6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
466 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (384)special occasion (339)romantic (244)fit for foodies (237)notable wine list (194)great for lunch (191)great for outdoor dining (181)neighborhood gem (157)good for groups (156)hot spot (77)great for brunch (47)late-night find (31)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- Amazing Food1starVIPDined on 9/18/2014so so service, the food out shines the service and is well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Excellent place to enjoy TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The review on other sites and this one don't lie. The restaurant is nestled up in the foothills and has a beautiful view of all the lights of the town. An extensive wine list and the servers are good at determining what wine goes well with what dish. Service was quick, and the food to die for. I recommend the seafood lasagnette. Unique taste yet light and fresh. Will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather noisySuburbaniteVIPDined on 9/16/2014The place is busy because the food is good. The tables are close together so we heard a couple of conversations besides our own. The noise level in the dining room is rather loud especially if there are any larger groups. The view is great. Ask for a table near the windows. We had the seafood lasagna, the special striped bass, the special ahi, the seafood pasta and the stuff pork chop. The only person disappointed with their entree had the pork chop. Although he said it was good, he would not order it again.Special Features:
- ALWAYS WONDERFULMNNeneVIPDined on 9/15/2014We're in Tucson several times a year, and hadn't been to VIVACE since it took over Anthony's space. Food was the same delectable stuff we've been used to, and the service was exemplary. Our only complaint would be the noise level, but everything else made up for it. The view of the city lights is spectacular from almost every table. We ordered the fish (Ahi Tuna and Sea Bass) which was delicious. This followed orders of Escargot and Stuffed Mushrooms, both tasty. Our waitress kept a close eye on our table, and we were never without full glasses. Have always loved this restaurant. In the new location, there's just more of it!Special Features:
- Best service!!! Wonderful foodzimboDined on 9/13/2014Best service!!! We had an excellent server who knew her offerings and helped us to select Wonderful food.Special Features:
- Awesome locationDocheidiDined on 9/13/2014This has always been a gorgeous location, with both city and mountain views. Glad to see that Vivace took over the restaurant, instead of letting it go vacant. Vivace's menu is creative and the food and service wonderful. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Very good...a bit to noise. Husbands pasta dish was a bit too salty. The fish stew was fabulous. Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and views, but..AnonymousDinerDined on 9/12/2014The food was exceptional, and the views were great, even from an interior table. The noise level became unpleasantly high as more people arrived. The service was excellent at first, but toward the end it was hard to get our overworked waitress's attention. All the indoor tables were full and the restaurant needs to have more wait staff for those conditions, as well as some kind of sound control.Special Features:
- New locationJillitaDined on 9/12/2014Except for the noise level I love the new space! Same great food, service and now an incredible view.Special Features:
- A GemGbunchDined on 9/11/2014Vivace is a very nice restaurant if the idea is to go out and treat yourself to some of the best cuisine in Tucson. I found that although the restaurant is Italian I didn't feel bloated at the end of the meal (as I usually do when eating heavy foods). The food is fresh and authentic, the view is incredible, and the romantic atmosphere unparalleled. The wine list was also one of the best and I do suggest the Cabernet Sauvignon if you want a lovely accompaniment to red sauce dishes. Service adequate but overall a 4.5 star experience.Special Features:
- BirdseyeDined on 9/10/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. The food was excellent and our waiter was very good. The flow of food was right on. My wife always does not complete her meal but did so on this occasion as it was so good. Her special of bass and risotto were outstanding. We had not been to Vivace recently but will certainly be there more often. We were also pleasantly surprised with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014First time since they moved to this location. Great food, wonderful views and good service. Recommend for any occasion or just to eat out!Special Features:
- Another lovely lunchlynnDined on 9/10/2014The move up Campbell has been a good event for the restaurant. A Wednesday lunch saw a full house and our favorite items remain on the menu - our pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably OutstandingDlightinthefoothillsDined on 9/9/2014Vivace is my all time favorite restaurant. Chef Scordato NEVER disappoints. The food is always high quality, deliciously prepared and artistically presented. The servers are very professional, well informed and always helpful. The new setting in the Foothills is excellent, the view of the mountains by day, lights of Tucson by night: D E L I G H T F U L! I'm bringing EVERYONE and will always make reservations!Special Features:
- Perfect start to finishSbonitoDined on 9/8/2014Appetizer escargot and artichoke perfect- crab stuffed chicken with veg rice superb - bread pudding heaven. Beautiful scenery, wonderful views. Service staff were polite friendly and quick.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food is delicious. Good variety on the menu. I love everything I have ordered here. Very consistent high quality.Special Features:
- catsmoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, lovely view especially at sunset. Service was outstanding and the food was delicious. The fish is always prepared perfectly, the vegetable rice is unlike any other and the mushroom soup is so rich and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food is delicious. Restaurant is beautiful. My favorite restaurant in Tucson. Go there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in TUSWangerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Can from Chicago for the weekend. Great northern Italian cuisine. I'd put it up against any great Italian restaurant in Chicago. Smooth service, extensive wine list and great food. Even as free valet. Beautiful outdoor courtyard dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a fine time. I had the fish of the day, my guest had the fish soup. Each of us has previously resided in the Bay Area, CA and we appreciate good fish. Brittany took good care of us at a moderately busy time for the restaurant. We topped the meal off with great coffee and tirimisu - excellent, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder lunch at VivaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Vivace-the food was good and the service was wonderful. The views at this restaurant are visible from almost any table, which makes the dining experience especially nice.Special Features:
- dinerDined on 9/4/2014Been going to Vivace for 15 years and every time I go it is a wonderful dining experience. The food is consistent and the price is affordable for fine dining.Special Features:
- Vivace'sbhavaniDined on 9/4/2014This is the third and probably final building that Vivace's has resided in and it's gorgeous! My husband and I had our first date at Vivace's when it was in it's first location. We always have our special occasions at Vivace's and frequented the second location often. The third location is further for us but well worth the drive because it's simply beautiful, elegant, the food is world class and we will continue to make it our "special occasions" venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home of epicurean delightLove2dineatvivaceDined on 9/3/2014Food and service is impeccable. The menu is deep in good choices. Salads and soups are incomparable. It is simply the best dining experience in tucson. I go there whenever I can and it is always the first restaurant tha I recommend to people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RemodelingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014Everything was suburb except for the live Bibb salad. The pears were underripe and the dressing was tasteless. The Chicken & Aparagus Risotto was real not rice pretending to be Risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great celebrationZwoofDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely anniversary AND birthday celebration. The food was delicious and served at a nice pace. If I really want to be picky: The Ceasar dressing could have been creameyer and the fish of the day was bait on the salty side.Special Features:
- Vivace - still the bestGrandpaPatDined on 9/2/2014We had not visited Vivace since it relocated to its new site. All of what we love about this restaurant remains in place - food, service, warmth.... The great views of the city and/or the Catalinas is an extra bonus. It remains as our favorite restaurant here in Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, relaxing, beautiful viewPickyEaterDined on 9/2/2014Be prepared to eat when visiting Vivace's. The food portions, from the hors d'oeuvres, to the main meals, to the desserts are HUGE. The problem with that, they are all delicious and meticulously prepared, so you'll probably need to take some home. I would recommend sharing desserts if you wish to taste what they have to offer. The host, hostesses and wait staff were all so very nice and the service did not lack. Overall, we'll be going back again and again. Worth every bite.Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 9/1/2014Thank you, we had a delightful time on a quiet holiday at mid-day lunch. My guest enjoyed the penne with sausage on this, her first visit to Vivace. She truly enjoyed the Vivace house-made coconut gelato "Better than home-made, she remarked coming from a Staten Island, NYC Italian family. I enjoyed the fish of the day , greens salad, iced tea and creme-brulee with thanks to Felix for taking good care of us. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDrBobDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit to the new location to celebrate a birthday. The main dining room, with the fabulous city view, is very noisy, so we requested a quieter location. They seated us in a kind of dining room annex. It was quiet, though not particularly attractive. The pear walnut salad was quite good, and the stuffed shrimp outstanding as always. The sauteed veggies I requested as a substitute for the rice were actually steamed, had no seasoning, and were boring. The bread pudding was fabulous, but obscenely large - maybe a mistake - enough for two good servings.Special Features:
- Good food as always, but noisySueazDined on 8/30/2014Four of us dined at the "new" location, having been at their previous location many times. The food was as good as always, with a very nice selection that would seem to allow those with varying tastes to find a dish that appealed to them. My striped bass, served with a risotto, was melt-in-your-mouth excellent, as was the roasted red pepper soup--both specials of the evening. Our waiter, Candace, was very attentive and had a good sense of humor. Although we were seated at a nice table in a little archway area of the dining room, we still found the noise level to be loud. However, the views, two of us facing the city of Tucson and two of us facing the Santa Catalina Mountains, were a definite plus.Special Features:
- OutstandingTucsonianDined on 8/30/2014This was the first trip to the new location and I loved it. The new restaurant feels more spacious but not too big and the views out all of the windows are fantastic. The food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- A Perfect Lunchveg1231Dined on 8/30/2014I gotta tell you, I am a vegetarian and often disappointed in my dining out experience. I ordered the Antipasto plate with no meat and sub the goat cheese with fresh parmesan cheese. It was beautiful, the plate was loaded with tasty spinach, aspargagus, olives, bread and much more it was filled with wonderful flavors and very memorable. It didn't hurt that it was only $13.00, and worth every bit of it! The service was friendly and attentive. We left full, relaxed and ready to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lunch on a SaturdayPattyDined on 8/30/2014Have been visiting Vivace for years - whenever I'm in Tucson (from Scottsdale). 3rd time at the new location, and it is beautiful - but the waiter was very disappointing. After saying he'd be right back with cheese for our entree, we never saw him again until he brought the check, at which time we told him we wanted coffee. His apron was F I L T H Y. Where were the fabulous, professional, attentive waiters from the other location? Happy to say, the food is still wonderful!Special Features:
- We Appreciate the Little ThingsPXandFriendsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Vivace was stellar, as always. The service by Felix and crew was on point. We appreciate the fact that not only does he remember things we like (or don't like) but the kitchen is willing to go "off menu" and prepare other things when possible. It says something about a restaurant when so many of the folks that work there have been there for such a long time. The new location has wonderful views. We can't wait for cooler weather so we can explore the patio dining options. Vivace remains one of our go to choices in town when we want excellent food, strong service, and a restaurant with local connections.Special Features:
- Great foodZalbaDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful restaurant definitely going back, they did a special plate when I asked ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relocation Complete/SuccessfuldisappointedDined on 8/29/2014This was our first evening dining at Vivace since the relocation. The wait staff is the same and it was familiar and comfortable to see them again. Their attitude and demeanor was welcoming, accommodating and friendly. The menu was not changed in the move and food quality remained excellent. The views of the Tucson valley and the Catalina Mountains (up close) are notable. The only distraction I would mention is that the acoustics in the main dining area are not good and with nothing on the high, smooth ceilings to dampen sounds. A minor detractor well overcome by the favorable aspects of Vivace. Yet another memorable meal for my wife and I. As a matter of personal policy I do not make recommendations; Vivace could be the exception.Special Features:
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a good time. Our servers were attentive and helpful at a very busy time for the restaurant. My wife ordered her favorite breaded chicken breast with mashed potatoes and Vivace's great creme-sauce gravy. I had the Hawaiian snapper-marvelous fish entrée with mixed greens salad and Vivace tirimisu for dessert, always a favorite. Thanks, Vivace, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableFoodieinTusDined on 8/29/2014The food is reliable, (lots of butter makes everything better!)well presented, special requests honored and service is attentive. This is a go too restaurant for good food, white table cloths and approachable wine list. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as expected...AzGuyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Vivace's has always been a favorite. It also seems like a nice fit in the new building. The atmosphere is upscale but not pretentious. The service is very good. The food is tasty and beautifully prepared as one would expect knowing the history of Vivace's. I highly recommend the seafood soup and the shrimp and mushroom salad for lunch. The portions are both bountiful and delightful. We left satiated. Vivace's is definitely one of the best restaurants in Tucson. We will return soon. Keep up the good work.Special Features: