4209 Lassiter Mill Road
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivaceraleigh.com/
- Phone: (919) 787-7747
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:59pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:59pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Matt Greiner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room seats up to 20 with multi media capabilities & drop down projection screen. Soundproof and controlled lighting options.
- Private Party Contact: Jed Orton 919-787-7747x
A word from Vivace
Vivace is a contemporary Italian restaurant featuring a hip indoor/outdoor bar, fantastic patio, and warm dining room adjacent to an open kitchen. The chef prepares fresh local ingredients with Italian techniques while the bar pours a cocktail menu based on homemade limonciello and an extensive wine list comprised of the finest Italian selections.Continued
PATIO SEATING IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. ONLINE RESERVATIONS CAN ONLY BE MADE FOR OUR DINING ROOM.
PATIO SEATING IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. ONLINE RESERVATIONS CAN ONLY BE MADE FOR OUR DINING ROOM.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vivace - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Vivace reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (32)romantic (29)hot spot (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (23)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (12)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a great choiceKafkaShoreDined on 11/20/2014About my favorite all-around restaurant in Raleigh. Lunch, dinner, drinks, doesn't matter -- consistently reliable and excellent in an upscale and unpretentious way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food! I will be back very soon!!MelPDined on 11/19/2014Ladies night was wonderful! The food was amazing!!! We sat and talked for 4 hours and were the last to leave and never felt rushed!!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehclkhls3xDined on 11/15/2014I remember Vivace being so much better than it was this visit. Nothing was horrible (except the moonshine cocktail!), but nothing was great either. The mojito was good, the prosciutto was fine, and the scallop risotto was okay. But, I expect more from Vivace. Amber was our waitress. She was efficient but lacked warmth. The hostess was inept and kept trying to squeeze large parties of people through too-small spaces between tables, causing members of our party to have to move every time. Had she walked around the perimeter of the dining room, all would have been well. I remember being blown away by Vivace in the past. This time? Not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was a good restaurant, the menu was somewhat confusing but the food was good. It is an intimate space unless you are lucky to get a booth. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Lovely spaceShelleyDined on 10/27/2014i love this restaurant. Not only is the food excellent, the outdoor dining space is fantastic. The inside bar is beautiful and opens up to the outside weather permitting. It has a lively bar scene and a great cocktail and wine selection. The service is always great with attentive staff. I definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner or just drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- Yum YumNomadVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very enjoyable pre-theatre dinner. The sausage and pepper arancini as an appetizer was a big hit at our table of five. The presentation of the tomato braised swordfish made mouths water as it was being placed on the table and did not disappoint. Several opted for lighter meals and picked the carne, margherita and fig & prosciutto pizza options. Each was deliciously flavorful with paperthin crusts baked crisp. The dessert of lemon tartaletta was a bit of a let down though as it came across like it had pre-prepared and stored for a long time. Our server, a female whose name I do not remember, was great. The place was packed and there is a large outdoor dining area, though we chose to eat inside.
- gnocchiFoodGirlDined on 10/21/2014The gnocchi is amazing. The poached egg yolk on top was the key to this dish. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- EatoutDined on 10/19/2014Nice dinner, but the Vivace in Tucson is much better.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch - very goodnfspDined on 10/12/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Food was excellent. Would definitely recommend. Excellent find!Special Features:
- MikeDVIPDined on 10/11/2014Nice dinner at Vivace. Good service and very good food.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I asked for a glass of chardonnay. The waiter informed me that there were only 2 glasses of it left and he could not let me taste it without charging me for the glass. We had to ask for bread. But the fish was excellent.Special Features:
- Lunch meetingJasmineDined on 10/9/2014Started with an oranecello cocktail that light and refreshing! Great service too. All the food scallops, salmon, salads- was delicious and beautifully presented. My salmon was a bit more done than it should've been, but not dried out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Always sit in the bar area. Food is always on point and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!ApexDinerDined on 10/3/2014We love vivace! North hills location, but with quaint city feel! Food is amazing, we always try to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sidekickDined on 10/2/2014great food and very nice out door dining, the mushroom pizza was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Speciallook4gddiningVIPDined on 9/30/2014We dined here for lunch: Appetizer of calamari was greasy. The cold sauce they serve with it was bland. Turkey panini lacked both flavor and presentation appeal. The risotto was flavorful. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. I wonder if management has changed at the top of this local food group. Recently dined at CHOW, another of their restaurants and it was awful. (It used to be very good.) Vivace has a beautiful courtyard in a great small setting, but needs to focus a bit more on their food quality.
- Great FindRAS28Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit to Vivace in the last two weeks, both times with friends. In each case the four of us had wonderful meals. The main entrees were delicious and the portions ample. Service is good and the prices are suitable for the quality of the food. The deserts are also a bit different and though a bit pricey were very good. We enjoyed our dining experience and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit - impressedRAS28Dined on 9/19/2014We had heard about Vivace for a while and finally decided to go there. We were not disappointed as the food was excellent as was the service. Prices are moderate. We now have a new place to take friends and visitors to the area. We shall return, and soon.Special Features:
- Limited menuLocalDinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014The meatballs had a lot of filler and the kale arrived too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner4twoDined on 9/11/2014Service was great, and so was the food! Great place to meet friends!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Love Vivace. One of the best restaurants in Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Outnclkb123VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our service was awesome! We gad the Yellow Fin Tuna as our appetizer and it was out of this world, as well as the grilled salmon chop and the veal saltimbocca.Special Features:
- The perfect outdoor lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was lovely. Top marks to food quality (lightly grilled salmon and fresh mozzo and grilled tomato appetizer), portions, presentation, and setting. Had lunch on the patio next to a lovely fountain. With backs to the parking lot, the ambience was lovely. Special mention to our server, who managed just the perfect amount of involvement and timing. Transparently superb. In all, a gem. Recommended.Special Features:
- Sunday night missOverfikeDined on 8/24/2014I guess the weekend took the pluck out of the wait staff as service and attentiveness were poor. With a near patio I had to plead with the host to combine two tables to accommodate our party of 6 which he eventually gave into but was very resistant. It took awhile for the waitress to address us but then with no introduction or welcome just asked what we were drinking. All drinks and food arrived slow and my father who ordered the bolognese had to send it back because it was Luke warm at best. I have eaten here often and they seem to be more on their game when they are bustling. Also, Sunday may be the landing strip for the lesser wait staff so a weekend ending meal may send you away wanting. so so overall and I am not in any hurry to goSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Great dining experience. My husband's and friend's dish were undercooked (risotto).Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.ncbtDined on 8/23/2014Went to Vivace for a business lunch. The server was great - he did not rush us and was very attentive. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Fast & DeliciousFullVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is my favorite place for working lunches. The service is always great and I can get in and out of a quiet sit down restaurant in time to get back to work. love it!Special Features:
- pirate09Dined on 8/16/2014We went for my Mom's birthday, which I thought I made a note of in my reservation. It was never acknowledged. No, I do not expect a dessert or anything, but just an acknowledgement would have been nice. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. Maybe that was my fault for ordering the Salmon. I guess I should have gone with something Italian. Even with the food being just so-so I would be more inclined to come back if the service had been better. I shouldn't have to ask the server what the features are after she's already been to the table three times. She didn't guide us through the menu at all. I had been once before, my parents never had. No menu presentation what-so-ever offered. Service was very much 'Diner' style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for galsThatwasdelicious22Dined on 8/15/2014We had excellent service and we were sat immediately per our reservation time. The food was absolutely delicious in every way, however the portions are quite small - something to keep in mind. It was a bit dark and difficult to hear my friends talking across the table due to the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFrequentdinerDined on 8/15/2014I've been several times and had a good meal yet again, in a great environment with top notch serviceSpecial Features:
- NiceBeenBetterDined on 8/13/2014Pasta was over cooked last time we were there. I asked for no garlic in mine and it came loaded. I think there was a problem in the kitchen that night. Usually betterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful accommodationRaleighTravellerDined on 8/9/2014We had a very nice experience at Vivace with a nice recollection by the waitress that a member of our party had a dairy allergy and needed an accommodation to the dish ordered. The chef worked with us to substitute some other menu items and created a delicious entree. The extra effort by our waitress was appreciated and the accommodation by the kitchen was appreciated as well. Made for a lovely mean and a terrific evening.Special Features:
- really good foodTexanDined on 8/6/2014Ah the food was just fabulous. Everything ordered was so flavorful. The restaurant is a bit noisy but it is lively. Good wine choice. Highly recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie PaulFoodiePaulDined on 7/31/2014Enjoy variety on menu plus unique Italian dishes that other so called competitors don't dare to make. Appetizers ,salads are great and you cant go wrong with any of the pasta choices. Restaurant is loud by design so great hearing is needed for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- The following 1088 reviews are from the Vivace reviews archive.
- Good place to meet for dinnersallyNCDined on 7/18/2014I needed a place to catch up with an old friend from out of town. Food was great and not typical fare. They put us in at quieter table so we could hear each other, and they let us take our time with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and noisyFromRaleighDined on 7/18/2014I brought colleagues for a leisurely dinner, but we also needed to have some business discussions. Service was excellent. Food was interesting. But the restaurant was so hot (on a relatively cool summer night) and so loud that I couldn't appreciate the experience.Special Features:
- It's about timediamondDaveDined on 7/14/2014....that I finally ate here. Several people have mentioned this place to me and I was finally able to go and experience it myself. I'm glad I went because this place reminds me of the "California style" ambiance, decorations, and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionlikegr8foodDined on 7/12/2014An evening out at Vivace for my wife and I was a wonderful experience. The waitstaff was attentive; although a little stiff - could be more engaging. The food was excellent - great flavor in my black linquini and the tuna appetizer with the melon was outstanding. And the wine choices were OK. My wife would like to have seen more than one chardonnay choice. a good experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Lived in Cary for many years and just heard of vivace and so glad we did. Food was excellent and service great. Sat on patio which made even better. Definetlyvwill go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorelDined on 7/4/2014They made an attempt to accommodate my wife and I fairly well. Being that she is new to the type of food provided at Vivace she was not able to fully indulge on the experience. The server was friendly about this however, and I would definitely pay my respect to the chef on any day. The chef made a little plate for my wife and I who were in Raleigh celebrating our 2nd anniversary in the town we met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.