201-10 Cross Island Pkwy
Bayside, NY 11360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vivaldiny.com/
- Phone: 718 352 2300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday:11:30am-3:00pm and. 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am-3:00pm and 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vivaldi
Vivaldi's Italian/Mediterranean inspired menu offers a delicious selection of daily made pastas, fresh fish, shellfish, Prime aged meats, and free-range chicken. All are prepared to perfection. Enjoy the sumptuous flavors, impeccable service and hospitality in a setting of luxury and relaxation. Vivaldi's Executive Chef believes in providing his guests with only the highest quality ingredients that will never compromise the integrity of the dish and will bring enjoyment to the palates of discerning patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Vivaldi - Best Restaurants in Bayside ›
Vivaldi reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (42)scenic view (40)romantic (39)good for groups (37)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Excellent food and atmosphere!ElizabethDined on 10/23/2014From the fried artichoke hearts to the creative desserts - absolutely fabulous dining experience! This was the third set of friends I've brought to Vivaldi's and returning this week. Each time I've dined at Vivaldi's I try something new. Hats off to the chef! This time we selected wine from their collection and we really enjoyed it. First time dining on a Thursday evening and found there was a great singer and musician. On a prior visit we enjoyed the brunch very much.Special Features:
- Viva Vivaldi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014What can I possibly say, other than I wish I could frequent Vivaldi more often. It always has so much to offer. Our host, Bill, is the exception to the rule....so inviting...so friendly...caters to your every whim no matter what. Love this place and looking forward to its extensive wine fare and the food selections are above and beyond...thank you Vivaldi for making the best memories for me!Special Features:
- Vivaldi; Queens Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Vivaldi has been open a little over a year now. Finally an upscale restaurant in western Queens. Great Food, Great Drinks, Excellent Service, Emily at the bar is the best! The wait staff are so good I single anyone out as it wouldn't be fair. This comes as of really good managenment. They are friendly and make you feel like family. Thank you Vivaldi, Just what Queens needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongSuperMercadoDined on 10/18/2014First as Cafe on the Green, then as Valentinos, and now as Vivaldis, this spot has always been a great place to go have a great meal, with great service. My wife and I were married there 10 years ago, and we enjoy every chance we get to go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed VivaldiTheDiningDivaVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was interesting and very good. The service was lovely, friendly and personal. We will return!Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere terrible foodNYCgalDined on 10/15/2014Watery soup started off the meal followed by overcooked fishy fish. Felt like a throwback to bad college or hospital food. Ended the meal with an apple tart that was more like Quaker instant apple oatmeal. Service was not good at all. We will not be back. I doubt this place will last long either!
- completely enjoyableluv2mangiaDined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere is beautiful, warm and inviting. The staff is friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. We have enjoyed several family functions and romantic dinners at this neighborhood treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014We took our friends here for dinner who can be picky eaters. First we asked to be seated in the bar area and it was a bit noisy, the hostess re-seated us with no questions asked and no problems. Our friends had problems deciding what to eat from the menu as they thought everything looked delicious. Everyone loved their food and there wasn't a plate full at the end of dinner. The staff at Vivaldi were wonderful!Special Features:
- Stumbled accross this winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Looking for a place to eat in the neighborhood, stumbled accross Vivaldi for dinner and was very pleasantly surprised. Very pretty place with excellent food. Live music at the bar, with a quieter dining room. Overall excellent and recommend for a nice evening out or romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014The whole dining experience was exactly as it should be...memorable. I knew I was going to be delighted with the food when the waiter informed us there was no Tuna Tartar because the chef refused delivery of the tuna that day because it did not meet his standards. Thank heaven for the chef. The stuffed filet of sole with crab meat and shrimp was delicious and the chocolate cake...what can I say.....mmmmm good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DelightDisappointedDined on 10/5/2014A great venue for Brunch. A picturesque site because of the view of the Throg's Neck Bridge. Don't only go for Bruch,but go for dinner and special occasions.You will be pleased and pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodFoodcriticnyc8Dined on 10/4/2014Amazing good and beyond exceptional service. Highly recommend for any dining occasion.. They also have catering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMariaDined on 10/2/2014Great atmosphere, great food and great staff. Would definitely come back again! Delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peju!sizzleVIPDined on 9/30/2014was (unfortunately) very late for dinner, AND our reservation. missed the wine dinner they had that night that i wanted to try. had a great table, friendly and great service, and delicious food and the peju bottle (red). everything was so good and their panna cotta really hit the spot. i cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014They were very accommodating as we were not able to get there in time. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was delicious and presented nicely. Desert was outstanding.Special Features:
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 9/20/2014Vivaldi has it all ... a great location, parking, beautiful restaurant, great views, history, wonderful staff and gourmet food. What else can you ask for..just go and enjoy a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Always FabulousFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have made this place one of our biweekly restaurants. It's always excellent food, and the people who run this place make you feel welcomed each and every time. Worth a visit. You'll be hooked.Special Features:
- SuperbverypickyeaterDined on 9/18/2014From start to finish it was a fabulous dining experience. The service was by far the best, our waiter made wonderful suggestions and he was right on the mark. We would return in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded My ExpectationsJennDined on 9/18/2014This was our first dining experience at Vivaldi's and it was enjoyable from beginning to end. Our server was friendly and efficient. The grilled octopus was delicious--so tender and flavorful. My husband ordered the veal parmigiano and I ordered the bone-in rib eye--both were delicious. Our side dish of crispy brussels sprouts was wonderful. The portions are so generous that we had to take half of them home. The food and wine along with the excellent service and ambiance made for such a satisfying dining experience that we're sure to return to Vivaldi again.Special Features:
- Great BrunchduncanDined on 9/14/2014Food and service were both excellent. I'm certain to visit again for either a brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingParceroDined on 9/12/2014The new management has taken the food and service to the next level. Grilled octopus and baked clams were fantastic - best we've ever had. Grilled rib eye was very good but a bit on the thin side. Sliced skirt steak was a bit dry but tasty. Homemade pastries, including rainbow cookies, were delicious. And, the best mojitos north of Miami. Service was excellent. Friendly and attentive with great recommendations.Special Features:
- Even for a Spontaneous DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014Last minute decision for dinner to celebrate my bday, booked via Opentable even though wife and I were not overly hungry. Had cocktails, appetizers, and pasta dishes. Linguine and white clam sauce was excellent with just the right amount of garlic. Spaghetti and meatballs were outstanding. Meatballs so succulent and delicious. Service perfectly attentive. Fabulous ending to a nice day. Special occasion or not, a nice place to enjoy a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food and service was good. Truly enjoyed the night. Bill Pappas is an excellent hostSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDiningdivaDined on 9/2/2014First visit to Vivaldi based on recommendation from a family member. It was great. Varied and attractive menu, food was delicious and plate presentation asethically pleasing. Our waiter George was a REAL waiter. Helpful on choices and conversant with menu. Ambiance was quiet, but energized and service was excellent. Grown up dining,,. A real gem on the Cross Island Parkway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningToodlesDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent,and the staff was efficient,helpful and friendly.We really enjoyed our didning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch and was not disappointed. Good and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful spotShanaMaidelVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was excellent. The maitre d' and his staff make you feel very welcome and appreciate your patronage. And the food is way above good. But if a high price is charged, the value should be there. Ordered the lobster roll ($19) with about 3 ounces of actual lobster meat. Good thing there was no filler in that! Charge a high price and give a fair (4 - 6 oz. portion). Brioche French toast and frittata were HUGE and a great value. The homemade ice creams and sorbets were definitely worth the calories. The cheddar cheese scones served at brunch make it very difficult to say "no". A truly lovely experience. Overall, I would like to give Vivaldi a 10, but with the undersized portion, it has to be an 8.Special Features:
- Even if you're not that hungryFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wife and I wanted to go out to start the Labor Day weekend. We weren't really that hungry, but still went to Vivaldi's. We had a drink, shared some appetizers, and had a pasta dish. All delicious and we left feeling satisfied knowing we made the right choice of place and dishes. This is a wonderful place to eat. The service is attentively outstanding. If you've been here you know that. If not, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Whitestone restaurantPennyDined on 8/29/2014Lovely dinner! We had the lamb chops and the filet mignon, both were cooked to perfection. There is an outdoor dining patio which looks very inviting, and we will try that the next time we go. The dining room itself is beautiful and the tables are very well spaced. The staff couldn’t have been nicer: friendly and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegefoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This is a very pretty restaurant where the staff is more than eager to ensure that your dining experience is wonderful. I met a girlfriend there and we sat for an extended period of time. We never felt rushed and the staff was always there if we wanted anything. Very attentive! We had a fabulous lobster salad which I can't wait to go back and order again. The pasta main course was perfectly done and very tasty. My only criticism would be that there is a little too much fried food on the menu. I prefer healthier preparations. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would be happy to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrecoRomanDined on 8/17/2014We used to dine here years ago when it was Cafe on the Greeen. The restaraunt has been beautifully renovated with an elegant ambiance. The outdoor space is beautiful, spacious and so very romantic! There is also a private gazeebo for dining that requires no reservation. First come first serve. The food is outstanding. For starters we ordered baked clams. May I add that we are very particular about our baked clams and these by far were the best we have had. The crab balls were spectacular. For Main course we had the veal chop, grilled shrimp and fetuccine Alfredo. I don't think we spoke much during our meal because we were overwhelmed with it's deliciousness! The dessert? One word.. Bobolini...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environment and food!Sip1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall experience was great! Servers well nice, but service could be a bit more attentive! We got breads and olive oil, but no plate to pour the oil for dipping the bread. Steak came with one side, but the manager to ask us until I asked him right before the entrée came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightfrequentdiner4uDined on 8/16/2014Went to Vivaldi on a Saturday night. This place has had several owners over the last 5 years. By far these people have gotten it right. The food was spectacular. We had fish and it was probably one of the best bronzinos we ever had. The waiter couldn't do enough for us. Added plus the ambiance it looks like an upscale midtown restaurant and they have valet parking. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great scenic viewSheepDined on 8/14/2014Overlooking the green of a golf cours with outdoor dining is the best ambience and comfortable view. Service was very good from the server to bus boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of brunch/lunch optionsLove2eatDined on 8/10/2014We came here for group brunch and there were 8 of us and 3 kids. Spacious dining area, good for groups. Service was good and attentive. Extensive brunch menu - eggs benedicts, steak and eggs, French toast, lobster omelette, lobster roll, linguine with white clams, etc. We ordered the calamari to share (good size portion), and the grill octopus was soooo good! Tender and juicy! Will def come backSpecial Features:
- DebbieDined on 8/9/2014The outdoor dining was wonderful.. The service was very slow and the waiters had no idea how was getting what when they were serving. The food was just ok. not really special. Chicken Marsala had a funny tasting sauceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014One of the best neighborhood places in Bayside. The make a great rack of lamb! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the patio is a great place for cocktail hour!Special Features:
- TomYDined on 8/2/2014asked for Angel Hair pasta with our Chickem Parm. Received a pound of pasta with two Chicken Parm paties that looked and tasted like they came from the frozen food aisle.
- beautiful restaurantsizzleVIPDined on 7/29/2014small, simple, classy. the mosquitos are obscenely vicious. but the food is very nice, and the service is excellent! will try to come back!Special Features:
- Service needs helpRickVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went with friends for lunch. Not many people in restaurant. Service was extremely slow and hard to make eye contact with the waiters who seemed to stare into space. Also, the ac wasn't working properly and we asked about it and received no comment and continued long stares. Food was decent - service needs attentionSpecial Features: