Vivo - Hartford
200 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Vivo - Hartford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://waterfordgrouprestaurants.com/vivo
- Phone: (860) 760-2333
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 6:30am-11:00am, Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-12:00pm LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:00pm (Bar Menu at bar only Mon-Fri 2:00pm -5:00pm Sat-Sun 12pm - 5pm) DINNER: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-10:00 pm Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private space for parties 16-55ppl
- Private Party Contact: Katie Gonzalez 8607602354
A word from Vivo - Hartford
Voted “Best New Restaurant” and “Best Hotel Dining” in its first year of business, VIVO, the Zagat rated restaurant located in the Marriott Hartford Downtown, is an upscale seasonal Trattoria with a distinctly Mediterranean ambiance. “Fresh ingredients, prepared simply” best describes VIVO’s inspired selection of dishes, infused with simple, contemporary Mediterranean flavors and the finest in local, seasonal ingredients. Chef de Cuisine William Reardon, under the direction of Executive Chef William Foley, creates pure and delicious culinary delights using pure, market-fresh ingredients – field ripened produce, day boat seafood, and select meats and cheeses, all chosen with the utmost care, and presented with a refreshingly creative Napa Valley style. VIVO was recently listed in Zagat’s 2008 America’s Top 1,000 Italian Restaurants guide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vivo - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great AmbienceNutmegNancyDined on 11/8/2014Easy to make reservations, front of the house staff courteous and friendly. Wine, appetizers and our meals served in good time, no rush. For a large, open space, noise level was low, ambience was very good. Waitstaff genuinely interested in taking care of us. Look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Friday nightNotbad4vdayDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It was quiet and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nana13OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Returned for 2nd time before going to Evita at Bushnell. Had tried this restaurant last year during Hartford's Price fix week. Food very good & aviance very nice! Last year the place was very busy, this time very quiet! Only few other people there. Maybe they should consider coupons for theater customers as several other restaurants do that are down towards Bushnell Park & include these coupons or special offers with ticket purchases plus some of them also advertise in "playbill book".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experiencemamazonDined on 9/24/2014Great service, quiet restaurant. Appetizer salad very crisp. Maple glazed Salmon moist and large serving size. Scallops- pan seared perfectly browned. Cheesecake delicious. Even the coffee was full-bodied. Menu choices abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rest2rantDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is lovely. It is quiet and the ambiance is elegant. Unfortunately our waiter was terrible. We had to repeatedly ask for the bread he was supposed to bring out before our salads came. He never came back to ask how our meals were, and he himself complained about one of the desserts. At the table next to us, the couple had to repeatedly ask for their drinks and when they didn't get them had to go to the bar themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time at VivoBlueBackFanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Vivo is located in the Marriott hotel in downtown Hartford, the food was amazing and the service was top-notch! I would definitely recommend this to friends and family! It's easiest to park in the CT Convention Center parking lot and walk over rather than find street parking.Special Features:
- Really lovely placeSusieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a really good meal here and the place is gorgeous. The service staff was fantastic (Gisele and Nicholas could not have been friendlier and attentive). Only concern was that it took a long time to get our appetizers (but we determined they could have been making 2 of them from scratch because it came out piping hot).I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 199 reviews are from the Vivo - Hartford reviews archive.
- Decent food, but nothing specialRobLDined on 7/25/2014I was a bit disappointed by the meal - the food was OK, but nothing special. The service was very good, and better than the food.
- Awesome experienceLuv2dineDined on 7/24/2014We went to Vivo during Taste of Hartford and it was wonderful. The service, food, atmosphere, and experience was great. The regular menu is a little on the pricey side but I would definitely go back, it's worth the money. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating and she didn't rush us at all, we had drinks, apps, entrees, and desserts/coffee and she did not mind that we were taking out time and enjoying ourselves. This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! Thank you Vivo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly night in HartfordBlueBackFanVIPDined on 5/16/2014Vivo was a very nice restaurant, after parking and walking to the front of the eatery, the host was very nice and accommodating, she quickly brought us to our table. The bread and humus was amazing, (this is worth noting as most dinner bread is-- well-- just boring.) I was impressed by the quality and taste of our food, which was phenomenal. Very enjoyable night, food was top notch and you couldn't beat their attentive and professional service. If you find yourself in Hartford, I'd recommend highly!Special Features:
- Mother's Day was a hitRichDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I have been hitting vivo for five years in a row due to such a wonderful spread for mothers daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, accommodatingAndreaDined on 2/20/2014Great Service, accommodating allergies and sensitivities, would recommend highly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Terrible service, food was not enjoyed by many in our group of nine, out of flatbreads at noon, no bread served yet a dish and spreader were on the table for each person (fold we had to ask for it). All in all a very unpleasant experience.
- A good veal chop is hard toPatnSteveEatDined on 1/31/2014A good veal chop is hard to find. Very nicely prepared. Would come back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatSamchetDined on 1/31/2014The food wasn't great. I had pei mussels which was a very small portion. Then I had scallops over risotto and it wasn't wonderful, I are it but I certainly wish I got something else. My husbands meal was yummy, he ordered the flank steak. The dessert was the worst. I had creme brûlée, my all time favorite dessert - it was so bad I didn't finish it. It was too sweet and the density was all off, it was more like a sloppy pudding. They did keep the water glasses full tho, which is always a plus! Oh and the sodas are super small and expensive!Special Features:
- The 3 course pre-fixe dinnerdinningdameDined on 1/28/2014The 3 course pre-fixe dinner was excellent...I would certainly go back when in Hartford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First off, we waited overjapsDined on 1/24/2014First off, we waited over a half hour past our reservation time to be seated. It was difficult to get a drink at the bar while we waited for our table....at least a 10 minutes wait for the drinks after the order was in Food was good but not what was expected. I was expecting bay scallops, zucchini, and risotto but it all came in one mix on the plate but was quite tasty. The food was overpriced (which is not unusual these days) We got the Taste of Hartford Special. I don't think any of the meals they offered were worth the $37 dollars or more they charged for them. The creme bruele was DELICIOUS! Once we were seated, our services was greatSpecial Features:
- Meh...GoodEatsDined on 1/24/2014The portion size was tiny. Maybe because we went to Vivo to order off the Taste of Hartford 2014, and they were serving tiny sizes to offset the price. Even after a three course, I left hungry. The restaurant pride itself with serving "infused" tasting meals. The food was bland!Special Features:
- OverpricedDowntonFanDined on 1/3/2014The food was average, the waiter was not very attentive and was over-priced for 2 bowls of onion soup and 2 steaks. The reason we went there was mostly for convenience, having attended an event in the hotel. We wanted to go elsewhere but the temps outside were close to zero!
- excellent food!!fooddoctorDined on 12/31/2013The service was great, right amount of time between courses, the flavors exquisite. Would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjtuniversalDined on 10/24/2013Great food! Very nice decor, service was great. Seating comfortable and very bright next to side walk window. Made reservation. Once there the host knew how many in my party without looking at her book. Took us to our seats immediately. Over an a+ . I had pesto cream tortellini. It was amazing and perfect size portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right There in My Own Back YardCampsDined on 10/18/2013Did not know great food and wine was so close to my home. Hartford is really growing the right direction!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for over an hour reservationJulesDined on 10/11/2013We arrived a few minutes late for reservation....and then waited for at least an hour for a table while there were many tables open. Wasnt a particularly busy evening (even for a saturday). Food was good and restaurant was convenient (we were staying at the Marriott). Very slow service - next time we would be Better off walking a few blocks and finding another place to eat.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2013Don't be put off by the fact that this is in the building of the Marriot Hotel near the convention center - very cool interior design, creative menu (carpaccio and pork belly apps were both great). Also, there is a seperate bar next to it called Crush - I did not go in, but also the decor looked great.Special Features:
- Went for Restaurant Week withChrisLDined on 8/2/2013Went for Restaurant Week with a group of eight. Attentive service, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out in HartfordOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2013My husband and I enjoyed our night out at Vivos. The food was superb. Service had a personal touch, the wait staff had a smile at very turn...even on the way out. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will come again and recomend Vivo to others. Job wel done! Mary MalesSpecial Features:
- We dined last Thursday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2013We dined last Thursday night and although the food was good our wait time for our food was horrific. We were there for over two hrs. There was 20 minutes between each course. Not only that our waiter constantly complained about the management and wouldn't take any ownership to the wait . Relating to the drinks, I ordered a cosmopolitan and received straight vodka, it took 20 min to get a bottle of wine for our table and my husbands beer was $10? So disappointed and not sure we would go back. Beautiful restaurant and good food.
- Very good service and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013Very good service and very good food! Went for Hartford Restaurant Week, best deal out there to get Vivo at only $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIVO is very good.JLSONEDined on 7/30/2013VIVO is a very fine dining experience in the Hartford area. The food was very good but service was a little slow due to volume. It is convenient for convention goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivosAlanDined on 7/29/2013A bit too noisy. The hardwood floors, tall ceilings, & flat walls generate quite an echo making it hard to hear people at you table. The makes the dining experience less enjoyable. The food and service were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressedDarcyDined on 7/24/2013We came for Taste of Hartford with our kids. I picked the restaurant based on the menu. Our dinners were good, but nothing to write home about. I do wish our server would have been truthful about her lack of wine knowledge-she described a wine and when we tasted it, it was the exact opposite. I also asked her for any other bread than the olive loaf that they served, for my kids. She said sorry, that's all they had. Yet, when my husband asked for a second basket, the bread was all raison. Confidence when serving is necessary, but back it up with knowledge!Special Features:
- Taste of Hartford 2013DuckylouDined on 7/23/2013This is our third Taste of Hartford and every time we make reservations at VIVO. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was relaxing. My favorite part of the meal was the risotto, and it was perfect again this visit. I highly recommend this restaurant to all of my friends in Hartford and look forward to the next Taste of Hartford!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value = Benefits / Price ...MichaelVIPDined on 5/2/2013The denominator on this restaurant simply doesn't work. The prices are too high and are a function of the convenience factor for guests in the hotel. There are many other restaurants in the downtown area that offer equal or better food, are more dynamic and fun and therefore offer greater value.
- Pricey but not extra specialdineHartfordDined on 5/1/2013While the food was certainly tasty, it wasn't fantastic or uniquely special. No vegetarian entrees on the menu, and when asked, we got the usual response: pasta primavera. A fine restaurant should be able to come up with a couple of vegetarian options a bit more extravagent than steamed veggies over pasta.
- A little pricey but food wassharonaDined on 3/28/2013A little pricey but food was excellent and service was greatSpecial Features:
- The best scallop entree I'vesublimeX4meVIPDined on 2/28/2013The best scallop entree I've ever had!!! That was the only thing I ordered so I can't comment on anything else. Loved it.Special Features:
- Kitchen was really slow thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013Kitchen was really slow that night, a Monday, but the waiter was very good but nothing could correct the speed it came out at.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Went here for Valentine's Day. As there was a special Valentine's menu, I called ahead specifically to ask if the regular menu would be available, they said yes. When requesting it at our table, we were told it was unavailable--only the bar menu was available. The service was terrible. The hostess ignored us when we arrived, told us it would "be a while" despite having reservations, and pointed us to our table. The server largely ignored us. We ordered a bottle of wine (a 2nd choice as the first we ordered was unavailable) and no one ever came by to refill our glasses. The bread with spreads was bland. The french onion soup was very good. Took an hour for our entrees to arrive and were just average. We didn't stick around for dessert.
- We went on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentine's Day (probably not the best day to judge a restaurant for the first time). However, they weren't busy, the food was not terrible but most definitely not worth the money. We were forgotten about for 40 minutes after our entrees were cleared before we finally got up and walked to the hostess to inform her. We are both in the restaurant business as well and I will say the manager and other staff (Beverley I believe) were friendly and handled it well. We will not return.Special Features:
- I went to Vivo for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I went to Vivo for Valentine's Day 2013. The food was delicious and the prices were appropriate. Vivo has a very romantic feel- low lighting and cozy seating. The staff was friendly and attentive. I had the filet mignon; it was definitely delicious. I also had a scallop and truffle potato appetizer. I will definitely go back to Vivo!Special Features: