6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
420 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (332)special occasion (312)fit for foodies (227)romantic (221)notable wine list (176)great for lunch (167)great for outdoor dining (164)neighborhood gem (146)good for groups (145)hot spot (83)great for brunch (40)late-night find (31)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Great food, poor patio lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I have been enjoying Vivace Restaurant for many years and love the new location. The only drawback is the very low/poor lighting on th patio. Their patio is beautiful with a spectacular view of the mountains, however the lighting is so low it was very difficult for many people to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014So yummy! The best resturant in Tucson. I would eat at Vivaces every night if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 10/21/2014Delightful as always. The four of us had great meals and a fine time. Thanks for making us feel so comfortable at your excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant - so so food.twofoodiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Such a charming restaurant that I thought they would have spectacular Italian food-wrong! A limited menu with few Italian standards. The cheese and spinach souffle as a starter was spectacular. I will give the place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryOctoberSmittenDined on 10/18/2014Vivace was more than expected! From the white table linens to the gorgeous sceneic view of the City--Vivace cries Romance. Tall leather back chairs afford couples the opportunity to sit next to each other, so they can hold hands and view the panorama. Caesar salads and the Salmon in lemon butter took us just above the panorama we viewed. Dinner was followed by flawless Crème brûlée. The drive to N. Campbell was well worth it across from the El Cantatata Mall. What a great restaurant to select for your significant other for that special night, anniversary, or just because you want a very nice meal and place with "class." Thanks Vivace!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedlexieDined on 10/17/2014When I made the reservation on OT, it said to call the restaurant for a certain table request. I called and requested a mountain view table. When we arrived the hostess seated us at a table in the middle of the room. I mentioned to her I requested a specific table location and she said that for her regular Friday Customers. She changed our table to the city view side but would not seat us at the window because it was reserved. Moving on the food was good but uniformly everything was not hot enough. With all my years of dining in NYC I have never been denied a table location because I was not a regular customer or if I was denied a specific table location the hostess was smart enough not to tell me that reason.Special Features:
- EpicureanLove2dineatvivaceDined on 10/17/2014The food and service was outstanding. It could not have been better. It is such an intelligent menu. It is hard to choose between the various selections.Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a lovely meal. Greeted by name by lovely Roxanna at the door, magnificent Kelly at the bar and the ever-professional Fred at the table, we sipped some great iced-tea and settled in to enjoy fine meals promptly prepared and elegantly presented. The fish du jour, striped bass, was especially notable. We are essentially never disappointed at Vivace. Thanks for keeping up such high standards of food quality and staff friendliness. We'll be back with friends soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love VivacewannabejuliaVIPDined on 10/17/2014I must say I always worry when a favorite and successful restaurant moves to a new location. I am happy to report that the recent move from St. Phillips to Skyline/Campbell (the old Anthony's) was a great decision by Danny Scordato. The renovation is beautiful and the location is stunning. The quality, consistency of the food and the impeccable service is really unmatched in Tucson. I recently lunched there with my daughter. The restaurant was packed and there were several large parties however the food was delicious and the service top notch. When I dine at Vivace I feel welcome and pampered. There is an air of generosity and pride that is often hard to find. We will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSandyCKVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. The good and views are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Tucson right nowCookiemanDined on 10/15/2014Service is excellent, food is well prepared, wine list is reasonably priced and well chosen, new location has great views, outdoor seating area is very pleasant and conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Tucson's best!HungryDesertRatDined on 10/15/2014Vivace in it's new location continues to deliver the same outstanding cuisine as previously and the daily seafood special has never disappointed! They also cheerfully accommodate dietary quirks (in this case low carbs) and for special occasions serve a killer-tiramisu on the house! The serve staff is friendly. The noise level (partially due to a very loud table next to us) made us want to get the check rather than linger... We will go back because Vivace prepares predictably excellent food and has been a favorite since our move to Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in TucsonMandyDined on 10/15/2014Vivaces is our favorite restaurant to go to in Tucson. The food is always delicious, service is the best, great location and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bday Dinner for the Miss'NeuroniesDined on 10/14/2014This is the perfect place for a romantic dinner. The food, service, and atmosphere was definitely something to be remembered. Best part of the evening was that I didn't even have to get up halfway through dinner to tell our waiter that it was the Misses' birthday! He promptly brought over a slice of Tiramisu with a candle on it after our meal. I just mentioned that it was a birthday dinner on my reservation on OpenTable and it was done!Special Features:
- In love with Vivace!ecvprDined on 10/14/2014EVERYTHING, and I mean, everything about this restaurant was amazing! A Tucson gem with an amazing view, huge space and delicious food.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCHMomsieDined on 10/14/2014Although we are world travelers, Vivace has become our favorite restaurant for many years. Judging from the increasing difficulty in obtaining a reservation, others must feel the same way. One always knows what to expect, as Vivace is consistent in the preparation of its dishes and the excellence of its service. Relocating the restaurant from St. Phillip's Plaza to its current site with its sweeping city views was brilliant, icing on the cake. We look forward to many more delicious meals in this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Memorable experiencefoodloverDined on 10/13/2014We have been going to Vivace for years and it never disappoints. The food is wonderful, the service impeccable. This was our first time at their new location in the foothills and now they have a terrific view added to their many amenities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Anniversary Celebration??????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I specifically asked for a nice table in my comment section upon making my reservation several days prior. It was our first wedding anniversary. The restaurant was almost empty, it was only 4:30 pm, but we were seating overlooking a parking lot and next to a young family with 3 little noisy, up and down little girls. To say the least, it was not romantic. Server and food were good, but I wouldn't go back. One side of the building had awesome views of the mountains and the other the parking lot. I don't feel like they cared that this was a special occasion. We drove over an hour for a white linen, romantic setting. Server put a candle on my dessert- I would have preferred a romantic setting....I guess you have to be a regular.
- EXCELLENT RESTAURANTJOHNDined on 10/13/2014Vivace has always been an excellent restaurant and now they have added a great view with their new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in TownVinoCatheDined on 10/11/2014We started eating at Vivace shortly after we moved to Tucson 20 years ago. The restaurant has moved twice since then to larger, nicer locations. It is our favorite place to celebrate all our special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) and we have recommended it to more people than we can count. The food never fails to please, the service is outstanding, and the ambiance is the best (especially now in the new location). You can always count on a fabulous meal hosted by the best chef in town, Daniel Scordato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the viewvivacefan12Dined on 10/8/2014Had the opportunity to be seated in the smaller dining room with the city/mountain view. It was truly spectacular. Since this was my first evening experience in the new location, I had not thought to request a window table. I will do it next time. The food was outstanding as always. The wine list was good and they have included the smaller i/2 bottles of wine, which I found a great addition.Special Features:
- EpicureanLove2dineatvivaceDined on 10/8/2014The food and service was impeccable. The dining experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level issueAnonymousDined on 10/7/2014We did find conversation to be obliterated by noise level. We found ourselves almost screaming to be heard. Therefore, my suggestion is, go in between key dining times. Food was terrific, as well as the service, but do NOT attempt to have any kind of important conversation with the decibel level intervening endlessly.Special Features:
- Even better in their new locationGreggDined on 10/7/2014Everything was so good I ate there twice this week!Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The owner, Daniel Scordato's appearance was everywhere in the restaurant. He was talking to guests and equally checking on the table set-ups and what came out of the kitchen. He runs the restaurant with care and dedication. The food was excellent and the view was breathtaking. The only somewhat negative was the noise level was a bit high in the restaurant. The restaurant was very crowded and it was a Monday night. Great job in the restaurants new location.Special Features:
- ImpeccableDebWDined on 10/4/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Vivace. Everyone was amazed by delicious food, wine and friendly service! Vivace is highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely spot...but popular.celebratfunDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and beautiful view. Well appointed. Server over taxed and slow to follow up. Far too noisy. Could use some serious sound proofing. Overall a, nice date location, but my date hard the noise so much it ruined his experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the List!TheBDKidDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is in a secluded setting (for those not familiar with the area) and the service, friendliness, food and overall experience was a true pleasure indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a very fine time, thank you. I enjoyed the fish of the day, striped bass -excellent as always. My friend indulged in the Vivace signature, fish soup. consuming half of it and taking the remainder home to his wife - also a fan of Vivace excellence in soup. Roxanna and Kelly cheerfully introduced us to the new Frasal Begrance machine in the reception area, clearly adding a note of aromatic ambiance to the bar. As always, your staff was friendly, warm, and welcoming. Athena, Kelly, Marco, & Roxanna each made us feel comfortably at home for a fine meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- PoorluvtoeatDined on 10/2/2014I ordered a souflle that was heavy and very undesirable. My friend had the pork tenderloin with pasta that he enjoyed greatly.
- Great restaurantSandyCKVIPDined on 10/2/2014Always a great meal, great views. Completely enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceFreddieBoyDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has it all. Great location and view, excellent food and excellent service. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningMyplaceHeinDined on 10/2/2014This was our first visit to "The New Vivace". Having attended the Restaurant at River and Campbell. I expected the food to be outstanding, and it was. The staff were pleasant and helpful. I had the impression that they would do whatever I needed or wanted to make my stay complete. At the same time we didn't feel smothered. From the first person we met, Sean, the parking attendant to the server we felt at ease, and comfortable. Since we have been there, I have told everyone I meet what a really fine dining experience it was. I have been on a program to lose weight, and was concerned that I couldn't get what I wanted, or would eat too much. Not so, I wound up eating one half of the dinner and bringing half of it home... Vivaces is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandi CSandiDined on 10/1/2014Had a reservation for a special occasion. This was Wed. night. There was no place to park and only one valet. Very frustrating. The restaurant and bar weren't that busy, so there must have been a special event. Why no compensation, I.e., more valets? The bus person was sloppy and spilled water on the table while pouring. The waitress was brusk. It's nice that they are so busy, but there needs to be enough staff so that you don't feel they don't have time to wait on you properly. We were there in August on a Sat. night. Very busy, but service was much better. Despite our reservation, we were seated in the middle of the room w/ very little light. Please either put a light source on the table or print the menu.Special Features:
- As always, a great mealjohnstoneDined on 9/29/2014We have been a Vivace diner for many years....in all their locations..The food and service has always been good.. love to take our out of town guests here for dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Vivace'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014We love this place. The food was amazing as always - especially the special order Chicken Piccata - remarkable!! The service was a bit slow and inattentive. Very unusual for this place. We will send a note to the owner separately. Hard to get reservations, but when you get them dress up and have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBdowgialloVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had been here in the spring and decided to come back to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed even though there was a delay in getting our cocktails but the waiter, on his own, made up for it with dessert and coffee on the house! Nice touch and a great way to retain a customer.Special Features:
- Great eveningkackiDined on 9/27/2014We were seated on the patio and it was very charming altho the scenery was short lived because it got dark by 7:30. The food, wine and service was top notch. We all enjoyed the evening. Kathleen WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance and food of this restaurant was fine. We were Extremely unhappy with the service - wait person was not friendly, we felt rushed.. other staff was grumpy.. We would certainly reconsider returning due to this... This is not up to the standards that we expected from this restaurant...Special Features:
- THE BEST !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/20144 of us and not one disappointed diner the food wonderful. Candace our server was OUTSTANDING. It just does not get any better. Thank you..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.