201-10 Cross Island Pkwy
Bayside, NY 11360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vivaldiny.com/
- Phone: (718) 352-2300
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday:11:30am-3:00pm and. 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vivaldi
Vivaldi's Italian/Mediterranean inspired menu offers a delicious selection of daily made pastas, fresh fish, shellfish, Prime aged meats, and free-range chicken. All are prepared to perfection. Enjoy the sumptuous flavors, impeccable service and hospitality in a setting of luxury and relaxation. Vivaldi's Executive Chef believes in providing his guests with only the highest quality ingredients that will never compromise the integrity of the dish and will bring enjoyment to the palates of discerning patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivaldi - Best Restaurants in Bayside ›
Vivaldi reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (56)fit for foodies (50)romantic (47)good for groups (43)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (36)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (21)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)Show More
- Loud, some over cooked food, but overall greatcaroleecarolieDined on 11/15/2014My family and I celebrated my aunts birthday here. The staff was very accommodating to us when 1/2 of the party was late due to traffic. The wine selections were great, we were even offered a more expensive bottle when our cheaper selection was no longer available. Unfortunately, one of our diners food was over cooked. After notifying the waiter, we were comped for dessert. My only other complaint was that the music was too loud, which made it difficult to have a conversation. I think our table was directly under a speaker. We didnt say something, but I imagine if we did, they would have adjusted it for us. I would definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Total disappointment. The dinning room is setup like a big cafeteria hall. The shrimp was big but tasteless. The chicken parmasean was poorly cook - chicken was over fried and the linguini was tough too eat. A regular pizza place would do better Italian dishes than this high - end restaurant.
- LennyVIPDined on 11/11/2014had heard good news about the new rerstaurant located off the the golf course......food was very good and service was equally good........looks like the new owners will make it a good go here........plenty of choices on menu including nightly specials and pre fixe......recommend and think you will enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureJudiVIPDined on 11/9/2014Sweet waitress but very slow. Did not ask for drink orders till we asked. Restaurant out of several menu items although only 4 tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy MeHappyMeDined on 11/8/2014This is a restaurant that we have frequented many times, even under different names. This time was such a disappointment. First I was almost knocked over by a busboy not paying attention to where he was going. Our usual waiter was on the tables next to us so a nice younger waiter served us. He tried, really he did. But the drinks were not up to par. When I mentioned that the drink did not look right, he brought it back to the bartender and she said "I made it correctly." NOT SO. It was "ok" but not good. There was tension in the entire restaurant and it was palpable. What the heck!! I don't need that kind of an atmosphere when we are celebrating a nice anniversary. Happy Me was NOT.
- Very impressedjimzVIPDined on 11/8/2014I’m a big believer in the total experience, this place nailed that. The staff was especially friendly and knowledgeable, the food along with the presentation was excellent, and the restaurant itself was beautiful. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/29/2014Excellent variety for Queens Restaurant week. Half price wine bottles on Weds., who knew?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in baysideGoodfella522Dined on 10/26/2014Rice krispie encrusted brioche French toast with bananas and vanilla gelato...that's all I'm gonna say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinwithmeDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went out for our 29th Anniversary. The food and service were excellent. The scallops and beet salad were better than other places we have been to. The Tiramisu was surrounded by a chocolate coating and it was out of this world. Since there are parties upstairs you can hear the guests walking or dancing. The only problem was that people were smoking at the entrance of the restuarant, so as we walked in and walked out we had to breath in smoke. Otherwise I would recommend this restuarant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood UpscaleUSCMomDined on 10/25/2014Very nice restaurant if you want to treat yourself to an upscale night out featuring good food and excellent service. Presentation is wonderful. Great date night atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHiddendelightsDined on 10/24/2014I loved the space and the food. It was authentic, tasty and nice. The staff was awesome and friendly. I just wish the music, as good as it was, was not so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphere!ElizabethDined on 10/23/2014From the fried artichoke hearts to the creative desserts - absolutely fabulous dining experience! This was the third set of friends I've brought to Vivaldi's and returning this week. Each time I've dined at Vivaldi's I try something new. Hats off to the chef! This time we selected wine from their collection and we really enjoyed it. First time dining on a Thursday evening and found there was a great singer and musician. On a prior visit we enjoyed the brunch very much.Special Features:
- Viva Vivaldi!!fulfilledDined on 10/19/2014What can I possibly say, other than I wish I could frequent Vivaldi more often. It always has so much to offer. Our host, Bill, is the exception to the rule....so inviting...so friendly...caters to your every whim no matter what. Love this place and looking forward to its extensive wine fare and the food selections are above and beyond...thank you Vivaldi for making the best memories for me!Special Features:
- Vivaldi; Queens Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Vivaldi has been open a little over a year now. Finally an upscale restaurant in western Queens. Great Food, Great Drinks, Excellent Service, Emily at the bar is the best! The wait staff are so good I single anyone out as it wouldn't be fair. This comes as of really good managenment. They are friendly and make you feel like family. Thank you Vivaldi, Just what Queens needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongSuperMercadoDined on 10/18/2014First as Cafe on the Green, then as Valentinos, and now as Vivaldis, this spot has always been a great place to go have a great meal, with great service. My wife and I were married there 10 years ago, and we enjoy every chance we get to go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed VivaldiTheDiningDivaVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was interesting and very good. The service was lovely, friendly and personal. We will return!Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere terrible foodNYCgalDined on 10/15/2014Watery soup started off the meal followed by overcooked fishy fish. Felt like a throwback to bad college or hospital food. Ended the meal with an apple tart that was more like Quaker instant apple oatmeal. Service was not good at all. We will not be back. I doubt this place will last long either!
- completely enjoyableluv2mangiaDined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere is beautiful, warm and inviting. The staff is friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. We have enjoyed several family functions and romantic dinners at this neighborhood treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014We took our friends here for dinner who can be picky eaters. First we asked to be seated in the bar area and it was a bit noisy, the hostess re-seated us with no questions asked and no problems. Our friends had problems deciding what to eat from the menu as they thought everything looked delicious. Everyone loved their food and there wasn't a plate full at the end of dinner. The staff at Vivaldi were wonderful!Special Features:
- Stumbled accross this winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Looking for a place to eat in the neighborhood, stumbled accross Vivaldi for dinner and was very pleasantly surprised. Very pretty place with excellent food. Live music at the bar, with a quieter dining room. Overall excellent and recommend for a nice evening out or romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014The whole dining experience was exactly as it should be...memorable. I knew I was going to be delighted with the food when the waiter informed us there was no Tuna Tartar because the chef refused delivery of the tuna that day because it did not meet his standards. Thank heaven for the chef. The stuffed filet of sole with crab meat and shrimp was delicious and the chocolate cake...what can I say.....mmmmm good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DelightDisappointedDined on 10/5/2014A great venue for Brunch. A picturesque site because of the view of the Throg's Neck Bridge. Don't only go for Bruch,but go for dinner and special occasions.You will be pleased and pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodFoodcriticnyc8Dined on 10/4/2014Amazing good and beyond exceptional service. Highly recommend for any dining occasion.. They also have catering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMariaDined on 10/2/2014Great atmosphere, great food and great staff. Would definitely come back again! Delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peju!sizzleVIPDined on 9/30/2014was (unfortunately) very late for dinner, AND our reservation. missed the wine dinner they had that night that i wanted to try. had a great table, friendly and great service, and delicious food and the peju bottle (red). everything was so good and their panna cotta really hit the spot. i cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014They were very accommodating as we were not able to get there in time. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was delicious and presented nicely. Desert was outstanding.Special Features:
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 9/20/2014Vivaldi has it all ... a great location, parking, beautiful restaurant, great views, history, wonderful staff and gourmet food. What else can you ask for..just go and enjoy a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Always FabulousFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have made this place one of our biweekly restaurants. It's always excellent food, and the people who run this place make you feel welcomed each and every time. Worth a visit. You'll be hooked.Special Features:
- SuperbverypickyeaterDined on 9/18/2014From start to finish it was a fabulous dining experience. The service was by far the best, our waiter made wonderful suggestions and he was right on the mark. We would return in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded My ExpectationsJennDined on 9/18/2014This was our first dining experience at Vivaldi's and it was enjoyable from beginning to end. Our server was friendly and efficient. The grilled octopus was delicious--so tender and flavorful. My husband ordered the veal parmigiano and I ordered the bone-in rib eye--both were delicious. Our side dish of crispy brussels sprouts was wonderful. The portions are so generous that we had to take half of them home. The food and wine along with the excellent service and ambiance made for such a satisfying dining experience that we're sure to return to Vivaldi again.Special Features:
- Great BrunchduncanDined on 9/14/2014Food and service were both excellent. I'm certain to visit again for either a brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingParceroDined on 9/12/2014The new management has taken the food and service to the next level. Grilled octopus and baked clams were fantastic - best we've ever had. Grilled rib eye was very good but a bit on the thin side. Sliced skirt steak was a bit dry but tasty. Homemade pastries, including rainbow cookies, were delicious. And, the best mojitos north of Miami. Service was excellent. Friendly and attentive with great recommendations.Special Features:
- Even for a Spontaneous DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014Last minute decision for dinner to celebrate my bday, booked via Opentable even though wife and I were not overly hungry. Had cocktails, appetizers, and pasta dishes. Linguine and white clam sauce was excellent with just the right amount of garlic. Spaghetti and meatballs were outstanding. Meatballs so succulent and delicious. Service perfectly attentive. Fabulous ending to a nice day. Special occasion or not, a nice place to enjoy a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food and service was good. Truly enjoyed the night. Bill Pappas is an excellent hostSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDiningdivaDined on 9/2/2014First visit to Vivaldi based on recommendation from a family member. It was great. Varied and attractive menu, food was delicious and plate presentation asethically pleasing. Our waiter George was a REAL waiter. Helpful on choices and conversant with menu. Ambiance was quiet, but energized and service was excellent. Grown up dining,,. A real gem on the Cross Island Parkway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningToodlesDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent,and the staff was efficient,helpful and friendly.We really enjoyed our didning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch and was not disappointed. Good and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful spotShanaMaidelVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was excellent. The maitre d' and his staff make you feel very welcome and appreciate your patronage. And the food is way above good. But if a high price is charged, the value should be there. Ordered the lobster roll ($19) with about 3 ounces of actual lobster meat. Good thing there was no filler in that! Charge a high price and give a fair (4 - 6 oz. portion). Brioche French toast and frittata were HUGE and a great value. The homemade ice creams and sorbets were definitely worth the calories. The cheddar cheese scones served at brunch make it very difficult to say "no". A truly lovely experience. Overall, I would like to give Vivaldi a 10, but with the undersized portion, it has to be an 8.Special Features:
- Even if you're not that hungryFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wife and I wanted to go out to start the Labor Day weekend. We weren't really that hungry, but still went to Vivaldi's. We had a drink, shared some appetizers, and had a pasta dish. All delicious and we left feeling satisfied knowing we made the right choice of place and dishes. This is a wonderful place to eat. The service is attentively outstanding. If you've been here you know that. If not, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Whitestone restaurantPennyDined on 8/29/2014Lovely dinner! We had the lamb chops and the filet mignon, both were cooked to perfection. There is an outdoor dining patio which looks very inviting, and we will try that the next time we go. The dining room itself is beautiful and the tables are very well spaced. The staff couldn’t have been nicer: friendly and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.