6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
449 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (369)special occasion (329)romantic (240)fit for foodies (232)notable wine list (189)great for lunch (185)great for outdoor dining (171)good for groups (154)neighborhood gem (150)hot spot (79)great for brunch (46)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- As always, a great mealjohnstoneDined on 9/29/2014We have been a Vivace diner for many years....in all their locations..The food and service has always been good.. love to take our out of town guests here for dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBdowgialloVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had been here in the spring and decided to come back to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed even though there was a delay in getting our cocktails but the waiter, on his own, made up for it with dessert and coffee on the house! Nice touch and a great way to retain a customer.Special Features:
- Great eveningkackiDined on 9/27/2014We were seated on the patio and it was very charming altho the scenery was short lived because it got dark by 7:30. The food, wine and service was top notch. We all enjoyed the evening. Kathleen WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance and food of this restaurant was fine. We were Extremely unhappy with the service - wait person was not friendly, we felt rushed.. other staff was grumpy.. We would certainly reconsider returning due to this... This is not up to the standards that we expected from this restaurant...Special Features:
- THE BEST !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/20144 of us and not one disappointed diner the food wonderful. Candace our server was OUTSTANDING. It just does not get any better. Thank you..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace never disappointsdesertrat62Dined on 9/26/2014For years, Vivace has provided consistently outstanding food and service. This was our first visit to Vivace in its new 'digs' at Campbell and Skyline, in the former Anthony's spot. Now "fabulous scenic view" can be added to its attributes. There were orders of the two fish specials at our table, Atlantic Char and Sea Bass. Both were melt-in-the-mouth expertly prepared. All at the table agreed that the side dish of Vegetable Rice was yummy - similar to a risotto, creamy with chunks of fresh veggies. The renovated space is very open with high ceilings and wood floors - very "Italianate" attractive but a bit noisy when all the tables are full.Special Features:
- great food , serviceEdwinDined on 9/26/2014Service was perfect and friendly, the food was tasty and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/26/2014As usual, we had a very pleasant meal. My wife enjoyed the eggplant-parm. I particularly liked the striped bass with a side of mixed greens salad. Then we overindulged with tirimisu and the Vivace signature coconut gelato -- truly delightful. Thanks to Athena for taking good care of us. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top-NotchDavelrDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food and great service...you can always count on Vivace. It's new location is even better than the old one. If you plan to dine, be sure to make reservations well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I was happy to see that Vivace's continue to maintain the same level of service and outstanding food in their new location. The service was outstanding from the greeters to the table service. My only suggestion is to provide some additional sound absorbing material to decrease the sound level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningBostonGuestDined on 9/24/2014We arrived on time for our reservation. We were seated almost immediately. We were seated outside, as we had requested. The food was excellent. The wait staff was excellent, were attentive. The crab stuffed chicken was as tasty as ever. On person in our party said that the Veal Parmesan was the best he had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As ExpectedPerfectionDined on 9/24/2014Everything we expected and more. Order a special orchid arrangement to be on the window table for our 1st real anniversary after 25 years of being together. There is was as expected. Service and bar tenders awesome. We work for a local resort in the restaurants and always find it difficult to dine out without being critical about everything, but not tonight. It was just us and our little celebration. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Ciao VivacedesertdinerDined on 9/24/2014After enjoying decades of quality meals at Vivace, I will now hesitate to return. This was the second mediocre meal at the new locale. My twelve dollar salad was a pedestrian mixture of gorgonzola, nuts and greens, while my dining partner's ham sandwich was down right soggy on it's plate side. The kitchen rectified the situation with two pieces of overly toasted bread to replace the wet originals. A dinner experience yielded efficient service, a standard menu, and a noisy environment. Tucson enjoys such a vibrant culinary scene, I hope Vivace can polish it's image to it's former quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014It was a little pricey for lunch but met all our expectations. Perhaps a lunch special daily for $10.00. We thought it ran about $10.00 more than lunch at other fine restaurants. The setting is great. We were seated next to a group of eight and it was too loud so we moved into the large dining room near a window overlooking the patio. Perfect. Had the penne with sausage, excellent. We also had the soufflé. Wouldn't order it again. Small, too much sauce, perhaps a side on the plate of a vegetable or small pasta to cut the richness. Service was top notch. We drove in from Phoenix for a play and Vivace is always our first choice. We enjoyed the new location. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014Thanks so much for seating us at a table next to the windows. We had a beautiful view of the mountains and the city lights. Loved our food, wine and dessert. Our daughter who was visiting from San Francisco truly enjoyed the evening at Vivace's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014We were with a couple and totally enjoyed our dining. Our waiter was friendly and beyond helpful. Food was delicious. We felt unrushed and relaxed in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014This is our first experience at Vivace and it was delightful. The staff and food was wonderful. It was our 46th wedding anniversary and it truly became a dinner to remember. We will visit again..................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just (almost) PRRFECTAwesomeMealDined on 9/19/2014Wow -- what a find! At the top of Tripadvisors list and we gave it a shot while in town on a conference. So glad we did - it was quite the find! Food was perfect -- had the chicken cutlets with eggplant and the stuffed pork chop, the cheese soufflé....all excellent. Our server was AMAZING, even offering us bread pudding on the house because we were seated late due to an unfortunate situation just prior to our seating that delayed our reservation (a guest's pepper spray exploded in her purse, clearing out the restaurant for a short time). Only negative was the noise level at the table next to us -- a table of 12 very intoxicated guests who were clearly having a great time and not using indoor voices :)--their loud voices were irritating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent as always. We had a marvelous meal. My wife greatly enjoyed the breaded chicken breast with gravy and garlic mashed potatoes. I had the greens salad to start, followed by the sea bass with artichoke hearts, vegetable rice and iced tea. We both had the tirimisu for desert. Felix was prompt and charming, taking good care of us throughout the meal. We'll be back soon, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food1starVIPDined on 9/18/2014so so service, the food out shines the service and is well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Excellent place to enjoy TucsonTech12345Dined on 9/17/2014The review on other sites and this one don't lie. The restaurant is nestled up in the foothills and has a beautiful view of all the lights of the town. An extensive wine list and the servers are good at determining what wine goes well with what dish. Service was quick, and the food to die for. I recommend the seafood lasagnette. Unique taste yet light and fresh. Will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather noisySuburbaniteVIPDined on 9/16/2014The place is busy because the food is good. The tables are close together so we heard a couple of conversations besides our own. The noise level in the dining room is rather loud especially if there are any larger groups. The view is great. Ask for a table near the windows. We had the seafood lasagna, the special striped bass, the special ahi, the seafood pasta and the stuff pork chop. The only person disappointed with their entree had the pork chop. Although he said it was good, he would not order it again.Special Features:
- ALWAYS WONDERFULMNNeneVIPDined on 9/15/2014We're in Tucson several times a year, and hadn't been to VIVACE since it took over Anthony's space. Food was the same delectable stuff we've been used to, and the service was exemplary. Our only complaint would be the noise level, but everything else made up for it. The view of the city lights is spectacular from almost every table. We ordered the fish (Ahi Tuna and Sea Bass) which was delicious. This followed orders of Escargot and Stuffed Mushrooms, both tasty. Our waitress kept a close eye on our table, and we were never without full glasses. Have always loved this restaurant. In the new location, there's just more of it!Special Features:
- Never been disappointedmyfavDined on 9/13/2014Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Great everytime we've been here, count on us to be your regulars, Love every minute with your find staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service!!! Wonderful foodzimboDined on 9/13/2014Best service!!! We had an excellent server who knew her offerings and helped us to select Wonderful food.Special Features:
- Awesome locationDocheidiDined on 9/13/2014This has always been a gorgeous location, with both city and mountain views. Glad to see that Vivace took over the restaurant, instead of letting it go vacant. Vivace's menu is creative and the food and service wonderful. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Very good...a bit to noise. Husbands pasta dish was a bit too salty. The fish stew was fabulous. Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and views, but..AnonymousDinerDined on 9/12/2014The food was exceptional, and the views were great, even from an interior table. The noise level became unpleasantly high as more people arrived. The service was excellent at first, but toward the end it was hard to get our overworked waitress's attention. All the indoor tables were full and the restaurant needs to have more wait staff for those conditions, as well as some kind of sound control.Special Features:
- New locationJillitaDined on 9/12/2014Except for the noise level I love the new space! Same great food, service and now an incredible view.Special Features:
- A GemGbunchDined on 9/11/2014Vivace is a very nice restaurant if the idea is to go out and treat yourself to some of the best cuisine in Tucson. I found that although the restaurant is Italian I didn't feel bloated at the end of the meal (as I usually do when eating heavy foods). The food is fresh and authentic, the view is incredible, and the romantic atmosphere unparalleled. The wine list was also one of the best and I do suggest the Cabernet Sauvignon if you want a lovely accompaniment to red sauce dishes. Service adequate but overall a 4.5 star experience.Special Features:
- BirdseyeDined on 9/10/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. The food was excellent and our waiter was very good. The flow of food was right on. My wife always does not complete her meal but did so on this occasion as it was so good. Her special of bass and risotto were outstanding. We had not been to Vivace recently but will certainly be there more often. We were also pleasantly surprised with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014First time since they moved to this location. Great food, wonderful views and good service. Recommend for any occasion or just to eat out!Special Features:
- Another lovely lunchlynnDined on 9/10/2014The move up Campbell has been a good event for the restaurant. A Wednesday lunch saw a full house and our favorite items remain on the menu - our pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably OutstandingDlightinthefoothillsDined on 9/9/2014Vivace is my all time favorite restaurant. Chef Scordato NEVER disappoints. The food is always high quality, deliciously prepared and artistically presented. The servers are very professional, well informed and always helpful. The new setting in the Foothills is excellent, the view of the mountains by day, lights of Tucson by night: D E L I G H T F U L! I'm bringing EVERYONE and will always make reservations!Special Features:
- Perfect start to finishSbonitoDined on 9/8/2014Appetizer escargot and artichoke perfect- crab stuffed chicken with veg rice superb - bread pudding heaven. Beautiful scenery, wonderful views. Service staff were polite friendly and quick.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food is delicious. Good variety on the menu. I love everything I have ordered here. Very consistent high quality.Special Features:
- catsmoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, lovely view especially at sunset. Service was outstanding and the food was delicious. The fish is always prepared perfectly, the vegetable rice is unlike any other and the mushroom soup is so rich and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food is delicious. Restaurant is beautiful. My favorite restaurant in Tucson. Go there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in TUSWangerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Can from Chicago for the weekend. Great northern Italian cuisine. I'd put it up against any great Italian restaurant in Chicago. Smooth service, extensive wine list and great food. Even as free valet. Beautiful outdoor courtyard dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a fine time. I had the fish of the day, my guest had the fish soup. Each of us has previously resided in the Bay Area, CA and we appreciate good fish. Brittany took good care of us at a moderately busy time for the restaurant. We topped the meal off with great coffee and tirimisu - excellent, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.