10905 N. Dale Mabry Highway
Bent Tree Plaza
Tampa, FL 33618Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vizcayarestaurante.com/
- Phone: 8139687400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday:Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Felix Piedra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vizcaya
Welcome to our home. Here you will find the best eclectic cuisine from Spain and around the world. Our recipes are from the old school and will leave your palate quite satisfied. Our extensive wine selection is sure to impress. Come… indulge with us and enjoy your next meal at VIZCAYA! Your stomach will thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vizcaya - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Vizcaya reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (23)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)good for groups (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Tapas ... It was wonderful!CarlaandJeffDined on 10/17/2014I have never had tapas before and I loved it. The staff at Vizcaya was awesome, very attentive and they were able to answer all our questions. And the food ... the best! I don't speak Spanish. So I can't tell you the name of the dishes but they were all spectacular. The one with avocado, crab & shrimp was my favorite.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Had not been to Vizcaya since it was remodeled. It now has a more sleek European feel, but is not stuffy. We were delighted to see tapas portions more in line with those you see in Spain (i.e. more generous than in most American restaurants that serve tapas). Gracious waiter and service staff. Will return soon to try more items on the varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sen2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and this was a good choice. The ambiance was one of comfortably understated elegance with b/w el toro wall art on an ochre color palette- a taste of Spain in the heart of Carrollwood. The food was traditional- pan seared cod in biscayne sauce was unbelievably delicious, and the paella - with seafood very generously portioned- made for a great dinner with very courteous service. We last had paella this good in Madrid sometime ago and it was quite memorable. We live in the neighborhood and will certainly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service left much to be desiredTampaReloDined on 10/10/2014This was our first time at Vizcaya. We waited quite a while for a server to finally greet us at our table. When he arrived, he saw we already had drinks (purchased from the bar while we waited for our table) and rather than saying hello or anything about the menu, asked abruptly if we were ready to order. We ordered six small plates. Four of them arrived at exactly the same time. The other two arrived about 25 minutes later (including a cheese plate, which I would have expected first). Very much enjoyed the smoked salmon, and the live music, but we will probably not be back. The service was just not what I would have expected from a more upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Carrollwood Must TryAspenGirlDined on 10/4/2014The newly renovated Vizcaya was a pleasant surprise. The extensive Tapa menu had delicious choices. The entrees were well thought out, tasty and beautiful on the plate. I recommend the bacon wrapped dates.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Noise level: unable to listen to live music. Slow service.Special Features:
- Bryson5VIPDined on 9/26/2014Consistently good. Newly expanded but still providing excellent service and great food.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The tapas were of good size and tasty. Craft drink menu was varied and fun.Special Features:
- TAMPA GOOSEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent for and service. Wine list is good and very reasonable priced. I paid $48.00 for a bottle of wine that was recently purchased at Capital Grill for $72.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas menu for GrazingSSFoodDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful small plates of traditional Spanish cuisine as well as menu of full entrees. I've tried selections of both but lean to the Tapas as they offer creative dishes that never disappoint and are large enough for a meal. Service is always excellent, ambiance is warm and friendly, nice wine list, delicious food. Every visit I order (hot tapas list) the Langostino Relleno - (3) giant prawns stuffed with bechamel and wrapped in bacon served with a tangy dipping sauce. Great appetizer to share or have for a light meal with a house salad.Special Features:
- Hopefully an off nightLambiePieVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food and service here have been very good in the past. This time, there was a mix-up in my order, since I ordered an entree and they brought the tapas version instead. The server never came by to apologize, and they took my friend's entree back to the kitchen to sit under a heat lamp while they prepared my fish. When it arrived, mine was very good but my friend's was only warm, not hot, and a little dry. The waiter did not come by to ask about our food until we were nearly done, even though our table was near the kitchen and he walked by us all the time. Really, we would have understood if someone had just acknowledged the mistake - they happen. But being ignored was really irritating. It will be a while before we come back.
- Well worth it!Footdoc1Dined on 9/17/2014I had mistakenly made the online appointment for a Wed instead of a Friday but I told them I was new with Open Table and was my mistake. They gladly accommodated us on a Friday evening! The music was a Gypsy Kings style which was perfect for the place. The décor very attractive in the bar out front and paintings in the back. The wait staff very attentive and offered good suggestions. We ordered both cold and hot tapas which were delicious and great temperature. My favorite was the scallops. The main course was the seafood paella with great variety of seafood and slightly al dente rice. We did not have room for dessert so next time we'll have to cut back on the tapas! The wine suggested by the waiter was a great choice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantDinerDelightDined on 9/17/2014Some of the tapas are delicious. Some maybe I just didn't know what to expect. Scallop dish and stuffed dates a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good food but expensiveItaliansushiloverDined on 9/5/2014We eat here fairly often and always enjoy the food, service is usually pretty good, seating in the booths is a little uncomfortable you may want to ask for a table. my main issues: a kids meal is $10 (for a plate of pasta) and a soda is another $4! (Kinda steep imo) so you may want to leave the kids at home. Also a $30 entree should at least include a salad or green veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceIdaQDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I went here for the first time it was fabulous. The Sangria was perfect. We had the tappas and everything we had was great. The service was outstanding. This is now on our list of regular places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemTough2PleaseDined on 8/26/2014This is a great little restaurant in Carrollwood. I Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the booths with the high backs to eliminate some of the noise from the enthusiastic and festive clientele. They do have a combo of tables & booths. Although We did not sit in the Bar/Lounge area, people seemed to be having a great time. Dancing and live band available I believe on certain nights. Wasn't happening on Tuesday Night. The food was excellent this time being this is my second trip back. Their Paella was disappointing and I almost didn't return. Im glad I gave it a second chance.(not the Paella) The Filet mignon didn't disappoint, and the Seafood also was excellent. Great opportunity to brush up on your Spanish!Special Features:
- It was a happy birthdayDineoutalotDined on 8/21/2014Went there to celebrate my Husband's birthday. We loved the atmosphere and even though it was busy, it was quiet and we could converse with no problem. We ordered the Seafood Paella. Which was delicious and much more than we could eat at one sitting. The overall menu was extensive and you would be able to suite your palate with no problem. Our waiter was charming, but we did sit a little while before someone came to the table. Although we didn't sit in the bar, it was busy and piano and guitar music was provided. We will be back to try some of the other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent. The service once seated was excellent. The problem was when you entered the restaurant. There was no one at the hostess desk, which is out out the site of the nearest employee, who was working the bar. A couple was already waiting at the desk and left as we walked in. I waited a few minutes and went into the bar and asked if we should seat ourselves. The bartender seated us. As we left, I noted there was still nobody at the desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish cuisineMeducatorVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious tapas and paella Great atmosphere. Best Spanish in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vizcaya redo nice; service sufferssf18Dined on 8/15/2014went to VIzcaya recently for lunch for first time. Food quite good; liked interior redo also. SErvice was slow and poor; water not refilled; food took very long time to come and when ordered another cold dish that took forever too. Hopefully Vizcaya can hire and retain good servers; that makes all the difference between ok and great!Special Features:
- Great Night OutKaraDined on 8/8/2014The food was inventive and delicious. Great combinations of flavors. Big portions (we shared 3 tapas plates and one order of seafood paella and took a big box home). Our waiter, Jose, was fantastic. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Spanish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Their food is delicious and the live music made our dinner great.Special Features:
- ecfoo9dDined on 8/2/2014We waited approximately 1 hour for our meal. The food was good but the long wait overshadowed the entire evening. Would have been more understanding if someone had periodically stopped by our tableSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinner!kwvalricoDined on 8/2/2014First time at Vizcaya. All I can say is "Wow" -- from the food to the service, everything was excellent. We were a party of 4 at Vizcaya for dinner prior to attending a play at the nearby Carrollwood Players Theater. We selected 8 different tapas items, including deviled crab, stuffed dates (our favorite), seafood salad, and more. Every item was delicious. The service was well-paced, allowing us to enjoy the food and conversation. We topped it off with flan and café con leche. The flan was outstanding - light and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014As always....amazing food! I have been there numerous times, with my husband, my girlfriends, my mother. I have never been disappointed with any aspect of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousLllllDined on 7/22/2014We always order the dates! A must have! The sea bass is amazing!Special Features:
- Great food - service lackingCoachDined on 7/19/2014Waiter was inattentive and seemed to be preoccupied.Special Features:
- Will come backGinetteDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service was very good. Prices are reasonable and up to par with food quality. Will certainly be back, glad we have this not so far from home. Beats having to drive to South Tampa or Ybor. Next time I will ask to sit closer to the bar, more fun!Special Features:
- Always tastyPinellasdinerDined on 7/1/2014We've been here a few times and always it's delicious. We tend to dine early so we book the earliest reservation. I suggest waiting 30minutes next time, there seems to be a lot of similarly minded people, stretching the staffs attention in those first 30 minutes after that ..smooth sailing. But a pleasant environment and food is always delicious. We always eat tapas hot and cold. The dates are a favorite, but we've tried so many and have never been disappointed. Love the expanded facility and it looks like bar attracts an early crowd too. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingCitationVIPDined on 6/28/2014Since the move to the larger space- the service is not as attentive; the tables are so close together it is awkward - you're literally so close you can hear other diners conversations; and the food is lacking the flavor and seasoning that it used to have. Don't go nearly as often as we used too. Very sad- used to be one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Appalling ServiceellebDined on 6/27/2014We had some of the worst service of our life here. The waiter didn't greet us for 20 minutes, took another 20 to get our drinks and place our order, and waited 30 minutes for our appetizer of salad. Then were told he was the manager when we asked to speak to someone. They also forgot to put in our main entree and only when we asked 30 minutes later where it was, did they say it wasn't ever placed to order. Amazing food, but the service was enough to make me NEVER want to come back. Fortunately, an employee named Sophie came over at the very last minute to discuss our issues and listen to our concerns, and she may have persuaded me to try again.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!CWCCDined on 6/25/2014Best Tapas anywhere... Love the Mariscos En Salsa Rosa, Stuffed Dates, Chorizo, Stuffed Prawns+++ Sangria is outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 254 reviews are from the Vizcaya reviews archive.
- Awesome dining experienceJkarenwmsVIPDined on 6/14/2014We brought our friends to Vizcaya as this were their first time there. Our dining experience was impeccable as usual. Love, love the Paella.Special Features:
- CarlitoDined on 6/6/2014Noise level was too loud in the main dining/bar area. WE DO NOT LIKE THE LIVE MUSIC. Too loud and cheesy. The musicians and music type are more appropriate for a cruise ship of senior citizens. We would much prefer to have no live music so we can actually carry on a conversation while we're eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinggoldyDined on 5/27/2014Have never had a better experience. Great food and service . Will always eat there when visiting the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabrosoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Quiet dinner with live music and friendly crowd. Wilson was excellent to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!AmandaVIPDined on 5/22/2014A MUST try place!!! The food was amazing! We both had the lunch fish special of the day, that was something I would definitely order again. The flan was also phenomenal. Looks like they may have dancing and live music on certain days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GiffoDined on 5/17/2014Food, service and wine are all top shelf we could not have been happier with everything. Our server, Wilson, is the best of the best. He anticipated our every need and let us enjoy the experience at Vizcaya without a rush. We will return soon and ask for Wilson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late and noisydisappointedVIPDined on 5/3/2014Unfortunately, we were seated 35 mins past our reservation, and we were seated next to a large, noisy group. No apology and nothing gratis to make up for the late seating. The food was delicious, but we can't recommend this restaurant because of the mentioned issues. This was not the first time we dined here, but it could be our last for a long while.Special Features:
- Best Spanish Restaurant in TampaMeducatorVIPDined on 4/19/2014Tapas, sangria, paella, contemporary decor, with live music and dancing in the lounge... Doesn't get better than this.Special Features: