6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
494 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (412)special occasion (361)romantic (254)fit for foodies (251)great for lunch (227)great for outdoor dining (208)notable wine list (193)good for groups (163)neighborhood gem (163)hot spot (81)great for brunch (59)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (29)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- One of our favoritesDrBobDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit to the new location to celebrate a birthday. The main dining room, with the fabulous city view, is very noisy, so we requested a quieter location. They seated us in a kind of dining room annex. It was quiet, though not particularly attractive. The pear walnut salad was quite good, and the stuffed shrimp outstanding as always. The sauteed veggies I requested as a substitute for the rice were actually steamed, had no seasoning, and were boring. The bread pudding was fabulous, but obscenely large - maybe a mistake - enough for two good servings.Special Features:
- Good food as always, but noisySueazDined on 8/30/2014Four of us dined at the "new" location, having been at their previous location many times. The food was as good as always, with a very nice selection that would seem to allow those with varying tastes to find a dish that appealed to them. My striped bass, served with a risotto, was melt-in-your-mouth excellent, as was the roasted red pepper soup--both specials of the evening. Our waiter, Candace, was very attentive and had a good sense of humor. Although we were seated at a nice table in a little archway area of the dining room, we still found the noise level to be loud. However, the views, two of us facing the city of Tucson and two of us facing the Santa Catalina Mountains, were a definite plus.Special Features:
- OutstandingTucsonianDined on 8/30/2014This was the first trip to the new location and I loved it. The new restaurant feels more spacious but not too big and the views out all of the windows are fantastic. The food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- A Perfect LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I gotta tell you, I am a vegetarian and often disappointed in my dining out experience. I ordered the Antipasto plate with no meat and sub the goat cheese with fresh parmesan cheese. It was beautiful, the plate was loaded with tasty spinach, aspargagus, olives, bread and much more it was filled with wonderful flavors and very memorable. It didn't hurt that it was only $13.00, and worth every bit of it! The service was friendly and attentive. We left full, relaxed and ready to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lunch on a SaturdayPattyDined on 8/30/2014Have been visiting Vivace for years - whenever I'm in Tucson (from Scottsdale). 3rd time at the new location, and it is beautiful - but the waiter was very disappointing. After saying he'd be right back with cheese for our entree, we never saw him again until he brought the check, at which time we told him we wanted coffee. His apron was F I L T H Y. Where were the fabulous, professional, attentive waiters from the other location? Happy to say, the food is still wonderful!Special Features:
- We Appreciate the Little ThingsPXandFriendsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Vivace was stellar, as always. The service by Felix and crew was on point. We appreciate the fact that not only does he remember things we like (or don't like) but the kitchen is willing to go "off menu" and prepare other things when possible. It says something about a restaurant when so many of the folks that work there have been there for such a long time. The new location has wonderful views. We can't wait for cooler weather so we can explore the patio dining options. Vivace remains one of our go to choices in town when we want excellent food, strong service, and a restaurant with local connections.Special Features:
- Great foodZalbaDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful restaurant definitely going back, they did a special plate when I asked ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relocation Complete/SuccessfuldisappointedDined on 8/29/2014This was our first evening dining at Vivace since the relocation. The wait staff is the same and it was familiar and comfortable to see them again. Their attitude and demeanor was welcoming, accommodating and friendly. The menu was not changed in the move and food quality remained excellent. The views of the Tucson valley and the Catalina Mountains (up close) are notable. The only distraction I would mention is that the acoustics in the main dining area are not good and with nothing on the high, smooth ceilings to dampen sounds. A minor detractor well overcome by the favorable aspects of Vivace. Yet another memorable meal for my wife and I. As a matter of personal policy I do not make recommendations; Vivace could be the exception.Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a good time. Our servers were attentive and helpful at a very busy time for the restaurant. My wife ordered her favorite breaded chicken breast with mashed potatoes and Vivace's great creme-sauce gravy. I had the Hawaiian snapper-marvelous fish entrée with mixed greens salad and Vivace tirimisu for dessert, always a favorite. Thanks, Vivace, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableFoodieinTusDined on 8/29/2014The food is reliable, (lots of butter makes everything better!)well presented, special requests honored and service is attentive. This is a go too restaurant for good food, white table cloths and approachable wine list. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as expected...AzGuyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Vivace's has always been a favorite. It also seems like a nice fit in the new building. The atmosphere is upscale but not pretentious. The service is very good. The food is tasty and beautifully prepared as one would expect knowing the history of Vivace's. I highly recommend the seafood soup and the shrimp and mushroom salad for lunch. The portions are both bountiful and delightful. We left satiated. Vivace's is definitely one of the best restaurants in Tucson. We will return soon. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningalwayshungryDined on 8/28/2014Can't say enough about Vivace. Always dependable, consistently great food and excellent service. Can't wait to go back when the weather is cooler and we can enjoy our meal on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. Everything was exceptional - food, wine, service, views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soufflé rises while service fallsSuffleTodayDined on 8/27/2014I have had the great pleasure to dine at Vivace over it's last 3 ( possibly 60 times in maybe 18-20 years ) incarnations. While St. Phillips was your most intimate setting, the Foothills has the views to kill for. I have salivated exclusively over the soufflé all these years. While I hold Vivace on my premier restaurant of absolute culinary fame category, I must admit that my last two (and so far only two visits to your newest location ) visits were a huge disappointment due to the terrible lack of attentive service ( due to perhaps the size of your new location versus server ratio ). Servers were nice enough,but they were in attentive and one was wearing a filthy apron and was unkempt.While this won't keep me away, I won't bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!foothillsfoodieDined on 8/26/2014We are so thrilled to have Vivace in the neighborhood. We probably dine in the restaurant or take out at least three times a month and always rave about what a marvelous job they do preparing food. Vivace's is clearly one of Tucson's best restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WassDined on 8/26/2014Food and service were great, but the noise level was waaaaayyy too "energetic". Wish there was something you could do about that, as it was hard to carry on any kind of conversation.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableFineWineVIPDined on 8/25/2014Must say we had an incredible time. Our table overlooking the skyline view was perfect. Started with the stuffed mushrooms (Krazy good), the Seafood soup and Artichoke & Goat cheese Canneloin. Both were spectacular. We finished off with their amazing Tiramisu. It was a Birthday dinner, and we were treated like royalty. And on that note, we would like to thank, Athena for her on point service. So attentive without being intrusive. I even offered her a job, that's how impressive she is. A true Gem, with a great outlook!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceDianaLynn070214Dined on 8/23/2014This was a late lunch/early dinner with my 89yr old mother. We arrived at 2:30. Staff were excellent to accommodate in a quiet seating area, and ensure our requests for food were met. Although the beef tenderloin and stuffed shrimp were not on the lunch menu, the staff readily accommodated. The waiter paced our courses well so we could enjoy our visit and dining experience. The new location is beautiful. Restaurant décor is lovely. Overall excellent!Special Features:
- outstandingDTSTVIPDined on 8/23/2014my favorite restaurant in Tucson - spinach souffle was out of this world, as always.Special Features:
- Vivace RestauranthopeDined on 8/22/2014We use to go to Vivace when it was in the previous location. This location definitely has a beautiful view of the city. The ambiance is lovely. The menu lacks a few choices I remember from the old location such as the Veal Marsala which was always one of our favorites. The noise level is quite high and it made it difficult to have a conversation among the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Again!!!ThomAZDined on 8/22/2014Never disappointed when I visit Vivace's. Dan Scordato is the perfect host and this continues to be our favorite Italian Restaurant in Southern AZ! the Food and Service were impeccable and we love the new location! Thank you!Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 8/22/2014Three of us from different starting points converged upon Vivace with healthy noontime appetites. A physician colleague of ours from Scottsdale drove in from the north for his second visit to Tucson's Best Restaurant and picked up the tab for the three of us enjoying striped bass with mixed greens salad (the doc & myself) while our pal, Dave greatly enjoyed the Vivace signature "Fish Soup" in red pepper broth. Lingering over coffee & dessert, we talked shop and research data before, suitably fortified, driving off to help move the doc's daughter into student housing adjacent to the University. Thanks, Vivace for yet another marvelous meal. We'll be back!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never been disappointed.RJM44Dined on 8/22/2014Vivace has always been a favorite restaurant for fine dining and for lunch. The food is exceptional and the service is excellent. Many of the wait staff has been with the restaurant no matter where it has been located. We have never been disappointed when dining at Vivace.Special Features:
- Same great food but...MelloDined on 8/21/2014Vivace serves the best Italian food in Tucson, in fact it's the best food of any restaurant in Tucson. But, the new location is twice the size of the old place impacting service and noise levels. If energetic means loud...it's very energetic. I get the feeling I'm eating my veal piccata in a cafeteria. But it's damn fine veal piccata!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but Too LoudCelebrationDined on 8/21/2014Service couldn't have been any better. Food scrumptious. Cocktails generous. Too bad I had a hoarse voice when I got home from the continuos shouting to have a conversation. The wood floors are nice but allows for too much noise. Large party tables around our 2-top is bad planning. Had no view of the city or mountains. It felt too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch in Every WaySirEatalotDined on 8/21/2014Best restaurant in Tucson. Hostess, bar, wait staff and food were all exceptional. I was so impressed with the aforementioned I forgot to add the spectacular views from almost every table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DavidruDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I selected Vivace to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary, and arrived on time for our 6:30 reservation. Our friends from Hawaii accompanied us to the dinner. We used the complimentary valet parking service, which was wonderful. It was all as advertised and more! Our waiter, Ishvan (spelling?) was attentive without being overbearing; the drinks were superb; the food was excellent, and we enjoyed every minute of our evening! Thanks, Vivace, for a memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- 3rd VisitDianzpianoDined on 8/21/2014The noise level at Vivace's is more than "energetic." It was so loud on an early Thursday evening that we could not hear the couple we were sharing the table with. Something needs to be done to the acoustics and tamping down the excessive sounds. It's a beautiful setting with so-so service. I think they were understaffed. Meal was o.k. but not great.Special Features:
- My new favorite placeSuziDined on 8/21/2014My third time to the NEW Vivace Restaurant, and each time I have been more than happy. I love the atmosphere although it is a little loud, they could use some help in the noise level for those of us who like to actually hold a conversation while dining. The food and service is excellent, and the view can't be beat. Great place for out of town guests, special occasions, or anytime. Make sure you make reservations well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful1starVIPDined on 8/21/2014Amazing service, excellent food, love the new location we'll be back again and againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Always an excellent choice for dining; they leave little to be desired. I do not beleive I have ever been disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnergolfnutDined on 8/20/2014Restaurant is very noisy, we were seated at the window in the smaller part of the restaurant. Service was really good except our waitress had a party of 12 right next to us, a little distracting. Food was excellent as usual. Wine list extensive but they did not have the bottle we ordered and gave us a price reduction on our second choice. complimentary dessert for our special occasion. Best cappuccino anywhere Great experience!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed charming dining as usualHIPPO243VIPDined on 8/20/2014My companion was pleased with the breaded chicken breast, while I spread goat cheese on hot buttered garlic toast and delighted in the Vivace signature antipasto with marvelously steamed spinach. Such a meal! We had a chance to discuss some clinical challenges and computer difficulties before exiting to drive back to my office for a busy afternoon followed by an evening meeting with local hypnotists discussing the complex exigencies of modified psychiatric interventions for acute response to chronic dissociated ego-states in middle-aged women afflicted with grief, anger and anxiety. (And you thought we just came by for lunch, hmmm?) We are chronic patrons due to your continuing excellence. Roxanna was enthusiastic and Neal was charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. I wanted to be near Skyline Drive, north of Tucson proper and near our hotel. I was delighted to find this place and then see that it was listed as #2 out of 1,637 restaurants listed in TripAdvisor. We had a 6:30 pm reservation and despite folks waiting in the reception area, we were immediately escorted to a table overlooking the city and the incoming storm clouds, complete with occasional thunder and lightning. Water was served as menus were given to us. Our server was at our table side about the time I opened the wine list. From that point on, the evening was a delight. Food was excellent, service better. A great, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Vivace's as outstanding as ever. First visit to the new location since getting back in town and love it. Good to see all the same, excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in TucsonPaulZeboDined on 8/19/2014I have been going to Vivace for close to 20 years. Been through two locations with them and now the third. I have travel throughout the Western U.S. and have not found a better restaurant. Consistently excellent food and service. For lunch, you cannot beat their ham sandwich, penne and sausage or the seafood soup. The new location is further to drive, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningAAK1603Dined on 8/18/2014The food and service at Vivace Restaurant was great! My wife and I greatly enjoyed our wedding anniversary diner.Special Features:
- Great food, great value.DickydinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit and the high quality of the food was evident once again - and at relatively reasonable prices for a fine dining restaurant. The Seafood Soup is a show stopper. It can be noisy, so try to avoid the tables jammed along the interior colonnade. And the tables for two are small and make maneuvering the oversized plates here a challenge. Unfortunately, unlike most Open Table restaurants, Vivace does not seem to be very responsive to special seating requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!Good2ChooseDined on 8/14/2014The four of us had a fantastic dining experience. All of us were extremely pleased with our food selections. Each was proclaimed to be exquisite! The preparation, seasoning, and presentation of each dish was first class. The server, Athena, was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely pleasant. She certainly enhanced our dining enjoyment.Special Features:
- Tucson's best?FoodDudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014I haven't eaten at all the restaurants in town, but this has to be at or very near the top. In apples to apples, it is by far the best Italian. Elegant without being stuffy, the substantial menu has a wide range of prices and varied entrees, and the staff knows them very well. I've had veal scaloppini all over the country and none were better. Fork tender, with a lemony sauce offset by briny capers. Wonderful. The new location is spacious with wooden floors which can make things louder than some prefer. An ample wine list with a range of prices, not unlike the menu which has lower priced and simple fare as well as more sophisticated creations. They have a fondness for fontina cheese in the baked dishes but less filling options are fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.