1919 S Meyers RD
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://volarerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6304950200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Everyday: 11:00am-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matteo Lo Bianco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Full catering & delivery menu available
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Check our website, Facebook page, or Twitter page for special events, wine dinners, etc.
A word from Volare West
Upscale Italian dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volare West reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great night outDpopoDined on 9/13/2014My gf and I had a great experience, and would highly recommend volare west to anyone. The service, food, and ambiance was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Foods in the burbsDiningInTheBurbsDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding food and service for dinner. Hands down much better than MaggianosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off-night?SheilaBVIPDined on 9/13/2014My guest and I were early for our Saturday dinner reservation and it may have been an "off-night" or a case of not being fully into the usual level of service - the dinner was not at the level we were expecting. There was overall lack of attention from the servers - except the one bus person who tried to grab plates before we were finished with the course. The first basket placed on the table had stale bread - though it was replaced when we mentioned it to the server. The entrees were fine - nothing exceptional. The lack of the usual service level was disappointing.Special Features:
- Super Italian FeastMaryDined on 9/12/2014We hadn't been to Volare West for awhile but sure enjoyed the re-visit! We started out with the baked clams appetizer. They were small but delicious and had an awesome sauce. Each of our dinners(4) were very delicious. 2 of us had the Veal parmigiana--very tender and great! The cheese ravioli, which I had was very tender and tasty! One of us had the Fettucine Bolognese which she thoroughly enjoyed. Desserts were terrific and we loved the small glass serving bowls which were perfect for each of us--no need for sharing! Our server, Diane, was very friendly and she gave us excellent service. All-in-all, the evening was perfect!Special Features:
- DowntowngirlDined on 9/6/2014Best veal dish ever. The service was great. We werer regular visitors at downtown restaurants for years and always loved it. We were happy to find the same great food in the burbs.Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodmehaightDined on 8/31/2014Took my girl there for her 50th bday. Sent short message to volare asking for nice table and to make it a little extra special. They didn't even wish her a happy birthday upon arrival. Dissapointed with that for sure. Food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like You Had the Place to YourselfJDKnowzGoodFoodDined on 8/31/2014Service was so personal it felt as if we were the only customers in the bar & restaurant! Attentive, friendly and efficient. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious as always! Ask for Victor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaking ventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was fine, not spectacular. Servers were great, bust very busy. Would have been great for the group had we not needed to move about due to a leaking vent. People got wet, dripped into food which they kindly comp'ed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were seated at a small table up against a wall right by the kitchen entrance next to a large party who got all the attention. We had 2 waiters that each saw us 1 time only and we were not asked how our food was until we had finished and waiting for the check. Overall poor dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceTheItalianPrincessDined on 8/23/2014I have never been to this restaurant but selected it based on location. It was a perfect distance for our friends that we coming from Berwyn and the another from Roselle. Both parties were surprising pleased by the food, entertainment, service, and environment. Our waiter was attentive to our needs and we enjoyed the evening immensely.Special Features:
- rare findblissDined on 8/17/2014Love the menu great variety, not your typical, the food was deliciouus. Great service, love sitting outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajflan5ajflan5Dined on 8/12/2014I will be back. The service was very nice and patient. it was 3 friends catching up and as usual we closed the place. We will be backSpecial Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/9/2014I go here often for a meal. Service is top notch and food is also, with one exception. The appetizer pizza is mediocre at best. I would have not expected this to be the case at Volare. The chefs consistently do an excellent job. The second one I ever had was last night. The pizza was luke warm when served and without much flavor. It was cheese and prosciutto. The first was about a month ago. That one was served undercooked and the dough was soggy. But I believe all restaurants get a second chance with any dish so that's why I gave the pizza option another shot last night. Take my advice. Save your money. Order something else.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our experience2foodiesDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful meal and a romantic dinner. The wine list was exceptional. We will definatly be back. I enjoyed the linguine w clams and our waiter was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not recommendGiagiaDined on 8/7/2014Waitress recommended we have the grouper so we ordered it. Waitress came back way later and said they were out. She and another waiter came back and recommended the sea bass. We went with that. After quite a while they too came back and told us they were out. Anyways this went one again total 3-times. We ended up ordering things we didn't want and waiting an additional 2hr 15mins. The entire time we spent there was over 3-hrs. Btw we ordered ay 6:45pm, so it was early and total 10 people in entire restaurant. (Not 10-tables) just people, and no one outside.. We had a party of 6. We will not be back. Way too many good restaurants’s to go to. The whole staff could not have had any training; we can't believe this place will last.
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 8/2/2014Good spot. The food is good and our server was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianTrendy1Dined on 7/31/2014Very fresh and tasty food well prepared and beautifully servedSpecial Features:
- Recommended for special occasionsOccasionalDinerDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. The service was good and friendly. The items on the menu are not inexpensive, but for a nice meal or a special occasion it is worth it.Special Features:
- Italian PlusRelaxedDined on 7/20/2014A good choice before or after a show at Drury Lane. You'll find great Italian dishes, plus a nice array of less ethnic dishes. Great desserts, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Volare is great for any type of occasion. We went for dinner. Their food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadbetterathomeDined on 7/11/2014The best part of the meal was the appetizer. The food is expensive and not bad. Overall disappointed.
- Suprisingly disappointed this timeFormerWaitressDined on 7/11/2014Ambiance is wonderful! We only had 9 people for this birthday dinner...last time it was 20 people and yet the service was 20 times better LAST time. Our server was good, but the kitchen definitely let him down and the place was only 1/2 full! Drinks and appetizers arrived in a reasonable timeframe but about 10 minutes after those dishes were cleared, our server informed us our meal would be a "bit" longer. What we didn't expect was to wait another 30 MINUTES for dinner. Lastly, as I first mentioned...we were here for a birthday. You can imagine the disappointment when my boyfriend's birthday dessert never showed but the check did. We had ordered it during that 30 minute break so you would think there was plenty of time to arrange it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really authentic Italian foodLobstermacheeseDined on 6/28/2014I don't eat Italian out. Most often it is disappointing "Americanized" Italian food. But finally here is one of a very few and in the suburbs too! Excellent food, great service, nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showKerryDined on 6/26/2014I took my Mom for dinner before Drury Lane performance. First time dining here. We dined early and it wasn't crowded. Our server and the owner (I assume) were very attentive. Tried the beet, tomato, burrata salad...very good. I had half order of black spaghetti with seafood ....very good and Mom enjoyed the cannelloni. Dessert presentation was adorable in single size Mason jars and all most people really want in terms of portion. Would definitely go back. Extensive menu and lots of other things to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual experienceReidDined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Volare's two locations for years. The food and service were as outstanding, as always. We were seated in a room next to a business meeting that was very distracting and very loud. It did not sour us on one of our favorite restaurants, but it was unusual.Special Features:
- Try the house special saladskidocVIPDined on 6/15/2014The house special salad was excellent. The rest of the meal was just average in our book. Tried the Veal, portion was small and well done. Nothing special there. The lasagna was also good Never got the minestroone I ordered. The place was busy on Fathers day. The service was slow and spotty. May have soured our experience. The Bread was a bit on the dense side. Maybe just not to my taste. A bit disappointed given the excellent rating on Opentable.Special Features:
- Great everythingtwin2momDined on 6/14/2014We asked for stuff to b made off menu and they made it excellent the chief was in a good moodSpecial Features:
- Strykers momStryker01VIPDined on 6/14/2014I love a good lasagna,but this was the worst lasagna I ever had. We had 2 orders at our table,I could only eat less than a quarter of it. It was so thick with a very strong tasting cheese. They said it was mozzarella ,but it didn't taste that was to me.Special Features:
- VolareODYSSEYCEBDined on 6/11/20148 of us went out for my birthday and totally enjoyed our meals and the wine was terrific. Our server was very attentive so the entire outing was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodlovegreatfoodDined on 6/10/2014One of my favorite Italian restaurants. Extensive menu. Portions are appropriately sized. Not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to restaurantRenivaDined on 6/7/2014Great food, great staff, fantastic outdoor seating. Will definitely go back and will absolutely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LindsayDined on 6/6/2014I loved everything about it! Loved the round table, and the ambience. Staff was phenomenal! Friendly and knowledge, very attentive. Unique specials, great variety. Food selections put together with thought, making them exquisite! When we were leaving, we saw that they even have outdoor seating! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarneyBarneyVIPDined on 6/4/2014this spot is my boss's favorite Italian restaurant. The recipes remind her of her mother's cooking. I brought a friend to celebrate his birthday and thought he would enjoy the experience. The food is what I call hearty southern Italian and very reliable in quality and generous in quantity.Special Features:
- Our favoritesnewpeaVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is our favorite place and we go there at least once a month. Food is delicious and I always get a "made to order" meal since they know us so well. Last time I asked for a "mostly vegetable and some rice or pasta dish". The chef brought out the most eye-appealing and taste bud appealing platter or grilled veggies (asparagus, three colors of cauliflower, zucchini, squash, butternut squash, and eggplant with a pest dipping sauce. Amazing.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Went there last SUNDAY. Food, ambiance (outside dining), and service were outstanding. Out waiter was new on the job, but had command of the menu was VERY engaging. Our party of four were all very pleased. I will be back very soon. Good job go everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 471 reviews are from the Volare West reviews archive.
- Enjoyed EverythingluvtodineDined on 5/17/2014We were looking for a nice place to have dinner with friends last minute on a Saturday night. The reservation was honored on time, the restaurant was not busy when we were seated. Within half an hour, the entire restaurant was full. We enjoyed everything about our dinner. The wine, appetizers, and entree's. Our friends love Italian food, and they raved about their food. That certainly made us happy. The service was fine. We would return when the weather is nice and we can sit outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014We've been here more than once. The food is absolutely delicious and the service impeccable. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good experienceJuls2014Dined on 5/11/2014The only complaint: having a reservation with anticipation still we had to wait longer than expected. The girl at the front, was busy trying to put everybody in place but apparently forgot or did not know about the reservations made through the internet. Suggestion: try your best the training of the girls at the front desk. Ambient, food, wine and service was good.Special Features:
- I will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I haven't been to Volare in awhile but I took my family for mothers day and it was awful. I get the same dish every time I go and the portion was about half the size as usual but same price? My wife took 3 bites of her food and hated the taste. My dad said his chicken parmesan tasted like cardboard. My son's pizza was so thin and the dough was probably raw. I asked for side dish of fettucini alfredo for my other son and they charged me 17$. I paid my $200 tab and left and didn't complain to anyone at the restaurant because we waited about 50 minutes for the food so I wasn't going to wait for them to cook the food correctly. Don't waste your money.Special Features:
- Didn't know about the set menuSunshinefoodDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations for Mother's Day for a group of nine. We have people with different food restrictions and was upset to find that there was a four course set menu. I did not see this stated on their website. I specifically chose this restaurant for the variety on the menu so everyone would be able to find something. The server was as accommodating as possible but told us there is only so much he can do since this is what is on the menu today. Food was good but it took forever for our food to come out and with two children ages 4 and 2 a two and a half hour lunch was way too long. Also their was some type of short in lighting. The lights kept on flickering then going dim, then super bright. It was a little annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.