48992 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantevolare.com/
- Phone: 2489607771
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Dino Grossi, Chef/Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Volare Ristorante
Volare Ristorante is an Italian restaurant featuring Pasta, Pizza, Steaks, Chops and Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volare Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (0)Show More
- Inviting,good foodMartyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food and service very good. Prices a bit high. Expected more dishes withing $25 range, but that did not appear so.Special Features:
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014We went several times to the old Volare. It was a nice, small restaurant with great food and very unique. Everyone always commented about how cool their bronze menu's were. We returned to the new Volare this past week and were surprised to see a much smaller selection on the menu and the bronze replaced with plain paper menus. I was disappointed to see several of my favorite dishes were now missing. We ordered and our appetizer came out quickly, calamari, and it was cooked perfectly. However, when our entrees arrived, we knew things were not the same. My wife's spinach pasta was very bland and my seafood linguine was very dry. The chef quickly added flavor to my wife's meal but we will not be back. Why change a winning formula?
- beautiful "new" VolareSpartansDined on 8/28/2014The new location is lovely and the food and service never dissapoint!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem of WixomlehighwizDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a must if you are seeking outstanding Italian cuisine. The new location is nicely done and prices are fair for the quality of food provided.Special Features:
- Not as good, not even close.exfanVIPDined on 8/20/2014I waited for Volare to come back. They were a driving force in the Italian Steakhouse genre in the Detroit area. I'm sorry, but today my veal chop was a charred steamed piece of overdone miscellaneous meat I watched the water gather at the bottom of my plate. I was charged $7.00 for a side of pasta and when I asked if I could substitute pasta for the potatoes. No one said that I couldn't . The added unwanted balls of roasted potatoes sucked. I should have some control when I spend $50 for an entree... ir $100 per person...
- The following 375 reviews are from the Volare Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere as 6 of us had a magnificent evening! The steaks are fantastic!Special Features:
- It took over 40 minutes forDustyDined on 2/15/2014It took over 40 minutes for our main course to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volare doesn't disappointAndreaDined on 2/14/2014This is the third time I have been to the restaurant and the second time for valentines day. Their everyday menu is excellent with high regards to the risotto and of course the filet. Valentines day does have a smaller menu but it has a little something for everyone. The wine menu is to die for and the servers truly know what to recommend. The service was spot on and the price even though represents fine dining, it was a good price.Special Features:
- Don't waste your monryPatsquaredDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines Day 2014. Made reservations well in advance. Didn't get seated until half hour after the reservation time. Bartender ignored us while we were waiting for our table. When we finally got her attention she was clearly annoyed. My boyfriend asked for sparkling water and she brought tap. When we were finally seated it took almost 10 minutes for someone to asked if we were being helped. When the manager finally assigned a waiter to our table, the waiter was confused and flustered as he didn't expect to be waiting on us. The food was good but for the money, you can get much better service elsewhere.
- Great food... for a high priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere at the restaurant is alluring and inviting. Our service was a bit slow (went on Valentine's day so it was very busy). They seemed to be understaffed and our waitress rarely checked on us. When she did so, she was courteous and helpful. The food was very good, but definitely overpriced. I didn't mind paying that much for the food because it was quite good and the restaurant has a good atmosphere, but I don't think I'd return. If I pay $45.00 for pasta, I want to be "wowed" by it and it just wasn't quite there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster linguineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My entree was delicious but too much hot red pepper, my mouth was on fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid JustinBigLouDined on 2/14/2014I am a regular at Volare. Everything is always outstanding until now. Do yourself a favor and ask not to have Justin as your server. He is slow, not good. Again the restaurant is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - But Very QuiteVandyVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is some of the best I have eaten in metro Detroit. The atmosphere is very quite though.Special Features:
- VolareSLOWRYVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great spot for corporate or group dinners. Excellent Zip Sauce!Special Features:
- Volare, oh ohLARRYR51Dined on 1/24/2014Great restaurant with AMAZING food. Dino and his staff do an unbelievable job at a reasonable price. Service, food quality and staff are second to none! I do a LOT of entertaining for my job, so needless to say, when I go out personally, my expectations are high as are my want for a carefree, excellent dining experience. I moved to Chicago a few years ago and STILL make trips back to dine at Volare...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent overall considering it was new years eve. Very busy and loud. Seated within 10 mins of revs. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years DinnerpjboardinDined on 12/31/2013We had a reservation for 6 people on New Year's Eve. We were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation. Our waiter seemed to be new and had a very laid back approach, which we didn't mind, but I think some people might. All 6 of our dishes were fantastic. My wife and I had the filet, which was slightly over-cooked for medium, but still tasted amazing. They really packed it in at the restaurant, so it felt a little crowded, but otherwise was a good evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the foodChristaDined on 12/29/2013The bread was good, the wine as well, so was the guacamole that came with the rather bland seared tuna. The minestrone had too much salt, the pizza had something sweet on it and the dough was also sweet. We thought we give the dessert a try with a tiramisu. The first bite good but then it became blah. Espresso was luke warm.
- AverageAndraDined on 12/22/2013We love Italian food and as Italian restaurants go this place is average. I do think they are way over priced for what they offer. This is the third time we have given Volare a try and we have not been impressed by the service or food. Seven for dinner and are bill was almost 300.00 no drinks we ordered. I think we can cross this place off our list.Special Features:
- Atmosphere Lacks, Food is GoodRedwingDined on 12/22/2013The food is quite good but we went for our anniversary and Volare does not have the atmosphere for a special occasion. It is pretty but quite casual for the prices they charge. For that kind of money, I would expect a something more elegant. They even had to dim the lights above us, it was so bright it felt like we were at a casual lunch. Service was excellent. Tiramisu was recommended and we sent it back (never had to do that). It didn't taste authentic, it was booze soaked. We tried to spumoni and it was out of this world. My father is 100% Italian and I plan on bringing him here just for the spumoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet I have ever had,VolareDined on 12/20/2013Best Filet I have ever had, the zip sauce is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2013I would highly recommend this place for special occasions. Food was great. The server was the best we have had in YEARS. It was worth the price. We were a party of eight and all of us were extremely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for something newEnjoythespecialtimesDined on 12/7/2013This was our first time trying this restaurant and my wife and I were overly surprised how great everything was. Upon arriving you get complementary valet at the door even though it was not needed made it seem fancier. Our server Ashley was awesome as she knew we were there to have a nice romantic night together. I was thinking being an Italian restaurant to get some type of pasta, but had to try one of their steaks since that is what they are known for. I had the filet since it only wanted a small steak and oh my god was it wonderful. Probably one of the best steaks I have had. My wife went pasta and the gnocchi were very good as well. The wine list is a bit large, but Ashley helped us. Definitely a place we will come back to for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPomodoroDined on 11/25/2013Excellent service very knowledgeable waiter. Food presentation was very good. A place for special occasions for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2013Want to wow out of town friends or family? This is the place. Best bone-in ribeye anywhere - charred on the outside, tender and full of flavor throughout. Linguini and seafood in a spicy red sauce is impressive. Extensive wine list. High end on price, but well worth the money. They offer a $20 lunch you just can't beat. This is where my office has it's Christmas party every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice taste of Italy!AnonymousVIPDined on 11/22/2013Valet takes up all of the close parking spaces, which is weird. Why pay to have you park my car three feet away? It wasn't very busy for a Friday night, but the acoustics were loud. We had to speak with raised voices. The atmosphere is very fun Tuscan Italy. I love the warm bread and olive oil on the tables. It would be nice if they had some salted herbs to mix in. Our server was nice, but unassuming (low personality.) The food was expensive. I had the lobster risotto special for $48! None of us knew our entrees came with a salad. We wished the server would have informed us. All the food was good, although my lobster had an unpleasant strong fishy odor. We would return simply because of good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- I had just come back fromRairoadVIPDined on 11/19/2013I had just come back from a trip to Alaska, and we wanted to go out rather than cook at home. My wife and I enjoyed our meals. It is a shame that not more people were enjoying this neighborhood gem. It was a Tuesday night, but only a few people were enjoying their dinners. We will return, and potentially visit on a Friday or Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was absolutely amazing!AabesDined on 11/16/2013Food was absolutely amazing! Service was good, but not great. Had to ask for an ice bucket for white wine and he forgot several things. Spaghetti and pasta dishes are reasonable, steaks are very, very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!DavehornDined on 11/15/2013Love the ambience here, the staff is fantastic, and the food always rocks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicelilsydneyDined on 11/6/2013Went for girls lunch- food was fantastic with a great selection. I cant wait to go back and try it for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a problemQqontheroadDined on 11/1/2013I am tired of making reservations on Open Table & walking in & they know nothing about it! Food was great but I want my points.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013We celebrated my husbands birthday a few nights ago and this restaurant met every requirement we have in rating a restaurant excellent. It was sunday and not very crowded. The wine list was endless and reasonably priced; appetizers sized for 5 of us to get a good taste. The beef entree's were outstanding. My husband's seafood pasta was so loaded with seafood including a lobster tail! It may be pricey, but salad or soup are included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2013The evening was delightful. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysToolongwaitVIPDined on 10/22/2013We get to Volare's about every other month and are never disappointed. The pasta and veal are superb. Service was attentive. The only negative was that the background music was a bit too loud.Special Features:
- Awesome steaks!Verano1008Dined on 10/21/2013I bought a TravelZoo Voucher for 4 people which included 2 appetizers (up to $14 each) and 4 entrees (up to $36 each). The annoying part was that they won't combine the totals for you. One of us ordered chicken for $22 but they wouldn't take the remaining $14 voucher balance off the total bill. Everybody loved the entrees. I ordered the Manzo ribeye cooked medium but it's sitting in an orange zip sauce and it wasn't until I was half way into it that I noticed it was cooked well done. I didn't say anything because I was already almost finished with it. It still tasted very good but I don't like steak cooked well done. The Manzo is a bone-in 22oz ribeye which is great but it's very pricey at $54.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in a not so upscale locatioAxleDined on 10/21/2013The food here is wonderful. It is not on par with a Lelli's or Ruth's Chris, but it's price is right for the quality. I will dine here again, although I was not impressed with my waiter for the night and I felt it took too long for service since the restaurant was quite empty on a early week night.Special Features:
- I live out of State but visitKPAPICHVIPDined on 10/21/2013I live out of State but visit Volare many times a year while in town for work. The food is excellent, especially the Veal Chop. I'd highly recommend Volare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpricedKaseyDined on 10/17/2013As mentioned in the title, the food at Volare is just good and way overpriced. My pasta plate was $18 but for the amount I received (think a cereal bowl portion), the plate should have only cost no more than $10. My husband ordered beef tips for $38. Again, for the quality and portion he was given, $20 should be shaved off of the price. If a restaurant is going to charge that amount for their food, then the food better be excellent and/or doled out in larger portions.
- Great night outBindleDined on 10/5/2013My wife and I experienced this restaurant for the first time. Great service (our waitperson did the best job I have ever experienced explaining the menu as this was our first time dining here. Food was equally impressive. Italian sausage app was excellent. I had house salad and wife had beet salad, both fresh and well dressed. I had the filet med rare...as good as I ever had. Wife had the strip steak, also excellent. Fingerling potatoes and green beans were also well prepared. Our only concern was we didn't have any room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vorare Restorante - ExcellentJamesDined on 10/4/2013Excellent food; excellent service. Great atmosphere. Located in an area where you do not expect to find a great restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you want to treat the family to a fine dinner and a wonderful time.I would recommend this to a friend.