Vlora Bar and Restaurant
545 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Vlora Bar and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vloraboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 638-9699
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 am until closing; daily brunch is served from 11am until 4 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Aldo Velaj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vlora offers preset menus for all private parties. To accommodate dietary restrictions and special occasions, personalized menus are available to be tailored to each party's needs.
- Cross Street: Clarendon Street
- Public Transit: Vlora Mediterranean Restaurant & Wine Bar is accessible by T. We are located within five minutes walk of both the Green Line (Copley Square and Arlington ) and the Orange Line (Back Bay).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer validated parking for those guests parked at the 500 Boylston Street parking lot. Anytime after 4:00 pm is $ 7.00 - please check with your server.
A word from Vlora Bar and Restaurant
Located in the heart of Boston's Back Bay (Boylston Street and Clarendon Street), Vlora Bar and Restaurant focuses on truly authentic Mediterranean cuisine that is characterized by only the use of olive oil, a minimalist approach to cooking with an emphasis on taste and the use of the freshest ingredients. Owned and operated by husband and wife team Aldo Velaj and Cindy Tsai, the restaurant is named after Aldo's home town - Vlora, Albania. Vlora's menu stems largely from Aldo's experiences traveling and eating through the Northern Mediterranean region of Southern Italy, Greece and Albania. Featuring an extensive yet reasonably priced wine and beer menu, the restaurant also offers a late night menu available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Vlora Bar and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Vlora Bar and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Went early on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008Went early on Friday night (8pm), I think the restaurant gets more of a late night crowd, Food was very good, our server was excellent, very accommodating and knowledgeable. As it was my DC birthday they offered anything off the desert menu gratis.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2008Excellent ambiance and service! Everyone should experience Vlora! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Lovely decor with marble,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/10/2008Lovely decor with marble, wood, leather but the noise level grows as the seats get filled. Nothing to muffle the sounds so difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- This was one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008This was one of my favorite meals in Boston, ever. Gorgeous, minimal preparations of very high-quality ingredients. I'm telling my friends and family about Vlora and will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Food and ambience were fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008Food and ambience were fine. Service was a bit slow - there was 1 waitress for the lunch crowd.Special Features:
- Outstanding service by KarladinerVIPDined on 3/30/2008Outstanding service by Karla the waitress. Friendly staff. Excellent food. Lovely decor. We hope to go back.Special Features:
- I hope to visit Vlora againDuaneDined on 3/29/2008I hope to visit Vlora again and will recommend it to others. Food was fresh and perfectly prepared. Thank you for a beautiful Saturday lunch.Special Features:
- Vlora is my new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2008Vlora is my new favorite restaurant in Boston. I just hope I can keep it a secret.Special Features:
- Interesting menu; food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008Interesting menu; food quality excellent. Music in background was too loud initially, but the wait staff was willing to turn it down, thus making conversation possible.The lobster sauce on the Atlantic salmon I had was excellent but very rich and competed with the fish itself. Green beans cooked al dente as they should be. We were there on Easter Sunday evening and the restaurant was almost deserted; we were unsure whether this was due to the holiday, or to the fact that this restaurant has not caught on yet. We were disappointed, however, that while we had indicated in the reservation that it was a birthday dinner, there was no attempt to offer even a candle, let alone a dessert for the birthday person.Special Features:
- we ordered-- WatermelonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008we ordered-- Watermelon & Feta- very good plate well balanced and refreshing Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Clams- not executed as written, stuffed with claw meat and dirty, sauce way to spicy. Grilled Octopus-- Absolutly what is was supposed to be. A very good dish Eggs Benedict-- More like hard boiled eggs on english muffins, The easy stuff just to difficult. But I would definitly go back for the Octopus.Special Features:
- Limited menu. The brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2008Limited menu. The brunch was nothing special. would go back for lunch. Great location in Copley PlazaSpecial Features:
- Brunch was wonderful; I'dOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008Brunch was wonderful; I'd love to go back for lunch or dinner. I'm visiting Boston and I'm so glad Vlora was on Open Table. I doubt I would have found it on my own.Special Features:
- Food was great, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008Food was great, but service was a bit slow. We had to cancel one dinner altogether because it did not come out with the other 6 dinners. Aside from the fact that one of our party did not eat dinner, we had a good time. Only other complaint is the lack of liquor....we missed having a martini or scotch.Special Features:
- Had a great time. Needs toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2008Had a great time. Needs to get higer profile advertising since I only found out about it because of restautant week, accidentally. Great place. Will go back there.Special Features:
- wonderful small plates, enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2008wonderful small plates, enjoyed the Albanian twist on Mediterranean food, interesting wine selections, helpful service, vegetarian-friendly - we will go back the music in the background could have been a little softer/calmer/less "clubby," but it was nice that it also sounded European (maybe Albanian?)Special Features:
- The food was good, I especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008The food was good, I especially enjoyed my almond tart for dessert. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive,and I liked the decor. The restaurant was a little hard to find. Probably due to the fact that the only visible street signage was a large V, and they happened to be located under a vitamin shop; had the V been under something like a travel agency, I would have put 2 and 2 together and realized it was the Vlora sign.Special Features:
- unusual menu featuring a littleHensel310VIPDined on 3/21/2008unusual menu featuring a little different take on fish/meat/poultry. nice presentation. beautiful interior. quirky but good wine list. very nice service. adorable bar lit with tiny twinkling lightsSpecial Features:
- I was there for lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008I was there for lunch and bet the ambiance is better at night. The entrance (down a flight of steps on the street) is not very well marked and somewhat litter-strewn (ok it WAS an extremely windy day). In the daytime natural light inside, the wine glasses were a little dingy and from my vantage point you could see splash marks on the photo-mural on the wall next to our table.
- A very pleasant dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008A very pleasant dining experience, although the bread seemed a bit stale.Special Features:
- I visited Vlora for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2008I visited Vlora for lunch during restaurant week. Their menu didn't have a list of the non-alcoholic beverage, besides non-alcoholic beer. The creamy garlic escargotes came out in a purplish red color, which is weird, because usually creamy garlic should be in white color. If they added red wine to the escargotes the restaurant should have mention that on the menu. The kasata they mention on the menu should be a almond parfait, but it turned out to be something like a slice of ice-cream loaf. The sugar in the tiramisu didn't dissolve completely, which didn't provide a creamy texture to the tiramisu. The ladyfinger in the tiramisu had completely melted, probably because the tiramisu were make and refrigerated for quite a while.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The food was great and the ambiance wonderful. Although it's on Boylston, it's underneath the street and thus quiet and intimate. The interior design is clean and contemporary, but warm and inviting. Our server was open, friendly, and efficient and I appreciated that she was attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Out of 7 dishes, 5 were screwedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2008Out of 7 dishes, 5 were screwed up. The waiter was unapologetic, slow and rude. The 2 dishes that were not screwed up were delicious, but the poor service overrode any desire to ever go back.
- Mediocre at best. I am unableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/17/2008Mediocre at best. I am unable to think of a compelling reason to return.
- food ws great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2008food ws great. Service was great. Lots of food..brought most of it home for leftovers.Special Features:
- Excellent menu with plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2008Excellent menu with plenty of choice. Very fresh ingredients and plenty of healthy choices. Nice decor. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Would not recommend, tastlessTK11VIPDined on 3/7/2008Would not recommend, tastless food in a drab basement location. The only good think was the salty french fries. Will not go backSpecial Features: