Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria - Reno
6795 So. Virginia Street Suite H
Reno, NV 89511Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vivolicafe.com/locations/reno.html
- Phone: 7758531005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nunzio Donato Ciaraulo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is split into two rooms and we can offer private dining
- Private Party Contact: Nunzio Donato 7758531005
- Entertainment: Live Music & Karaoke
A word from Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria - Reno
Vivoli's 2004 review in the Zagat survey raves: An "absolute gem" "in the heart of Sunset" and the "best deal in WeHo" is what those in-the-know call this "small" Italian for its "amazingly authentic", "well-prepared" cuisine, "reasonable prices" and "warm hospitality"; while generous groupies "highly recommend" it, others say "shhh-don't let anyone else in on the secret." Vivoli Cafe and Trattoria opened July 8, 2003. They bring to your table a collection of fine authentic Italian cuisine originating from the Northern to the Southern regions of Italy. Please come anytime of the day for lunch, a mid-day snack, or a fine four course dining experience. However you decide to dine at Vivoli, we want to become your neighborhood favorite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
- Vivoli Cafe feels like ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2013The Reno offering of this small chain has the food, service and feel of being in Italy. We went on a Friday night about 7 and were surprised that one other couple and ourselves were the only customers during our visit. I had the Caneloni and my wife had the Pene Bolognese for entrees and we shared a salad and Italian Vegetable soup as starters. They serve warm bread and an olive spread after taking your order. The salad and soups were wonderful. The pasta in the Caneloni was just amazing. It was so thin and delicate and cooked just right so that it still had great texture. My wife also enjoyed her entree and we had a totally enjoyable evening. This restaurant definitely operates as a small family tratoria in Italy and we will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was non-existant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013The service was non-existant. Had to ask twice to have our water refilled despite the fact that the restaurant was empty - there were were a total of five tables occupied, including ours. They were out of steak and it was only 6 PM on a Saturday. And, they apply 18% gratuity to the bill, even on a party of 2. Tip should be discretonary, a reward for a job well done. I am not one to leave a zero tip, but 18% was certainly not deserved. We had to stop one of the wait staff to ask for a glass of wine. It is a shame that the service was so poor as the food was actually quite good. We do not plan on returning to Vivoli again.
- Excellent food, best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2013Excellent food, best Italian I've had since moving west. European service, leisurely. Need to remember to ask for your check when you're ready...Special Features:
- There were only a dozen peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013There were only a dozen people in the entire restaurant and 5 of them were at our table, with that said our dinners came out at three different times, our waiter could barely understand us due to a language barrier and the food was just fair. When we asked out server what he would recomend he stated "meat, fish or pasta". It was like going to someone's house that wasn't used to serving more than two people at a time. I also had sent a email to the address provided on the website with a question or two and never recieved a response. Good luck Vivoli........
- Was very disappointed as anOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/13/2013Was very disappointed as an Open Table restaurant. While the food was good the service and overall experience was very disappointing. Good menu selection, but after we chose our entrees we were informed they were out of several items which we had selected. Would have been nice to know from the outset what they were the did not have available. We dealt with two different wait staff in working through our order issues and took some time to sort it out. They did comp a glass of wine for our troubles. Located in a strip mall with pretty harsh lighting, it was not a warm and inviting atmosphere for dinner.
- Gastronomy InterruptusOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2013It was not a good night for Vivoli. We were seated and not greeted by a server for almost ten minutes. We ordered sparkling water and were informed five minutes later that all they had was club soda. When the wine list was presented, there were very few choices. We left before the experience became more ugly. This restaurant gives all the appearances of trying to go out of business.
- We have been to Vivoli a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013We have been to Vivoli a few times in the past and had good meals. However, this visit to Vivoli was very disappointing. Even though we had reservations, we were seated for over 15 minutes before receiving being asked what we wanted to drink. They were out of ice tea and it took forever to get out waters and cocktails. Once we placed our dinner order, we were advised that they were out of veal. Note that this was 7PM and that was the last straw. At that point we asked for our bar bill, paid and left. This all took over an hour, with no dinner. On top of it all, they added a 18% tip on the bill! We ALWAYS leave an appropriate tip, but we are still kicking ourselves for paying that 18% for the worst experience ever!
- After our first visit in August,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/7/2012After our first visit in August, my husband asked that we return here for his birthday. Jim had the veal parmesan, and I had the pan-seared Chilean sea bass with white wine and lemon and capers. Both were perfectly prepared. An 18% service charge is automatically added to your bill, making it unnecessary for diners to calculate tips.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Great Italian restaurant, with extensive menu and very fine, solid food and service. I really enjoy this restaurant. Food is prepared very nicely and generously. Ambience is clean and nice. Nice little gem, that I go back to quite frequently! At times they can be busy, so service sometimes is a little slower, but the food makes up for it.Special Features:
- Food was very good but couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Food was very good but could have been just a bit hotter. The bread was hot and fresh and their tapanade is wonderful!
- Hit or miss on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The food at Vivoli is very good. The service, however, has been spotty. The first time my husband and I dined at Vivoli the service was outstanding. The waiter was extremely attentive and polite. This most recent time was not so good. We had several people taking care of us and I wasn't really sure who was actually our server. One server seemed very confused and forgetful. When I asked for crushed red pepper he brought me black pepper, he forgot one of our drinks, he didn't bring a wine list, and he neglected to take back my menu. Another server who helped us seemd agitated and harried. I didn't want to ask her for anything! A 3rd server was very nice. Last issue, we used a groupon and our tip was added in already. I found this insulting.Special Features:
- Everyone was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Everyone was great and the only bad thing was the Tiramisu. It was not very good. not sweet or rich or coffee flavored at all. Just blah. But the cioppino was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2012Authentic Italian cuisine. The chef and owner actually came came to our table and met us. Their homemade bread is warm and delicious!Special Features:
- The food was wonderful - andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012The food was wonderful - and the tappanade with black olives is excellent!Special Features:
- Francesco greeted us and setDukeDined on 8/8/2012Francesco greeted us and set the stage for a most enjoyable evening. There were four in our party, we all ordered pasta dishes, and we were uniformly pleased with the preparation of our meals. To enhance your dining experience, Vivoli has partnered with Total Wine, located in the same shopping center, to allow you to purchase wine at the store, bring it to the restaurant, and not charge a corkage fee for the privilege.Special Features:
- Good food.RenobatDined on 7/5/2012First visit to this cafe. We went for our wedding anniversary. We were treated very well. We felt very welcome. The food was good, it was hot and tasty. not exceptional, but good. We have had alot worst in other places. We will go back, nice place, decent service, decent prices. Ambiance was spartan: very euro styled.Special Features:
- Horrid service, will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2012In a nearly empty restaurant and were taken to the table by the kitchen door and service area...We asked to be moved and were accommodated.Although some of the food was good, the service was deplorable. We will not return. There were two other tables of diners when we arrived at 5pm and three other tables when we left a grueling two and a half hours later. A gratuity of 18% is ncluded, no matter the size of the group and we were completely ignored.....this deserved no tip. In an almost empty restaurant, after waiting about 10 minutes, we had to ask twice to get a server to the table to order drinks. The calamari was ok, the complimentary brochette was tasteless. The veggie pizza was also bland. pasta entrees were good.
- We had a lovely dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012We had a lovely dinner at Vivoli's last Friday/ The people were friendly.service great with excellent food. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012We had a wonderful dining experience. The food and the service was excellent. Have been there once before and most definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceTreemanVIPDined on 5/12/2012Very nice experience. Great ItalIan food. Nice Italian background music. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We had a very poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012We had a very poor experience at this restaurant. The service was poor. The server that started with us had a horrible attitude. When the server brought our food out my friend was brought the wrong entree. We had waited apx. 45 min. Before receiving our food. My dinner tasted good. We then waited another 30 min. To receive our check after asking for it. When we recieved our bill they had drinks on it that were not ours. The manager did come speak with us and said they were having a rough night and short handed. So maybe we hit them on their worst night. BUT the most unbelievable part is they include 18% gratuity on every check. After recieving service like that I left feeling very angry. I would not choose to go back again.
- Wonderful place to go forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Wonderful place to go for a "special" night out. The food is excellent and we love the personal service we recieve. All the employees are friendly, and very attentive...we love it here!Special Features:
- Wine LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012Do not charge a corkage fee if wine purchased at Total Wine, which is in the same shopping center.Special Features:
- We tried Vivoli after purchasingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012We tried Vivoli after purchasing an online certificate; $20 for $54 food and wine value. We enjoyed it so much we were determined to go back and signed up for e-mails from them. When we were notified about an Italian singer we went back for dinner on a Fri. night to hear her. The food and service were great and the singer was amazing. We went back the following night to hear here sing again and just ordered a bottle of wine, dessert and coffee. We have tried and enjoyed all of the house wines. The service is attentive and friendly. Food portions are large, the menu is extensive, and we thoroughly enjoyed everything we tried.Special Features:
- Food was very good (as usual),OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2012Food was very good (as usual), however service was very slow (unusual). The live Italian music was too loud - suggest sitting in the bar area if there is live music in order to be able to have a conversation!
- Excellent neighborhood find.PatcoxDined on 3/17/2012Everything from pasta to steak is terrific. No corking fee if wine bought at Total Wine.Special Features:
- Bring Your Own Wine!JackDined on 3/15/2012Great Italian food, but they were out of stock on several of my favorite types of red wine. Found out from the staff that they will waive corkage if you bring a bottle of your favorite wine at Total Wine (located across the street) and bring the receipt. I'll definitely do that next time!Special Features:
- This restaurant was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012This restaurant was okay. The price was high for the food I thought. Atmosphere is busy
- It was great and overall theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012It was great and overall the service was great too, however, at the end it seemed like since it was getting close to closing hour they were trying to hurry us up and get us to leave. Before that, the waitress and everyone else were fantastic. I guess they were just tired and wanted to leave.Special Features:
- Consistent Food/Service, Odd PolicyfitfoodieDined on 2/14/2012Trattoria has an extensive menu and they are accomodating to special requests (low sodium, low fat preparation). The food is consistent and tasty. The service is friendly and reasonably attentive. The thing that is a bit offputting is that they add 18% for gratutity/service to ALL checks, not just large groups. You don't get an option. If service was exceptional or poor you don't get to reflect that in the tip. This is the one thing that keeps me away from going to Trattoria more often.
- This place was very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This place was very disappointing. At 6:30 pm they were already out of our first two wine choices. They brought the wrong salad and then we had to wait 30 mins. for the right one. The food was not very good. The seating is so close that it's impossible to speak to your dinner companion. It was like going out to dinner with a bunch of strangers. We will not go back.
- It was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012It was a great experience dining at Vivoli Cafe and Trattoria in Reno. You don't expect Chad (the Chef)to sit down at your table and talk about life. What a great experience on Valetines day. In addition, the exceptional waitress did an outstanding job making us feel at home. I would recommend this resturant to all of my friends. The cup cakes are to die for.Special Features:
- our dinners were very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012our dinners were very slow to appear, then it took half and hour (after asking) to get the check. there was no tobasco sauce with which to make spicy bloody marys, the choice of two at our table. your manager was great and did a good, professional job. we would definitely try you again but would be more aggressive with service.
- Good Ambience - Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2012Vivoli has a nice ambiance with a wide-ranging Italian menu. Our seafood risotto was tasteless and required a liberal dosing of salt. The rice was soupy, not the normal creamy consistency of risotto, the grains themselves were thin and stringy, again, not the thick, al dente, texture of well-cooked Arborio rice. The seafood with slightly overcooked and my wife could not eat her calamari, which was reminiscent of rubber. Our Caesar salad came with a large slice of parmesan cheese on top, which required cutting it into chunks. We were quite disturbed by the 18% gratuity that is automatically added to the bill. This, along with the mediocre food, means we probably won't return.
- Enjoyable meal with a group of 8OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/16/2011A group of 8 of us went here for dinner - all out-of-towners. A couple of us arrived about 20 minutes early & our table was waiting for us. We were seated on arrival - didn't have to wait for the rest of the group to arrive (which some restaurants make you do). Our server was attentive and offered suggestions on both food & wine. The calamari appetizer was good, lightly breaded and cooked well. The ciopino was good, too - although the broth was thinner than I am used to, it was still tasty. Everyone else liked what they ordered, as well. The wine we chose was not on the menu, but recommended by our server - it was very good. Ample off-street parking. Despite what I read on reviews from others, I'd recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was average and overDaveDined on 11/21/2011Food was average and over cooked with my wife's dish. My rack of lamb was not a very good cut of meat for the price. The soup and salad were very good but the main courses average.Special Features:
- Premier visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2011The atmosphere was okay - not very impressed by the decor, but not offended, either. Noise level was very nice - could speak in ordinary conversational tones & hear without difficulty. The food was good - tho' the calamari was rubbery & the pasta of the raviolis was too tough, the flavors & sauces were lovely & the lamb was perfection! Extensive wine list seems to cover all requirements, & no hassle related to bringing our own wine w/a corkage fee. Overall, a very pleasant experience I hope to enjoy again.Special Features:
- Wasn't a very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2011Wasn't a very good experience for us. The food was okay. I was expecting more authentic and it tasted more commercial. The service staff were nice.Special Features:
- A waste of moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011This was by far one of the worst restauarants I have been to.The spinach salad was underdressed, they left the super long stems on the spinach, the walnuts were raw. My daughters pizza tasted like frozen. My chicken with penne and sundried tomatoes was floating in oil, the chicken was cubed like a fast food restaurant and it was tasteless. I will never recommend this restaurant, I do not know how it stays in business. What a waste of money !!
- Not Better the 2nd Time AroundPOFgirlDined on 10/12/2011This was a long-anticipated second visit and we were disappointed. The bar was out of several wine selections and the all-inclusive meal was mediocre at best. It was a weeknight and the restaurant was not full. The lemon chicken was overcooked and the mushroom pizza was dry and had no depth of flavor. I had some of the best pasta I've ever had on my first visit. After this experience, I don't plan to return.