6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
429 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (341)special occasion (315)fit for foodies (234)romantic (223)notable wine list (182)great for outdoor dining (169)great for lunch (165)neighborhood gem (148)good for groups (146)hot spot (82)great for brunch (37)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- ItalianaDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I were disappointed in Vivace for the first time ever. It has always been our favorite place for special occasions or for reuniting with friends. The food was good, not great, which it always was. The new location is large, pretty, but cavernous and cold in comparison to the old Vivace. Maybe the outdoor tables with views would be better.I didn't like the large dining room we were in.The service, was mediocre, had to ask for a napkin, a knife, and sweetener for tea. In fairness to the server, she had a lot of tables and they were spread out, and several of the parties were large. I don't think she, or the kitchen, could keep up. It made me sad, and I'm not sure we will return, something I NEVER thought I would say.Special Features:
- birthdYDined on 10/28/2014As always the food is outstanding. Dining on the outside patio much quieter than inside.Special Features:
- Excellentthe4kudsDined on 10/25/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent. The food was very good, ambiance and views were beautiful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Went with friends who are foodies. We ALL loved our meal. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Vivace for more than 20 years. Its new location in the former Anthony's is wonderful. We had dinner outside on a balmy October evening. The cheese and spinach souflee was out of this world. Vivace is our favorite restaurant for good reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior , as usualHereFromTucsonVIPDined on 10/25/2014We dine at Vivace's often and always on special occasions. We sat in the patio for our 7:30 PM reservation and were impressed with the lovely layout and plantings. There is plenty of outdoor seating with all tables well separated. Service is great. The wine list is extensive. The menu selections are varied. Everything is tasty. We never pass up a homemade pasta. We enjoyed night caps at the bar and were happy that there was room for all to be seated. Already made reservations there for New Year's Eve. Vivace's is our favorite Tucson restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday EveningazdinerDined on 10/25/2014Lovey dinner with family topped off by an excellent meal. The service was top notch. We used open table and request a city view table. Simple and easy. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace's Dining ExperiencedanazonaDined on 10/25/2014As usual the food was excellent but the service was not up to the standard of the previous location. Although the service was not "bad," I could have been much better.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNovemberbrideVIPDined on 10/25/2014We went here to celebrate our one year anniversary and loved it. Definitely a great place for a special occasion. The view is amazing, the food is exceptional and the service was perfect. Would go back in a second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMikeDined on 10/24/2014We chose Vivache for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and the service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMaryVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our entire party of 9 loved every minute of dinner at Vivace. Always great service, the food is consistent and absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodVinceDined on 10/24/2014This is the only Italian restaurant in Tucson that has excellent offerings throughout the menu. The spinach soufflé appetizer is especially unique. Entrees such as the Pork Sorentino and Seafood Lasagnette are superb. The servers are typically polite and professional. The atmosphere at the new location is comfortable and the views from the windows are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Vivace has been our family's top choice for several years but recently during 2 visits service and food has dropped below previous standards. There seems to be a disconnect from the front to the back of the house...Sadly, it is not a "flowing" experience. It will be some time before returning. Hopefully, time will heal.
- Anniversary dinnerbowjacDined on 10/23/2014All aspects of dinner, service, ambiance, and experience were first class. Would echo ratings of others including Trip Advisor, Zagats, Yelp, etc. as perhaps best restaurant in Tucson.Special Features:
- Another memorable experienceFoodDudeVIPDined on 10/23/2014They continue to excel at whatever they do. Your taste buds will tell whether each and every dish is to your liking, but the wide selection of choices here is a plus. The menu doesn't vary except for the nightly changing soup--none of which in my experience would be classified as Italian, oddly enough. Also a fish entre special, always quite good. I could do with fewer baked dishes, but they know their customers' tastes and there is always a crowd. The wine list is extensive if a bit daunting for those of us who are not familiar with all the Italian varietals, but the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Plus there are familiar domestic options that satisfy. Valet parking is a plus for the hillside entry. Can be noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleaniness of servers clothingLilymakes1plus2Dined on 10/23/2014Our server was a delight, and very helpful. Her clothing was soiled and a bit rumbled.Special Features:
- A memorable eveningEpicuriousDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed celebrating good friends, longevity, and our love of the finer things in life. Thank your for setting a lovely table. The menu, service and ambiance were perfect. This is one of our long time favorite restaurants. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor patio lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I have been enjoying Vivace Restaurant for many years and love the new location. The only drawback is the very low/poor lighting on th patio. Their patio is beautiful with a spectacular view of the mountains, however the lighting is so low it was very difficult for many people to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestFun5wfoodDined on 10/21/2014So yummy! The best resturant in Tucson. I would eat at Vivaces every night if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 10/21/2014Delightful as always. The four of us had great meals and a fine time. Thanks for making us feel so comfortable at your excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant - so so food.twofoodiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Such a charming restaurant that I thought they would have spectacular Italian food-wrong! A limited menu with few Italian standards. The cheese and spinach souffle as a starter was spectacular. I will give the place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryOctoberSmittenDined on 10/18/2014Vivace was more than expected! From the white table linens to the gorgeous sceneic view of the City--Vivace cries Romance. Tall leather back chairs afford couples the opportunity to sit next to each other, so they can hold hands and view the panorama. Caesar salads and the Salmon in lemon butter took us just above the panorama we viewed. Dinner was followed by flawless Crème brûlée. The drive to N. Campbell was well worth it across from the El Cantatata Mall. What a great restaurant to select for your significant other for that special night, anniversary, or just because you want a very nice meal and place with "class." Thanks Vivace!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedlexieDined on 10/17/2014When I made the reservation on OT, it said to call the restaurant for a certain table request. I called and requested a mountain view table. When we arrived the hostess seated us at a table in the middle of the room. I mentioned to her I requested a specific table location and she said that for her regular Friday Customers. She changed our table to the city view side but would not seat us at the window because it was reserved. Moving on the food was good but uniformly everything was not hot enough. With all my years of dining in NYC I have never been denied a table location because I was not a regular customer or if I was denied a specific table location the hostess was smart enough not to tell me that reason.Special Features:
- EpicureanLove2dineatvivaceDined on 10/17/2014The food and service was outstanding. It could not have been better. It is such an intelligent menu. It is hard to choose between the various selections.Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a lovely meal. Greeted by name by lovely Roxanna at the door, magnificent Kelly at the bar and the ever-professional Fred at the table, we sipped some great iced-tea and settled in to enjoy fine meals promptly prepared and elegantly presented. The fish du jour, striped bass, was especially notable. We are essentially never disappointed at Vivace. Thanks for keeping up such high standards of food quality and staff friendliness. We'll be back with friends soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love VivacewannabejuliaVIPDined on 10/17/2014I must say I always worry when a favorite and successful restaurant moves to a new location. I am happy to report that the recent move from St. Phillips to Skyline/Campbell (the old Anthony's) was a great decision by Danny Scordato. The renovation is beautiful and the location is stunning. The quality, consistency of the food and the impeccable service is really unmatched in Tucson. I recently lunched there with my daughter. The restaurant was packed and there were several large parties however the food was delicious and the service top notch. When I dine at Vivace I feel welcome and pampered. There is an air of generosity and pride that is often hard to find. We will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSandyCKVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. The good and views are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Tucson right nowCookiemanDined on 10/15/2014Service is excellent, food is well prepared, wine list is reasonably priced and well chosen, new location has great views, outdoor seating area is very pleasant and conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Tucson's best!HungryDesertRatDined on 10/15/2014Vivace in it's new location continues to deliver the same outstanding cuisine as previously and the daily seafood special has never disappointed! They also cheerfully accommodate dietary quirks (in this case low carbs) and for special occasions serve a killer-tiramisu on the house! The serve staff is friendly. The noise level (partially due to a very loud table next to us) made us want to get the check rather than linger... We will go back because Vivace prepares predictably excellent food and has been a favorite since our move to Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in TucsonMandyDined on 10/15/2014Vivaces is our favorite restaurant to go to in Tucson. The food is always delicious, service is the best, great location and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bday Dinner for the Miss'NeuroniesDined on 10/14/2014This is the perfect place for a romantic dinner. The food, service, and atmosphere was definitely something to be remembered. Best part of the evening was that I didn't even have to get up halfway through dinner to tell our waiter that it was the Misses' birthday! He promptly brought over a slice of Tiramisu with a candle on it after our meal. I just mentioned that it was a birthday dinner on my reservation on OpenTable and it was done!Special Features:
- In love with Vivace!ecvprDined on 10/14/2014EVERYTHING, and I mean, everything about this restaurant was amazing! A Tucson gem with an amazing view, huge space and delicious food.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCHMomsieDined on 10/14/2014Although we are world travelers, Vivace has become our favorite restaurant for many years. Judging from the increasing difficulty in obtaining a reservation, others must feel the same way. One always knows what to expect, as Vivace is consistent in the preparation of its dishes and the excellence of its service. Relocating the restaurant from St. Phillip's Plaza to its current site with its sweeping city views was brilliant, icing on the cake. We look forward to many more delicious meals in this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Memorable experiencefoodloverDined on 10/13/2014We have been going to Vivace for years and it never disappoints. The food is wonderful, the service impeccable. This was our first time at their new location in the foothills and now they have a terrific view added to their many amenities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Anniversary Celebration??????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I specifically asked for a nice table in my comment section upon making my reservation several days prior. It was our first wedding anniversary. The restaurant was almost empty, it was only 4:30 pm, but we were seating overlooking a parking lot and next to a young family with 3 little noisy, up and down little girls. To say the least, it was not romantic. Server and food were good, but I wouldn't go back. One side of the building had awesome views of the mountains and the other the parking lot. I don't feel like they cared that this was a special occasion. We drove over an hour for a white linen, romantic setting. Server put a candle on my dessert- I would have preferred a romantic setting....I guess you have to be a regular.
- EXCELLENT RESTAURANTJOHNDined on 10/13/2014Vivace has always been an excellent restaurant and now they have added a great view with their new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in TownVinoCatheDined on 10/11/2014We started eating at Vivace shortly after we moved to Tucson 20 years ago. The restaurant has moved twice since then to larger, nicer locations. It is our favorite place to celebrate all our special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) and we have recommended it to more people than we can count. The food never fails to please, the service is outstanding, and the ambiance is the best (especially now in the new location). You can always count on a fabulous meal hosted by the best chef in town, Daniel Scordato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the viewvivacefan12Dined on 10/8/2014Had the opportunity to be seated in the smaller dining room with the city/mountain view. It was truly spectacular. Since this was my first evening experience in the new location, I had not thought to request a window table. I will do it next time. The food was outstanding as always. The wine list was good and they have included the smaller i/2 bottles of wine, which I found a great addition.Special Features:
- EpicureanLove2dineatvivaceDined on 10/8/2014The food and service was impeccable. The dining experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level issueAnonymousDined on 10/7/2014We did find conversation to be obliterated by noise level. We found ourselves almost screaming to be heard. Therefore, my suggestion is, go in between key dining times. Food was terrific, as well as the service, but do NOT attempt to have any kind of important conversation with the decibel level intervening endlessly.Special Features: