432 Beaver St,
Sewickley, PA 15143Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivokitchen.com/
- Phone: 4122598945x
- Hours of Operation:
Extended Summer Dining Hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Sabatino DiBattista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to accomodate 50 people inside and another 30 people outside. We have a beautiful bar, creative drink list and very nice wine list.
- Private Party Contact: Lori DiBattista 412-259-8945x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment the last Friday of every month, also on the Patio during nice weather.
A word from Vivo Kitchen
Vivo Kitchen is located in the Village of Sewickley, nestled among the boutiques, art galleries, and specialty shops that line Beaver Street. Vivo opened its doors in Bellevue in 2000, and relocated to Sewickley in 2011. Consistently voted in the "Top 25 Best Restaurants" by Pittsburgh Magazine, as well as "Best New Chef". A focus on fresh and local ingredients, bringing you small plates, fresh pasta, grilled meats and fish, as well as house made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vivo Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Sewickley ›
Vivo Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (39)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014good food variety with local ingredients menu that is sophisticated and ever changingSpecial Features:
- SeatingSurveVIPDined on 9/18/2014Eventhough the restaurant wasnt crowded on a Thursday night they sat us at a table for two right next to another couple. There were a lot of empty tables for a foursome bit they had to sest us at a two table. Food was ok. Very limited selection. Music was too loud so people had to talk over it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WaiterJim53VIPDined on 9/17/2014A very patient server who let us talk, suggested wonderful dishes, overall great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night outspecialkDined on 9/13/2014we went to see our friend Dave Gurwin and the Gurwin Jazz Trio and were glad we did. The food and service were outstanding; we saw some old friends and the jazz was fantastic. Vivo was really hopping - like being in NYC!Special Features:
- Disappointing and OverpricedEasy2pleaseDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit and sad to say our last visit. The restaurant was very nicely appointed inside and out, but regretfully it was down hill from there. The waiter was very nice, but for some reason must have been distracted or not properly supported in the kitchen. The wrong appetizer was sent to our table. After ordering dinners and waiting a notable time history repeated itself and again the wrong dinners was brought to the table. It was a table for 4 and 3 out of the four dinners were wrong (i.e., a pork chop was sent for someone who ordered halibut). It was a bit shocking to witness the confusion. All dinners were removed and we had to wait all over again for our order to be re-made. One should expect much more for $315Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent and innovative kitchen. Menu changes every week. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- 24carrotsDined on 9/12/2014We went to Vivo because we wanted a new restaurant destination in the area, and were pleasantly impressed with what we found. Our appetizers and entrees were both delicious ( pork and seafood) and innovative . Wines by the glass were well selected The staff was really good from beginning to end, their timing was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Glad we did not go into city. Very nice meal. Snapper and chicken were wonderful. The flatbread was not crispy, it really was a pizza but my initial reservations when it arrived on the table were all forgotten as it disappeared, great taste. Will go back for sure to this real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTSILVIADined on 8/19/2014QUIET, NICE RESTAURANT. DELICIOUS FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE I WILL RECOMMENT AND GO BACK AGAINSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gene15213Dined on 8/16/2014I always enjoy my Vivo Kitchen experience from soup to desert. Sam's skill in the kitchen is worthy of a James Beard recognition. Try the bone marrow. The prices are moderate considering the high-end dining fare. A little far from home but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Vivo Kitchen. The outdoor dining space is beautiful. The Wagyu flat iron was fantastic. The butter lettuce salad was light and delicious. I cant wait to go back and sit outside on the patio at Vivo again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findHausfrauDined on 8/16/2014We tried Vivo Kitchen during the Pittsburgh restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised to find a very sophisticated menu, well executed. My husband and I found each course on the three course menu to be outstanding, as were our desserts. The first course of white asparagus and fresh peas really stood out for both of us. I had a second course of crabmeat with seaweed salad in a slightly spicy sauce, unusual and excellent. We found no fault with anything. Our server, Jennifer, was helpful and efficient. The outdoor patio was a lovely place for a summer evening. We wish Vivo Kitchen were closer to our home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food and cocktailsfoodie7065Dined on 8/15/2014The ambiance was lovely, but the food and cocktails were even better. We came intending to make a meal of the small plates and enjoy a few of the craft cocktails. All of the cocktails were perfect: a Cosmopolitan made Cointreau (as it should be), the Beaver & Broad made with dry gin, elderflower liqueur, Aperol, grapefruit, and rhubarb and a perfect barrel aged manhattan. After 5 amazing small plates, we were all still fixed on an entrée. The two stand outs were the lamb chops and the flank steak with a mustard relish. Finally, we could not leave without dessert. The salted caramel cheesecake was so velvety and the heath bar gelato is a must-try! If you can make it on a warm night, I highly suggest sitting outsideSpecial Features:
- Classyk67Classyk67Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I will certainly patronage this restaurant again. The food is wonderful service great. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingHark2emDined on 8/12/2014My fiancée and I went there during Pittsburgh Restaurant week. I'm so glad we did, we'll be back. Our service was exceptional, our waiter Edward was attentive yet not intrusive. Our meals were beyond what we expected. The risotto and the Ono (our entrees) were perfection on a plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable eveningfoodie1Dined on 8/9/2014This was our first time eating at Vivo and we will definitely be returning. The cocktails , the out door ambiance and the service was excellent. The food overall was outstanding, the turbot was light and fresh, my husband had the pork rib which was cooked perfectly and he couldn't get enough of the spicy sauce. We ordered the flat bread which was disappointing, the toppings were tasty but the crust was very doughy as if it was undercooked. My husband had the pork meatballs, which are almost enough for an entree, and I had the scallops on the open self with the mango sauce, very pleased with both of these items. We ate outside on the patio, it was tranquil sitting among the herb garden. Over all our experience at Vivo was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place but food could improvewild4foodDined on 8/6/2014Vivo is a lovely restaurant, whether you choose to sit inside or out. My husband and I chose outside in the garden. Food rundown: starters are more interesting than the main dishes. I had brussel sprouts - crispy and delicious cooked with pancetta. My husband had the barata (basically a big hunk of fresh mozzarella). Main courses come with very finely chopped, hard to identify accompaniments that are cold (are they meant to be salads?). I had the halibut, which did not have a lot of flavor and was a bit overcooked, but had a good crispy outside. My husband had a quite delicious pheasant breast. Service was very good. The waitress was even very quick to replace my husband's side dish when he told her he didn't like beets.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014One of the top five restaurants in Pittsburgh... Sewickley is lucky to have such a gem!!Special Features:
- Great menu!polprncssDined on 7/19/2014Small, quaint restaurant with an outstanding menu. The food choices were very unique and very tasty. My husband and I decided to come here on a last minute date and we were not disappointed. We were hoping to sit outside but it was raining. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Best in Pittsburgh Area!NewYork1Dined on 7/19/2014This is truly an outstanding restaurant. The chef is the star and his food is among the best we've had anywhere. Appetizers are creative and special. Entrees are delicious and perfectly prepared. Service and friendliness of staff superb. Our favorite restaurant in the Pittsburgh area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivo is WonderfulKimHVIPDined on 7/19/2014After three years, we finally made it to Vivo's "new" location in Sewickley. While the location has changed, the attention to detail and the quality of the food remains the same. The menu focuses on local, fresh ingredients, and it was wonderful. Also, for those who remember Vivo's Bellevue location, you will be happy to know that Lori is still making pizzelles for dessert, which her husband, Sam, sandwiches with Crème Anglaise and fresh berries for dessert. Our entrees included duck breast and flat iron steak. The duck breast was perfectly prepared and served with a fresh fig compote. The flat iron was on a bed of local root vegetables. Both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveThawVIPDined on 7/16/2014The menu "standards" are wonderful but if you need something a bit extra, Sam (chef) caters to the particular. Always I/we have a tasty meal and the atmosphere is upbeat and cozy. Vivo's is worth the drive to Sewickley!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, delicious meal!DinewithWineDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed the beet salad and roasted mushroom appetizers, pheasant with plum sauce and scallops for entrees, and strawberry gelato profiteroles and sea salt caramel cheesecake for dessert...all were delicious with creative blends of flavors! We especially liked the use of so much local "farm to table" foods on the menu. The wine menu had a wide variety of selections, with some grapes we hadn't seen on many menus, beginning with bottle cost in the mid $20 range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlucianeDined on 7/12/2014Great and friendly staff with a nice variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014It was a wonderful meal, simple menu and huge wine list. Great drinks it was just a little bit loud. The tables are very close together, you can see and hear everyone else in the room. Not for a price secluded date, but a great Friday night meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014Best spot to dine in Pittsburgh. Sewickley is lucky to have such a fine neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- A Sewickley GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Belongs in anyone's list of top restaurants in the area. Never fails to please, from appetizers through the homemade desserts. The owners, Sam and Laurie, are special people as well, and put their personal touch on everything that happens there.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Hi, I had dinner with a friend and we celebrated her Birthday. The food, ambiance and service were excellent. The owner/chef came by and said hello and made sure we were satisfied. Overall, a great place. I will go again. I highly recommend it. Regards, RaySpecial Features:
- WonderfulDate42nightDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was fabulous! It was a great date night for me and my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnDeeDined on 6/27/2014So glad we finally tried this restaurant. Start to finish, appetizers to dessert, we had it all. The Bronzino was fantastic! Everything was really good, and very unique. Husband already talking about going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2014Best restaurant in Pittsburgh, Sewickley is very lucky to have such a gem. Sam and Lori are wonderful people and very creative.Special Features:
- wowiriniDined on 6/21/2014best bronzino ever --the very best ingredients treated simply and with the reatest respectSpecial Features:
- First visit of many to comeHammarDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I chose Vivo Kitchen to celebrate our 4th anniversary after reading excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. We sat in the courtyard and loved the simple decor, marveling at the growing herbs and plants. Service was friendly and attentive. We started with the mushroom risotto (which had more tender mushrooms than risotto!) and the veal meatballs, which were presented with a slightly tangy, creamy red pepper sauce. Both were excellent. For entrees, my wife had the flank steak with quinoa and I had the bacon-wrapped pheasant breast with a cherry peppercorn sauce. We couldn't have enjoyed them anymore than we did. Dessert was cheesecake mousse, which was light and a perfect end to the meal. Try the strong sangria!Special Features:
- Wonderful diningRawtpDined on 6/7/2014We recently went to Vivo Kitchen in Sewickley for dinner with friends. It was wonderful. The food was fantastic. The owners were so friendly and personable. Our waiter was attentive and helpful, giving us great suggestions. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 171 reviews are from the Vivo Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great town, great restaurant!RogerSterlingDined on 5/23/2014If you don't know Sewickley, then give it a try! Probably one of Pittsburghs best, small towns with great shops and restaurants. This was our first dining experience at Vivo and it is nothing short of unique. The atmosphere is simple yet sophisticated. Dress is casual. Light music in the background so you can still have a conversation. The main dish menu is short but I thought it was the best part. Decision making was easy! You don't feel rushed which was excellent. Don't plan on ordering your drink, appetizer and main dish as soon as you meet your server. Laurie and Sam our chef came to our table to talk with us with a smile, which was quite refreshing. The food was excellent, beyond my expectations. Awesome experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticEdwardDined on 5/17/2014First time at this restaurant, and we can't wait to go back. Service, atmosphere and food were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaky start, strong finishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Waited about 15-20 minutes at our table before anyone came to begin our service. Other tables that sat down after us had been served. Once I finally flagged someone down for waters and to have our bottle of wine opened everything was fine if not exceptional. It was a busy night so we tried to be patient. The food is always spot on and this meal was no different. Excellent flavors and great presentation. Dessert was great as well. All in all another great night at VivoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!LoveToWineAndDineVIPDined on 5/9/2014We found ourselves with time in Sewickley on a Friday night, so we decided to try Vivo, and we loved it! We do not eat pork or beef, so the menu is limited (if you like a meatier menu, then you will like Vivo even more - great range of choices!), but the Walleye and Scallops were fantastic! They were so friendly and accommodating though, I am sure if we had a different desire, they would have let us order off the menu. The wine list is great, not quite big enough to be notable, but very well done with very nice choices while keeping it manageable. I can't tell you enough how pleased and surprised we were. Quaint, well laid out, Village feel that we will go to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbothood - definitelyYUL2112Dined on 4/26/2014This is a nice place in Sewickley. No more no less. They use fresh ingredients and they are well prepared. The vegetables side this evening was more a hodge-podge than tasty. I had the meatball appetizer -- excellent, the best dish of the meal -- while my wife had the bib lettuce (fresh and simply arranged). I had the red snapper (walleye replacement if you look for it on the menu) while my wife had the shrimps. Both good with the shrimps the most interesting. Not the typical pasta overflow, more in the meats. All in all, not bad just good but for a neighborhood eatery -- pretty good.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenJonesDined on 4/25/2014Everything here is expertly prepared, but not in an over-the-top obnoxious kind of way. You will notice that there are NO salt and pepper shakers on the tables - you will NEVER need them. Absolutely wonderful food. I had the scallops and they were perfectly cooked (not easy to do). Even the least expensive bottle of wine in their extensive wine list is great. We had a bottle of wine that was $28 (they had some that we're $104) and it was fantastic. You really cannot go wrong with anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.