2805 E. Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98112Neighborhood:
Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.voilabistrot.com/
- Phone: 2063225460
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday in bar or patio, 4:00pm - 6:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm to close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Laurent Gabriel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Voila! Bistrot is happy to coordinate your next special event. Please contact the restaurant to discuss options.
A word from Voila! Bistrot
Welcome to Voila! Bistro, the latest French food venue from former Figaro Bistro owner Laurent Gabrel. Situated in Madison Valley and known as one of the best French Bistro’s in town, conveniently located on the Corner of Martin Luther King Avenue and 28th Avenue East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Voila! Bistrot - Best Restaurants in Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park ›
Voila! Bistrot reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Mostly fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We went for Seattle Restaurant week, filled to capacity and they were a little flustered with the service. The food was mostly outstanding with two exceptions. Expertly prepared snapper, fabulous risotto and exquisite red cabbage/bacon salad. Pork was melt in your mouth fantastic, but the bed of lentils was unfortunately way too salty- what a shame. We ordered extra vegetables which were great, but the green beans were a bit too salty. Apple tart was gorgeous, but disappointingly bland. Chocolate mousse was not light and fluffy but was rich and rather dense, and very good, but not a typical mousse. Large wine list. I would try again, especially if I lived closer. For the price, I would expect a little better with the salt level.Special Features:
- Nice BistrotItalianFoodSnobDined on 10/18/2014Good food for a good price. Half bottle carafes of wine for $10 is excellent value. My Beef Bourginon was a little bland but I can't complain for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painfully slow4girlsoutDined on 10/9/2014Food was good but service was painfully slow. From arrival (waiting over 20 minutes before beverage order taken) to departure (waiting another 20 minutes for tab), consistently felt ignored. Food was good, portions are large and best for sharing. If it hadn't been for my companions, this would have been a painful evening.Special Features:
- Have dined at Voila! 50 timesBillT2121Dined on 9/27/2014Since Viola opened we have dined there 50 or more times. We live in Madison Park so Viola has become our "go to" place. Had only two bad meals; the rest we rate from delicious to superb! Just had the Alaskan Cod and Pork Chop. My wife says it is the best Pork Chop in Seattle. I would doubt there is a better serving of Alaskan Cod anywhere else. The wine list could us some work.Special Features:
- A True GemsagcDined on 9/26/2014Viola provides an intimate atmosphere with superb food and excellent service. A great choice for a celebratory event or simply a dinner out on the town.Special Features:
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014Adequate neighborhood restaurant. Limited lunch menu and modest portions. Perhaps it is because Seattle does not have a large number of French restaurants they have to compete with. There is not a lot they would have to do to improve the few menu items they have. Perhaps they need a new chef. Not a place I would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We loved it will be back! Guest from San Francisco and we could have a good conversation/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Voila the best!SalmonFet1VIPDined on 8/27/2014The food, the staff, the owner - never disappointing!Special Features:
- French bistro in Madison Valleyluv2dineDined on 8/21/2014It is not quite Paris but gives me the same vibe, We enjoyed our meal very much but I missed my ole fav their "roasted chicken" - hopefully it is seasonal and will return with cooler weather! Nice menu with lots of specials. Service was efficient and the help met our request promptly for a busy evening. Don't miss the Profiteroles, they are the perfect ending to a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FabulousZeldaWeldaDined on 8/17/2014It was even better than we expected. We'll be back.Special Features:
- camillaDined on 8/16/2014For our second visit to Viola, we received friendly attentive service, and the food was delicious, and the table set was very nice. We'll come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening out with a friendjustrite4meDined on 7/17/2014Delicious meal. The main course was happily split by the kitchen for us. one of our favorite local go-to spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Voila! Bistrot reviews archive.
- PerfectdempstaVIPDined on 6/12/2014We wanted a place where 3 of us could chat and catch up but have it be a bit special. Voila was just that. I had the zucchini salad and the scallop/beet risotto special, was all divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 4/19/2014Voila! is slipping. Service was uneven, food so-so (salmon excellent, cassoulet not up to usual, and mussels not good). Hesitate to recommend, although I guess it's an ok neighborhood place. If I could do two and one-half stars that's what I'd rate it.
- Best cassoulet ever!THRhiDined on 4/5/2014I found Voila! while looking for a good coq au vin, that I didn't have to make. I found it, and much more. They do a great coq au vin, year round, and seasonally make the best cassoulet I've ever tasted. They tell me it leaves the menu in a few short weeks, so hurry!!!! Everything was top quality, and the portions were very generous, especially for a French bistro. The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. Everything a great neighborhood bistro should be.Special Features:
- Favorite new BistroParis4everDined on 2/15/2014Just returned from Paris and couldn't wait to try Voila Bistro! The atmosphere was charming...not pretentious, but still romantic. The tables were a bit close together for my liking, but the staff was excellent, attentive and knowledgeable. We tried classic dishes...Beef bourguignon and coq au vin...which were both fantastic. For starters we had French onion soup...again, very delicious (I would prefer more authentic French bread, instead of the heavier artisan-type bread they serve, but it was still very, very good). We also had the Provincial Mussels...and the au ju from that was good enough to get more bread to soak it up! Dessert, we split the lemon tart...great meal! Relaxing music, reasonable prices...Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantMichtoVIPDined on 2/15/2014This is a nice little neighborhood restaurant situated among a nice selection of restaurants in Madison Valley. The energy in this restaurant is vibrant and fun. The menu selection is full of wonderful French food items with good favors. My onion soup had the perfect amount of bread, onions, and cheese. The main drawback was it lacked great flavor you get from good stock. My seafood risotto had lots ofnice pieces of shrimp and lobster and the rice was cooked perfectly and tasted good. My friend ordered the Black cod dish with Saffron sauce which he liked very much. My son ordered the beef ribs and loved it. If you like French food and ambiance, this is the place to eat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good French restaurantStefDined on 1/18/2014If you're look for a real French restaurant experience, it's where you have to go. Escargot, Cassoulet, Boeuf bourguignon and so on...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Sunday nightfoodieworldVIPDined on 10/20/2013Went there on a Sunday night. It was quite busy, and they were understaffed. Servers were pleasant, but they were clearly stressed. They did their best. Menu choices were good, as was the food, even though preparations were a bit heavy on the butter. The lemon marscapone mousse was excellent. Unfortunately, the molten lava cake was cold and had no lava. Even when they brought us a second cake, there was no lava, but it was warm.
- Lovely food, great servicelisafromazDined on 9/16/2013A weeknight dinner at Voila! Bistrot (curious as to the "t" at the end of the word) was pleasurable and delicious. The small menu plus specials made choices manageable, and we will be back to try other things next time. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.