6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 795-7221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
427 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (328)special occasion (318)fit for foodies (251)romantic (220)great for outdoor dining (178)great for lunch (168)notable wine list (168)good for groups (164)neighborhood gem (151)hot spot (80)great for brunch (31)late-night find (29)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Special place for a special occasionLogarDined on 11/24/2014Chose this spot to celebrate my wife's birthday since it has food that we both love, a great view of the valley, and an excellent menu for wine by the glass. That's a great way to peruse the menu along with their hot bread and savory olive oil. Plus they honored my request for fish that was medium rare which is not often respected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable night with familySherDined on 11/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Vivace. The dining room is beautiful and the view of the city is spectacular. Our kids were with us and they are vegan so there was a limited selection of dishes to choose from, but the waitress was very accommodating in finding out which options could be made vegan. The serving are quite large and we were all stuffed by the end of the meal. I loved the salmon/shrimp over spinach and the pear and walnut salad is also a favorite. All in all a very nice evening with my two grandchildren who are 3 and 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurant in TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014This restaurant has it all starting with a hands on, friendly owner. Tasty entrees, generous wine servings, scenic views, great service....a must for anyone visiting or living in TucsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian cuisine-absolute BEST in TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Ingredients are always fresh - vibrant flavors, creative menu, consistently excellent throughout the generations of ownership! Quality is always consistently top-notch. The new venue is spacious inside with beautiful outside patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Perfect way to celebrate a birthday with dear friends. The menu was impressive and the food was delicious. We plan to be regulars whenever we are in town. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestjmpcmpDined on 11/21/2014Food is phenomenal as is the service. Beautiful restaurant paired with five star menu and wine list. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in ArizonaFoodieDined on 11/21/2014I have been going to Vivace from the time they were a storefront. They now are in the most beautiful site in Tucson. The food is always perfect. Even though it is a very upscale restaurant, you feel immediately at home. If I could only go to one restaurant for the rest of my live, it would be Vivace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in TucsonChristySDined on 11/20/2014This is my favorite place to dine in Tucson. We have always had superb food and great service . The escargot is absolutely the best. I usually get the Osso Buco, which is always wonderful. However, I tried the Grilled Fresh Salmon with Rock Shrimp and it was fabulous, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we wanted...........AZDebDined on 11/20/2014We are new to the area and was looking for a great restaurant that would offer, good table, wine, and outstanding menu, this restaurant was perfect. We had reservations, was taken immediately to our table and was pleased to see that Vivace had a beautiful city view!! Our waiter Steve was outstanding, very friendly, informative and attentive. Then there was the food, Bellisimo!!!! We will return often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their new location!magooDined on 11/20/2014Fabulous views, decor, service -- and food! Lunch for four celebrating our birthdays met and exceeded our expectations. Fair pricing too, and a birthday dessert to share too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large and LoudMaryGDined on 11/20/2014I fondly recall the Vivace at St. Phillips Plaza. This restaurant bore little resemblance to its namesake. It was a large, cavernous space, quite noisy even at late lunch hour, and the food was not to my taste: overly salty, not very nuanced. I was disappointed.
- Dinner at VivacedianeDined on 11/19/2014Disappointing after all the hype about their big move...especially poor service.
- Never fails to impress!biscuitannieDined on 11/19/2014Brought friends from out of town who have many fine restaurants where they live. They were impressed with the whole experience. The food and the atmosphere were spot on. Our waiter was efficient and unobtrusive, with just enough humor and friendliness to make the experience A+. Even the valet parking guy was great! We'll be back, many times...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Spot In The FoothillsJeanDined on 11/18/2014Vivace may be Tucson's best restaurant and is certainly one of its top two (Hacienda Del Sol). Everything about our meal was excellent from the ample, but not overwhelming number of menu choices to the creative preparations, to the attentive, but never intrusive, service. The wine list is very good and we especially appreciated the helpful wine descriptions available at each table on a handy ipad. The noise level was not bad, but the restaurant was packed (on a Tuesday night!) and it was a bit loud. Other than this very small complaint our night out at Vivace would have been perfect. We will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently EXCELLENT food.FrequentdinerVIPDined on 11/17/2014The food at Vivace is consistently EXCELLENT. It doesn't matter what you order, it will be delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Fabulous food, great views, everyone in our party of 4 was very happy with their meal. The owner was so attentive to every detail, even was seen adjusting the lighting a few times as the night went on. Best place in Tucson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- y.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014food is carefully prepared, fresh and delicious. service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Tucson.KayWDined on 11/14/2014As always the food and service were great. The noise level was high. They need to continue to find ways to reduce the noise so that everyone can have an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good choice on a busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014I think this restaurant is good if you go when it is not crowded. We went on a busy Friday night and it was extremely noisy and fast paced. I felt our fine dining experience was rushed. We were in and out of there in one hour. Outdoor patio was beautiful but cold. They need some outdoor patio heatersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson's Premiere Italian CuisineVinceDined on 11/14/2014This is the hot spot in Tucson for fine Italian food. The Spinach and Cheese Souffle is an excellent appetizer, and some of the best entres include the Pork Sorentino, Roasted Shrimp with Seafood Stuffing, and Seafood Lasagnette with their house made pasta. They also have a fine assortment of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 11/14/2014Candace took marvelous care of us. We both ordered the salmon and were not disappointed. Topping off the meal with creme brulee and coffee made it a charming and satisfying lunch. We remain greatly impressed by the by the continuous hard work of your wait-staff. Kelly, Candace, all the crew... thank you for making our visits to Vivace such fine times! Yeah, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTMj2926Dined on 11/13/2014VIVACES IS OUR GO TO PLACE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS!!!!! LOVE THEIR NEW LOCATION. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD, AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS TOP-NOTCH. WISH IT WAS CLOSER TO OUR HOME, BUT WE NEVER HESITATE TO DRIVE TO THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 11/13/2014My wife & I joined friends we've known since our days in grad. school at the University of Arizona in the late 1960s. Candace took good care of us at a time the restaurant was rapidly filling with with friendly, hungry patrons. While we each enjoyed delightful meals, the fillet of Branzino Bass was simply magnificent. I savored every morsel and was not inclined to share. We'll be back for more, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a GREAT place to dine!MattieDined on 11/12/2014Great ambiance and of course the food wonderful! Highly recommend for any type of celebration. I'm never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good waitressRayMonDined on 11/11/2014Athena was our waitress, beautiful personality, excellent service, a gem at VivaceSpecial Features:
- Great lunch!JlunchVIPDined on 11/11/2014We dined on the patio Tuesday for lunch. Seafood soup was superb, scenery amazing and service extraordinary. Best meal since their relocation to foothills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 11/10/2014Food is great still but no longer an intimate place and no noise muting surfaces so alot of din. Waitress was not very attentive-which I had never had before at this restaurant . They should have stayed put. The whole vibe is changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for 40th anniversary40thyearlovebirdsDined on 11/10/2014From the ambience to the service and the food our evening could not have been better. In the capable hands of the manager, we were given a table overlooking the city. Our roses were beautifully displayed. We were pleasantly surprised in receiving a small bottle of champagne to help with our celebration. The service couldn't have been better or more friendly. The food has to be the most lovingly prepared and among the best, if not the best tasting, in the city. We've been before and will be certain to return soon again. Vivace's is a treasure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014It became noisy as the restaurant filled with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding celebrationConnieDined on 11/10/2014After 38 years of waiting we were legally married in Arizona. The obvious place to celebrate with close friends was Vivace.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and outstanding service. Great location with a gorgeous view of the city. Highly recommended for a special night out or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My number 1 in TucsonKANIKEDined on 11/8/2014Always consistent. Will always be my fav! I love the new location and especially now with the weather nicer, great outside, stunning views! Go for the sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epicurean delightLove2dineatvivaceDined on 11/8/2014Superior food and service. A dining experience that could not be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 11/6/2014A marvelous dining experience, as always. Two colleagues from the Phoenix area drove down for a day of sharing research results at my office. Neither of the had been to Vivace before, but both state they can't wait to return. The sliced filet mignon was delightful and the pistachio gelato was a great hit. Candace took good care of us, welcoming newcomers with helpful suggestions. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TucsonKayWDined on 11/5/2014Vivace's is always my favorite. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best AnniversariesalwayshungryDined on 11/4/2014We went here for our anniversary, and got a perfect table overlooking the night lights of Tucson. Service was superb. Wine list was perfect for us, though we are not devoted wine patrons. For dinner, we had the Salmon with Shrimp and the Striped Bass. Both were perfectly prepared. We will return here on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!vogingerDined on 11/4/2014Service and food was impeccable. The atmosphere was amazing. We went for a business lunch and wanted to stay all day.Special Features:
- Great Italian Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014The food was fantastic and the wait staff was excellent! I went with my parents who are elderly and they were very considerate towards their needs.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable!BirdieVIPDined on 11/3/2014Vivace has been a "go to" spot for us for years. It's a Tucson gem! The food is always wonderful and the new location is perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRobpDined on 11/3/2014we had a party of 6, whom we often go out together-we all had wonderful meals, great service, good wine! Will return! Prices are very nice also.Special Features: