10905 N. Dale Mabry Highway
Bent Tree Plaza
Tampa, FL 33618Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vizcayarestaurante.com/
- Phone: 8139687400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday:Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Felix Piedra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vizcaya
Welcome to our home. Here you will find the best eclectic cuisine from Spain and around the world. Our recipes are from the old school and will leave your palate quite satisfied. Our extensive wine selection is sure to impress. Come… indulge with us and enjoy your next meal at VIZCAYA! Your stomach will thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vizcaya - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Vizcaya reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (21)romantic (19)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- really good food but expensiveItaliansushiloverDined on 9/5/2014We eat here fairly often and always enjoy the food, service is usually pretty good, seating in the booths is a little uncomfortable you may want to ask for a table. my main issues: a kids meal is $10 (for a plate of pasta) and a soda is another $4! (Kinda steep imo) so you may want to leave the kids at home. Also a $30 entree should at least include a salad or green veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceIdaQDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I went here for the first time it was fabulous. The Sangria was perfect. We had the tappas and everything we had was great. The service was outstanding. This is now on our list of regular places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemTough2PleaseDined on 8/26/2014This is a great little restaurant in Carrollwood. I Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the booths with the high backs to eliminate some of the noise from the enthusiastic and festive clientele. They do have a combo of tables & booths. Although We did not sit in the Bar/Lounge area, people seemed to be having a great time. Dancing and live band available I believe on certain nights. Wasn't happening on Tuesday Night. The food was excellent this time being this is my second trip back. Their Paella was disappointing and I almost didn't return. Im glad I gave it a second chance.(not the Paella) The Filet mignon didn't disappoint, and the Seafood also was excellent. Great opportunity to brush up on your Spanish!Special Features:
- It was a happy birthdayDineoutalotDined on 8/21/2014Went there to celebrate my Husband's birthday. We loved the atmosphere and even though it was busy, it was quiet and we could converse with no problem. We ordered the Seafood Paella. Which was delicious and much more than we could eat at one sitting. The overall menu was extensive and you would be able to suite your palate with no problem. Our waiter was charming, but we did sit a little while before someone came to the table. Although we didn't sit in the bar, it was busy and piano and guitar music was provided. We will be back to try some of the other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent. The service once seated was excellent. The problem was when you entered the restaurant. There was no one at the hostess desk, which is out out the site of the nearest employee, who was working the bar. A couple was already waiting at the desk and left as we walked in. I waited a few minutes and went into the bar and asked if we should seat ourselves. The bartender seated us. As we left, I noted there was still nobody at the desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish cuisineMeducatorVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious tapas and paella Great atmosphere. Best Spanish in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vizcaya redo nice; service sufferssf18Dined on 8/15/2014went to VIzcaya recently for lunch for first time. Food quite good; liked interior redo also. SErvice was slow and poor; water not refilled; food took very long time to come and when ordered another cold dish that took forever too. Hopefully Vizcaya can hire and retain good servers; that makes all the difference between ok and great!Special Features:
- Great Night OutKaraDined on 8/8/2014The food was inventive and delicious. Great combinations of flavors. Big portions (we shared 3 tapas plates and one order of seafood paella and took a big box home). Our waiter, Jose, was fantastic. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Spanish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Their food is delicious and the live music made our dinner great.Special Features:
- ecfoo9dDined on 8/2/2014We waited approximately 1 hour for our meal. The food was good but the long wait overshadowed the entire evening. Would have been more understanding if someone had periodically stopped by our tableSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinner!kwvalricoDined on 8/2/2014First time at Vizcaya. All I can say is "Wow" -- from the food to the service, everything was excellent. We were a party of 4 at Vizcaya for dinner prior to attending a play at the nearby Carrollwood Players Theater. We selected 8 different tapas items, including deviled crab, stuffed dates (our favorite), seafood salad, and more. Every item was delicious. The service was well-paced, allowing us to enjoy the food and conversation. We topped it off with flan and café con leche. The flan was outstanding - light and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014As always....amazing food! I have been there numerous times, with my husband, my girlfriends, my mother. I have never been disappointed with any aspect of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousLllllDined on 7/22/2014We always order the dates! A must have! The sea bass is amazing!Special Features:
- Great food - service lackingCoachDined on 7/19/2014Waiter was inattentive and seemed to be preoccupied.Special Features:
- Will come backGinetteDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service was very good. Prices are reasonable and up to par with food quality. Will certainly be back, glad we have this not so far from home. Beats having to drive to South Tampa or Ybor. Next time I will ask to sit closer to the bar, more fun!Special Features:
- Always tastyPinellasdinerDined on 7/1/2014We've been here a few times and always it's delicious. We tend to dine early so we book the earliest reservation. I suggest waiting 30minutes next time, there seems to be a lot of similarly minded people, stretching the staffs attention in those first 30 minutes after that ..smooth sailing. But a pleasant environment and food is always delicious. We always eat tapas hot and cold. The dates are a favorite, but we've tried so many and have never been disappointed. Love the expanded facility and it looks like bar attracts an early crowd too. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingCitationVIPDined on 6/28/2014Since the move to the larger space- the service is not as attentive; the tables are so close together it is awkward - you're literally so close you can hear other diners conversations; and the food is lacking the flavor and seasoning that it used to have. Don't go nearly as often as we used too. Very sad- used to be one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Appalling ServiceellebDined on 6/27/2014We had some of the worst service of our life here. The waiter didn't greet us for 20 minutes, took another 20 to get our drinks and place our order, and waited 30 minutes for our appetizer of salad. Then were told he was the manager when we asked to speak to someone. They also forgot to put in our main entree and only when we asked 30 minutes later where it was, did they say it wasn't ever placed to order. Amazing food, but the service was enough to make me NEVER want to come back. Fortunately, an employee named Sophie came over at the very last minute to discuss our issues and listen to our concerns, and she may have persuaded me to try again.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!CWCCDined on 6/25/2014Best Tapas anywhere... Love the Mariscos En Salsa Rosa, Stuffed Dates, Chorizo, Stuffed Prawns+++ Sangria is outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceJkarenwmsVIPDined on 6/14/2014We brought our friends to Vizcaya as this were their first time there. Our dining experience was impeccable as usual. Love, love the Paella.Special Features:
- CarlitoDined on 6/6/2014Noise level was too loud in the main dining/bar area. WE DO NOT LIKE THE LIVE MUSIC. Too loud and cheesy. The musicians and music type are more appropriate for a cruise ship of senior citizens. We would much prefer to have no live music so we can actually carry on a conversation while we're eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinggoldyDined on 5/27/2014Have never had a better experience. Great food and service . Will always eat there when visiting the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabrosoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Quiet dinner with live music and friendly crowd. Wilson was excellent to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!AmandaVIPDined on 5/22/2014A MUST try place!!! The food was amazing! We both had the lunch fish special of the day, that was something I would definitely order again. The flan was also phenomenal. Looks like they may have dancing and live music on certain days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Vizcaya reviews archive.
- Excellent!GiffoDined on 5/17/2014Food, service and wine are all top shelf we could not have been happier with everything. Our server, Wilson, is the best of the best. He anticipated our every need and let us enjoy the experience at Vizcaya without a rush. We will return soon and ask for Wilson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late and noisydisappointedVIPDined on 5/3/2014Unfortunately, we were seated 35 mins past our reservation, and we were seated next to a large, noisy group. No apology and nothing gratis to make up for the late seating. The food was delicious, but we can't recommend this restaurant because of the mentioned issues. This was not the first time we dined here, but it could be our last for a long while.Special Features:
- Best Spanish Restaurant in TampaMeducatorVIPDined on 4/19/2014Tapas, sangria, paella, contemporary decor, with live music and dancing in the lounge... Doesn't get better than this.Special Features:
- We dine at Vizcaya as oftenDPMCFPDined on 3/29/2014We dine at Vizcaya as often as we can and have never been disappointed! If you have never tried this restaurant, do yourself a favor and make a reservation; you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at VizcayaMidgeDined on 3/27/2014We were a group of 7. Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks. Four of us ordered paella. It was wonderful! Another raved about their grouper. We will definitely come back. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014The tapas and the salads we shared were delicious, and the wines suggested by our server were excellent. The only disappointment was the flavorless paella. We ordered it because it's so unique to a Spanish menu, but we will definitely select another option the next time we dine at Vizcaya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedKetchk2Dined on 3/24/2014I was excited about taking a group here. We hadn't been in a long time and continued to hear great things. The service was just plain dreadful. The food was Ok but the service negatively impacted our entire experience. We has to keep waiving the server over and asking him to order. Not good when you're in a large group having tapas. I expected much more.Special Features:
- Great spotboobamaDined on 3/24/2014Opentable steered us right. Visiting from out of town we gave this spot a try and it was terrific. Great ambience food and service made this an excellent experience for me and my family. Try the bacon wrapped dates or the bean soup. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EncoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The white wine sangria is our favorite starter. The meal is complete with Paella, which is large enough to share. Lots of fish and yellow rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoriates.ELizDined on 3/21/2014I like Vizcaya. The food is always good. I had the sea bass and it was delicious although it was served warm .not hot as I would have liked. The side items are always good. Great wine list. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Tapas and sangriaAniticaDined on 3/8/2014We only ordered tapas and salads . They started bringing the tapas within 10 minutes of ordering... and kept binging them out on a timely fashion. Tapas were delicious ! Sangria too. Great service ...and it was a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal & musicGerryVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great experience with tapas, wine and live music. This was the first time and will definitely return!Special Features:
- ExcellentFunInTampaVIPDined on 2/26/2014This restaurant is great from beginning to end. The staff is very knowledgeable. They have excellent food and wine. The creme Brulee is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappointedCitationVIPDined on 2/14/2014Usually one of our favorite places but Valentine's Day was a bad expereince. They'd put so many tables in the restaurant you were literally on top of one another. You could hear all conversations around you- akward & uncomfortable. NOT a romantic experience . Not told there'd be a limited menu - limited it was indeed! The food we did order wasn't up to Viscaya's standard at all. The lack of seasoning, taste, care & presentation wasn't up to par. The service wasn't attentive - the young man running food provided more attention than the waiter. Felt rushed -done in 45 minutes. No one asked if we'd like dessert, coffee, or after dinner drink. First time we 've ever had this type of experiece there- the evening was very dissappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too cozy for valentines day.SharonDined on 2/14/2014This was not the first time we've experienced this, but unless your group size is more than 2, you end up sitting too close to others. There is maybe 12 inches between tables. That's NOT very romantic when you can hear everyone's conversations. Food is always good. Didn't really appreciate the special limited menu for VD, however, I found something that was tasty. I also think the price may have been slightly higher than original menu.Special Features:
- Not on Valentine's DayTeamSumnerDined on 2/14/2014We have dined at Vizcaya several times and love it - some of the best tapas in Tampa. However, on Valentines Day it is transformed into a wam bam thank you ma'am mess. There is a pitiful set menu with none of the good tapas ( hope you like croquettes) and a few entres which seemed premade, cafeteria style. This little spot was one of the best places to dine in North Tampa - even after the ambiance killing expansion, but our trip on the 14th left a bad taste in our mouth's. they crammed extra tables into the dining room so it felt like a speed dating session with other couples right at our elbows. But the sangria was still good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.