us. We felt pampered every minute. Plus the food was the best! Great variety and all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDSDdancemomDined on 4/29/2014Had a very enjoyable evening at Volpe. We were a group of 5 and were seated in the main dining room, which was empty, surprisingly. Our server was nice and took our drink order. We ordered from the restaurant week menu, which had quite a few choices. My only complaint was the dessert selection. It was either the blood orange mascarpone cheese "cake" or vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Other than that, we weren't rushed and had an adequate amount of time to enjoy our evening.Special Features:
- deedaVIPDined on 4/22/2014Had dinner at Volpe on tuesday 4/22. They advertise Tuesday as "wine down tuesdays - 50% off selected bottles of wine. We asked the waiter what wines were 50% off. He didn't know. Came back to the table a with a bottle of Red wine and siad this is 50%off. We asked about others, he said this is the only one, we asked to taste it and no one liked it. The waiter said "yeah I have been told it is acidy" however this is the only choice, really I would not consider one bottle of wine "Selected bottles". Food was good, except for the veal chop which was ordered medium rare and came out, dry and tough. Overall we had a good dinner but not great and the bill was $300.00 which did include one $25.00 bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningFdollieVIPDined on 4/10/2014We went to celebrate a friends birthday and were delighted that it was a Thursday Prime Rib nite. for $24 we got a great prime rib, potato, salad and soup. Couldnt be beat for the price. The ambiance is great and you can hear what your friends are saying. Lovely live piano music and great food. Delightful.Special Features:
- Food was Magnificent!BluewolfmoonDined on 3/18/2014I went here with some girlfriends from work, and we had a wonderful time. The Lemon Drop was unique and very "yummy" (Her words!). All of the food was flavourful and beautifully presented. Highly recommend this and will definitely be going againiSpecial Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I got married at Fox Hollow three years ago and each year we continue to come back to dine at the restaurant on our anniversary! The food is excellent as is the service. It truly reminds us of our wedding day and why we chose such a wonderful venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.CadetDDined on 2/15/2014The location was luxurious, the food was excellent, but what really impressed us was the service. From the concierge to our waiter, we were treated like V.I.P.s. Our reservation was for the piano room, but as I mentioned that this was a special occasion, we were offered a more quiet and romantic location where would could still hear the music, but have more privacy. Lovely decor and great view from the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.