201-10 Cross Island Pkwy
Bayside, NY 11360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vivaldiny.com/
- Phone: 718 352 2300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday:11:30am-3:00pm and. 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vivaldi
Vivaldi's Italian/Mediterranean inspired menu offers a delicious selection of daily made pastas, fresh fish, shellfish, Prime aged meats, and free-range chicken. All are prepared to perfection. Enjoy the sumptuous flavors, impeccable service and hospitality in a setting of luxury and relaxation. Vivaldi's Executive Chef believes in providing his guests with only the highest quality ingredients that will never compromise the integrity of the dish and will bring enjoyment to the palates of discerning patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivaldi - Best Restaurants in Bayside ›
Vivaldi reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (42)scenic view (34)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (31)romantic (27)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (16)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great BrunchduncanDined on 9/14/2014Food and service were both excellent. I'm certain to visit again for either a brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingParceroDined on 9/12/2014The new management has taken the food and service to the next level. Grilled octopus and baked clams were fantastic - best we've ever had. Grilled rib eye was very good but a bit on the thin side. Sliced skirt steak was a bit dry but tasty. Homemade pastries, including rainbow cookies, were delicious. And, the best mojitos north of Miami. Service was excellent. Friendly and attentive with great recommendations.Special Features:
- Even for a Spontaneous DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014Last minute decision for dinner to celebrate my bday, booked via Opentable even though wife and I were not overly hungry. Had cocktails, appetizers, and pasta dishes. Linguine and white clam sauce was excellent with just the right amount of garlic. Spaghetti and meatballs were outstanding. Meatballs so succulent and delicious. Service perfectly attentive. Fabulous ending to a nice day. Special occasion or not, a nice place to enjoy a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food and service was good. Truly enjoyed the night. Bill Pappas is an excellent hostSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDiningdivaDined on 9/2/2014First visit to Vivaldi based on recommendation from a family member. It was great. Varied and attractive menu, food was delicious and plate presentation asethically pleasing. Our waiter George was a REAL waiter. Helpful on choices and conversant with menu. Ambiance was quiet, but energized and service was excellent. Grown up dining,,. A real gem on the Cross Island Parkway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningToodlesDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent,and the staff was efficient,helpful and friendly.We really enjoyed our didning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch and was not disappointed. Good and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful spotShanaMaidelVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was excellent. The maitre d' and his staff make you feel very welcome and appreciate your patronage. And the food is way above good. But if a high price is charged, the value should be there. Ordered the lobster roll ($19) with about 3 ounces of actual lobster meat. Good thing there was no filler in that! Charge a high price and give a fair (4 - 6 oz. portion). Brioche French toast and frittata were HUGE and a great value. The homemade ice creams and sorbets were definitely worth the calories. The cheddar cheese scones served at brunch make it very difficult to say "no". A truly lovely experience. Overall, I would like to give Vivaldi a 10, but with the undersized portion, it has to be an 8.Special Features:
- Even if you're not that hungryFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wife and I wanted to go out to start the Labor Day weekend. We weren't really that hungry, but still went to Vivaldi's. We had a drink, shared some appetizers, and had a pasta dish. All delicious and we left feeling satisfied knowing we made the right choice of place and dishes. This is a wonderful place to eat. The service is attentively outstanding. If you've been here you know that. If not, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Whitestone restaurantPennyDined on 8/29/2014Lovely dinner! We had the lamb chops and the filet mignon, both were cooked to perfection. There is an outdoor dining patio which looks very inviting, and we will try that the next time we go. The dining room itself is beautiful and the tables are very well spaced. The staff couldn’t have been nicer: friendly and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegefoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This is a very pretty restaurant where the staff is more than eager to ensure that your dining experience is wonderful. I met a girlfriend there and we sat for an extended period of time. We never felt rushed and the staff was always there if we wanted anything. Very attentive! We had a fabulous lobster salad which I can't wait to go back and order again. The pasta main course was perfectly done and very tasty. My only criticism would be that there is a little too much fried food on the menu. I prefer healthier preparations. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would be happy to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrecoRomanDined on 8/17/2014We used to dine here years ago when it was Cafe on the Greeen. The restaraunt has been beautifully renovated with an elegant ambiance. The outdoor space is beautiful, spacious and so very romantic! There is also a private gazeebo for dining that requires no reservation. First come first serve. The food is outstanding. For starters we ordered baked clams. May I add that we are very particular about our baked clams and these by far were the best we have had. The crab balls were spectacular. For Main course we had the veal chop, grilled shrimp and fetuccine Alfredo. I don't think we spoke much during our meal because we were overwhelmed with it's deliciousness! The dessert? One word.. Bobolini...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environment and food!Sip1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall experience was great! Servers well nice, but service could be a bit more attentive! We got breads and olive oil, but no plate to pour the oil for dipping the bread. Steak came with one side, but the manager to ask us until I asked him right before the entrée came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightfrequentdiner4uDined on 8/16/2014Went to Vivaldi on a Saturday night. This place has had several owners over the last 5 years. By far these people have gotten it right. The food was spectacular. We had fish and it was probably one of the best bronzinos we ever had. The waiter couldn't do enough for us. Added plus the ambiance it looks like an upscale midtown restaurant and they have valet parking. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great scenic viewSheepDined on 8/14/2014Overlooking the green of a golf cours with outdoor dining is the best ambience and comfortable view. Service was very good from the server to bus boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of brunch/lunch optionsLove2eatDined on 8/10/2014We came here for group brunch and there were 8 of us and 3 kids. Spacious dining area, good for groups. Service was good and attentive. Extensive brunch menu - eggs benedicts, steak and eggs, French toast, lobster omelette, lobster roll, linguine with white clams, etc. We ordered the calamari to share (good size portion), and the grill octopus was soooo good! Tender and juicy! Will def come backSpecial Features:
- DebbieDined on 8/9/2014The outdoor dining was wonderful.. The service was very slow and the waiters had no idea how was getting what when they were serving. The food was just ok. not really special. Chicken Marsala had a funny tasting sauceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014One of the best neighborhood places in Bayside. The make a great rack of lamb! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the patio is a great place for cocktail hour!Special Features:
- TomYDined on 8/2/2014asked for Angel Hair pasta with our Chickem Parm. Received a pound of pasta with two Chicken Parm paties that looked and tasted like they came from the frozen food aisle.
- beautiful restaurantsizzleVIPDined on 7/29/2014small, simple, classy. the mosquitos are obscenely vicious. but the food is very nice, and the service is excellent! will try to come back!Special Features:
- Service needs helpRickVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went with friends for lunch. Not many people in restaurant. Service was extremely slow and hard to make eye contact with the waiters who seemed to stare into space. Also, the ac wasn't working properly and we asked about it and received no comment and continued long stares. Food was decent - service needs attentionSpecial Features:
- annaDined on 7/19/2014Overall food and quality is very good, Dining staff spectacular . Portions for salad and fish was smallest amount of food. Wine was very very good and inexpensive with a 50% off. When there is an affair upstairs it is crowed and noisy otherwise ambiance is perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annmarieVIPDined on 7/18/2014lovely backyard and good food would love to go back again. The service was friendlySpecial Features:
- Stolen afternoon of fine diningMyGoToDined on 7/8/2014Food is fabulous! I have tried at least 10 entrees and appetizers to date - and all were outstanding! Attentive but not interfering service, excellent wines, comfortable table spacing, responsive chef, welcoming warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very interesting menu that covers a variety of foods. My table went pasta for main courses. All fishes were tasty and good portions. Great service. The hostess Loretta is friendly and accommodating. You will have a good time here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this one is a winnermoodiefoodieDined on 7/3/2014We had a great time dining at Vivaldi ...it was a birthday celebration...about time there is a beautiful place to dine in WhitestoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely graduation dinneremilijalinDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of 7 gathered to celebrate my son's graduation. Everyone was welcoming and friendly without being intrusive. We ordered a variety of appetizers, good lobster bisque, crunchy fried artichoke hearts, meatballs, and all were exclaimed over. For the entree, several people had the skirt steak and it was very good. I had pappardelle with meat sauce, delicious. The salmon was also very good. Everyone wanted to try dessert even though we were full. I had the chocolate semi-freddo and it was a winner. The Italian cheesecake was another winner. Although we were inside, the patio looked lovely and appealing. Overall, it was a memorable evening in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice.NewYorkLuVIPDined on 6/18/2014I have been in this restaurant building over the years as it went from Café of the Green to Valentino's and now Vivaldi. I think this is the best yet. The menu is sufficiently varied and well priced. The bronzino was delicious, as was the fried calamari. The seating is comfortable and the staff is very attentive. Aside from the wait staff, the manager came over several times to check to see if all was okay and offered us homemade Lemoncello at the end of the meal. All in all a great evening and dining experience. If in the area, you must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdayoperalover212VIPDined on 6/17/2014I treated my friend to a dinner here and she loved it! The service was very good along with the food. We never felt rushed and the ambiance was superb.Special Features:
- Loved ItFoodie123Dined on 6/15/2014I had not been back to this place since it was Cafe on the Green, which I loved.... I came in last week for a networking event and I was impressed by what I saw. So I decided to bring my family for Father's Day brunch. Our experience was fantastic! The food was excellent. The waitstaff was very attentive and the place was beautiful. I will definitely be back. I can't wait to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivaldi is "Bellissima"MickiDined on 6/15/2014I wanted to be certain that we would be seated outdoors. I called the restaurant, explained that we were entertaining my soon to be 99 year old Dad and wanted a nice table in the outdoor section. Much to our surprise they seated us among the beautiful flowers and trees in their Gazebo. My Dad fell in love with the place immediately. He not only enjoyed the Pre-Fixed Luncheon consisting of delicious appetizers; Shrimp Cocktail, Calamari Fritti, Meatballs. The fine service was devine. When they didn't have the liquor he requested, the waiter took it upon himself to bring him a sampling of one his own father enjoyed. He loved it! The rest of the luncheon was delizioso, as well. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Really nice place with fine food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/11/2014What a great place! Beautifully decorated and the food and drinks were outstanding. Can't wait to go back and bring friends.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014I love this place. My only complaint? The bar should be bigger. There are only about 5 chairs.Special Features:
- 3rd time's a charm...ijs4VIPDined on 6/4/2014we used to go to caffe on the green several times a year. then ownership and overall experience changed for us and we stopped going. now we're b-a-a-a-c-k! had a few excellent dishes and even got lucky with a wednesday night 1/2 price deal on bottle of wine. and, btw, it was our anniversary and the waitstaff (mark anthony) treated us great!Special Features:
- Enchanting eveningBigAppleEdVIPDined on 5/29/2014By far the most enchanting place in Queens. Romantic, sexy with great ambiance. The staff is wonderful very attentive and provide a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Vivaldi reviews archive.
- Pleasantly SurprisedLillethVIPDined on 5/21/2014I took my best friend here for lunch to celebrate her birthday. I was very impressed by the decor and awesome view. It was relatively empty being a Wednesday but the staff was attentive and friendly. The food was very well prepared and presented. The manager went around greeting the guests. I want to return for date night with my husband and my best friend will be returning for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceFoodieDined on 5/18/2014More of a party place than a restaurant! All their attention was on the private events even though there was enough people for the guest that they had on the floor! Food took forever to come!
- Vivaldi's made my Day special.gigi4lunchDined on 5/11/2014My daughter is 13 years old and has just discovered oyster's. Your raw bar at the Mother's Day brunch was perfect. She had her fill of seafood and the rest of our party ate from the wonderful buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty placepamelaDined on 5/4/2014The brunch menu had a lot of nice choices. We were all happy with our meals...they weren't outstanding, but they were okay. I wish, considering they're on a golf course, that there was a view of some kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.