1919 S Meyers RD
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://volarerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (630) 495-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Everyday: 11:00am-12:00am
Live Entertainment: Friday and Saturday 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matteo Lo Bianco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Full catering & delivery menu available
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Check our website, Facebook page, or Twitter page for special events, wine dinners, etc.
A word from Volare West
Upscale Italian dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volare West reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (23)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Rushed serviceSaturdaynightVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our food was excellent, but the evening was spoiled by a waiter who rushed us throught the whole evening. It was a Saturday night and we were out for the evening with another couple, not rushing home on a weeknight. He asked for our order for dinner as soon as we sat down, when he brought the drinks and then minutes later, as we were still talking, trying to enjoy our cocktails. We ordered dessert and cappacinos (didn't sit and occupy the table without ordering dessert!) and he brought the check with dessert. After only two bites he was back, looking at the bill folder to see if we had our credit cards inside yet. He looked again every time he went by the table -- more attentive looking for the payment than the rest of the night. There were other empty tables so it isn't like there were people waiting for our seats, he just wanted another table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian TreatTomato2Dined on 11/9/2014Visited Volare West to celebrate a family birthday and had an enjoyable evening of dining. The grilled calamari was fantastic - tender and prepared perfectly. We also had an order of the eggplant roll-ups as an appetizer along with the warm bread, oil and marinara sauce. All of us were very pleased with our entrees which included the veal medallions, lasagna, whitefish, black spaghetti with lump crab, shrimp and scallops in a rose sauce (very yummy!) as well as the linguine with mussels/assorted seafood in an olive oil/garlic sauce. One member of our group is gluten sensitive and our server Chris was very helpful at offering suggestions and substitutions that satisfied. It was a very positive dining experience and would visit again.Special Features:
- First and last time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/20147:30 arrived on time, told few minutes, 7:45 asked how much longer, told few more minutes, 8:15 asked again, should not be much longer. 8:30 told hostess to cancel reservation, not waiting any longer. Hour past reservation w/o the courtesy of letting us know reservation was going to be delayed, decided if we eventually got seated (no telling since they kept saying a few minutes and appeared they were seating other people right away, who had not been waiting like us), if they were this bad about getting us a table, table service was probably going to be lousy also, and would probably bring food cold. So, it was us that canceled reserevation since they would not honor reservation made thru open table, others were more a priority to them.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was spectacular, room was noisy, table next to kitchen was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - tasteless foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014Service poor. Waiter expected us to yell our order at him rather than he move near the guest to hear them. Busboys spilled water and parmesan cheese on the table. Waiter never asked if everyone wanted a second drink. Food had no taste for an Italian restaurant. Manager walked around and smiled as if things were okay, but didin't really ask. Noise level the worst we have ever encountered at a restaurant. Would never return to Volare or recommend it to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014We have eaten several times at the downtown location and decided to try it since we live in the area. The young hostess needed a severe attitude adjustment, this spoiled our experience from the beginning. Waitress was fine but we felt rushed. Had the feeling that if we were regulars service would have been different. Food is better in the city.
- Great timefett2305Dined on 11/7/2014First time going to this restaurant but it will not be our last. The food was great service was even better. I would and Will recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Good food and good service once we got a waitress. Once we got a waitress the service was good and the baked clams are very good. But we waited almost 15 minutes to get menus and to be greeted by a waitress but once she came over and brought us menus both the service and the food where very good. the baked clams are excellent, the calamari was good. The chicken parmesan was delicious and the mezzi rigatoni was also good, as were the connoli and cream brule.Special Features:
- mizzwizzVIPDined on 10/28/2014Sauces are excellent and pasta made in house. What a combo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a group of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/21/2014This was not our first visit....but I always enjoy Volarie ambiance and, of course, the food. Loved that we could have 1/2 orders so we can order our favorites plus a chance to try another entrée. Loved the round table so we could talk to each other. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RobbieDined on 10/11/2014I celebrated my birthday here and what a place. Friendly atmosphere, crowded and cheers to chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food, as usual, as well as great service. This is our go-to place when we want great food, a comfortable atmosphere, and top notch service.Special Features:
- DisappointingMelissaVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have dined at Volare in the past and enjoyed great service and terrific food. This time, my husband I each ordered a soft shell crab appetizer - they were inedible. Soft shell crab should not be hard and chewy. I tried to tell the manager when he stopped by the table but he didn't let me finish my sentence before he walked away. The server was not attentive, and even asked me how my soup was before it even came to the table. My husband had the filet on special, and while the steak was quite good, the porcini sauce on it was completely cold. It appeared to be homecoming night in the area so it was crowded but the kitchen and servers seemed totally unprepared and were audibly complaining about the number of kids they had to serve.
- DeliciousitalianfoodieDined on 10/8/2014The food is fantastic. Our server Lawerence was extremely knowledgeable and guided us to the perfect wine and food choices. The pricing can get costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice OverallMikeVIPDined on 10/4/2014It's better than Olive Garden but not by much. I was rather put off when I asked the waiter to tell me what the regular customers ordered most often and he directed me to the most expensive daily special. Really? I can't recommend it and won't be back. It's not bad, it's just not that good either.
- Nice!DiscerningdinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Somewhat off the beaten path, Volare West was a nice find for dinner this past Saturday night. Service was attentive, and the food was quite good. Everything was served piping hot. The salmon entree was moist, well-seasoned and delicious. The brussel sprout salad was unique and a nice surprise. We will definitely dine there again!
- Loved dinner at VolareTarheelborn1VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a delightful dinner experience at Volare. The food was very good and we were very impressed with the wine. Desserts were the perfect size so we did not feel too guilty indulging. Chocolate mousse was outstanding.Special Features:
- Large party had a wonderful timeItalianfood1VIPDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating a birthday with a group of 10 people. We had no problems placing reservations. When we arrived we went to the bar while they got our table ready. The bar had live music which was very nice. After being seated our waiter came over and told our orders, made some recommendations and was otherwise very accommodating. The food was amazing. I had the seafood risotto, which was perfect. I also had the warm kale salad, another winner!! Unfortunately we were all filled after dinner that we didn't have the opportunity to try the desserts which looked fabulous. Maybe next time!Special Features:
- RayCVIPDined on 9/27/2014I took our neighbors here for dinner. All of our food was outstanding. Risotto, Pork Chop, Pasta and Sea Bass all were excellent. Drinks were also very tasty(martinis). Staff was very friendly. It was a beautiful night and the ambiance and dinner topped off a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialFunnfoodDined on 9/27/2014We dined, as we do every year, to celebrate the anniversaries of our friends as well as my wife and me. We go there because we know how excellent it is and we were certainly not disappointed. The service, atmosphere and quality of the food were spectacular and we had one of the most enjoyable evenings we have had in a long, long time. Thank you, Volare.Special Features:
- Blondie66Dined on 9/21/2014Not our first time there and definitely not our last !!!!!Special Features:
- Great night outDpopoDined on 9/13/2014My gf and I had a great experience, and would highly recommend volare west to anyone. The service, food, and ambiance was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Foods in the burbsDiningInTheBurbsDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding food and service for dinner. Hands down much better than MaggianosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off-night?SheilaBVIPDined on 9/13/2014My guest and I were early for our Saturday dinner reservation and it may have been an "off-night" or a case of not being fully into the usual level of service - the dinner was not at the level we were expecting. There was overall lack of attention from the servers - except the one bus person who tried to grab plates before we were finished with the course. The first basket placed on the table had stale bread - though it was replaced when we mentioned it to the server. The entrees were fine - nothing exceptional. The lack of the usual service level was disappointing.Special Features:
- Super Italian FeastMaryDined on 9/12/2014We hadn't been to Volare West for awhile but sure enjoyed the re-visit! We started out with the baked clams appetizer. They were small but delicious and had an awesome sauce. Each of our dinners(4) were very delicious. 2 of us had the Veal parmigiana--very tender and great! The cheese ravioli, which I had was very tender and tasty! One of us had the Fettucine Bolognese which she thoroughly enjoyed. Desserts were terrific and we loved the small glass serving bowls which were perfect for each of us--no need for sharing! Our server, Diane, was very friendly and she gave us excellent service. All-in-all, the evening was perfect!Special Features:
- DowntowngirlDined on 9/6/2014Best veal dish ever. The service was great. We werer regular visitors at downtown restaurants for years and always loved it. We were happy to find the same great food in the burbs.Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodmehaightDined on 8/31/2014Took my girl there for her 50th bday. Sent short message to volare asking for nice table and to make it a little extra special. They didn't even wish her a happy birthday upon arrival. Dissapointed with that for sure. Food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like You Had the Place to YourselfJDKnowzGoodFoodDined on 8/31/2014Service was so personal it felt as if we were the only customers in the bar & restaurant! Attentive, friendly and efficient. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious as always! Ask for Victor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaking ventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was fine, not spectacular. Servers were great, bust very busy. Would have been great for the group had we not needed to move about due to a leaking vent. People got wet, dripped into food which they kindly comp'ed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were seated at a small table up against a wall right by the kitchen entrance next to a large party who got all the attention. We had 2 waiters that each saw us 1 time only and we were not asked how our food was until we had finished and waiting for the check. Overall poor dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceTheItalianPrincessDined on 8/23/2014I have never been to this restaurant but selected it based on location. It was a perfect distance for our friends that we coming from Berwyn and the another from Roselle. Both parties were surprising pleased by the food, entertainment, service, and environment. Our waiter was attentive to our needs and we enjoyed the evening immensely.Special Features:
- rare findblissDined on 8/17/2014Love the menu great variety, not your typical, the food was deliciouus. Great service, love sitting outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajflan5ajflan5Dined on 8/12/2014I will be back. The service was very nice and patient. it was 3 friends catching up and as usual we closed the place. We will be backSpecial Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/9/2014I go here often for a meal. Service is top notch and food is also, with one exception. The appetizer pizza is mediocre at best. I would have not expected this to be the case at Volare. The chefs consistently do an excellent job. The second one I ever had was last night. The pizza was luke warm when served and without much flavor. It was cheese and prosciutto. The first was about a month ago. That one was served undercooked and the dough was soggy. But I believe all restaurants get a second chance with any dish so that's why I gave the pizza option another shot last night. Take my advice. Save your money. Order something else.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our experience2foodiesDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful meal and a romantic dinner. The wine list was exceptional. We will definatly be back. I enjoyed the linguine w clams and our waiter was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not recommendGiagiaDined on 8/7/2014Waitress recommended we have the grouper so we ordered it. Waitress came back way later and said they were out. She and another waiter came back and recommended the sea bass. We went with that. After quite a while they too came back and told us they were out. Anyways this went one again total 3-times. We ended up ordering things we didn't want and waiting an additional 2hr 15mins. The entire time we spent there was over 3-hrs. Btw we ordered ay 6:45pm, so it was early and total 10 people in entire restaurant. (Not 10-tables) just people, and no one outside.. We had a party of 6. We will not be back. Way too many good restaurants’s to go to. The whole staff could not have had any training; we can't believe this place will last.
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 8/2/2014Good spot. The food is good and our server was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 490 reviews are from the Volare West reviews archive.
- Authentic ItalianTrendy1Dined on 7/31/2014Very fresh and tasty food well prepared and beautifully servedSpecial Features:
- Recommended for special occasionsOccasionalDinerDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. The service was good and friendly. The items on the menu are not inexpensive, but for a nice meal or a special occasion it is worth it.Special Features:
- Italian PlusRelaxedDined on 7/20/2014A good choice before or after a show at Drury Lane. You'll find great Italian dishes, plus a nice array of less ethnic dishes. Great desserts, too!Special Features: