Volcano Asian Cuisine
10440 E. Arapahoe Rd
Centennial, CO 80112Neighborhood:
HibachiPrice: $30 and under
Volcano Asian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.volcanoasiancuisine.com/
- Phone: (303) 662-8111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hibachi, Chinese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We deliver sushi and Chinese food.
A word from Volcano Asian Cuisine
Volcano Asian Cuisine is a magnificent modern Asian restaurant that features Hibachi Grills, Sushi and Chinese, all under one roof making this place truly one of a kind in Denver! When making a reservation be sure to note wither you want the Hibachi Grill or not. Please note that lunch reservations are only needed for Hibachi Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volcano Asian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Best Hibachi in TownFoodQueenDined on 10/30/2014I decided on Volcano as in my opinion the other popular Hibachi restaurants have taken a dive and I came across this one that has higher ratings so I thought we'd give it a shot. The venue seemed to be an old Applebee's so not real upscale and it did have a funny smell at first. However, the staff was so friendly, attentive and the food, well, let's just say we will never frequent the other Hibachi restaurants in town again. The food was great! And the portions are not as small as the others (I like leftovers). Not everything tasted like soy sauce- the ginger dressing and soup-delish! My filet was cooked to perfection. Our party of seven all had something different off the Hibachi menu and everyone was very pleased. We will be back!Special Features:
- not so goodenjoylife48Dined on 10/18/2014food overpriced for the quality- staff kept apologizing for being so busy and not able to handle the customers-very chaotic and disorganized- entertainment jazz band was delightful and best part of experience.
- Quiet, too quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014I'm not sure if every Saturday night is so sparse, but my wife and I were two of maybe 15 people in the restaurant, which was much larger than apparently it needed to be. We also found the place uncomfortably quiet. With so few people in the restaurant, there should have been some ambient music playing or something to set the mood. Instead, the mood was uncomfortable. But the food was great, the hibachi show was well done and entertaining.Special Features:
- Great service, poor managementGabby5155VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our hibachi chef, Johnson, was amazing! So was our server meiling. However the manager was extremely rude. She harshly declined a substitution, which could have been handled with a much more service-oriented manner. She was unexpectedly rude and while I understand limited flexibility for substitutions, such questions can still be handled in a professional manner. I would recommend the restaurant, just don't have any special requests or questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Volcano Asian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Gluten Free FriendlygffoodieDined on 6/27/2014The waiter was very patient and answered all of our questions about which items were gluten free. The food was great!Special Features:
- volcano disaster struckdisappointmentDined on 6/15/2014Food was mediocre. Hibachi chef had no interactive skill nor speak English. Service was horrible & unfriendly. Ruined my son's birthday. There was no point of making reservations because he did not treat like special..Special Features:
- cleanliness???NightoutindenverDined on 5/23/2014We found the floor to be very sticky around our table and the women's bathroom smelled terrible. It seemed clean but the smell was awful. Our hibachi chef was a great showman and very pleasant although very soft spoken and hard to hear at times.Special Features:
- Great Hibachi BirthdayEnglewoodDined on 5/14/2014We had a great Kid Friendly Hibachi birthday celebration. Our Habachi chef was very charming and made a delicious and fun meal.Special Features:
- Great People and AWESOME FOODluvingreatfoodDined on 5/12/2014The people that work there are great and have an awesome attitude. We were on a mini-honeymoon and the Hibachi Master was just great, made us laugh and the food was excellent. I would definitely return there again.Special Features:
- Syed ZaidiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Food was great and Service was awesome very kids friendly. Chef was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Service!LuvThisPlaceDined on 4/19/2014I love this place! Besides the service and food tasting Amazing, they also cater to my Gluten Free Diet due to my Celiac Disease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MageeVIPDined on 4/16/2014What a nice surprise! The 4 of us enjoyed greatly the experience.Special Features:
- Overall Volcano was fantastic.MelissaDined on 4/12/2014We are from NC and have had plenty of hibachi style dinners. These types of restaurants are on every corner where we live. This restaurant was quaint and had five hibachi grills. The cook was very funny and put on quite a show. Our reservation was for 7pm and we didn't actually get to the table until closer to 8pm. We were starving by then! The food trickles to your plate so by the time the meat came, which was last, we were full. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Frills Sushi and Hibachicapndon66Dined on 3/14/2014While the local Sushi bars are overrun with people and packed this place is not overly crowded and the sushi was good. Service was quick, reasonably priced and food overall pretty good. Happy hour prices are very good. Restaurant has been remodeled to fit the Asian theme however the bathrooms are very outdated and dirty which would be my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing HibachiMindyCDined on 2/22/2014The hibachi was awesome- I had the shrimp and scallops, my husband had the calamari steak and lobster tail. The hibachi comes with soup, salad, shrimp & noodle appetizer, rice, veggies, and your choice of meat(s)- it's a ton of food. We had so much that we brought it home and had it for dinner the bext night. The hibachi chef was a lot of fun too. Great ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectDeaDPoeTDined on 2/16/2014the staff was wonderful and made the eating experience perfect, the cook did an amazing job performing and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids had funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentine's Day (wife and two kids). It was very busy so the service was a little slow, but friendly. We sat in the hibachi section and the cook was very young and was a little sloppy, but our food was all cooked properly and was tasty. We also had two sushi rolls which were both good especially the Super Spider Roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Selection & Excellent MusicYussel1Dined on 2/1/2014The menu has everything you can think of in oriental Eurasian cuisine. The live entertainment is excellent which you can catch on select evenings. Highly recommended for sushi and hibachi. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibachi and DeliveryCCSSDined on 1/24/2014We really enjoy this place. We order delivery almost weekly. They remember us each time we call. A group of us went in for the first time to have Hibachi. It was delicious and the services was outstanding. Very nice people can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great music, food not so muchCallmeVioletaDined on 1/18/2014I went here specifically to hear the jazz band and I was not disappointed. However, the food and service was not that great. Took forever to get food and drinks ordered - looked like they might have had only one or two servers. My friend had to go look for a glass of wine. I ordered the sesame chicken; it was supposed to be "spicy" but was not. It didn't have much flavor at all; not half as good as the Chinese restaurant next door. Saying that, my friend who ordered sushi really enjoyed it. I'll go back for the jazz but I don't know if I'll eat here again.
- Great food, staff and atmosphereLRSWYDined on 12/27/2013We came over Christmas break to Volcano. Their sushi is delicious but their Chinese dishes are also very good. The staff was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Loved how the kids becameYummyDined on 12/7/2013Loved how the kids became part of the experience! Wonderful hibatchi chef!thSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration worthy!LavaBoyDined on 12/5/2013When we needed to celebrate a milestone p birthday and turned once again to a favorite restaurant! Great food and an entertaining chef sure to please the entire family, regardless of age!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entertainment for kids.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/26/2013Great entertainment for kids. Chef Johnson is very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmareDined on 11/23/2013We Googled Volcano beforehand and were led to believe that this was an upscale ($$$) restaurant; business class dress code; must make reservations to get a table; great Asian cuisine; etc. We were almost the only ones not in jeans; lots of kids running around; very noisy; sweet & sour chicken was deep fried; definitely not a dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- No Sushi Happy Hour at Hibachi TablJRCSDined on 11/1/2013Overall the food and service was fantastic! The Hibachi chef was a bit hard to understand. And we were a little disappointed that we were not told we could order happy hour sushi while at the hibachi table beforehand - the total bill came out to about $50 per person, which is a bit excessive - next time pick one or the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passable food, not worth the pricedavidDined on 7/27/2013The food was ok, too salty and too much garlic for my tastes. They charged us for vegetable fried rice (without mentioning the charge). It didn't come with any vegetables in it, unless they were also charging us for the vegetables. The service was ok, no long waits. Overall, this place falls a little below par compared to most hibachi places I've been.Special Features:
- Good food but not much moreDrDineDined on 7/20/2013Food was really good but no atmosphere, it was Saturday night & place was maybe half full. Usually hibachi is fun & entertaining but there wasn't much enthusiasm from any of the chefs. Probably would not go back.Special Features:
- Amazing selection of Asian Cuisine!FoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2013I'm so glad we found this place. The food was excellent and at a great price. We ordered sushi, pad thai and took advantage of their great happy hour. I loved that they so much to choose from, but everything was really well done. I would recommend trying this place if you are in the mood for Japanese, Thai, Chinese or Hibachi. I know I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.