10905 N. Dale Mabry Highway
Bent Tree Plaza
Tampa, FL 33618Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vizcayarestaurante.com/
- Phone: (813) 968-7400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday:Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Felix Piedra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vizcaya
Welcome to our home. Here you will find the best eclectic cuisine from Spain and around the world. Our recipes are from the old school and will leave your palate quite satisfied. Our extensive wine selection is sure to impress. Come… indulge with us and enjoy your next meal at VIZCAYA! Your stomach will thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vizcaya - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Vizcaya reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (20)romantic (19)good for groups (19)notable wine list (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delightful!TheCagsDined on 11/22/2014We have eaten at Viscaya several times and have always enjoyed it. Dinner was delicious. We really enjoyed the cheese stuffed eggplant tapas as our shared appetizer. The veal scallopini was tender and very well prepared. The Zarzeula de Maresco (seafood) was also tasty, with a good variety of seafood. The portions were plentiful, served hot and paced appropriately. I highly recommend Viscaya for a meal you won't forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally went.drjdizDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food! Very lively lounge with excellent duet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong.RussVIPDined on 11/12/2014We are never disappointed with Vizcaya. The bar area offers some terrific tapas to compliment a fine wine list, and we often call this dinner. A nice range of entrees are also available, as is a quieter dining area. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!KaraDined on 11/6/2014Get the dates, escargot, and rabbit!! The sangria is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RavensMexRavensMexDined on 10/31/2014We have the must amazing dinner, food and wine was perfect and to close we have the honor to meet finally the owner, great guy and great chef!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience, We Will Be BackBillinLansingDined on 10/29/2014First time diners at Vizcaya, a friend recommended the restaurant. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Excellent drinks, likewise the mushroom soup was other worldly. Veal was above average while the desert an apple/crème brulee combination was very, very good. Service was good and our waiter took time to explain the various dishes and was very knowledgeable. Itdid take a little time upon completion of the meal to gain the attention of our waiter again when we wanted to pay the bill. The wait was not extreme and some folks prefer an unhurried meal and nonintrusive waiters so this was not as important to me as it was to my dining companion who was on a schedule. Overall a good experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willBEbackDined on 10/28/2014The food was great, the server was attentive, and we could actually hear our conversation. I'd definitely recommend Vizcaya for a date night spot as the red ambiance sets for a romantic atmosphere in the lounge or a group outing in the regular dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantBunnyDined on 10/27/2014As always Viscaya was as good as ever. Great place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Tapas ... It was wonderful!CarlaandJeffDined on 10/17/2014I have never had tapas before and I loved it. The staff at Vizcaya was awesome, very attentive and they were able to answer all our questions. And the food ... the best! I don't speak Spanish. So I can't tell you the name of the dishes but they were all spectacular. The one with avocado, crab & shrimp was my favorite.Special Features:
- good not greatpastryboy60VIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was good, service better. Noise was just to much for us. OVerall a good experience. tapas were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Had not been to Vizcaya since it was remodeled. It now has a more sleek European feel, but is not stuffy. We were delighted to see tapas portions more in line with those you see in Spain (i.e. more generous than in most American restaurants that serve tapas). Gracious waiter and service staff. Will return soon to try more items on the varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sen2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and this was a good choice. The ambiance was one of comfortably understated elegance with b/w el toro wall art on an ochre color palette- a taste of Spain in the heart of Carrollwood. The food was traditional- pan seared cod in biscayne sauce was unbelievably delicious, and the paella - with seafood very generously portioned- made for a great dinner with very courteous service. We last had paella this good in Madrid sometime ago and it was quite memorable. We live in the neighborhood and will certainly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service left much to be desiredTampaReloDined on 10/10/2014This was our first time at Vizcaya. We waited quite a while for a server to finally greet us at our table. When he arrived, he saw we already had drinks (purchased from the bar while we waited for our table) and rather than saying hello or anything about the menu, asked abruptly if we were ready to order. We ordered six small plates. Four of them arrived at exactly the same time. The other two arrived about 25 minutes later (including a cheese plate, which I would have expected first). Very much enjoyed the smoked salmon, and the live music, but we will probably not be back. The service was just not what I would have expected from a more upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Carrollwood Must TryAspenGirlDined on 10/4/2014The newly renovated Vizcaya was a pleasant surprise. The extensive Tapa menu had delicious choices. The entrees were well thought out, tasty and beautiful on the plate. I recommend the bacon wrapped dates.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Noise level: unable to listen to live music. Slow service.Special Features:
- Bryson5VIPDined on 9/26/2014Consistently good. Newly expanded but still providing excellent service and great food.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The tapas were of good size and tasty. Craft drink menu was varied and fun.Special Features:
- TAMPA GOOSEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent for and service. Wine list is good and very reasonable priced. I paid $48.00 for a bottle of wine that was recently purchased at Capital Grill for $72.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas menu for GrazingSSFoodDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful small plates of traditional Spanish cuisine as well as menu of full entrees. I've tried selections of both but lean to the Tapas as they offer creative dishes that never disappoint and are large enough for a meal. Service is always excellent, ambiance is warm and friendly, nice wine list, delicious food. Every visit I order (hot tapas list) the Langostino Relleno - (3) giant prawns stuffed with bechamel and wrapped in bacon served with a tangy dipping sauce. Great appetizer to share or have for a light meal with a house salad.Special Features:
- Hopefully an off nightLambiePieVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food and service here have been very good in the past. This time, there was a mix-up in my order, since I ordered an entree and they brought the tapas version instead. The server never came by to apologize, and they took my friend's entree back to the kitchen to sit under a heat lamp while they prepared my fish. When it arrived, mine was very good but my friend's was only warm, not hot, and a little dry. The waiter did not come by to ask about our food until we were nearly done, even though our table was near the kitchen and he walked by us all the time. Really, we would have understood if someone had just acknowledged the mistake - they happen. But being ignored was really irritating. It will be a while before we come back.
- Well worth it!Footdoc1Dined on 9/17/2014I had mistakenly made the online appointment for a Wed instead of a Friday but I told them I was new with Open Table and was my mistake. They gladly accommodated us on a Friday evening! The music was a Gypsy Kings style which was perfect for the place. The décor very attractive in the bar out front and paintings in the back. The wait staff very attentive and offered good suggestions. We ordered both cold and hot tapas which were delicious and great temperature. My favorite was the scallops. The main course was the seafood paella with great variety of seafood and slightly al dente rice. We did not have room for dessert so next time we'll have to cut back on the tapas! The wine suggested by the waiter was a great choice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantDinerDelightDined on 9/17/2014Some of the tapas are delicious. Some maybe I just didn't know what to expect. Scallop dish and stuffed dates a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What has happened??? :(CitationVIPDined on 9/13/2014Used to be one of our top three favorite restaurants- since it has expanded, the food is marginal, the service poor, the seating is cramped- trying to fit as many people as possible equals a very uncomfortable dining environment and makes the restaurant boiling hot. We keep giving it "one more try" but it just is not the same quality as it was in the prior spot. However- the sweetbreads are still the best I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- really good food but expensiveItaliansushiloverDined on 9/5/2014We eat here fairly often and always enjoy the food, service is usually pretty good, seating in the booths is a little uncomfortable you may want to ask for a table. my main issues: a kids meal is $10 (for a plate of pasta) and a soda is another $4! (Kinda steep imo) so you may want to leave the kids at home. Also a $30 entree should at least include a salad or green veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceIdaQVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I went here for the first time it was fabulous. The Sangria was perfect. We had the tappas and everything we had was great. The service was outstanding. This is now on our list of regular places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemTough2PleaseDined on 8/26/2014This is a great little restaurant in Carrollwood. I Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the booths with the high backs to eliminate some of the noise from the enthusiastic and festive clientele. They do have a combo of tables & booths. Although We did not sit in the Bar/Lounge area, people seemed to be having a great time. Dancing and live band available I believe on certain nights. Wasn't happening on Tuesday Night. The food was excellent this time being this is my second trip back. Their Paella was disappointing and I almost didn't return. Im glad I gave it a second chance.(not the Paella) The Filet mignon didn't disappoint, and the Seafood also was excellent. Great opportunity to brush up on your Spanish!Special Features:
- It was a happy birthdayDineoutalotDined on 8/21/2014Went there to celebrate my Husband's birthday. We loved the atmosphere and even though it was busy, it was quiet and we could converse with no problem. We ordered the Seafood Paella. Which was delicious and much more than we could eat at one sitting. The overall menu was extensive and you would be able to suite your palate with no problem. Our waiter was charming, but we did sit a little while before someone came to the table. Although we didn't sit in the bar, it was busy and piano and guitar music was provided. We will be back to try some of the other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent. The service once seated was excellent. The problem was when you entered the restaurant. There was no one at the hostess desk, which is out out the site of the nearest employee, who was working the bar. A couple was already waiting at the desk and left as we walked in. I waited a few minutes and went into the bar and asked if we should seat ourselves. The bartender seated us. As we left, I noted there was still nobody at the desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish cuisineMeducatorVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious tapas and paella Great atmosphere. Best Spanish in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vizcaya redo nice; service sufferssf18Dined on 8/15/2014went to VIzcaya recently for lunch for first time. Food quite good; liked interior redo also. SErvice was slow and poor; water not refilled; food took very long time to come and when ordered another cold dish that took forever too. Hopefully Vizcaya can hire and retain good servers; that makes all the difference between ok and great!Special Features:
- Great Night OutKaraDined on 8/8/2014The food was inventive and delicious. Great combinations of flavors. Big portions (we shared 3 tapas plates and one order of seafood paella and took a big box home). Our waiter, Jose, was fantastic. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Spanish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Their food is delicious and the live music made our dinner great.Special Features:
- ecfoo9dDined on 8/2/2014We waited approximately 1 hour for our meal. The food was good but the long wait overshadowed the entire evening. Would have been more understanding if someone had periodically stopped by our tableSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinner!kwvalricoDined on 8/2/2014First time at Vizcaya. All I can say is "Wow" -- from the food to the service, everything was excellent. We were a party of 4 at Vizcaya for dinner prior to attending a play at the nearby Carrollwood Players Theater. We selected 8 different tapas items, including deviled crab, stuffed dates (our favorite), seafood salad, and more. Every item was delicious. The service was well-paced, allowing us to enjoy the food and conversation. We topped it off with flan and café con leche. The flan was outstanding - light and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 262 reviews are from the Vizcaya reviews archive.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014As always....amazing food! I have been there numerous times, with my husband, my girlfriends, my mother. I have never been disappointed with any aspect of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousLllllDined on 7/22/2014We always order the dates! A must have! The sea bass is amazing!Special Features:
- Great food - service lackingCoachDined on 7/19/2014Waiter was inattentive and seemed to be preoccupied.Special Features:
- Will come backGinetteDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service was very good. Prices are reasonable and up to par with food quality. Will certainly be back, glad we have this not so far from home. Beats having to drive to South Tampa or Ybor. Next time I will ask to sit closer to the bar, more fun!Special Features:
- Always tastyPinellasdinerDined on 7/1/2014We've been here a few times and always it's delicious. We tend to dine early so we book the earliest reservation. I suggest waiting 30minutes next time, there seems to be a lot of similarly minded people, stretching the staffs attention in those first 30 minutes after that ..smooth sailing. But a pleasant environment and food is always delicious. We always eat tapas hot and cold. The dates are a favorite, but we've tried so many and have never been disappointed. Love the expanded facility and it looks like bar attracts an early crowd too. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingCitationVIPDined on 6/28/2014Since the move to the larger space- the service is not as attentive; the tables are so close together it is awkward - you're literally so close you can hear other diners conversations; and the food is lacking the flavor and seasoning that it used to have. Don't go nearly as often as we used too. Very sad- used to be one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features: