432 Beaver St,
Sewickley, PA 15143Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivokitchen.com/
- Phone: (412) 259-8945
- Hours of Operation:
Extended Summer Dining Hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Sabatino DiBattista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to accomodate 50 people inside and another 30 people outside. We have a beautiful bar, creative drink list and very nice wine list.
- Private Party Contact: Lori DiBattista 412-259-8945x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment the last Friday of every month, also on the Patio during nice weather.
A word from Vivo Kitchen
Vivo Kitchen is located in the Village of Sewickley, nestled among the boutiques, art galleries, and specialty shops that line Beaver Street. Vivo opened its doors in Bellevue in 2000, and relocated to Sewickley in 2011. Consistently voted in the "Top 25 Best Restaurants" by Pittsburgh Magazine, as well as "Best New Chef". A focus on fresh and local ingredients, bringing you small plates, fresh pasta, grilled meats and fish, as well as house made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vivo Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Sewickley ›
Vivo Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (31)notable wine list (23)romantic (18)hot spot (16)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently excellentJeffVIPDined on 11/14/2014I have been going to this restaurant for many years. This family team has made a very good and successful transition to their new digs in Sewickley. I was skeptical of the move initially, but they have made this new place every bit as good as the original. The menu is small, and seasonal, and has an offering for almost any taste. I started with the roasted peppers with garlic and sea salt. Gorgeous favors. For the main course I had the duck breast with seasonal vegetables. Done perfectly....juicy and flavorful. A filling meal finished by one of their homemade desserts. The wine list is medium in size, and offers a variety of choices from domestic to French, Spanish, and, of course, Italian. I suspect that each bottle was hand selected by the owners after a thorough tasting. This will continue to be my "go to" restaurant when I want a good, relaxing meal is a friendly vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE EVENING WITH A NICE FRIENDTinaDined on 11/11/2014WHAT A WONDERFUL EVENING AT VIVO! RELAXED ATMOSPHERE AND WONDERFUL FOOD WAS A WELCOME TO MY FRIEND AND I. "MR. VIVO" EVEN CAME OUT TO CHAT AT EVERYONE'S TABLE. A TRUE FOOD ARTIST AND GENUINE PERSON! LOVED OUR SERVER "EDDIE" TOO:)Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereHark2emDined on 11/5/2014We've been here a few times. The food is always fantastic and the service consistently good. The bar is small but really nice. I highly recomended reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate or quickKateVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dinner. There is always something on the menu for someone. The desserts are spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DaisyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Ordered the Beussel Sprouts and Meatballs from the appetizer menu. both items were great. Meatballs had just the right spiciness to hit the spot. Also ordered appetizer dish of scallops which were Ok, but not remarkable. Would go back just for the meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative sustainable foodHungryfishmongerDined on 10/25/2014We found the short menu had many choices that were to our liking. We shared our appetizers and entrees. Everything was meltable in the mouth and quite stimulating to the taste buds. The dessert menu was equally outstanding. This was my second visit and will certainly consider returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Size MattersPineapples31Dined on 10/18/2014It is really refreshing to know there is a neighborhood restaurant that is creative, comfortable and NOT making a reputation on the size of the meal. Sensible portions prepared to perfection; nothing more needed! Thanks Sam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at our fav placeKateVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were happy to share one of our favorite places with new neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique food exquisitely preparedaccreDined on 10/9/2014Vivo is consistently a special experience. The dishes are always well prepared and the menu always offers something interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestCCCCVIPDined on 10/3/2014Best restaurant in Pittsburgh hands down. Great atmosphere and amazing and eclectic menu. I haven't had a meal like this in a while...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidweekKipchuDined on 9/30/2014Food is excellent ,but would have expected better service for the high price. Outside dining would be preferable - perfect maybe. Inside is annoyingly noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014good food variety with local ingredients menu that is sophisticated and ever changingSpecial Features:
- SeatingSurveVIPDined on 9/18/2014Eventhough the restaurant wasnt crowded on a Thursday night they sat us at a table for two right next to another couple. There were a lot of empty tables for a foursome bit they had to sest us at a two table. Food was ok. Very limited selection. Music was too loud so people had to talk over it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WaiterJim53VIPDined on 9/17/2014A very patient server who let us talk, suggested wonderful dishes, overall great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night outspecialkDined on 9/13/2014we went to see our friend Dave Gurwin and the Gurwin Jazz Trio and were glad we did. The food and service were outstanding; we saw some old friends and the jazz was fantastic. Vivo was really hopping - like being in NYC!Special Features:
- Disappointing and OverpricedEasy2pleaseDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit and sad to say our last visit. The restaurant was very nicely appointed inside and out, but regretfully it was down hill from there. The waiter was very nice, but for some reason must have been distracted or not properly supported in the kitchen. The wrong appetizer was sent to our table. After ordering dinners and waiting a notable time history repeated itself and again the wrong dinners was brought to the table. It was a table for 4 and 3 out of the four dinners were wrong (i.e., a pork chop was sent for someone who ordered halibut). It was a bit shocking to witness the confusion. All dinners were removed and we had to wait all over again for our order to be re-made. One should expect much more for $315Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent and innovative kitchen. Menu changes every week. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- 24carrotsDined on 9/12/2014We went to Vivo because we wanted a new restaurant destination in the area, and were pleasantly impressed with what we found. Our appetizers and entrees were both delicious ( pork and seafood) and innovative . Wines by the glass were well selected The staff was really good from beginning to end, their timing was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Glad we did not go into city. Very nice meal. Snapper and chicken were wonderful. The flatbread was not crispy, it really was a pizza but my initial reservations when it arrived on the table were all forgotten as it disappeared, great taste. Will go back for sure to this real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTSILVIADined on 8/19/2014QUIET, NICE RESTAURANT. DELICIOUS FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE I WILL RECOMMENT AND GO BACK AGAINSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gene15213Dined on 8/16/2014I always enjoy my Vivo Kitchen experience from soup to desert. Sam's skill in the kitchen is worthy of a James Beard recognition. Try the bone marrow. The prices are moderate considering the high-end dining fare. A little far from home but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Vivo Kitchen. The outdoor dining space is beautiful. The Wagyu flat iron was fantastic. The butter lettuce salad was light and delicious. I cant wait to go back and sit outside on the patio at Vivo again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findHausfrauDined on 8/16/2014We tried Vivo Kitchen during the Pittsburgh restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised to find a very sophisticated menu, well executed. My husband and I found each course on the three course menu to be outstanding, as were our desserts. The first course of white asparagus and fresh peas really stood out for both of us. I had a second course of crabmeat with seaweed salad in a slightly spicy sauce, unusual and excellent. We found no fault with anything. Our server, Jennifer, was helpful and efficient. The outdoor patio was a lovely place for a summer evening. We wish Vivo Kitchen were closer to our home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food and cocktailsfoodie7065Dined on 8/15/2014The ambiance was lovely, but the food and cocktails were even better. We came intending to make a meal of the small plates and enjoy a few of the craft cocktails. All of the cocktails were perfect: a Cosmopolitan made Cointreau (as it should be), the Beaver & Broad made with dry gin, elderflower liqueur, Aperol, grapefruit, and rhubarb and a perfect barrel aged manhattan. After 5 amazing small plates, we were all still fixed on an entrée. The two stand outs were the lamb chops and the flank steak with a mustard relish. Finally, we could not leave without dessert. The salted caramel cheesecake was so velvety and the heath bar gelato is a must-try! If you can make it on a warm night, I highly suggest sitting outsideSpecial Features:
- Classyk67Classyk67Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I will certainly patronage this restaurant again. The food is wonderful service great. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingHark2emDined on 8/12/2014My fiancée and I went there during Pittsburgh Restaurant week. I'm so glad we did, we'll be back. Our service was exceptional, our waiter Edward was attentive yet not intrusive. Our meals were beyond what we expected. The risotto and the Ono (our entrees) were perfection on a plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable eveningfoodie1Dined on 8/9/2014This was our first time eating at Vivo and we will definitely be returning. The cocktails , the out door ambiance and the service was excellent. The food overall was outstanding, the turbot was light and fresh, my husband had the pork rib which was cooked perfectly and he couldn't get enough of the spicy sauce. We ordered the flat bread which was disappointing, the toppings were tasty but the crust was very doughy as if it was undercooked. My husband had the pork meatballs, which are almost enough for an entree, and I had the scallops on the open self with the mango sauce, very pleased with both of these items. We ate outside on the patio, it was tranquil sitting among the herb garden. Over all our experience at Vivo was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014One of the top five restaurants in Pittsburgh... Sewickley is lucky to have such a gem!!Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Vivo Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great menu!polprncssDined on 7/19/2014Small, quaint restaurant with an outstanding menu. The food choices were very unique and very tasty. My husband and I decided to come here on a last minute date and we were not disappointed. We were hoping to sit outside but it was raining. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Best in Pittsburgh Area!NewYork1Dined on 7/19/2014This is truly an outstanding restaurant. The chef is the star and his food is among the best we've had anywhere. Appetizers are creative and special. Entrees are delicious and perfectly prepared. Service and friendliness of staff superb. Our favorite restaurant in the Pittsburgh area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivo is WonderfulKimHVIPDined on 7/19/2014After three years, we finally made it to Vivo's "new" location in Sewickley. While the location has changed, the attention to detail and the quality of the food remains the same. The menu focuses on local, fresh ingredients, and it was wonderful. Also, for those who remember Vivo's Bellevue location, you will be happy to know that Lori is still making pizzelles for dessert, which her husband, Sam, sandwiches with Crème Anglaise and fresh berries for dessert. Our entrees included duck breast and flat iron steak. The duck breast was perfectly prepared and served with a fresh fig compote. The flat iron was on a bed of local root vegetables. Both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveThawVIPDined on 7/16/2014The menu "standards" are wonderful but if you need something a bit extra, Sam (chef) caters to the particular. Always I/we have a tasty meal and the atmosphere is upbeat and cozy. Vivo's is worth the drive to Sewickley!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, delicious meal!DinewithWineDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed the beet salad and roasted mushroom appetizers, pheasant with plum sauce and scallops for entrees, and strawberry gelato profiteroles and sea salt caramel cheesecake for dessert...all were delicious with creative blends of flavors! We especially liked the use of so much local "farm to table" foods on the menu. The wine menu had a wide variety of selections, with some grapes we hadn't seen on many menus, beginning with bottle cost in the mid $20 range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlucianeDined on 7/12/2014Great and friendly staff with a nice variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014It was a wonderful meal, simple menu and huge wine list. Great drinks it was just a little bit loud. The tables are very close together, you can see and hear everyone else in the room. Not for a price secluded date, but a great Friday night meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014Best spot to dine in Pittsburgh. Sewickley is lucky to have such a fine neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- A Sewickley GemMJW1VIPDined on 7/3/2014Belongs in anyone's list of top restaurants in the area. Never fails to please, from appetizers through the homemade desserts. The owners, Sam and Laurie, are special people as well, and put their personal touch on everything that happens there.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Hi, I had dinner with a friend and we celebrated her Birthday. The food, ambiance and service were excellent. The owner/chef came by and said hello and made sure we were satisfied. Overall, a great place. I will go again. I highly recommend it. Regards, RaySpecial Features:
- WonderfulDate42nightDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was fabulous! It was a great date night for me and my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnDeeDined on 6/27/2014So glad we finally tried this restaurant. Start to finish, appetizers to dessert, we had it all. The Bronzino was fantastic! Everything was really good, and very unique. Husband already talking about going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.