Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria #3
3825 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd
Westlake Village, CA 91362Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria #3
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vivolicafe.com/
- Phone: 8053736060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nunzio Donato Ciaraulo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria #3
Vivoli's 2004 review in the Zagat survey raves: An "absolute gem" "in the heart of Sunset" and the "best deal in WeHo" is what those in-the-know call this "small" Italian for its "amazingly authentic", "well-prepared" cuisine, "reasonable prices" and "warm hospitality"; while generous groupies "highly recommend" it, others say "shhh-don't let anyone else in on the secret." Vivoli Cafe and Trattoria opened July 8, 2003. They bring to your table a collection of fine authentic Italian cuisine originating from the Northern to the Southern regions of Italy. Please come anytime of the day for lunch, a mid-day snack, or a fine four course dining experience. However you decide to dine at Vivoli, we want to become your neighborhood favorite! For a complete menu go to www.vivolicafe.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria #3 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very friendly staff. GoodHummingbirdVIPDined on 5/31/2013Very friendly staff. Good food. They don't skimp on your glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient neighborhood gemBillElisaVIPDined on 5/20/2013We like this little Italian restaurant which is located in the same mall as Pink berry and Vom Fass, which are 2 more of my favorite spots in Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks. The martini's are delicious and the food is pretty good. We like it because it's easy to get in and out OR dine, if we are in the mood. We will be coming back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The day we went it was 90turnontheairDined on 5/12/2013The day we went it was 90 degrees outside and almost that hot inside. We asked the waitress if the air conditioner was on and she replied that it's always that hot inside because the owner doesn't run the air conditioner on a cooler setting. She wasn't sure if the air conditioner was broke, or if that was his choice. We actually considered leaving to go find a restaurant that was cooler, but it was Mother's Day and we were afraid there would be no tables available at the last minute. The food is acceptable but all we could think about was finishing, paying the bill and getting outside. We will NOT return!
- A great experiencecalgirl2013Dined on 5/10/2013I've eaten at Vivoli Cafe before and I was not disappointed with my choice during this visit. From beginning to end, the restaurant staff was courteous and service was prompt. The chicken picatta I ordered was delicious and the sauteed vegetables complemented the chicken well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gooood stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/13/2013My wife and I love this place. It's local for us, and just really great food consistently. The staff is wonderful and we always have a great experience here.Special Features:
- Horrible experience!ToopieDined on 4/5/2013I usually don't believe Yelp reviews but for this restaurant in TO - they were spot on. The service was HORRIBLE. Seated right away, our waitress took our drink order and we never saw her again. Her name was Amanda and she kept walking by our table and wouldn't even make eye contact to see if we needed anything. The restaurant was not that busy (now I understand why) but it took 30 mins to take our order and we had to ask whomever seated us (the manager?) for someone to take our order. 20 mins after that, starter arrived. Bland, tasteless with stale bread. 30 mins after the appetizer - the main course. There is NOTHING positive about this restaurant. I would not go back even if it was offered for free.
- Will returnDB818VIPDined on 3/16/2013Within the first 15 minutes I had decided that I was not going to return again. BUT.... after complaining that we had been sitting at our table without anyone welcoming us or bringing even a glass of water we received a heartfelt apology and some of the best service we have ever experienced. The olive tapenade served with the bread is a wonderful change from the usual oil & vinegar combo. The carpaccio was perfection and the pasta just right. We will return again and again.
- good food, a bit pricey withoutPlainjaneVIPDined on 3/15/2013good food, a bit pricey without coupons but I keep returningSpecial Features:
- POOR SERVICE!!! we waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013POOR SERVICE!!! we waited a really long time to get our main dishes and asked to speak with a manager which they said was too busy to come speak with us. Therefore, we walked out, without getting our main dish and without paying for anything since they appeared to not care at all.
- We like this restaurant, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We like this restaurant, but on Valentine's day they were clearly overwhelmed. Too few staff. They ran out of entrees. Service was extremely slow - three hours for dinner.
- I read a number of Yelp reviewsLewisDined on 2/14/2013I read a number of Yelp reviews before going to this restaurant for Valentine's Day. I did note that a number of diners had complained about the service. I figured that the restaurant surely would have fixed the problem and would be ready for their big night. I was wrong. We arrived on time for a 6:45 reservation and were seated about 7:15. It took at least ten minutes for a waitress to come to our table. No one in our section of the restaurant had been served meals. All were waiting. After we ordered, we waited for over an hour when the waitress came over and said they were out of the rack of lamb I had ordered. We waited another 30 minutes, still with no entrees, and left after paying a corkage fee and for a salad. Unbelievable.
- Mediocre food bad policyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Although the staff was friendly; service was slow and the food was mediocre. For an Italian restaurant we found the food to be quite bland. The sauces were light and bland. What really disappointed us was the automatic 15% gratuity added to your bill. We were a party of 3. I spoke with the manager and found out this is their policy regardless of party size. Horrible policy inasmuch as I am a good tipper but a tipper based upon quality of service. There are much better Italian restaurants and I will not go back.
- Had to wait over an hour toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Had to wait over an hour to get my food once I ordered it.
- What's up with mandatory 15%milanVIPDined on 1/8/2013What's up with mandatory 15% tip? even with two people. shorting themselvesSpecial Features:
- Changed hands and not theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013Changed hands and not the same. Nearly empty at a time when earlier it would have been full.
- Good concept, poorly executedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The menu is excellent and food quality decent, however the service was terrible. Staff was discourteous, and there was quite a bit of communication breakdown. After being seated, no one came to our table for 15 minutes, when I finally flagged someone down the attitude was very nonchalant, as if sitting with no service is normal. I never got the iced tea I ordered, the food was very slow to come out, and drink refills were inconsistent. The whole experience took 2 hours, which to me is unacceptable for 2 people in a restaurant that was not particularly busy. All we ordered was 2 waters (an iced tea I never got) bruschetta, and 2 pasta entrees. Not very complicated. Frankly, I was a bit offended by the 15% gratuity added to the bill.
- Vivoli is always a sure bet! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Vivoli is always a sure bet! Great restaurant. Consistently good food.Special Features:
- Flavorless, inauthentic Italian,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/27/2012Flavorless, inauthentic Italian, terrible service and overpriced. On the plus side, parking is plentiful.
- Everything was wonderful fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Everything was wonderful from the service to the food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Vivoli's is always great!TheresaVIPDined on 12/1/2012Vivoli's is always great. They had lost a chief and were very busy, but we never felt forgotten and had an excellent meal...again.Special Features:
- We've been going to VivoliOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/1/2012We've been going to Vivoli for some time and it has been a favorite restaurant. Food and service has been great in the past. However, on this visit there weren't enough servers so the service was very slow. Hopefully, this was a one time fluke. We will be back, but would like to see better service in the future.Special Features:
- Vivoli always has great food,TheresaVIPDined on 11/3/2012Vivoli always has great food, great service, and all the employees are very courteous. It's always a pleasure to eat at Vovoli's Trattoria!Special Features:
- Having eaten here many times,PlainjaneVIPDined on 10/30/2012Having eaten here many times, I do enjoy it or I wouldn't keep returning.Special Features:
- The quality was not as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2012The quality was not as expected. Pricey for the quality
- food was good. not awesomePlainjaneVIPDined on 9/10/2012food was good. not awesome but good. not keen on paper table covers when you have $30 entrees.
- Great food, terrific attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2012Great food, terrific attentive service. Broad enough menu to keep me coming back many times.Special Features:
- Food used to be very goodRoctmanVIPDined on 8/30/2012Food used to be very good here, but this time it was just OK. The service was excellent however!
- The last time I visited VivoliBrolimomDined on 8/11/2012The last time I visited Vivoli I thought it was average. Unfortunately, the restaurant couldn't even achieve that this time around. I used a Conejo Deal to see if it had changed since the last time, but I won't try again. On a positive side, the server was sweet and accommodating. From there, it went downhill. The pasta my husband ordered was dreadful and the rack of lamb I ordered had no meat, just grizzle. I NEVER send back food, but this time I did. I replaced it with a salad that had absolutely no flavor at all. Also, the place has a casual vibe but the menu and prices scream fine dining. Nope. Too many other places to go at that price point that are wonderful.
- The food is very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012The food is very good and it's a real nice restaurant. The last time I visited the service was uncharacteristically slow. I have never had an issue before but when I ate there last we were forgotten about for a while and they had also forgotten we had ordered dessert and it felt like a project to get someone's attention to serve us. I overheard they had a particular issue with the wait staff that night but it would've been nice to have the manager explain it and possibly apologize for the delays it was causing. Usually it is a really good experience overall.Special Features:
- Food was just so-so. Too manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2012Food was just so-so. Too many other restaurants with great food. In this economy, when we dine out, we want to spend our money only on GREAT food---not so-so food. Sorry.
- Consistently excellent ItalianDanMVIPDined on 7/14/2012Consistently excellent Italian with comfy ambience and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Consistently good food, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2012Consistently good food, nice variety, and friendly service. Pricing is fair for what you get. Hard to beat their prix fixe menue Sun-Thurs for $20. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Our server was fantastic.RoysLoverVIPDined on 6/20/2012Our server was fantastic. Very accomodating. Food came quickly and very tasty. Would definitely return .Special Features:
- NancyLuckyoneVIPDined on 6/17/2012Celebrated Father's Day and Dad was thrilled. Everyone in our group loved their food. Desserts were outstanding!Special Features:
- We had a coupon so decidedLyndaVIPDined on 6/16/2012We had a coupon so decided to try Vivoli in Thousand Oaks. The food was good but nothing outstanding and prices are high for standard fare. The service was fair. Our waiter was friendly but the bus staff was in a rush to clear the table as soon as we were on our last bite. And they took them before the other person was finished. Probably just over zealous high schoolers but it felt like a rude intrusion. This is just an average mini-mall chain restaurant.
- Superb Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Food very good and portion size just right. nice atmosphere and good service. i like the ability to book online. Nice small, quiet restaurant atmosphere.Special Features:
- We always enjoy dining atFT45VIPDined on 6/6/2012We always enjoy dining at Vivoli: the service is great and friendly, and the food is terrific.Special Features:
- Table was really close tobeachloverDined on 5/26/2012Table was really close to one next to us so not very private at all for conversation. A booth would have been better. Food was good, although bread was underbaked and we heard another table ask for bread that was baked more (not raw). The chicken with artichokes and tomatoes in white wine sauce was very good, as were the pastas we ordered. THe veggies were good too.Special Features:
- They are closed on Sundays!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2012Vivoli Café is a good place to go for an inexpensive Italian meal. We enjoyed their food and the staff is usually friendly. We made a reservation again for this past Sunday, 8/26 only to find that Vivoli is closed on Sundays. I am very disappointed that they didn’t coordinate with Open Table to alert dinners. M. Yin
- It was a very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012It was a very pleasant experience. The wine list was not extensive, but had excellent choices at moderate prices. The food and service will bring us back again and again.Special Features: